Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
mALX
post Jan 16 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 16 2017, 01:10 PM) *

I tend to agree, mALX. I'm active on the ZenOfficial forums and you're not alone in expressing concern about what appears to be a growing counterproductive greed from the Crown Store. Crown crates. Overpriced stahlrim motif without enough mimic stones to even craft one set. A massively overpriced elk mount. Pricing decisions regarding housing do not sound promising so far - although that is still in beta and subject to improving (we hope).

I get that they need money to run this wonderful game. That is why I pay for ESO+ and own most costumes and several pets.

There is a line between willingly buying fair-priced nice things from the store while feeling like you are supporting the game, however, vs overpriced stuff leading to resentment and eventual boycott.

Agreed. People don't like to be treated like suckers.

** Oh, did you see my free room image above? I am posting the few that I decorated.

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 16 2017, 11:53 AM) *

Okay, here is a screenshot of my free apartment in the Ebonheart Pact = the room in the Ebony Flask Inn:

http://imgur.com/a/ztE42

This is the hotel room you can purchase at the Sands Inn, in Sentinel:

http://imgur.com/a/Bge3J

ESO Housing - Port Hunding Palace Furnished:

http://imgur.com/a/EXDag

And the Imperial House in Craglorn:

http://imgur.com/a/nITMO

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 16 2017, 07:21 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 16 2017, 07:21 PM
Post #42

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, those look nice! smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 16 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 16 2017, 01:19 PM) *

Okay, here is a screenshot of my free apartment in the Ebonheart Pact = the room in the Ebony Flask Inn:

http://imgur.com/a/ztE42

This is the hotel room you can purchase at the Sands Inn, in Sentinel:

http://imgur.com/a/Bge3J

ESO Housing - Port Hunding Palace Furnished:

http://imgur.com/a/EXDag

And the Imperial House in Craglorn:

http://imgur.com/a/nITMO

Mistveil Manor across from Riften in The Rift:

http://imgur.com/a/nl57H

And the Twin Arches in Bankorai:

http://imgur.com/a/Own0r

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 16 2017, 08:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 16 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

Very nice, mALX! I was concerned that the large areas might look sparse, but you have done a beautiful job with them!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 16 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 16 2017, 02:29 PM) *

Very nice, mALX! I was concerned that the large areas might look sparse, but you have done a beautiful job with them!

I did too, and worried the small rooms might feel too cramped, too! laugh.gif The Stonefalls free room was just a perfect size, not too small at all!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 17 2017, 05:00 AM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 16 2017, 08:40 AM) *

One of the things I'm hugely disappointed with coming with the addition of Homestead is the Master Writs. It is a ridiculous exploit - of the Player.

Twice I've had Master Writs in Enchanting requiring both a Kuta and a Hakeijo.

Hakeijo cannot be found in the world, they can only be bought for minimum 10,000 gold from Guild Stores. Kuta cost approximately 5000 gold to buy from Guild Store; but at least they can be found in a Player's travels if they have access to farming runestones). The third rune was approximately 90.00

So you can pretty well figure that Writ cost me 15,100 to craft. I turn it in, and the guy gives me 300 gold and a couple points toward buying something from his list of house furnishings! Not even any runes or mats to replenish my supply like the regular Writs give - not even close to the gold and XP I earn doing the regular Writs!!!!

and the stuff he has to buy = The lowest cost thing he has is like 8 of those points, and the item is something no one would buy, like a thick wooden cup or something. So I have to do 3-5 of these Master Writs to get a thick wooden cup?

He has the Ebony armor motifs for 25 per each piece of equipment; and you only get a couple points per writ to build up to purchase - meanwhile you are blowing all your mats and getting literally nothing back for them!

I wrote a bug report on it and complained, that is just plain ridiculous.

Considering that you're on the PTS, these are things that you can totally give feedback on and apparently enough people have, considering they're decreasing the chance of getting a gold-level request from them with a recent patch to the PTS.

But yeah, Hakeijo glyphs are probably going to break a few people and it's bizarre how little vouchers those Writs give out. Considering that higher-tiered Writs like Nirnhoned Gold weapons give around a hundred (last I checked) vouchers, I get the feeling someone must've goofed somewhere?

