Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind expansion discussion, Spoilerific discussion of the new Morrowind content
Acadian
post May 22 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Paladin
Group Icon

Going through the patch notes regarding CP changes introduced with the MW expansion today. I’ve no doubt tweaks will come, but for now and to help me with initial CP reallocation, I took some notes:

New CP cap is 630.

Health, stamina, magicak CP gains are now capped at CP300 with +20% vs the old cap of 20% at CP600.

Gains are on a diminishing returns curve. Generally, 50 points = about 75% of the benefit.

100 points = +15%:
Hardy, Elemenal Defender, Quick Recovery, Siphoner, Mooncalf, Arcanist, Health, Tenacity, Tumbling, Blessed, Elemental Expert, Mighty.

100 points = +25%:
Ironclad, Thickskin, Bastion, Warlord, Shadowward, Elfbain, Shattering blows, Master at Arms, Thaumatage, Precise Strikes.

100 points = +35%:
Expert Defender, Sprinter, Bashing focus, Shade, Physical Weapons Expert, Staff Expert.

100 points = +55%: Befoul.

100 points = +5280:
Spell shield, Light armor focus, Medium armor focus, Heavy armor focus. Spell erosion, Piercing.

100 points = +1650: Resistant.

Edit: Oops. When I moved this post from another thread to here, somehow it made me the thread originator. I can't delete it to fix since that would delete the thread. Oh well. My intent was simply to add this post to hazmick's excellent new thread.

This post has been edited by Acadian: May 22 2017, 04:43 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 22 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Now that the NDA is over, we can freely talk about the Morrowind expansion. I thought a separate topic would be best while early access is going on to avoid spoiling it for those that are waiting.

I'll show some screenies I took on the PTS a little later - lots of great stuff to see on Vvardenfell!

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 22 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh boy! Khajiit is downloading the update now!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 22 2017, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm up and running now with the pre-ordered access.

I'm going to play Bowgirl for awhile since she is not L50 yet. I'll let Healer and Sorc rest for a bit while I think about how to redo their CP.

The pre-order perks of armored horse and dog are nice but don't really suit Buffy.

The magnificently bright spot for Buffy is that new warden costume. It is EXACTLY what we've been looking for since missing the mantled knee-length mage robes with pouch from Skyrim. And (ESO+) it dyes up perfectly into Buffy's forest green and buckskin colors. Woot!

The bow heavy attack now autofires when it is ready. This is good and bad but, overall, I'm gonna call it good.

Since the sorc doesn't rely on volatile familiar or crystal frags, she'll easily be fine. She uses liberal heavy shock staff attacks already and has a massive magicka pool (Necropotence) so sustain should also be fine for her.

Templar will take some more thought and adjustment. Overall, she will be nerfed some for sure but I'm confident she'll adjust and be okay.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 22 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

The patch changes aren't actually too bad. PTS Haa-Rei was fine while questing in Morrowind, and it's not too difficult to change your builds and adapt.

I agree about the Warden costume - looks great!

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 22 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Suran!!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 22 2017, 05:33 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh so now the game starts in Morrowind? What about the Coldharbour stuff?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 22 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 22 2017, 11:33 AM) *

Oh so now the game starts in Morrowind? What about the Coldharbour stuff?

By starting in Morrowind, you don't "officially" become Soul Shriven until you set foot on the mainland and take the quest--kickstarting the beginning in Coldharbour without the tutorial bits. The game still functions as if you were though, lmao. I didn't get to see it myself, but apparently they put the intro cutscene back into the game that was removed with Tamriel Unlimited. The one where you get to watch the PC get sacrificed.

Anyways, I didn't get too far into the Morrowind storyline while in Beta, but I did explore a bit. My opinion of it was between "this is great!" and "this is too empty." It was advertised that exploration would be rewarding so I expect more than what you can find in vanilla (and you can find some neat things in out of the way locations), but then again I didn't explore too thoroughly.

Also, they decided to keep the rancid female Dunmer outfits, which is even worse because practically everything else fits Morrowind's aesthetic. It isn't as bad as the concept art, but jesus are the designs jarringly out of place. who greenlit this? Why weren't they limited to the mainland, where it would make more sense (especially if you take it as an imitation of Almalexia's...outfit....) A better alternative, IMO Like I said, the male outfits are basically what's displayed there. :T

Anyways, that rant aside, I figure I can share what I'm going for with my Warden once I decide to buy the expansion.

1, 2

The name was just a placeholder (that was taken, I ultimately went with Nord in Development) I'm mostly concerned about the hair and face. I guess I can ultimately go with that but idk. I got time to work on it I guess. Personality-wise, he's supposed to be a blend of Jo'zira and Eolan (there is a very good reason for this). As for Backstory...eh, gotta work on that too.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 22 2017, 06:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 22 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Incoming screenie dump, excuse the PTS watermarks:

A familiar sight

Some great armour designs

Buoyant Armiger

Telvanni guard

Militant Ordinator

New bugs

New...birds?

