21 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
Darkness Eternal
post Oct 18 2019, 02:27 AM
Post #321

Master
Group Icon

Wraithhome. Can we talk about the fact that this house is 17,000 crowns(furnished)? That's $100.

That's way more expensive than the game itself. Wow.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 18 2019, 02:55 AM
Post #322

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Oct 17 2019, 08:27 PM) *

Wraithhome. Can we talk about the fact that this house is 17,000 crowns(furnished)? That's $100.

Yeah it’s ridiculous. I wasn’t that impressed with it, tbh. Way too much Coldharbour influence for my taste, and almost the entire bottom floor is flooded with that glowy Coldharbour water. I would’ve preferred haunted gothic palace to demonic throne room, but that’s just me.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 18 2019, 09:23 PM
Post #323

Master
Group Icon

Thanks to Grits and Pog the Magnificent, Shonta Quassan got some furniture for his room at the Ebonheart Inn. Pog provided him with a bed, a bookcase, a bowl, a cup and a seat of comfort. The brazer and the chest are quest rewards.

Small and cozy

Comfortable wowen bed

Nice chest

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 18 2019, 10:47 PM
Post #324

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 11 2019, 11:36 AM) *

*Snip*
We'll be wanting to do some of those to buy the plan for the Chiminea. Except that we can't make it (requires Engraving) so we'll be saving the vouchers.

I can make those if you want them. And yeah; Hundings inside that house is VERY dark; I think the Dev's forgot to set the lighting in there. It takes more to light it than most places = but boy is it worth it, I love that place!

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Oct 17 2019, 09:27 PM) *

Right? I didn't care much for the place either; but the price was ridiculous.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 17 2019, 09:55 PM) *

Yeah it’s ridiculous. I wasn’t that impressed with it, tbh. Way too much Coldharbour influence for my taste, and almost the entire bottom floor is flooded with that glowy Coldharbour water. I would’ve preferred haunted gothic palace to demonic throne room, but that’s just me.

Ditto.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 18 2019, 04:23 PM) *

Thanks to Grits and Pog the Magnificent, Shonta Quassan got some furniture for his room at the Ebonheart Inn. Pog provided him with a bed, a bookcase, a bowl, a cup and a seat of comfort. The brazer and the chest are quest rewards.

Small and cozy

Comfortable wowen bed

Nice chest

Aw, I'm so glad you got the room; and AWESOME Grits for making the furniture for Shonta!!!

I love those Argonian beds, they are very warm = and Ebonheart is a great place for Shonta to enjoy the Argonian village along the waterfront there!

Okay, last night I bought the Captain's house in Daggerfall and decorated it = anyone who has "Port to Friends Homes" or "Essential Housing Tools" is welcome to drop in and check it out = Misa doesn't want to leave it, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 18 2019, 10:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Oct 19 2019, 02:01 AM
Post #325

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 18 2019, 02:55 AM) *

Yeah! I’d love a vampire-themed home. But I’m pretty conflicted about it. There are skulls. Everywhere. The makeup it’s too aggressive, and in your face and sort of edgy. Very death-metal with the furniture and stuff. Just over-the-top. I’d like it more if it was less in-your-face evil.

The size? Ridiculous with the furniture cap. That’s like giving you a massive plot of land and then saying you can only plant three trees.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 19 2019, 05:33 AM
Post #326

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Oct 18 2019, 09:01 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 18 2019, 02:55 AM) *

Yeah! I’d love a vampire-themed home. But I’m pretty conflicted about it. There are skulls. Everywhere. The makeup it’s too aggressive, and in your face and sort of edgy. Very death-metal with the furniture and stuff. Just over-the-top. I’d like it more if it was less in-your-face evil.

The size? Ridiculous with the furniture cap. That’s like giving you a massive plot of land and then saying you can only plant three trees.

Bold: Absolutely This. And I totally agree on the WAY overblown "evil" indicators (like piles of skulls and skeletons hanging on chains on a revolving post, etc = or like in Fallout 3 where everyone of the evil factions had bloody corpses hanging on chains and blood all over their bedding, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 20 2019, 01:44 AM
Post #327

Master
Group Icon

I'm with Dark on this. In fact, if I wanted to make a vampire themed home, I think either Quondam Indorilia or the Daggerfall Overlook would make better choices.

I kind of liked the idea of having another home in Rivenspire, but I didn't like the overwhelming Coldharbour/Crypt of Hearts style.

So though I'm known for buying crown only houses, I'm giving this one a definite pass.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 20 2019, 01:48 PM
Post #328

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Oct 18 2019, 08:01 PM) *

I’d like it more if it was less in-your-face evil.

I prefer decor that keeps people guessing about your “alignment”, to use a D&D term. Also, I see no reason why one can’t be a “good” character and have tastes that lean towards the dark. That said, what they did with Wraithhome was basically create a shrine to Molag Bal that you can live in.

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Oct 19 2019, 07:44 PM) *

I'm with Dark on this. In fact, if I wanted to make a vampire themed home, I think either Quondam Indorilia or the Daggerfall Overlook would make better choices.

