3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you wearing?, A Discussion of Outfits, Costumes, and Styles
Grits
post Mar 7 2018, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I already lost track of where people posted their outfits and what was underneath, so here’s a spot that will be easy to find again. Feel free to re-post here if you put some pics up in the other threads.

Lildereth finally got around to creating her outfit. As expected it’s the low-level Bosmer stuff she has been missing since level 16. She’s wearing hand-me-down leveling armor underneath, which she likes. It’s just more Elke’s taste than hers. Lil will go shoulders-less the instant that option becomes available!

Lil Outfit

Lil Underneath

Templar Jerric also went back to the early levels. Here’s his outfit reposted. (The hair and beard are throwbacks to an earlier time, too.) Underneath he is in an Ebony robe which was meant for Darnand one day. When the time comes, Darnand may opt for (clean) new gear with an Ebony outfit on top, though.

Jerric Outfit

Jerric Underneath

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 7 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Beautiful job, Grits, and the outfits you've crafted suit Lil and Jerric to a tee! Not surprisingly, if Buffy were to create a full outfit it would look remarkably like Lil's. Happily, she enjoys the low level Bosmer costume that is very similar (but with no shoulders, lol).

Hopefully a future update to the outfit system will allow the option to hide any piece. Helmets is a no brainer, shirtless Jerric (woohoo!), Khajiits with bared hand/feet claws, even little elves with mid thigh tunics and no pants. And, of course, no shoulder flappers.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 7 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Ooh this thread is a good idea! Perhaps we should also include descriptions of the armor too. You know, what sets the armor is, style, traits, and jewelry.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 9 2018, 11:40 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

I love how everyone seems to agree that the vanilla armors' best styles are the lower-level ones. Been waiting for the Outfit feature for a long time and I'm glad it's here.

Anyways, may as well throw mine in. I went ahead and finalized Eolan's outfit:

Clockwork City/Summerset Chapter Outfit
Weapons Too

Most of it is heavy Ebony, save for the helmet (medium Ebony), the pauldrons (medium Hlaalu), and the gauntlets (heavy Orc 4). Weapons are both Ebony (greatsword not pictued) with the shield being Trinimac, mostly because I didn't realize the Ebony shield was so...dinky....so I quickly looked for a replacement. Might swap that one out for something that goes together more.

Also, what's underneath that, because it cost more to craft the entire armor without getting the styles right, and what's under that, which is what he wears 90% of the time because Eolan doesn't do much adventuring these days: I think the set was Hist Bark/Song of Lamae/Endurance/Agility

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 10 2018, 03:47 AM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 9 2018, 04:40 PM) *

I love how everyone seems to agree that the vanilla armors' best styles are the lower-level ones. Been waiting for the Outfit feature for a long time and I'm glad it's here.

Anyways, may as well throw mine in. I went ahead and finalized Eolan's outfit:

Clockwork City/Summerset Chapter Outfit
Weapons Too

Most of it is heavy Ebony, save for the helmet (medium Ebony), the pauldrons (medium Hlaalu), and the gauntlets (heavy Orc 4). Weapons are both Ebony (greatsword not pictued) with the shield being Trinimac, mostly because I didn't realize the Ebony shield was so...dinky....so I quickly looked for a replacement. Might swap that one out for something that goes together more.

Also, what's underneath that, because it cost more to craft the entire armor without getting the styles right, and what's under that, which is what he wears 90% of the time because Eolan doesn't do much adventuring these days: I think the set was Hist Bark/Song of Lamae/Endurance/Agility

Eolan looks great.

As for the shield, Khajiit thinks it goes nicely with that sword. The problem is that this one has never thought that sword (and by extension, the shield that looks nice with it) suits the armor style. When Khajiit looks at that armor, it just reads as “Human” to him. When he looks at the sword, it reminds him of some of the Elvish sabres from LotR, and so those swords read as “Elven” to Khajiit.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 10 2018, 06:05 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

tbh, I always thought that something about the Ebony weapons seemed off even as far back as Skyrim. The armor is clearly Dunmer-inspired (ESO going as far as to say that, at least its variation, is a fusion of Dunmer, Nord and Daedric designs) but the weapons?

I GUESS they fit Oblivion's Elven style, but that's presumably Ayleid??? It's definitely neither Altmeri nor Dunmeri, in ANY game, so why the weapons are in this style starting from Skyrim is beyond me.

Anyways, I was actually thinking the same thing when I was snapping these screenshots. It might be Eolan's bulk, but the weapons of the Ebony style seem puny compared to the armor. It was a lot more obvious with the Shield, but I'm not feeling the whispy sword anymore.

Actually, I think I'm going to aim for Morrowind's style of Ebony for the weapons and see how that goes

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 10 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

Well the ebony swords are similar to TES3 ebony swords in color but not form. Honestly the Breton swords look a lot like ebony longswords from TES3 (in form). The armor is different in both color and form.

For your conundrum, Khajiit might suggest an Orcish sword, or maybe Ancient Elven. Also, this one thinks the Daggerfall shield would look good with this armor (it’s a big shield too).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 10 2018, 06:19 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, tbh, Morrowind's armor seems to be mostly Breton in style, but ESO's Breton weapons have a similar issue to Ebony's in that they're unusually short (instead having longer handles) while the shields are pretty hefty (and the dummied-out Shield 4 even has a metal lion face--does Emeric still use that shield?) They're broad enough, at least.

