13 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls Online: General Discussion
mALX
post Oct 14 2019, 03:37 PM
Post #141

Ancient
Group Icon

And there are so many Provinces the size of Stonefalls or larger; too - even without any DLC! There is all of the Provinces in High Rock; Skyrim; a large part of Hammerfell; Black Marsh; etc. It even has Cyrodiil (Cyrodiil is the biggest Province of all; but it is a PvP zone)

You will like being in Stonefalls (and Bal Foyen) if you like Morrowind = Both are actually part of the Morrowind/Vvardenfell region. Stonefalls is actually in the foothills of the Red Mountain; and gets Ash Storms from it regularly. You do get to explore some of the volcanic and lava filled Red Mountain (but in the Pre Dagoth Ur Era, lol). There is a large Dunmer population; and Morrowind style houses, etc. It also has some Ashlander quests you can do when your character gets built up some:

(screenshot of an Ashlander) :

https://imgur.com/mOGv0l7

So being in the Ebonheart Pact is really an Awesome beginning in the game for anyone who loved Morrowind!

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 14 2019, 03:43 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 14 2019, 04:58 PM
Post #142

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 14 2019, 05:12 AM) *

I already unlocked some mount but for now Shonta Quassan prefers to walk. Not sure for how long with maps of such sizes.

Once you have all the wayshrines, riding becomes less of an issue, but you need to ride around to find them first. When foraging for crafting materials, it's better on foot, as you have to dismount to gather anything, so you may as well travel that way.

Knowing as many wayshrines as possible is useful for the Guild Meetings, as porting to another player tries to put you at the nearest wayshrine you know. If you don't have any for that zone, you have to wait until they're in a dungeon (which is a separate server) before you can do it.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 14 2019, 07:24 PM
Post #143

Ancient
Group Icon

Anytime you want a lift to any wayshrine; feel free to ask any of the Guild members you see online to get you to the Province you need to go to; or if you want one in the Capital of each Province (that is no problem at all; it actually only takes about 15-20 minutes to "hop" to them all - most of that is load screens between provinces).

Also - anyone who is online at the time in your Friends list or Guild Rosters = you can right click on their names and choose "Travel to Player" on the "drop-down list" = doing that will take you to the Wayshrine nearest them without disturbing them at all.

Finding Wayshrines (or any locations) gives you XP points; which level you up (giving you more skill points to spend) = so you can control how fast you level by avoiding too much "discoveries" or by seeking them out following the Wayshrine or Town Icons on your compass if you need some skill points.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 14 2019, 07:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 15 2019, 11:47 AM
Post #144

Master
Group Icon

To improve my German, I switched the game language to German. While I understand most words that are being used in dialogues and inventory, I have troubles adapting that regions, races and names have now changed names so High Rock is now Hochfels, Daggerfall is Dolchsturz, Elder Scrolls are die Schriftrollen der Alten and Redguards are Rothwardonen among others. biggrin.gif

I'll try gaming in German for a while, see how it'll go. Tthey did a good job with voice actors, the pronunciation is very clear, which isn't always the case with German language.

I need to roleplay it out, that 1,000 years ago Men and Mer spoke German, only later they began using English. wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #145

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 15 2019, 06:47 AM) *

To improve my German, I switched the game language to German. While I understand most words that are being used in dialogues and inventory, I have troubles adapting that regions, races and names have now changed names so High Rock is now Hochfels, Daggerfall is Dolchsturz, Elder Scrolls are die Schriftrollen der Alten and Redguards are Rothwardonen among others. biggrin.gif

I'll try gaming in German for a while, see how it'll go. They did a good job with voice actors, the pronunciation is very clear, which isn't always the case with German language.

I need to roleplay it out, that 1,000 years ago Men and Mer spoke German, only later they began using English. wink.gif

I love the sound of the German language; it is such a beautiful language. Are you improving your German speech because you still plan to move there in the future?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 15 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #146

Master
Group Icon

I played some games before, where the voice acting in German was bad / horrible, and there were spelling mistakes in the text as well. But they did a brilliant job with ESO! They probably hired real Germans for voice actors, or at least professional speakers of that language.

Argonians sound the best of all when they speak German! Well, now I should say Argonier.

I'm not sure yet, whether I'll work abroad or not, but it's better to be prepared just in case I get a good opporunity to work abroad, or if something here happens overnight and I'd be forced to search for employment outside of Slovenia.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Oct 15 2019, 06:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 15 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #147

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 15 2019, 01:07 PM) *

I played some games before, where the voice acting in German was bad / horrible, and there were spelling mistakes in the text as well. But they did a brilliant job with ESO! They probably hired real Germans for voice actors, or at least professional speakers of that language.

Argonians sound the best of all when they speak German! Well, now I should say Argonier.

I'm not sure yet, whether I'll work abroad or not, but it's better to be prepared just in case I get a good opporunity to work abroad, or if something here happens overnight and I'd be forced to search for employment outside of Slovenia.