Silt strider

Vivec city

Vivec interior

Telvanni towers

Telvanni interior

Telvanni furniture

Ashlanders

Ashlands

Old new friend

This post has been edited by hazmick: May 22 2017, 06:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 22 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #10

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the great screens. Not in or going to MW for a long time. Bowgirl is loving having all of Grahtwood to herself. Bowgirl is only L27 now so she has decided to pass by open dolmens rather than trying to solo them. Lol.

I don't use any Add on 'mods' so I'm loving the buff tracker you can set up now in Settings > Combat to show various buffs. Buffy is quite dependent on her chow buffs and never wants them to run out. And this will be really helpful for the healer to track all buffs/debuffs/HoTs etc.

I never played TES III and was never inspired by anything I saw in various vids of the game except the wonderful music. I'm glad to hear that has liberally been infused into things on the mainland.

One of the MW patch changes was to improve pets sometimes unsummoning when you went through various loading screens. They done good. When entering a dungeon, for example, Spike used to be gone. Now he 'resummons' himself as Buffy enters.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 22 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

Aw man. No Cephalopod helm for Telvanni guards? sad.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 22 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

Anyways, more related to the patch, but the Research Scrolls, new hireling mails and instantly logging out of your house alone are good additions.

I was going to think about my CP allocation a little for the squad but I already spent like half of them so I guess that's how it'll be. I haven't tried to adapt to changes since...after Wrothgar? Let's see if my complacency gets me anywhere this time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 22 2017, 09:25 PM
Post #13

Paladin
Group Icon

CP allocations. I just did Buffy the pet magsorc and her new numbers look fine. I wasn't too concerned about her since she doesn't rely on volatile familiar or crystal frags and uses plenty of heavy attacks. Next project will be Buffy the healing magplar. She was more heavily nerfed and I may well consider changing her skills up just a little.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post May 22 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 22 2017, 03:44 PM) *

Aw man. No Cephalopod helm for Telvanni guards? sad.gif

Not yet? I'm sure they'll find a way to profit from adding it later. nono.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 22 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

Best addition so far has to be the new songs added to the lute emote. Haa-Rei has been rocking out in the Sadrith Mora town square.

Speaking of Sadrith Mora - the Telvanni house isn't yet purchasable but it's listed as a 'notable' home so it's likely going to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaally expensive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 22 2017, 10:55 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

Datamining has been done and tbh, two of the hairs caught my eye.

This one's for maybe replicating one of my Skyrim characters in ESO now that there's a frost/healing class. (maybe...oh, hey!
I completely forgot that until recently he was my avatar here!)

This one probably for my warden, since in my mind he always had Eolan's hair and I didn't want to repeat it on another character.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 22 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #17

Paladin
Group Icon

Allocated all of magplar and magsorc's CP points and now their numbers look just fine.

Then did a daily undaunted delve with magplar and happily discovered three things:
1. The templar nerfs didn't degrade her performance that I could tell. Of course, it will take some long boss fights to reveal any new weakness in her healing/sustain.
2. With all her timed effects going on, the new buff timer display is wonderful!
3. Buried in the patch notes it says the undaunted xp gained from their daily delves was significantly increased. Yup, instead of 5 xp, she got 10 xp for her daily delve. That (100% increase) is indeed significant, as it halves the time it takes to level undaunted via those solo quests.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 23 2017, 01:46 AM
Post #18

Paladin
Group Icon

Though I wasn't too concerned about her success after the MW patch, I just took magsorc out for a solid stress test that involved a challenging quest. She did great.

My focus has really been on adjusting to the changes in gameplay and how they affect Buffy in her Bowstamsorc, Staffmagsorc and Staffmagplar variants.

I'm breathing a sigh of relief as I can now conclude all three are doing okay. smile.gif

I'm sure I'll let the theorycrafters, bugfixers and guidewriters all do their jobs before I venture into the new content as far as Vaardenfell and the warden class.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 23 2017, 04:01 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit wants to go MagWard (is this the right abbreviation?) with Brenna but dammit he also wants her to be a bad ass with pointy objects too! Is there a happy medium with this? How do templars balance wielding heavy melee weapons with their magical abilities?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 23 2017, 04:04 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 23 2017, 06:19 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 23 2017, 04:01 AM) *
How do templars balance wielding heavy melee weapons with their magical abilities?

Quite simply, they don't. Since you don't get magicka back from melee weapon attacks, using melee weapons on any magicka build is purely aesthetic. For story content that's usually fine though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:36 AM