Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind expansion discussion, Spoilerific discussion of the new Morrowind content
monkeyemoness
post Jun 7 2017, 04:01 AM
Post #41

Mouth
Group Icon

No spoilers, but I think that the Balmora questline will end up being one of my favorite parts of the Chapter. It's pretty great, and once again it served the character well. Or I should say characters. It could just be me reaching for a reason to have picked the "right' character for the Chapter, though, like with Orsinium.

Well, it was more fitting than not. Let's just say that a certain note from a certain someone found in a library in Orsinium couldn't have been found by a better character than Eolan. And also the fact that the majority of the cameos were DC based, given that it was a (technically?) DC zone.

Anyways, considering that in the Squad's world the events of Morrowind are happening at the same time as their questing through the Alliance zones/stopping the Planemeld, I really gotta consider how Fjotreid's gonna end up meeting up with them. Hm... (Yes, even though Naryu's supposed to be in Deshaan for it. Let's just say it took quite a bit of convincing to get Hates to cooperate with the Ebonheart Pact and she ended up doing the questline pretty late. So it works out.)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jun 7 2017, 04:15 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 7 2017, 04:33 AM
Post #42

Mouth
Group Icon

I really liked the Balmora stuff too. The characters involved were all pretty interesting, and getting a choice at the end really made it feel like our character had a little bit of impact in the whole thing. I liked the Telvanni quest arc for similar reasons.

Having these smaller story arcs rather than one big story works really well IMO.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 8 2017, 02:48 AM
Post #43

Mouth
Group Icon

Totally agree. I just finished investigating for the Archcanon since I was stopping at every area to do the nearby quests (and doing some dailies while i was at it), but from what I've seen so far, the small contained story arcs worked well here just like they did in the vanilla zones.

The premise of the Telvanni quest alone sounds interesting, though. Let's see if it dethrones Balmora once I get to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 9 2017, 02:19 AM
Post #44

Mouth
Group Icon

They got Michael Gough to voice Bretons and as much as I respect his ability to add emotion and other little details to his line delivery, the man does not have a great range of voices. They're almost indistinguishable from his Nord voices he's been doing since Skyrim.

Y'know, these voices make me think of Wente Fay's from King's Quest. In fact one of the new Guild Traders he voices kinda looks like a taller version of Wente...hm....

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jun 9 2017, 02:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 11 2017, 02:47 AM
Post #45

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh my god so

I finished the Morrowind questline (talk about cockteasing the damn Daedric plot...) and a few things under some spoilers.

Elaborating on the previous mention of Balmora, and other things.

Anyways, I quite enjoyed how they repeated what they did with the vanilla zones and made smaller story arcs for all the different locations.

On that note, last night Fjotreid did not have A Great Time while questing in Azura's Coast. He was forced to do all sorts of nasty things while working around the Telvanni. Luckily he had a Counterfit Pardon Edict and an invisibility potion to help him out.

Words about the main Telvanni questline

I really, really love these characters. It might not be possible, but I hope Veya and Sun-in-Shadows show up again (Most likely'll see Eoki, though, especially since he was in the tutorial).

Then there's the ghost-hunting group. Once again, Fjotreid may not have gotten the best outcome.

Anyways, I'm glad I found the expansion at a discount, cause otherwise I would have missed out on this for a while. Although I've been starved for story content for so long I'm just really, really happy we got something a little more substantial. On the whole the Gold Coast was not the best DLC, the DB questline included.

I still have a lot of things to do, which is great. Fjotreid's still at level 21, though, so this is fine.

One more spoilerific thing before I end this (it involves the Chapter, specifically the Vos questline, and TES III)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jun 11 2017, 02:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 11 2017, 02:56 AM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

I know what you mean about the choices. Haa-Rei is still not sure if he did The Right Thing with regards to some of them (the ghostbusters especially), but I kind of like that. It'd be boring if the endings were too clean and clear cut.

I thought the Telvanni stuff, both Mistress Dratha and Sun-In-Shadow, was really interesting. Very much enjoyed that, even though I should hate House Telvanni.

I feel like the end of the Vivce arc (is that supposed to be the main one? idk) felt a bit too open. All the DLC zones leave a little room for future content, but the Clockwork City stuff here feels a little too overt imo.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 12 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #47

Mouth
Group Icon

Regarding the quest choices, yeah, it's another thing that I really liked and wondered about. Unlike other quest in the past, it seems that the different outcomes don't really affect anything past the story part.

