Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's Show Off our Builds!, And no, Jerric, it's not a pickup line . . .
haute ecole rider
post Jul 15 2017, 05:37 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

So on my first official guild outing with mALX, Acadian, and Grits (Britta, Buffy and Jerric), we got to discussing builds and classes. mALX's Britta and my Maz are both DK's, but mALX kept insisting Maz has serious DPS skills. I got to wondering how our skills came to be so different, and thought we would post our builds and stats.

I found this really cool add-on (My Build) which lets me see all my character info on one screen. So here's a screenshot of Maz's build as of a month ago.

Maz's Build June 2017

I hope this gets everyone posting their builds and comparing notes!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 15 2017, 05:44 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Ooh yeah Khajiit will definitely be putting Mira's info on here as Khajiit doesn't really know what to do with her. She is basically a stam sword n'board DK, but she uses none of the class specific abilities because they don't seem to fit her character (she's meant to be a typical sword and shield warrior and really none of the stam morphs for the DK skills fit her so this one has avoided putting points into any of them). She is also our crew's gear crafter so she's sunk a lot of points into crafting.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 15 2017, 05:45 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 15 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Aha, I see the secret of your whopping DPS yesterday! High Stam, enormous crit and spell penetration; and that Seventh Legion (Brute) Armor proc'ing would put your damage through the roof! Awesome!!

I have an Add-on that is supposed to take a screenshot of her stats like that, let me figure out how to use it and I'll post Britta's and Misa's!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 15 2017, 04:07 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh Haute - the skeleton at the Guild Hall gives you a report of your DPS done (look in the chat box after combat has ended = when he turns yellow again or dies - the report shows up in your chat box). If you ever test combat on it; I would love to hear what Maz puts out in DPS, I'll bet it is extremely high!

Britta puts out just at 2000 in her tanking gear. In her DPS gear she puts out between 5000-6000. Misa puts out appx. 7000. I would say that Maz is putting out at least more than double that; probably more than triple that when that armor procs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 15 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

I don't have the addon, so here's Haa-Rei's character sheet.

For equipment he's wearing a full set of Hunding's Rage and a full set of Defiler's. The hundings pieces all have health enchantments (except the bow which is nirnhoned) while the defilers all have stam. His back-up weapon is a sword, which is purely aesthetic since it's on his buff bar.

For food Haa-Rei uses the Sticky Pork and Radish Noodles

For champion points:

Tower: Siphoner 30, Warlord 3
Lover: Mooncalf 50, Healthy 43
Atronach: Physical Weapon Expert 50
Ritual: Mighty 43, Thaumaturge 33
Steed: Spell Shield 25, Medium Armour Focus 25
Lady: Hardy 25, Elemental Defender 25
Lord: Expert Defender 27

Skills:
Bow bar: Endless Hail, Lethal Arrow, Venom Arrow, Dark Conversion, Unstable Clannfear, Toxic Barrage (ult).
Buff bar: Immovable, Critical Surge, Hurricane, Unstable Clannfear, Sanguine Altar, Greater Storm Atronach (ult).

This post has been edited by hazmick: Jul 15 2017, 04:19 PM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 15 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #6

Paladin
Group Icon

Very cool! And great idea for a thread, Rider! I'll work on something for Buffy's twin builds (magplar and magsorc) to put up.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 16 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 15 2017, 08:39 AM) *

Aha, I see the secret of your whopping DPS yesterday! High Stam, enormous crit and spell penetration; and that Seventh Legion (Brute) Armor proc'ing would put your damage through the roof! Awesome!!

I have an Add-on that is supposed to take a screenshot of her stats like that, let me figure out how to use it and I'll post Britta's and Misa's!

Actually Maz was wearing a different armor set when you played with her the other night - she is trying out a combo of Warrior Poet and Undaunted Bastion because both of us feel her biggest weakness is she keeps dying - if she doesn't move fast enough she is easily one-shotted right out of the fight. So we have been evaluating dropped sets for both physical and magical resistance, because she is especially vulnerable to mage attacks.

So I will have to take a new screenshot of her current armor build and compare it to the Seventh Legion set . . . I'm not yet convinced the DPS is as high, but if feels like she is staying alive to keep dealing it out longer . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 16 2017, 06:33 PM
Post #8

Paladin
Group Icon

~ Buffy ~

Buffy manifests in ESO as both a templar and a sorceress. It seems that is what it takes to fully capture the little elf’s complex nature. In both forms, her appearance is the same, she puts all attribute points into magicka, maintains a continuous food boost to both magicka and health, wears light armor and wields dual staves.

She also labors under a couple limitations. Firstly, she is Bosmer so will always suffer from a slightly lower magicka pool than an Altmer or Breton. This is the price Buffy pays to be the smallest healer and smallest mage on the battlefield. Secondly, though she loves dungeon crawling, she refuses to repetitively ‘farm’ dungeons for gear. So her gear is carefully chosen from only crafted or overland dropped sets that nicely suit the class she is actively playing.