Funny that you mention Covenant, though, because I was thinking of using the swords and considered using either those shields or Mercenary. If I do go Covenant then all I really need to do is use dyes.

(Also I can't seem to decide whether I want medium or heavy Hlaalu pauldrons. The heavy ones don't dye very well but then neither do the medium ones)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 12 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 10 2018, 12:19 PM) *

Yeah, tbh, Morrowind's armor seems to be mostly Breton in style, but ESO's Breton weapons have a similar issue to Ebony's in that they're unusually short (instead having longer handles) while the shields are pretty hefty (and the dummied-out Shield 4 even has a metal lion face--does Emeric still use that shield?) They're broad enough, at least.

Funny that you mention Covenant, though, because I was thinking of using the swords and considered using either those shields or Mercenary. If I do go Covenant then all I really need to do is use dyes.

(Also I can't seem to decide whether I want medium or heavy Hlaalu pauldrons. The heavy ones don't dye very well but then neither do the medium ones)

I think those are solid choices!

What is the deal with some motifs barely taking dyes? The new-ish Dreadhorn style is like this.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 16 2018, 02:38 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Blossom's likely to check out whether she can combine a costume with an outfit. She wants to dye her axes golden, and stay with Breton level 2 visually, while actually upgrading them. I tried before, but they didn't look right with the dyes I had available. We have a much wider choice these days, so it needs re-visiting.

I let Taminwe play with dying her armour, but nothing was quite right. Black and gold came close. She's got the same issues here as Blossom, that she'd like to retain the look of her low-level equipment while moving up in reality. Bosmer Hide suits her (except the boots) but she's also thinking costume. It's a pity the Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown left the store, and you can only get the shorter version.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 27 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

The PTS reset so I recreated The Squad's Beginning in Coldharbour look.

From when I made this.

You can no longer get the clothes if you own the Morrowind chapter, and I'm 100% sure that the shirt used in the set you get fro Outfits isn't the same one from the original tutorial. They don't even have the robe version, either. What gives, ZOS????? I had to make due with a...Ra-gada???...hat for Eolan's head wrap.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 28 2018, 08:28 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

Not sure I'm sold on this yet.

Celestial comes from a time when armor was obnoxiously form-fitting, and given Jo'zira's figure it's probably something I wanna avoid. Still, I like the style, though I might play with dyes a little more. (I can't do anything about the bright red jewels, though)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Mar 28 2018, 08:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Mar 31 2018, 12:33 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 9 2018, 05:40 PM) *

Hates/Xochitl's Clockwork City and Summeset Outfit

Buoyant Armiger looks closer to the main series' Glass and generally looks better than the other stuff. The super lucky drop from the free Crown Crates is the best thing to happen tbh Never mind that the glass on this one practically glows. She can cloak. It's cool. It's fine. (Head is light Ebonshadow and shoulders is medium Assassin's League)

With that I think I got what I want. Jo'zira's probably won't get a new look any time soon unless the Summerset motifs can replace Abah's Watch. He'll probably stick to costumes, tbh.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 31 2018, 12:45 AM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Mar 28 2018, 02:28 PM) *

Not sure I'm sold on this yet.

Celestial comes from a time when armor was obnoxiously form-fitting, and given Jo'zira's figure it's probably something I wanna avoid. Still, I like the style, though I might play with dyes a little more. (I can't do anything about the bright red jewels, though)

Heh, Jo doesn’t look so sure about it either laugh.gif

Hates’ outfit looks good!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 1 2018, 03:34 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

I wanted to have a unified theme (Classic Elder Scrolls?) but for Jo'zira it doesn't seem to be working out, mostly because there isn't an armor set for him that isn't already claimed, and also because I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in terms of looks. Abah's Watch is already a nice blend of frilly and drape-y that I want for him, but he's had it for a while now.

Maybe something a little more sharp and sleek? By that I mean the new sets, not the old ones. Maybe Mercenary? idk

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Apr 1 2018, 03:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 1 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 1 2018, 09:34 AM) *

I wanted to have a unified theme (Classic Elder Scrolls?) but for Jo'zira it doesn't seem to be working out, mostly because there isn't an armor set for him that isn't already claimed, and also because I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in terms of looks. Abah's Watch is already a nice blend of frilly and drape-y that I want for him, but he's had it for a while now.

Maybe something a little more sharp and sleek? By that I mean the new sets, not the old ones. Maybe Mercenary? idk

Maybe Apostle would look good on him? Or is it too much metal?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 1 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 1 2018, 12:09 PM) *

Too much metal? Never!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Apr 1 2018, 09:30 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 1 2018, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Apr 1 2018, 12:09 PM) *

Too much metal? Never!

Where’s that head banging emoticon when you need it?! \m/

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Apr 1 2018, 09:30 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 7 2018, 08:15 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

I saw Apostle and considered it, but along with the insane price it's the metal parts that bothered me. Not because they're metal, but because it conforms to the body shape. I'm going for drape-y, not form-fitting.

Today I saw another Khajiit wearing the Celestial shirt and it did look nice. Maybe not for Jo'zira, at least the way he is now. Maybe it's time for a makeover?

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 19 2018, 03:40 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

SO SAPIARCH IS PERFECT
GONNA GRIND DAILIES TO GET IT WHEN SUMMERSET GOES LIVE TBH

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:53 AM