I kind of liked the idea of having another home in Rivenspire, but I didn't like the overwhelming Coldharbour/Crypt of Hearts style.

So though I'm known for buying crown only houses, I'm giving this one a definite pass.

The home with the windmill in Rivenspire is pretty nice.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 20 2019, 01:49 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 21 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #329

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 20 2019, 08:48 AM) *

I LOVE that house in Fell Run! Is that the one you are talking about?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 21 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #330

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 21 2019, 11:19 AM) *

Yup, Ravenhurst!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 22 2019, 06:27 AM
Post #331

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 21 2019, 03:14 PM) *

Yup, Ravenhurst!

That place is just perfect; I like being able to step out the door into that nice little town; walk to the pub; etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 22 2019, 02:54 PM
Post #332

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 22 2019, 12:27 AM) *

Yup, Ravenhurst!

That place is just perfect; I like being able to step out the door into that nice little town; walk to the pub; etc.

I wish I could afford it, lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 22 2019, 03:37 PM
Post #333

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 22 2019, 09:54 AM) *

A quarter million? You can earn that with daily writs in 50 character-days at CP level. My team is currently raising the gold for Daggerfall Overlook (3.8 million) so Blossom can be a real lady. We're at 3.15 million so far, so around the end of the month with ten characters crafting.

You just have to want it enough!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 22 2019, 03:37 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 22 2019, 04:58 PM
Post #334

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 22 2019, 09:54 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 22 2019, 12:27 AM) *

Yup, Ravenhurst!

Your characters can each earn about 5,000 gold per day doing Writs; and you can earn about 50,000 per day stealing in a lucrative location (like the old "Priest Hole" that Zenimax closed down to thieves, grrrr). Pickpocketing in that "Priest Hole" paid for a lot of the tables in our Guild Hall, lol.

But the absolute fastest way to get 200,000-700,000 per week is to join a trade guild and sell materials that you farm up. If you have a good route you can farm just one hour per day with a CP-160 character to bring in that kind of money; and then just go play the rest of the time you are online. That one hour farming nets raw alchemy ingredients which sell VERY high; but it also brings in raw equipment materials that you can refine and sell the gold tempers from = especially the jewelry tempers sell high; they sell for around 80,000 per each "Plating" and everyone snaps them up as soon as you post them.

If you sell nothing but Kuta runes, Hakeijo runes, Perfect Roe, gold tempers from any of the equipment materials, Nirncrux, any Alchemy ingredients; (especially Cornflower = right now it is over 400 per each one)= you should bring in 200,000 - 400,000 every week with just that one hour farming every day.

Equipment sets to farm: Spriggans and Spinners pieces (Bankorai and Malabal Tor) = go to a Dolmen and farm them; put them up for sale. Just one chest piece or purple ring i can bring in 100,000 each. If you get a green piece of armor or weapon = it doesn't cost hardly anything to just improve them before selling them. (DON'T improve the Jewelry; that would cost more than you would gain from improving it = and unless they have fixed this: might "Bind" the jewelry to your account so you can't sell it).

A lot of people are going down to the Imperial City Sewers and farming for "Telvar" stones; using the Telvar to buy Hakeijo and then selling them at the Guild Traders.

Other things that sell really well (that I don't do) are gold Glyphs (must be the "Truly Superb" ones to sell). Also; Potions and Purple foods for dungeon crawling like the ones Rader makes - he has one in there that I would love to know how he makes! He could sell that and make a fortune. Players that don't have a lot of time to game will buy what they need to get right into that dungeon and play; they don't want to spend their time crafting = a lot of people make money selling already made up stuff to them.

Another thing people will pay well for: If you are really good at decorating; people will pay you to decorate their houses or Guilds; usually between 250,000 to 1 million per each decorating job.

A big way to make money is selling the items that the Master Writ Vendor sells for Vouchers. Do Master Writs to earn the Vouchers; buy some of his Gold Furniture Plans; and sell them. They sell for around 100,000 each and just cost 100-125 Vouchers.

This game has more potential to make money in it than any game I've ever played; and it really doesn't take too much effort to do it; just a little bit. The best motivation to earn money (in game and out) is to want something that is a little out of your reach.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 23 2019, 08:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 22 2019, 07:18 PM
Post #335

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 22 2019, 11:58 AM) *

Other things that sell really well (that I don't do) are gold Glyphs (must be the "Truly Superb" ones to sell). Also; Potions and Purple foods for dungeon crawling like the ones Rader makes - he has one in there that I would love to know how he makes! He could sell that and make a fortune. Players that don't have a lot of time to game will buy what they need to get right into that dungeon and play; they don't want to spend their time crafting = a lot of people make money selling already made up stuff to them.

I've fortunately and surprisingly been finding quite a few gold glyphs (kuta) lately, but I want to use them for myself first.