More on each of her two ‘builds’ –

Templar

The ‘mission’ of Buffy as templar is to be a healer who is capable of comfortably completing any content designed for solo play. Happily, the same robust magicka pool that supports strong heals also supports solid magicka dps. The selection of damage spells she slots are carefully chosen to generally provide team healing/support while also providing some damage. While most of her support abilities are inherent to the templar class, others require her to use a restoration staff on one bar and a destruction staff on the other bar. Happily, the same healing that helps others also helps Buffy in such a way that self-healing is her primary defense, augmented by selective blocking.

She wears Seducers (for sustain) and Robes of the Hist (to stay on her feet and auto heal when disabled).
Though she has many more skills than she can slot at one time fully developed and ready for use, this is how her bars most often look:
Bar 1 (Sharpened lightning staff): Elemental Drain, Blazing Spear, Reflective Light, Purify, Puncturing Sweep. Ult = Thunderous Rage.
Bar 2 (Powered resto staff): Extended Ritual, Rapid Regeneration, Healing Springs, Breath of Life, Radiant Glory. Ult = Nova.

Her ‘rotation’ is quite reactive to those she is supporting and can include frequent bar swaps.

Character sheet screenshot of stats. Of note is her high magicka regen. This is to enhance her ‘up time’ of continuous support by reducing her use of time-consuming heavy attacks to regenerate magicka.

Sorceress

The ‘mission’ of Buffy as sorceress is to be a self-contained team that includes plenty of damage (Buffy), a solid tank (Spike her clannfear) and a strong healer (Drusilla her winged matriarch).

In addition to delivering plenty of lightning damage, Buffy busily wards both herself and her pets with a strong magical shield as she directs the efforts of her tank and healer. Her defense is Spike, augmented by her magical shield and mobility, which includes dodge-rolling.

She wears Law of Julianos (all good magic stuff) and Necropotence (loads of pure magicka).
Bar 1 (Sharpened lightning staff): Liquid Lightning, Empowered Ward, Clannfear, Twilight Matriarch. Ult = Thunderous Rage.
Bar 2 (Sharpened lightning staff): Power Surge, Elemental Drain, Crystal Blast, Clannfear, Twilight Matriarch. Ult = Thunderous Rage.

Her ‘rotation’ is pretty simple. Prep the fight from her back bar, then switch to her front bar to keep her area over time damage spells and shield active, punctuated by two heavy attacks. Use the matriarch to heal the clannfear as required. Refresh the back bar stuff every half minute or so.

She is a bit specialized – even somewhat limited – as a solo adventuress with a flair for world boss killing. Though her clannfear is a magnificent tank, bosses are easily distracted from him when other players show up. If other player(s) can hold the boss in place they are a help. If they cannot, they are a hindrance, as they simply pull the boss off Buffy’s clannfear which can result in a very dangerous rogue world boss chasing random players (including the no-melee Buffy).

Character sheet screenshot of stats. Of note is her large (for a Bosmer) magicka pool and high critical%. Both contribute to her objective of high dps, while the high crit% also gives her a strong and continuous self heal via her Power Surge aura.

Summary

One thing that both mystifies and gratifies me is that as either class she very much feels like Buffy. The templar highlights her nurturing nature and the noble influence of her internal paladin. The sorceress exemplifies her traditional role as a no-melee glass cannon who relies on summoned help. I had expected to become easily confused switching between the two playstyles but, happily, such is not the case. I’m delighted to report that my old fingers seem well-able to support Buffy’s whim to switch between the two styles as frequently as she changes outfits or hairstyles.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 16 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jul 16 2017, 01:06 PM) *

Actually Maz was wearing a different armor set when you played with her the other night - she is trying out a combo of Warrior Poet and Undaunted Bastion because both of us feel her biggest weakness is she keeps dying - if she doesn't move fast enough she is easily one-shotted right out of the fight. So we have been evaluating dropped sets for both physical and magical resistance, because she is especially vulnerable to mage attacks.

So I will have to take a new screenshot of her current armor build and compare it to the Seventh Legion set . . . I'm not yet convinced the DPS is as high, but if feels like she is staying alive to keep dealing it out longer . . .

It must be doing really good for her, because she didn't die once while we were out! I've been trying to gather both Warrior Poet and Undaunted Bastion hoping one day to have a good set of both of them. So far I don't have enough pieces to try either set; verysad.gif

Britta is wearing a combo of Armor Master and Song of Lamae because that is something I could craft myself (and add the Nirnhoned trait to; adding a whopping amount of defense):

Armor Master:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife....rmor+Master+Set

Song of Lamae:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife....ng+of+Lamae+Set

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jul 15 2017, 11:10 AM) *

I don't have the addon, so here's Haa-Rei's character sheet.

