3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you wearing?, A Discussion of Outfits, Costumes, and Styles
ghastley
post Sep 21 2018, 05:19 PM
Post #41

Councilor
Group Icon

Now we have quite a lot of choices of outfit, the girls are constantly changing them. Minx isn't happy that a large number of the clothing items have uniboob syndrome. It seem like only the Sand-kissed Salwar Ensemble, the "Holiday in Balmora" or the Ancestral Homage Formal Gown give her two separate breasts. Laurie and Taminwe are wearing the first two, and Blossom has used the last one, so she's looking for something that's all hers.

Right now she's sporting the pirate shirt/pants and sash, and avoiding the issue. The bandolier on the other ones hides the lack of cleavage, but she's looking to do the opposite, and show some.

I find it surprising that the clothing isn't all built over the same nude body, and the covered faces then removed, but it appears they build each piece from scratch, so the exposed skin isn't consistent in shape.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Sep 21 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #42

Mouth
Group Icon

I missed out on getting the costumes from the Psijic Crown crates with gems by one day, but I still got this and it actually looks okay on her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 21 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 21 2018, 03:41 PM) *

Is that the one they are giving away this month in the login rewards?

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 21 2018, 11:19 AM) *

Now we have quite a lot of choices of outfit, the girls are constantly changing them. Minx isn't happy that a large number of the clothing items have uniboob syndrome. It seem like only the Sand-kissed Salwar Ensemble, the "Holiday in Balmora" or the Ancestral Homage Formal Gown give her two separate breasts. Laurie and Taminwe are wearing the first two, and Blossom has used the last one, so she's looking for something that's all hers.

Right now she's sporting the pirate shirt/pants and sash, and avoiding the issue. The bandolier on the other ones hides the lack of cleavage, but she's looking to do the opposite, and show some.

I find it surprising that the clothing isn't all built over the same nude body, and the covered faces then removed, but it appears they build each piece from scratch, so the exposed skin isn't consistent in shape.

Yeah the proportions on many of the outfits are weird. The Corseted Rider outfit for instance is one such outfit, of course a lot of it depends on the characters body type (it looks terrible on Mira but looks ok on Brenna).

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Sep 21 2018, 09:50 PM
Post #44

Mouth
Group Icon

On one hand it avoids the "skin-tight" issue armors and such had at launch but on the other in ends up creating more problems with the costumes. I remember there being some issues with one of the skirt outfits (Argonian?) because it warped the legs in a weird way so that they looked like they didn't really connect to the hips. They're...trying. lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 21 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 21 2018, 12:19 PM) *

If you put the Wrothgar Bear hats on one of your female characters; look at the girl's arms after donning the white one. You will notice that wearing the white bear hat gives her massive/hairy/manly looking arms instead of the cute feminine ones she had just before putting the hat on. Take the hat off and her arms go back to female. So = some of the hats change more than just the hairstyle; and some Dev didn't bother making both a male and female version of the arms.

Oh, and since they do bring out pirate outfits for such a small thing like "Talk Like a Pirate Day," Maybe you can talk them into returning their Polar Bear mount every February 27th! (Polar Bear Day). They only brought it out for a limited time, but have never brought it back since then that I know of.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 21 2018, 04:41 PM) *

That is pretty cute! But what is that behind her?

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 21 2018, 04:50 PM) *

On one hand it avoids the "skin-tight" issue armors and such had at launch but on the other in ends up creating more problems with the costumes. I remember there being some issues with one of the skirt outfits (Argonian?) because it warped the legs in a weird way so that they looked like they didn't really connect to the hips. They're...trying. lol

Remember the leg bending issue that occurred right after they released the Dwemer Spider mount? Lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 22 2018, 01:20 AM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Hey, @mALX:

2018-09-21 - Version 6.9.0

[ New Features and Changes ]

World Map
- Added the option to right-click to fast travel to any house from the World Map's "Houses" tab.
* Added a new setting that enables this feature (ON by default).

Publish Your House Nickname
- Now you can publish one of your house's nicknames for all of your guild members to see with the Tool tab's "Publish house name" button.

Please note the following:
* You may change the nickname for your house using the "Rename" button on the "Housing" tab of the "Collections" menu.
* You may only publish one house's nickname at a time.
* You must publish again if you change your house's nickname for others to see the change.
* Publishing for a different house will unpublish any previously published nickname.
* Publishing will only work for guilds that grant you access to edit your Guild Member Note.

Thought you would be interested in this new update to EHT. Yay!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 22 2018, 04:10 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 21 2018, 08:20 PM) *

Hey, @mALX:

2018-09-21 - Version 6.9.0

[ New Features and Changes ]

World Map
- Added the option to right-click to fast travel to any house from the World Map's "Houses" tab.
* Added a new setting that enables this feature (ON by default).