I'm going to have to go to YouTube and check this out now, lol. I've got to hear an "Argonier" speaking in German!

Well, I really hope nothing ever happens where you are forced to make a move you didn't want or plan for; but if you do go of your own choice to Germany and work = really hope you are able to work at the hospital in Landstuhl. They are the foremost in the world in premature births; they do some really amazing things with their babies that no one else in the world does and they have survival rates that are over anywhere else's! They are innovative in other fields of medicine too; it has to be the most exciting hospital in the world to work in!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 16 2019, 10:56 PM
Post #148

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm debating whether to try leveling up Light Armor and Medium Armor in the near future. I've tried researching what the benefits are compared to Heavy Armor. I'm always primarily Heavy, but I would also like to give myself options when I legitimately try to play PvP. There seems to be plenty of Skyshards and then some from what I have read--especially since I don't plan to use much of the Guild skill lines and I won't be attempting any Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood/Werewolf/Vampire stuff at all with Cincy.

So, what are everyone's thoughts on Light and Medium Armor?

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 16 2019, 11:01 PM
Post #149

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 16 2019, 04:56 PM) *

I'm debating whether to try leveling up Light Armor and Medium Armor in the near future. I've tried researching what the benefits are compared to Heavy Armor. I'm always primarily Heavy, but I would also like to give myself options when I legitimately try to play PvP. There seems to be plenty of Skyshards and then some from what I have read--especially since I don't plan to use much of the Guild skill lines and I won't be attempting any Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood/Werewolf/Vampire stuff at all with Cincy.

If you are a tank, you are more than likely only going to need heavy armor. If you are Stam DPS, you will probably want to do medium. Or maybe try a combo of heavy and medium and see if that works.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 16 2019, 11:03 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 16 2019, 11:05 PM
Post #150

Councilor
Group Icon

For PvE, Light helps magicka-users, whether they're healers, or DD. Medium appears best for Stamina builds. If you've been playing a tank build, you'll have more health (presumably). So along with an armour change, you'd be looking at a re-spec of your stats, to roughly all magicka, or all stamina, depending on which you prefer. The passives reward using five pieces of whatever you choose, and you don't have 15 slots.

PvP, I can't advise on, as I don't do that. It probably depends on solo versus group, and BG or other context.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 16 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #151

Paladin
Group Icon

Most players try to eventually get Undaunted skill line up to 9 for the top level bonus (2 skill points into Undaunted Mettle - 'Increases your Max Health, Stamina, and Magicka by 2% per type of Armor (Heavy, Medium, Light) that you have equipped') and level up all three armor types. Wearing 5 pieces of your primary armor type and 1 each piece of the other two types can give you +6% to each of your three attributes while retaining most of the benefit of your primary armor type.

Tanks benefit from this perhaps the most since they can easily max their armor resists with 5xheavy and crave all three attributes in their line of work.

Mages benefit the next most because that one each piece of medium and heavy really does toughen them up some - especially if you use 'big pieces' like chest or legs for the medium and heavy pieces. Shields are also 'big' pieces but most mages don't use them. Helms are also big pieces but, ideally, you want a monster helm (and shoulders) and mages prefer the monster sets that generally are light armor.

Stamina fighters benefit least from '5/1/1' for a few reasons. 1. Medium armor is already reasonably protective. 2. Light armor benefits don't benefit most stam fighters much. 3. Medium armor bonuses are very strong and worth considering forgoing the extra attributes of 5/1/1 for the extra benefit of 7/0/0. It is not uncommon to see stam fighters in 7 medium or sometimes 6 medium/1 heavy for sort of a compromise.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 17 2019, 07:51 AM
Post #152

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 16 2019, 05:56 PM) *

My thoughts on it: Keep 5 pieces of Heavy armor; but choose two of your "Small" Pieces (Small Pieces: Hands, Shoulders, Feet, and Waist) and change them out = make one Light and the other Medium.

That way you can develop your other two Armor lines. Take ONLY the first three Passives of the Light and Medium Armor lines; and DO NOT take the Active. (the last two Passives and the Active skill are ONLY for people wearing 5 Pieces of that Armor type).

Next = to get the most out of the bonuses available to you: Bring your Undaunted Skill line up to Level 9 by either doing the Solo daily delves or doing Pledges in the group dungeons. Whenever you can; take the two Undaunted Passives.

That is what I do with all my Player Characters because these are huge buffs for your character and well worth the drag of doing the Undaunted.

And here is a tip to speed the Undaunted leveling up: Get together with a group; and have only one Player at a time take a Daily Solo Undaunted; and have them share it with the group. That way you can do up to 12 in one day (depending on the size of the group). Each Daily Solo is 10 Undaunted Points; so 12 friends equals 120 Points for that day. They are just delves; so you can breeze through them in ten minutes each.

If you do the Pledges; you can't share those; and the dungeons take up to an hour or more. They may pay 30 Points the first time you do them; but after that I think it goes down to 10 as well. I could be wrong on the payout for Pledges (they've changed it since I've done any) = Acadian will know.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 17 2019, 08:00 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 17 2019, 10:20 PM
Post #153

Master
Group Icon

Is there any way to read the books you come across, at a later time?