For equipment he's wearing a full set of Hunding's Rage and a full set of Defiler's. The hundings pieces all have health enchantments (except the bow which is nirnhoned) while the defilers all have stam. His back-up weapon is a sword, which is purely aesthetic since it's on his buff bar.

For food Haa-Rei uses the Sticky Pork and Radish Noodles

For champion points:

Tower: Siphoner 30, Warlord 3
Lover: Mooncalf 50, Healthy 43
Atronach: Physical Weapon Expert 50
Ritual: Mighty 43, Thaumaturge 33
Steed: Spell Shield 25, Medium Armour Focus 25
Lady: Hardy 25, Elemental Defender 25
Lord: Expert Defender 27

Skills:
Bow bar: Endless Hail, Lethal Arrow, Venom Arrow, Dark Conversion, Unstable Clannfear, Toxic Barrage (ult).
Buff bar: Immovable, Critical Surge, Hurricane, Unstable Clannfear, Sanguine Altar, Greater Storm Atronach (ult).

HOLY COW, look at your Weapon Crit !!! How in Nirn are you getting that physical and spell resistance? That is Awesome!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 16 2017, 01:33 PM) *

~ Buffy ~

Buffy manifests in ESO as both a templar and a sorceress. It seems that is what it takes to fully capture the little elf’s complex nature. In both forms, her appearance is the same, she puts all attribute points into magicka, maintains a continuous food boost to both magicka and health, wears light armor and wields dual staves.

She also labors under a couple limitations. Firstly, she is Bosmer so will always suffer from a slightly lower magicka pool than an Altmer or Breton. This is the price Buffy pays to be the smallest healer and smallest mage on the battlefield. Secondly, though she loves dungeon crawling, she refuses to repetitively ‘farm’ dungeons for gear. So her gear is carefully chosen from only crafted or overland dropped sets that nicely suit the class she is actively playing.

More on each of her two ‘builds’ –

Templar

The ‘mission’ of Buffy as templar is to be a healer who is capable of comfortably completing any content designed for solo play. Happily, the same robust magicka pool that supports strong heals also supports solid magicka dps. The selection of damage spells she slots are carefully chosen to generally provide team healing/support while also providing some damage. While most of her support abilities are inherent to the templar class, others require her to use a restoration staff on one bar and a destruction staff on the other bar. Happily, the same healing that helps others also helps Buffy in such a way that self-healing is her primary defense, augmented by selective blocking.

She wears Seducers (for sustain) and Robes of the Hist (to stay on her feet and auto heal when disabled).
Though she has many more skills than she can slot at one time fully developed and ready for use, this is how her bars most often look:
Bar 1 (Sharpened lightning staff): Elemental Drain, Blazing Spear, Reflective Light, Purify, Puncturing Sweep. Ult = Thunderous Rage.
Bar 2 (Powered resto staff): Extended Ritual, Rapid Regeneration, Healing Springs, Breath of Life, Radiant Glory. Ult = Nova.

Her ‘rotation’ is quite reactive to those she is supporting and can include frequent bar swaps.

Character sheet screenshot of stats. Of note is her high magicka regen. This is to enhance her ‘up time’ of continuous support by reducing her use of time-consuming heavy attacks to regenerate magicka.

Sorceress

The ‘mission’ of Buffy as sorceress is to be a self-contained team that includes plenty of damage (Buffy), a solid tank (Spike her clannfear) and a strong healer (Drusilla her winged matriarch).

In addition to delivering plenty of lightning damage, Buffy busily wards both herself and her pets with a strong magical shield as she directs the efforts of her tank and healer. Her defense is Spike, augmented by her magical shield and mobility, which includes dodge-rolling.

She wears Law of Julianos (all good magic stuff) and Necropotence (loads of pure magicka).
Bar 1 (Sharpened lightning staff): Liquid Lightning, Empowered Ward, Clannfear, Twilight Matriarch. Ult = Thunderous Rage.
Bar 2 (Sharpened lightning staff): Power Surge, Elemental Drain, Crystal Blast, Clannfear, Twilight Matriarch. Ult = Thunderous Rage.

Her ‘rotation’ is pretty simple. Prep the fight from her back bar, then switch to her front bar to keep her area over time damage spells and shield active, punctuated by two heavy attacks. Use the matriarch to heal the clannfear as required. Refresh the back bar stuff every half minute or so.

She is a bit specialized – even somewhat limited – as a solo adventuress with a flair for world boss killing. Though her clannfear is a magnificent tank, bosses are easily distracted from him when other players show up. If other player(s) can hold the boss in place they are a help. If they cannot, they are a hindrance, as they simply pull the boss off Buffy’s clannfear which can result in a very dangerous rogue world boss chasing random players (including the no-melee Buffy).

