Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind expansion discussion, Spoilerific discussion of the new Morrowind content
hazmick
post Jul 7 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #61

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jul 7 2017, 02:55 PM) *

2) I'm curious: how much of the expansion deals with Vivec's quests? Because there is no way in hell that I want my main character to ever help that d-bag. But I would love for Cincinnatus to explore Balmora, Ald'ruhn, and all those other familiar places at some point.

It's sort of the 'main questline' of the expansion, but you can certainly just ignore it and do other stuff. It's not significantly longer or more rewarding than any of the other story arcs on Vvardenfell.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 7 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jul 7 2017, 09:55 AM) *

Two things I want to say:

1) It boggles my mind how people actually have thought this expansion was a remaster of TESIII, and some even think they were lied to. Seriously, how was it not obvious this was something totally different?

2) I'm curious: how much of the expansion deals with Vivec's quests? Because there is no way in hell that I want my main character to ever help that d-bag. But I would love for Cincinnatus to explore Balmora, Ald'ruhn, and all those other familiar places at some point.

They did an awesome job of making it look like the original = I actually recognized Balmora, Seyda Neen, and Vivec City on sight! But ... being as it takes place Eras earlier than Morrowind's storyline, it couldn't possibly be a remake of it; because other than Vivec and Divayth Fyr (and Ma'iq), those people wouldn't have been born yet! laugh.gif

What Hazmick said is true, the main questline is actually ridiculously short, and the rewards hardly worth it except = 1 skill point. There are other quests that reward with skill points in the expansion; so you can always forego that one if you want.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 7 2017, 05:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 12 2017, 12:55 AM
Post #63

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m scratching my head over how to get Lleduri to Vvardenfell other than the Wayshrine. From what I can tell, the intro quest with Azura doesn’t nudge you in that direction. No continuing quest, not even a suggestion that you can take a certain boat to a Vvardenfell port. Did I miss something?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 12 2017, 01:02 AM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 11 2017, 07:55 PM) *

I’m scratching my head over how to get Lleduri to Vvardenfell other than the Wayshrine. From what I can tell, the intro quest with Azura doesn’t nudge you in that direction. No continuing quest, not even a suggestion that you can take a certain boat to a Vvardenfell port. Did I miss something?

It might be a note you get from the Crown Store like with the Jubilee Festival? I think that is what I got for my existing characters. If not, travel to one of the starter zones (Davon's Watch, Vulkhel Guard, or Glenumbra) = go to the docks and search for the boat that should be nearest the Jubilee Festival stand. (flour and honey place) Taking that boat should start the quest for you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 12 2017, 01:20 AM
Post #65

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 11 2017, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 11 2017, 07:55 PM) *

It might be a note you get from the Crown Store like with the Jubilee Festival? I think that is what I got for my existing characters. If not, travel to one of the starter zones (Davon's Watch, Vulkhel Guard, or Glenumbra) = go to the docks and search for the boat that should be nearest the Jubilee Festival stand. (flour and honey place) Taking that boat should start the quest for you.

Khajiit was thinking that he saw something related to this in the crown store also. He may be misremembering though.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 12 2017, 01:28 AM
Post #66

Councilor
Group Icon

It's Captain Jenassa! Lleduri found her in Vulkhel Guard, but I know Jerric has seen her somewhere else as well. Whew. I love the experience of stepping off the boat in Seyda Neen, it would be a shame if they only gave that to new characters.

You get the intro quest from a guy you see all over the place who points you to Rhea in Wayrest, but that quest just ends. It's sort of a prelude but not connected.

Thank you!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 12 2017, 01:45 AM
Post #67

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jul 11 2017, 08:28 PM) *

It's Captain Jenassa! Lleduri found her in Vulkhel Guard, but I know Jerric has seen her somewhere else as well. Whew. I love the experience of stepping off the boat in Seyda Neen, it would be a shame if they only gave that to new characters.

You get the intro quest from a guy you see all over the place who points you to Rhea in Wayrest, but that quest just ends. It's sort of a prelude but not connected.

Thank you!!

Stepping off that boat in Seyda Neen = like old times! (Er...future old times, lol).

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 12 2017, 01:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 12 2017, 06:17 AM
Post #68

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 11 2017, 07:45 PM) *

Thank you!!

Stepping off that boat in Seyda Neen = like old times! (Er...future old times, lol).

*In imperious tone* "Get yourself up on deck and let's keep this as civil as possible... On deck now prisoner!"

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 12 2017, 08:32 AM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 12 2017, 01:17 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 11 2017, 07:45 PM) *

Thank you!!

*In imperious tone* "Get yourself up on deck and let's keep this as civil as possible... On deck now prisoner!"

I've never forgotten that beginning in that boat!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 12 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 12 2017, 02:32 AM) *

I've never forgotten that beginning in that boat!

The Redguard was much nicer than the Imperials!
This is where they want you. Head down to the docks and they'll show you to the census office.
laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Sep 21 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #71

Master
Group Icon

I have the Morrowind DLC on my PS4 I hope they patch some stuff cause it felt really empty and condensed. However I did download the original TES III: Morrowind on my laptop.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 19 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #72

Councilor
Group Icon

Since I can't use the PTS until they fix the multi-GPU issue, the furnishing of Sleek Creek is on hold. I really wanted to test out some construction before committing much.

So instead, Minx did a bit more questing on Vvardenfell, and went to Ald'ruhn for the first time. While Seyda Neen was so true to the original, Balmora was also, and Vivec City was not too scaled down, I felt that Skar was a real disappointment in ESO. Now, the TES III one was a bit of a Tardis, with some of the individual family homes being larger than the outside, so it's not going to be a fair comparison inside. But "I've fought mudcrabs fiercer than you" was never more true.

Now we're wondering if Hleran Tomb runs are viable. Dreloth was giving us all duplicate stuff, so Minx needs a change of scenery. However, Hleran is a bit harder to reach.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:43 AM