This time around, some quest givers made it seem like the reward would have been different depending on your performance. I remember certain quests in Wrothgar also had this condition, but I never learned whether or not it made a difference, because MMO. Regardless, Fjotreid also took lesser rewards for decisions he felt were best. Always love that choice, tbh, and I always suppress my recently developed completionist/max reward junkie tendencies for it.
(See: the Mages Guild questline, which is one example I'm 100% sure works in the way I described)

The only hatred I felt for House Telvanni was on behalf of the characters. Maybe I get too easily invested into things and characters, but then that's what makes TES great for me.

Now that the Clockwork City is on the horizon, maybe it'll all be tied together.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jun 12 2017, 09:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 12 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ May 31 2017, 01:53 PM) *

I must be a real cheapskate. I haven't bought the expansion yet. I really want it, I'm sure it is going to worth the money, and I think the game has earned my support, but I have to be careful how much I spend right now. I could afford the game, but with grad school coming up I just have to be wary about any purchases I make. I've had to spend a bunch of money on stuff lately too.

I probably could afford to buy the expansion, but I'm going to hold off for now. I definitely plan to get it in the near future though. It's going to be awesome seeing those familiar sights and faces again. Well, except for Vivec. [censored] that guy. Pretty cool that Divayth Fyr is in the game though.

I looked for Divayth Fyr the first time I went there on the PTS, then walked right by him - didn't recognize him from the 1000 year old mer we meet in the original Morrowind, lol.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 31 2017, 11:55 PM) *

Anyways, it seems that Morrowind is currently selling for 18% off on quite a few of the game retail websites on Zenimax's "official" list. Question is, do I go for it or wait to see if it drops any more? The thing officially goes live next week so idk. Apparently I got till release to decide if GamersGate's countdown clock is any indication.

EDIT; Welp, I got it. Still gonna wait a bit to start, tho

WOO HOO!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 18 2017, 04:41 AM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

If anyone picks up either the bow or belt from the Defiler set, I'd be glad to take it off your hands.

The Ashlander dailies just keep spitting jewellery at me, and it's difficult to grind the Vvardenfell WBs since you need a decent group to help you out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 18 2017, 07:05 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 17 2017, 11:41 PM) *

If anyone picks up either the bow or belt from the Defiler set, I'd be glad to take it off your hands.

The Ashlander dailies just keep spitting jewellery at me, and it's difficult to grind the Vvardenfell WBs since you need a decent group to help you out.

I've been overloaded with Defiler/Warrior Poet/War Maiden stuff; (mostly Prosperous and Training traits, unfortunately; so most of it has been ground up).

I got most of it farming those two group dungeons (for my 6th house robe and hopefully a Dwemer geo-pet!!!) and in treasure chests and/or killing random enemies in my travels (even mudcrabs seem to drop armor for some odd reason!).

I'll start holding any Bows or Belts I get for you; is there any particular traits you want?

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 18 2017, 07:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 18 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 18 2017, 01:05 PM) *

6th house robe

6th house robe you say?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 18 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 18 2017, 02:41 PM) *

6th house robe

6th house robe you say?

Yes, it is a fragmented robe that you find the (7 pieces) of by killing mobs in the "Forgotten Wastes" public dungeon. I farmed the dungeon 3 times and found 6 pieces of it - bought the 7th because I couldn't wait any longer, lol.

The other public dungeon (the Dwemer one in the lower middle of the map) has 7 pieces of the geo-pet. When you get all 7 pieces (of either robe or geo-pet) , you activate (any one of the 7 pieces) and they form a "Runebox" of that item in your inventory. When you open the "Runebox" the robe or pet goes into your collections so all your characters can use them.

Britta will wear it to the next Guild meeting, she has been wearing it since I got that last piece! I love it, and the pet is adorable! (so really trying to get it too). I may end up buying the one piece I need for it if I can't wait anymore and get tired of farming those dungeons, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 18 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #53

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 17 2017, 10:41 PM) *

From my experience, set gear drops from the Temple dailies, at least the Warrior Poet and War Maiden ones do.

For the time being most of what I get is low leveled stuff, but if I come across any myself when the Squad pops into Vvardenfell for one reason or another, I'll hang onto them.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 18 2017, 01:41 PM) *

6th house robe you say?