Character sheet screenshot of stats. Of note is her large (for a Bosmer) magicka pool and high critical%. Both contribute to her objective of high dps, while the high crit% also gives her a strong and continuous self heal via her Power Surge aura.

Summary

One thing that both mystifies and gratifies me is that as either class she very much feels like Buffy. The templar highlights her nurturing nature and the noble influence of her internal paladin. The sorceress exemplifies her traditional role as a no-melee glass cannon who relies on summoned help. I had expected to become easily confused switching between the two playstyles but, happily, such is not the case. I’m delighted to report that my old fingers seem well-able to support Buffy’s whim to switch between the two styles as frequently as she changes outfits or hairstyles.

HOLY COW! Sorc Buffy's Spell Crit and Spell Dam !!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 16 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

Okay, here are Britta's two builds (same character, change of armor) - the first is her DPS build, the second is her Tanking build. She uses the "Dressing Room" add-on to flip between builds in seconds.

Britta's Stats:

DPS, then Tank:

http://imgur.com/a/EBMXf

And here is Misa's build:

Misa's Stats:

http://imgur.com/a/GlNfB

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 16 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #11

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's been a healer/sidekick for Britta the tank several times recently and she is a magnificent tank! And a 'real' tank makes such a massive difference. I'm still in awe of how much health Britta has when she's fully tanked up. ohmy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jul 17 2017, 12:01 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2017, 12:55 PM) *

It must be doing really good for her, because she didn't die once while we were out! I've been trying to gather both Warrior Poet and Undaunted Bastion hoping one day to have a good set of both of them. So far I don't have enough pieces to try either set; verysad.gif

Well, so far Maz is quite pleased with the Warrior Poet. She would very much like to get two more pieces (helm and girdle) to get the Tough proc. The Undaunted Bastion proc is not something she is too interested in, but she would like to get purple Undaunted Bastion jewelry so she can get the physical and spell resistance both.

Maybe mALX and I can farm Elden Hollow for the Undaunted Bastion pieces? Be sure if any of my toons pick up any more Bastion pieces that Maz doesn't need, we'll send them on to mALX for Britta!

Anyway, here is the current armor set Maz is wearing . . . we haven't yet brought anything up to Legendary because we want to be sure this is worth those expensive gold tempers!

Maz July 2017 - Warrior Poet and Undaunted Bastion

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 18 2017, 04:52 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Jul 16 2017, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 16 2017, 12:55 PM) *

Well, so far Maz is quite pleased with the Warrior Poet. She would very much like to get two more pieces (helm and girdle) to get the Tough proc. The Undaunted Bastion proc is not something she is too interested in, but she would like to get purple Undaunted Bastion jewelry so she can get the physical and spell resistance both.

Maybe mALX and I can farm Elden Hollow for the Undaunted Bastion pieces? Be sure if any of my toons pick up any more Bastion pieces that Maz doesn't need, we'll send them on to mALX for Britta!

Anyway, here is the current armor set Maz is wearing . . . we haven't yet brought anything up to Legendary because we want to be sure this is worth those expensive gold tempers!

Maz July 2017 - Warrior Poet and Undaunted Bastion

Bold: Gaaaah, just the two of us? Isn't that a four man veteran dungeon? laugh.gif

I want to compare your two sheets when my eyes aren't burning holes in my sockets - spent all night last night doing Writs, lol. But I will say this: WOW, look how much your Health bar went up with the armor change!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 18 2017, 04:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 14 2019, 02:43 AM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Since I posted her in another thread, I should revive this one, and post a few more, too.

Blossom

Other than the helm to match her shoulders, I'm not sure what to adjust next. Maybe re-arrange her CP for more critical, and less penetration.

All my characters need their Undaunted sets, and currently use crafted and overland sets.

Laurie Craft

She also has a set of purple Ebon Armory, but doesn't like the constant swirling lights.

Bo Dacius Sentinel's is the Spriggan's set bow.

Cat Man Dhou

Floozie De Fault

Minx of Morrowind

I need to get more recent versions for Unna, Spreads, and Taminwe. as we've changed a few items since I last did a screenshot.
And here are the others

Unna

Taminwe

Wizwen

Spreads

Suggestions on what to upgrade next are welcome. We have a few other dungeon set pieces in storage - some Leviathan, for example, but haven't put any effort into collecting yet. The exception was the Ebon Armory set already mentioned.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Aug 27 2019, 02:33 AM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 29 2020, 06:48 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Folks, my new favorite thing is the uesp ESO Build Editor. If you make an account you can save your builds. The you can try out new stuff in the editor and see how it looks on paper. You can also share a link if you want someone to take a look at it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:53 AM