I wonder if they'll end up decreasing the excessive material requirements for furniture crafting, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 17 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 16 2017, 11:00 PM) *

Considering that you're on the PTS, these are things that you can totally give feedback on and apparently enough people have, considering they're decreasing the chance of getting a gold-level request from them with a recent patch to the PTS.

But yeah, Hakeijo glyphs are probably going to break a few people and it's bizarre how little vouchers those Writs give out. Considering that higher-tiered Writs like Nirnhoned Gold weapons give around a hundred (last I checked) vouchers, I get the feeling someone must've goofed somewhere?

I wonder if they'll end up decreasing the excessive material requirements for furniture crafting, too.

Bold: I hope so, it kind of makes no sense that you don't need a lot of wood/cloth/metal; but need a bunch of racial stones and tempers!

Example: Making a bed requires Bast (6, but these drop at a good rate), Heartwood (4, these also drop at a good rate), Racial style stones like Redguard = 20 (and these are hard to come by in mass amounts) - and Hemming improving temper (9 - and these are very hard to come by).

And this is just for one bed!

That is only 6 of the cloth ingredient, and only 4 of the wood ingredient - but 20 of the racial style ingredient and 9 tempers to improve it?

That really makes no sense, it is way out of balance - like they are trying to make sure it costs out the butt to make stuff and since you can't find tempers by farming and they barely drop in refining and deconstructing - it kind of forces you to use your Crowns to furnish your house (unless they plan to increase the drop rate of these things).

It seems like they are trying to make this an effort in futility for us while they manipulate our spending more money to buy more Crowns to decorate. They aren't very subtle about their greed in this, I hope they rein it in a bit before the release.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 21 2017, 12:44 AM
Post #48

Mouth
Group Icon

I've amassed a little over 1.6 million gold and I'm honestly considering getting a large house and do the sitcom shared house thing for a while until each of my three chucklefucks get enough for a house of their own. Y'know, so I can figure out what house they're getting and all so I don't waste money on houses I probably won't use. I figure it's better this way since making around 300k for medium houses isn't all that hard.

In other news, the Aldmeri Dominion inn room fits Jo'zira's backstory perfectly and I love that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 21 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 20 2017, 06:44 PM) *

I've amassed a little over 1.6 million gold and I'm honestly considering getting a large house and do the sitcom shared house thing for a while until each of my three chucklefucks get enough for a house of their own. Y'know, so I can figure out what house they're getting and all so I don't waste money on houses I probably won't use. I figure it's better this way since making around 300k for medium houses isn't all that hard.

In other news, the Aldmeri Dominion inn room fits Jo'zira's backstory perfectly and I love that.

That Aldmeri room is cute! Oh, does anyone know = if we have three characters - one in each of the different Alliances; can we get the free room in each Alliance, or can we only get one free room per account?

By the way, really enjoyed meeting Jo'Zira yesterday!

Oh, and I was very happy to note that they DID rein in the ridiculous number of racial stones per item of crafted furnishings - going from 30 each item down to 5 = thank goodness!

So far the voucher issue is still ongoing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 24 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

My console crew has passed the million mark, which makes me seriously consider one of the large houses. The Imperial style is my favorite. I've read some things about them changing the furniture from the Colovian style that matches the dark stone of the houses to the style that they have on the Gold Coast, though. Also that Colovian- Imperial furniture might be a Crown-only thing, not purchasable for gold or craftable. So I will wait and see. PC will have Homestead for a while before I get it on the PS4 anyway, so I may have a better idea by then.

Unsurprisingly the outdoor areas and views are the most important for Jerric. He likes that he can fish not far from Autumn's Gate, which he thinks of as Elke's House. It may end up as Elke's Empty House. I hate to think how long it will be before Elke can actually craft any furnishings!

If you want to see some great decorating videos, check out Elara Northwind on YouTube. Here's one: LINK.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 24 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

What do you folks think is a good amount of gold a character should keep on their person? Mira is currently carrying around 50k+ and Feng has around 20k+. So maybe, say 2000g for each character?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jan 24 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #52

Mouth
Group Icon

I just have everyone carry what they've earned, I never put gold in the bank. Once housing comes out I'll get Haa-Rei and Cirinwe's place sorted first, then they can send gold to Lagakha and Tsarakiri for their respective accommodation.

