21 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
Grits
post Jan 9 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

The clutter stuff is what I'm the most excited about. Jerric agrees. He does not need a Ruby Throne when he has a perfectly good bucket. tongue.gif I can't wait to find and craft all of the little things that make a space personal.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 9 2017, 11:54 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 9 2017, 04:59 PM) *

The clutter stuff is what I'm the most excited about. Jerric agrees. He does not need a Ruby Throne when he has a perfectly good bucket. tongue.gif I can't wait to find and craft all of the little things that make a space personal.

You said it all right there = this. I spent 12 hours stealing ferns from different houses (after I ran out of funds and couldn't buy any more from the Crown Store) just to have that extra little touch in those empty vases they had.

Here is a good example; this Courtyard was totally empty except for two awnings:

Courtyard: http://i.imgur.com/PPPwAeF.png

Each cup you see on the tables full or empty was 50 Crowns; each bottle of wine was 400 Crowns. Those decanters = 400 per each too. The ferns in the pots were only 10 Crowns each, but in a mansion of this size - I used A LOT of them. There is plates of food on some of the tables at 50 Crowns per each plate of food.

But without that clutter, this place looked barren. Now it is kind of an awesome place we could have a guild meeting if we wanted to. So I can't wait to be able to craft the stuff myself and farm the mats - keep my gold for other things, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 11 2017, 12:48 AM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

Furniture Crafting Data as well as a general list of decorations.

Now all that's needed is the price they go for from vendors to gauge whether it's better to craft them or buy them off of vendors.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 11 2017, 01:50 AM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 10 2017, 06:48 PM) *

Furniture Crafting Data as well as a general list of decorations.

Now all that's needed is the price they go for from vendors to gauge whether it's better to craft them or buy them off of vendors.

This list is Awesome! Thank you so much for posting this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 11 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

monkey, thank you for the list! What a fantastic resource.

Glancing through it seems that while many items require ranks above 1 on multiple crafts, none seems to require higher ranks in multiple skills within each craft line. In other words I think that a dedicated furniture crafter could get away with spending points in only the first skill of each crafting line, while a dedicated Clothier, Enchanter, etc. needs to spend points in most if not all of the skills within their craft lines. Does this seem right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 11 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

Coming soon!

Roger the Shrubber!

/Wanders off muttering "Ni!"

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 11 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

That was my thought when I saw you can buy a shrubbery! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 11 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

"We require... ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!"

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 11 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 11 2017, 11:55 AM) *

"We require... ANOTHER SHRUBBERY!!!"

Only 10 crowns each, can't beat the price, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 15 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

ESO Fashion has a great deal of housing information up, including a furnishings section with pictures. Make a fresh cup of tea before you go, and be prepared to spend some time browsing. Woo!

Looking at the purchase requirements I realize that it will be a while before my PC crew will be eligible to buy much until they get through some more of the Alliance quests. Might start with the Cyrodilic Jungle House and figure that by the time they get to where we can buy the others, they will have recouped the money.

Jerric has decided (without actually going there, lol) that Sleek Creek in Reaper's March will make a good party house. He is EP, so there is a long road between him and the requisite achievement. If they wanted to get people to go out and do the quests, I think they found a way!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 15 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #31

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy the cash-poor but horse&costume-rich elf very much looks forward to visiting her cash-poor but house&furniture-rich friends in their homes! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 15 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 15 2017, 04:23 PM) *

Buffy the cash-poor but horse&costume-rich elf very much looks forward to visiting her cash-poor but house&furniture-rich friends in their homes! tongue.gif

I've already got you on my visitor lists, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 16 2017, 12:17 AM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

We must have one of these at some point!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jan 16 2017, 12:20 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 16 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

One of the things I'm hugely disappointed with coming with the addition of Homestead is the Master Writs. It is a ridiculous exploit - of the Player.

Twice I've had Master Writs in Enchanting requiring both a Kuta and a Hakeijo.