You get it from the...[something] Wastes Public Dungeon. Gotta find all 7 different pieces, though. I think I'm up to 5 of 7 now, unlike the Theodolite Pet which I've found 3 different parts and several identical ones after like 6 drops. :T It's the new grind, but surprisingly less annoying since you can get it off mobs. (I even got 2 Sixth House pieces from one mob!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 18 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 18 2017, 02:46 PM) *

6th house robe

6th house robe you say?

Yes, it is a fragmented robe that you find the (7 pieces) of by killing mobs in the "Forgotten Wastes" public dungeon. I farmed the dungeon 3 times and found 6 pieces of it - bought the 7th because I couldn't wait any longer, lol.

The other public dungeon (the Dwemer one in the lower middle of the map) has 7 pieces of the geo-pet. When you get all 7 pieces (of either robe or geo-pet) , you activate (any one of the 7 pieces) and they form a "Runebox" of that item in your inventory. When you open the "Runebox" the robe or pet goes into your collections so all your characters can use them.

Britta will wear it to the next Guild meeting, she has been wearing it since I got that last piece! I love it, and the pet is adorable! (so really trying to get it too). I may end up buying the one piece I need for it if I can't wait anymore and get tired of farming those dungeons, lol.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 18 2017, 02:47 PM) *

6th house robe you say?

You get it from the...[something] Wastes Public Dungeon. Gotta find all 7 different pieces, though. I think I'm up to 5 of 7 now, unlike the Theodolite Pet which I've found 3 different parts and several identical ones after like 6 drops. :T It's the new grind, but surprisingly less annoying since you can get it off mobs. (I even got 2 Sixth House pieces from one mob!)

Khajiit can has a pic?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 18 2017, 09:21 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 18 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 18 2017, 02:05 PM) *

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 17 2017, 11:41 PM) *

I've been overloaded with Defiler/Warrior Poet/War Maiden stuff; (mostly Prosperous and Training traits, unfortunately; so most of it has been ground up).

I got most of it farming those two group dungeons (for my 6th house robe and hopefully a Dwemer geo-pet!!!) and in treasure chests and/or killing random enemies in my travels (even mudcrabs seem to drop armor for some odd reason!).

I'll start holding any Bows or Belts I get for you; is there any particular traits you want?

Oh, and what level?

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 18 2017, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 18 2017, 02:46 PM) *

6th house robe

6th house robe you say?

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 18 2017, 02:47 PM) *

6th house robe you say?

Khajiit can has a pic?

http://imgur.com/a/jYeIx

There is a chair blocking the view of the skirt, but it does have your fave color top!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 18 2017, 09:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 18 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 18 2017, 03:29 PM) *

There is a chair blocking the view of the skirt, but it does have your fave color top!

Yeah it does! Pretty good looking robe.

Also...
Skeley getting loaded, har!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 18 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 18 2017, 04:38 PM) *

Also...

I love the robe, it is really good looking in both the male and female versions! (and shapely, not a "sack!") Britta hasn't taken it off since she got it!

When you go into the "Forgotten Wastes," check out the mobs, you will see some of them wearing it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 18 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 18 2017, 04:20 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 18 2017, 04:38 PM) *

Also...

I love the robe, it is really good looking in both the male and female versions! (and shapely, not a "sack!") Britta hasn't taken it off since she got it!

When you go into the "Forgotten Wastes," check out the mobs, you will see some of them wearing it!

Khajiit will be sure to notice whenever Mira (most likely to be the first to explore Vvardenfell in earnest) visits there.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jul 7 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #59

Mouth
Group Icon

Two things I want to say:

1) It boggles my mind how people actually have thought this expansion was a remaster of TESIII, and some even think they were lied to. Seriously, how was it not obvious this was something totally different?

2) I'm curious: how much of the expansion deals with Vivec's quests? Because there is no way in hell that I want my main character to ever help that d-bag. But I would love for Cincinnatus to explore Balmora, Ald'ruhn, and all those other familiar places at some point.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 7 2017, 03:37 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jul 7 2017, 08:55 AM) *

Two things I want to say:

1) It boggles my mind how people actually have thought this expansion was a remaster of TESIII, and some even think they were lied to. Seriously, how was it not obvious this was something totally different?

2) I'm curious: how much of the expansion deals with Vivec's quests? Because there is no way in hell that I want my main character to ever help that d-bag. But I would love for Cincinnatus to explore Balmora, Ald'ruhn, and all those other familiar places at some point.

1) People are ridiculous.
2) Khajiit is not sure.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:24 AM