Some books are found close to enemies and by the time I'm done with reading, enemies respawn, then I can't read them again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 17 2019, 11:14 PM
Post #154

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 17 2019, 05:20 PM) *

Some books are found close to enemies and by the time I'm done with reading, enemies respawn, then I can't read them again.

The books usually can't be "taken" from the place you find them; but you can write down the name of the book really fast and read it on the internet at a time when you are not having to fight off respawning enemies, lol.

By the way; Lopov = there is a quest that gives you a free hotel room inside the Bank in Davon's Watch. The Guild Bank has some furniture in it; or any of us can make you some to put in there; it will give Shonta a place to rest and relax sometimes.

Here is what the room looks like with some furniture in it:

https://imgur.com/ggt3ZnX

(so, nothing beautiful; but it is nice to have a place to rest).

To lay down in a bed; stand in the center of the bed facing Right and type /sleep in the Chat Box. You will have to try it a few times to get it right; but it works well when you learn the right place to put your character.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 17 2019, 11:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 17 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #155

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 17 2019, 05:20 PM) *

When you complete the Mages Guild questline you will be able to re-read the books you have discovered in the Lore Books section of your Journal. You could also use an add-on to allow you to read them from your Journal without finishing that questline. I’m pretty sure that the add-on Lore Books has that feature.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 18 2019, 07:13 AM
Post #156

Master
Group Icon

Thank you both. I'll probably install the Lore Books add-on, who knows when I'll finish the MG questline.

@mALX - Shonta Quassan got a free room in the inn of Ebonheart. He hasn't furnished it yet, because he's busy questing, but he'll furnish it with time.

But I wouldn't mind an Argonian bed, if anyone has it or has time to create one. hehe.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Oct 18 2019, 07:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Oct 18 2019, 02:07 PM
Post #157

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 18 2019, 02:13 AM) *

Thank you both. I'll probably install the Lore Books add-on, who knows when I'll finish the MG questline.

@mALX - Shonta Quassan got a free room in the inn of Ebonheart. He hasn't furnished it yet, because he's busy questing, but he'll furnish it with time.

But I wouldn't mind an Argonian bed, if anyone has it or has time to create one. hehe.gif

Pog was delighted to make a bed for Shonta this morning. He hopes that Shonta sleeps well on it! happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 18 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #158

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 18 2019, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 18 2019, 02:13 AM) *

Pog was delighted to make a bed for Shonta this morning. He hopes that Shonta sleeps well on it! happy.gif

Awesome, thanks! I'll take a look at it as soon as I start gaming today in the evening, I'll make a screenie too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 10 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #159

Master
Group Icon

I have a dilema - on one hand quests (MQ and regional story quests) are so interesting and entertaining that it makes me want to do them right one after another, but this means that I don't fully explore some region before moving onwards. Up until now I've explored in full and did most quests on the Bleakrock Isle, in Bal Foyen and in Stonefalls, but now in Deshaan after completing the regional story quests, I feel like Shonta Quassan wants to continue helping the Pact and move further south to Shadowfen. So the other side of my dilema is to stay in the region and explore it in full.

I know that I should listen to Shonta, but I'm still curious how most of you approach(ed) this game - did you leave some region after fully exploring it, or did you move through some region rather quickly, and explore it in full later, maybe even a year or two later?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 10 2019, 06:41 PM
Post #160

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 10 2019, 12:13 PM) *

I have a dilema - on one hand quests (MQ and regional story quests) are so interesting and entertaining that it makes me want to do them right one after another, but this means that I don't fully explore some region before moving onwards. Up until now I've explored in full and did most quests on the Bleakrock Isle, in Bal Foyen and in Stonefalls, but now in Deshaan after completing the regional story quests, I feel like Shonta Quassan wants to continue helping the Pact and move further south to Shadowfen. So the other side of my dilema is to stay in the region and explore it in full.

I know that I should listen to Shonta, but I'm still curious how most of you approach(ed) this game - did you leave some region after fully exploring it, or did you move through some region rather quickly, and explore it in full later, maybe even a year or two later?

I usually always explored the "world" (or area) first before the questing; but that is just me. I've kind of always done it that way in all the games I've played; even the Fallout games. Whenever possible, I like to save the Main Quest for last because it is always compelling and feels urgent (and once into it = it feels odd to walk away from a crisis to go exploring; if you know what I mean).

So if I explore first it is as if my character is not aware of the crisis at that time; but is doing whatever they normally would based on their circumstances.

Having the locations on the map does make it easier when Questing; and getting the Skyshards/Wayshrines/and places on your map "discovered" gives you skill points to spend; so when your character is following that Main Questline = their combat levels are up to handle the combat that will come with the upper leveled enemies Shonta will face as the main Questlines progress.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 10 2019, 06:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:36 AM