Hakeijo cannot be found in the world, they can only be bought for minimum 10,000 gold from Guild Stores. Kuta cost approximately 5000 gold to buy from Guild Store; but at least they can be found in a Player's travels if they have access to farming runestones). The third rune was approximately 90.00

So you can pretty well figure that Writ cost me 15,100 to craft. I turn it in, and the guy gives me 300 gold and a couple points toward buying something from his list of house furnishings! Not even any runes or mats to replenish my supply like the regular Writs give - not even close to the gold and XP I earn doing the regular Writs!!!!

and the stuff he has to buy = The lowest cost thing he has is like 8 of those points, and the item is something no one would buy, like a thick wooden cup or something. So I have to do 3-5 of these Master Writs to get a thick wooden cup?

He has the Ebony armor motifs for 25 per each piece of equipment; and you only get a couple points per writ to build up to purchase - meanwhile you are blowing all your mats and getting literally nothing back for them!

I wrote a bug report on it and complained, that is just plain ridiculous.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 16 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

Okay, here is a screenshot of my free apartment in the Ebonheart Pact = the room in the Ebony Flask Inn:

http://imgur.com/a/ztE42

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 16 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 16 2017, 08:40 AM) *

One of the things I'm hugely disappointed with coming with the addition of Homestead is the Master Writs. It is a ridiculous exploit - of the Player.

Hakeijo cannot be found in the world, they can only be bought for minimum 10,000 gold from Guild Stores. Kuta cost approximately 5000 gold to buy from Guild Store; but at least they can be found in a Player's travels if they have access to farming runestones). The third rune was approximately 90.00

So you can pretty well figure that Writ cost me 15,100 to craft. I turn it in, and the guy gives me 300 gold and a couple points toward buying something from his list of house furnishings! Not even any runes or mats to replenish my supply like the regular Writs give - not even close to the gold and XP I earn doing the regular Writs!!!!

and the stuff he has to buy = The lowest cost thing he has is like 8 of those points, and the item is something no one would buy, like a thick wooden cup or something. So I have to do 3-5 of these Master Writs to get a thick wooden cup?

He has the Ebony armor motifs for 25 per each piece of equipment; and you only get a couple points per writ to build up to purchase - meanwhile you are blowing all your mats and getting literally nothing back for them!

Man, that is stupid! They need to rethink all this house stuff.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 16 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

ESO Housing - Port Hunding Palace Furnished:

http://imgur.com/a/EXDag

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 16 2017, 06:54 PM
Post #38

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow! That place is huge! Party at Chez mALX! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 16 2017, 06:54 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 16 2017, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 16 2017, 08:40 AM) *

Man, that is stupid! They need to rethink all this house stuff.

They need to stop displaying their greed so obviously and remember - it is a game, when it is no longer fun to play = the members will leave and find a new one that is. It would save them a lot of money just to make this one enjoyable so they could retain their customer base and bring in new members - people would want to continue to buy crowns, etc. They don't need to strongarm us.

Doing stuff like this = a lot of their member base is talking about leaving the game, and they sure won't get any new members in with stuff like that going on. You can't outright rob someone and them be happy with you or want to join you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 16 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #40

Paladin
Group Icon

I tend to agree, mALX. I'm active on the ZenOfficial forums and you're not alone in expressing concern about what appears to be a growing counterproductive greed from the Crown Store. Crown crates. Overpriced stahlrim motif without enough mimic stones to even craft one set. A massively overpriced elk mount. Pricing decisions regarding housing do not sound promising so far - although that is still in beta and subject to improving (we hope).

I get that they need money to run this wonderful game. That is why I pay for ESO+ and own most costumes and several pets.

There is a line between willingly buying fair-priced nice things from the store while feeling like you are supporting the game, however, vs overpriced stuff leading to resentment and eventual boycott.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

21 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:32 AM