As for potions and foods, which exact ones are you referring to? I could mess around with ingredients/reagents later to see how I made the stuff, and if I could really get a lot of gold for it then I will happily make more. Chorrolites is the only guild I am a part of, though, and I don't know how much I really want to join a trade guild. But I wouldn't mind creating some stuff for somebody else to sell on my behalf if that is okay with anyone here. I'll even let you take a little cut of the gold for doing that.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 23 2019, 04:04 AM
Post #336

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 22 2019, 01:18 PM) *

I've fortunately and surprisingly been finding quite a few gold glyphs (kuta) lately, but I want to use them for myself first.

As for potions and foods, which exact ones are you referring to? I could mess around with ingredients/reagents later to see how I made the stuff, and if I could really get a lot of gold for it then I will happily make more. Chorrolites is the only guild I am a part of, though, and I don't know how much I really want to join a trade guild. But I wouldn't mind creating some stuff for somebody else to sell on my behalf if that is okay with anyone here. I'll even let you take a little cut of the gold for doing that.

Beware joining a trade guild. It’s basically a job. I think mALX is a member of a pretty laid back trade guild (Sneakybo) but don’t go long periods without selling or you will be booted. Voice of experience talking. Other trade guilds have weekly sales goals you must meet to avoid paying dues. I joined a Trade guild once that advertised on chat as a dues free guild that had a low minimum weekly sales requirement. About a month after I joined, they raised the sales requirement to something ridiculous and started charging dues to those who couldn’t meet the goal. I promptly quit.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 23 2019, 04:05 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 06:17 AM
Post #337

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 22 2019, 02:18 PM) *

If someone puts items up on the Trader Shelves for you; you would have to pay them a cut because it costs the members of the Trade Guild's money (aka game gold) to post items for sale.

Zenimax pulls out a good sized chunk for themselves for Taxes; and they give a small percentage of what they take back to the Guild as Taxes. For every (approximate) 140,000 each member sells; the Guild gets about 5,000 gold in Taxes. But the Player who sold the items pays out about three times that in Taxes. (that is Zenimax taking its cut).

For the Player; the money is automatically paid for as you post the item for sale; so if later on you change your mind and pull the item down off the shelves = the Tax money is gone, you don't ever get it back even if the item doesn't sell or the Guild closes down and the item is mailed back to you - and if you don't have enough gold in your Character's inventory for the Taxes; you can't list that item; or you can lower the price to lower the Taxes charged.

It is very much like any store in real life; say you are selling Pepsi-Cola and you go to a store and hire them to sell your goods = you have to pay for the privilege of setting up a Pepsi stand in that store.

So the member has to pay to sell your stuff. If they sell their own; it is worth the cost because they make an income from it. If they sell yours; it takes up some of their (30) slots of sale space that they had to spend 10,00 a week plus Taxes to pay for; and they don't get the income from it. Not many would do that for you; you would be better off selling it to your mates you PvP with. (not the ones ganking you; laugh.gif )

But you had some completely and totally awesome health potions in there for combat that just floored me; they were the best I'd ever seen!

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 23 2019, 08:33 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 06:36 AM
Post #338

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 22 2019, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 22 2019, 01:18 PM) *

Beware joining a trade guild. It’s basically a job. I think mALX is a member of a pretty laid back trade guild (Sneakybo) but don’t go long periods without selling or you will be booted. Voice of experience talking. Other trade guilds have weekly sales goals you must meet to avoid paying dues. I joined a Trade guild once that advertised on chat as a dues free guild that had a low minimum weekly sales requirement. About a month after I joined, they raised the sales requirement to something ridiculous and started charging dues to those who couldn’t meet the goal. I promptly quit.

Yeah; that wasn't arbitrary = they had to start charging minimums because Zenimax opened up bidding on Traders to 10 Traders per guild. It is running all the small Guilds out of business; they can't keep their Trader spots if they can't outbid these much larger Guilds.

Three of my Guilds shut down a couple weeks ago; one of them that had shut down is trying to open again.

Their minimum is 10,000 per week donation; which comes out to how much taxes they would collect for you selling just under 300,000 per week. (If you sell that much; you don't have to pay the donation; otherwise you have to supplement whatever your taxes were plus enough to bring it to 10,000)

The 10,000 dues is worth it to have access to earning 200,000 - 700,000 per week in sales. The Guild has to pay those Traders; and they are hugely expensive = so if someone isn't even posting items for sale; they will def be booted out. Even as an Officer, I couldn't save you on that.

But yeah; they ARE a Trade Guild; so you are most definitely expected to try to sell something (or why even join a Trade Guild?).

Anyway; right now all the Guilds out there are having to charge minimums; you won't find any that don't right now due to that new rule Zenimax put in almost right after you joined.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 23 2019, 02:39 PM
Post #339

Ancient
Group Icon

At this point anything I say is just whining, so I’ll just say that I wish there was an option for people who only want to sell off some excess things occasionally. WoW had a public auction house which did the trick for this.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 23 2019, 03:26 PM
Post #340

Councilor
Group Icon

Khajiit, another option is to find a social guild who has their own guild store (not trader). In that case you are only buying and selling with the 499 other guild members, but if you price things low they still sell. Way back in my PlayStation days I was in a guild like that. Other members bought things up to re-sell in their trade guilds.

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:25 AM