Publish Your House Nickname
- Now you can publish one of your house's nicknames for all of your guild members to see with the Tool tab's "Publish house name" button.

Please note the following:
* You may change the nickname for your house using the "Rename" button on the "Housing" tab of the "Collections" menu.
* You may only publish one house's nickname at a time.
* You must publish again if you change your house's nickname for others to see the change.
* Publishing for a different house will unpublish any previously published nickname.
* Publishing will only work for guilds that grant you access to edit your Guild Member Note.

Thought you would be interested in this new update to EHT. Yay!

WOO HOO! I would like all our guild to see the "Chorrolites Guild" sign when they enter; it is really nice to see! Er, will they need to download the mod to see it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 22 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

yes, I believe so . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 23 2018, 01:30 AM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 22 2018, 06:20 PM) *

yes, I believe so . . .

Oh, okay. Well, you will be able to see it at least, lol. (as soon as I do that "publish" thing).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 14 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm taking every opportunity I find to suggest to ZOS on their forums that separate pieces of costume might be a popular thing if they became part of the outfit system.

What I'm aiming for is something like this, using a mix of armour parts and costume parts. I had to photoshop it, but I want to do it in the game.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jan 21 2019, 03:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 9 2019, 01:48 AM
Post #51

Mouth
Group Icon

Fjotreid's wearing Fang Lair

I was gonna go with Scalecaller for the Dragon Priest look because he's going to Elsweyr when it's launced, but it's also really hot so I went with that instead. Less stuffy. Also I could probably swap out the helmet for a Scalecaller one to keep the Dragon Priest look. He DID keep the weapons, though. (Also I wish I had a dark green-blue dye unlocked)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 11 2019, 07:29 AM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 8 2019, 07:48 PM) *

Fjotreid's wearing Fang Lair

I was gonna go with Scalecaller for the Dragon Priest look because he's going to Elsweyr when it's launced, but it's also really hot so I went with that instead. Less stuffy. Also I could probably swap out the helmet for a Scalecaller one to keep the Dragon Priest look. He DID keep the weapons, though. (Also I wish I had a dark green-blue dye unlocked)

That really does look Dragon-Priesty!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 14 2019, 11:25 AM) *

I'm taking every opportunity I find to suggest to ZOS on their forums that separate pieces of costume might be a popular thing if they became part of the outfit system.

What I'm aiming for is something like this, using a mix of armour parts and costume parts. I had to photoshop it, but I want to do it in the game.

Have you sent them that picture and asked for those boots as armor or even just shoes? I love those boots!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 25 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #53

Mouth
Group Icon

I got sick of what I put on Fjotried so I'm trying Maormer now. It's hard to dye (particularly the chest piece that distorts any color put on it) so I'm still working on it.

Also got Lucius in on outfit change. My main concern is how unprotected his crotch is. Never mind the exposed arms and crazy horns also being a risk. Trying Ra'gada now, but I might go back to Yokudan idk

Getting ready for Elsweyr. :v

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 25 2019, 09:23 PM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 25 2019, 03:53 PM) *

I got sick of what I put on Fjotried so I'm trying Maormer now. It's hard to dye (particularly the chest piece that distorts any color put on it) so I'm still working on it.

Also got Lucius in on outfit change. My main concern is how unprotected his crotch is. Never mind the exposed arms and crazy horns also being a risk. Trying Ra'gada now, but I might go back to Yokudan idk

I notice that even when there aren't tassets on the chest piece, they're built-in some other way. The hips didn't need an extra layer on the Maormer.

Lucius has a mounted knight's armour. The saddle protects that area without help. Most plate armours in ESO would prevent the character from riding, and the bendable (cloth, leather) ones would be very uncomfortable.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Apr 26 2019, 01:49 AM
Post #55

Mouth
Group Icon

On the subject of hip flaps, it just struck me that the chest piece will guarantee there will be no crotch covering, since that's usually the chest piece's job. :v

I also realized the part I dyed silver is meant to be leather. Either way, I swapped out the helmet and legs for Order of the Hour. I wanted to avoid it because he'll likely get crap for being Colovian (even if he isn't THOSE Colovians) so wearing the full outfit wasn't ideal. 2 pieces tho? Sure.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 26 2019, 02:50 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Apr 25 2019, 03:53 PM) *

Only 25 more days to go! Love the first armor better; but the second looks tough as hell!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 28 2019, 04:03 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

That Maormer outfit is gorgeous, and Lucius looks very imposing!

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:51 AM