Most of my crew don't spend much, but Haa-Rei's armour repairs are usually about 1000 gold and he also needs to keep stocked up on food and riding lessons.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 24 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #53

Paladin
Group Icon

When Buffy hits the bank, she lightens herself down to 1K. Mostly for the stables. If she's going to shop with the guild merchants, she loads herself up with some bank gold first.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 24 2017, 11:57 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 24 2017, 03:32 PM) *

My console crew has passed the million mark, which makes me seriously consider one of the large houses. The Imperial style is my favorite. I've read some things about them changing the furniture from the Colovian style that matches the dark stone of the houses to the style that they have on the Gold Coast, though. Also that Colovian- Imperial furniture might be a Crown-only thing, not purchasable for gold or craftable. So I will wait and see. PC will have Homestead for a while before I get it on the PS4 anyway, so I may have a better idea by then.

Unsurprisingly the outdoor areas and views are the most important for Jerric. He likes that he can fish not far from Autumn's Gate, which he thinks of as Elke's House. It may end up as Elke's Empty House. I hate to think how long it will be before Elke can actually craft any furnishings!

If you want to see some great decorating videos, check out Elara Northwind on YouTube. Here's one: LINK.

Ooh, thanks for that link! I noticed some of these have access to different items than I have been able to find either in my crafting lists or in the Crown Store = mostly food items.

But I watched a few other vids that showed some really great innovative stuff - like this one for a tiny house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcg5HefUJ8s

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 25 2017, 12:28 AM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 24 2017, 03:44 PM) *

What do you folks think is a good amount of gold a character should keep on their person? Mira is currently carrying around 50k+ and Feng has around 20k+. So maybe, say 2000g for each character?

Before going out dungeon crawling, I will pick up 1,000 just for armor repairs if needed. Otherwise, just for a mats run or something - no more than 500. If I am going shopping at wilderness guild stores, I'll usually bring about 25,000 to shop with; but I usually only do that when I have something specific I'm looking for.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 25 2017, 04:03 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks for the opinions folks. On one hand, Khajiit likes to have the total amount on a character's person. On the other hand, it would be nice for this one's low level characters to afford basics like extra bag space, so withdrawing some funds from the bank would be a good idea.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 25 2017, 01:48 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

My characters visit the bank daily to swap goods and deposit gold over 1,000. New characters get a care package from the rest of the crew that includes some starter basics plus a bag of gold to buy pack upgrades. Then they level to the point where they make at least 250 gold from one writ so that they can train their mount every day without making a withdrawal when they are not adventuring.

When someone is in shopping mode(for example collecting motif chapters) they keep their daily income from writs plus they get the mail from items that have sold in the guild stores. That usually fills their purse enough, but if they need more I don't hesitate to get gold out for whatever they need. With crafters, merchants, and adventurers all supporting each other I never considered having each character keep track of their own expenses and earnings.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 25 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 25 2017, 07:48 AM) *

My characters visit the bank daily to swap goods and deposit gold over 1,000. New characters get a care package from the rest of the crew that includes some starter basics plus a bag of gold to buy pack upgrades. Then they level to the point where they make at least 250 gold from one writ so that they can train their mount every day without making a withdrawal when they are not adventuring.

When someone is in shopping mode(for example collecting motif chapters) they keep their daily income from writs plus they get the mail from items that have sold in the guild stores. That usually fills their purse enough, but if they need more I don't hesitate to get gold out for whatever they need. With crafters, merchants, and adventurers all supporting each other I never considered having each character keep track of their own expenses and earnings.

Bold: Ditto. I put everything in the bank where I know exactly their combined net worth at all times. There are just too many characters and would get too involved having to account for each. The pot is drawn from for needs of any; (and all of them contribute to it by doing daily writs).

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 25 2017, 03:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 25 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

Woah! Those manors must be expensive, not even counting the cost to add furniture and shrines, etc.

But man do they look good! Better save on some coins and crowns!

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 5 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #60

Mouth
Group Icon

SO who's exited for Homstid on Mondy??? I kno I em!

I do a final tally of gold tomorrow to see what I'll end up blowing it on, and I'm preparing for Master Writs in case I get one as early as Monday.

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:28 AM