Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls Online: General Discussion
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 14 2018, 02:42 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Jun 14 2018, 07:34 AM) *

Do y'all play on PC or are there some consolers here?

PC here. Khajiit has a PS4 but rarely turns it on these days.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 14 2018, 03:06 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Works for me! I think since I will be doing a lot of exploring and solo playing, I will start with a tank. I played RF Online for years and enjoyed tanking in that game, too, so I like the familiarity.

Reason I was asking about the platforms, is 'cause I just bought the PC version yesterday. My PS4 hard drive was too full for the most recent update, and getting it for the PC instead frees up 95gb of space on the console. I figured most were PC'ers, though!

Maybe I'll see some of ya out there. smile.gif I plan on starting in Stros M'kai as a Redguard with the name Rakaand or Sekh. (Hopefully they are available!)

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 14 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

The reason I play on PC is this.

I got accustomed to playing on three monitors with Oblivion, and just love the peripheral vision letting me see attacks from the side, or materials to gather that are off-path. Skyrim SE piled on the FX, and strains the video cards if I don't turn things down a bit, but ESO worked fine without twiddling anything.

P.S. you'll see that view soon, or at least the middle part. Stros M'kai -> Betnikh -> Glenumbra doesn't take long.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 14 2018, 03:33 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Jun 14 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

blink.gif
That is a killer viewing setup!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jun 14 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

Just added Summerset DLC to my TESO collection for the PS4. So many backlogged quest so much time to do it in.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Aug 29 2018, 02:22 AM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

Ended up finding a link to this and felt like sharing. That armor kicked dust into my third eye. But pretty much everything did tbh

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 27 2018, 01:11 AM
Post #27

Mouth
Group Icon

IPB Image

So this is the excuse they're using for the rectons done since Murkmire was retooled from its Adventure Zone days. Fair enough, I'm used to this by now. I will never get over Summerset tho. One of the downsides of a franchise that spans decades I suppose.

Ah right, this is the source.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 28 2018, 11:57 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

Is there a lore reason why Meridia would frown upon one of her followers summoning a Winged Twilight and a Clanfear or scamp?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 29 2018, 01:09 AM
Post #29

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 28 2018, 03:57 PM) *

Is there a lore reason why Meridia would frown upon one of her followers summoning a Winged Twilight and a Clanfear or scamp?

I'd say no problem.

Daedra Lords do not consider daedra to be exclusive one Daedra Lord. Mehrunes Dagon's minions include winged twilights. . . but so too is the realm of Azura patrolled by winged twilights. Sheogorath uses seducers and golden saints. . . but so too is the realm of Meridia patrolled, in part, by seducers.

Based on that, I'd submit that Daedra Lords view the various daedra as tools and feel free to use them as they see fit to suit their purposes.

Meridia is considered to be a champion of both light and life. Therefore, the primary things her followers should eshew are darkness and undead.

A fair question might be what about the sorcerer skill branch of Dark Magic? I don't really see much 'dark' about the skills there and would not worry about that either.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 29 2018, 01:22 AM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 28 2018, 07:09 PM) *

I'd say no problem.

Daedra Lords do not consider daedra to be exclusive one Daedra Lord. Mehrunes Dagon's minions include winged twilights. . . but so too is the realm of Azura patrolled by winged twilights. Sheogorath uses seducers and golden saints. . . but so too is the realm of Meridia patrolled, in part, by seducers.

Based on that, I'd submit that Daedra Lords view the various daedra as tools and feel free to use them as they see fit to suit their purposes.

Meridia is considered to be a champion of both light and life. Therefore, the primary things her followers should eshew are darkness and undead.

A fair question might be what about the sorcerer skill branch of Dark Magic? I don't really see much 'dark' about the skills there and would not worry about that either.

So honestly a Templar healer would be ideal for a follower of Meridia, what with all the “light magic” and what not. Or perhaps a dark Sorc could be seen as a product of the light?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 29 2018, 02:32 AM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 28 2018, 05:57 PM) *

AFAIK, there isn't anything about them that she'd object to. So long as it's nothing related to necromancy, undead or otherwise tampering with life energies, she's probably okay with it. After all, Meridia's described as having "heroes of many hues" under her service or referred to as "The Greedy Woman" in the Illiac Bay. (Umarril the Unfeathered was one of her champions)

As for Sorcerer abilities, I think at least one of the Stormcalling skills mentions Meridia's power, so a lightning Sorc would probably be the most, uh, "Meridia" of the 3 skill lines.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 29 2018, 02:52 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 28 2018, 08:32 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 28 2018, 05:57 PM) *

AFAIK, there isn't anything about them that she'd object to. So long as it's nothing related to necromancy, undead or otherwise tampering with life energies, she's probably okay with it. After all, Meridia's described as having "heroes of many hues" under her service or referred to as "The Greedy Woman" in the Illiac Bay. (Umarril the Unfeathered was one of her champions)

As for Sorcerer abilities, I think at least one of the Stormcalling skills mentions Meridia's power, so a lightning Sorc would probably be the most, uh, "Meridia" of the 3 skill lines.

And wouldn’t you know, we are in need of a lightning spellcaster on our crew!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 1 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

Someone on the ESO forum today was complaining that half the guild vendors are charging prices above average. blink.gif

When was Lake Woebegone added as a DLC?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 7 2018, 02:11 AM
Post #34

Paladin
Group Icon

I quite enjoyed this <4 min vid showing what a bit of creativity can achieve using the in game emotes and dances -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue...p;v=2a6z0N4vpBw

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 7 2018, 02:27 AM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 6 2018, 07:11 PM) *

I quite enjoyed this <4 min vid showing what a bit of creativity can achieve using the in game emotes and dances -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue...p;v=2a6z0N4vpBw

Lol, wow that’s pretty impressive!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 9 2018, 12:33 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 29 2018, 01:09 AM) *

I'd say no problem.

Totally right!

Here’s some info provided by a Dremora from ESO’s lore. We can assume it is true for other Daedra types as we’ve seen before.

“Though the Dremora find their greatest glory in the service of mighty Molag Bal, not all Dremora are able enough to belong to our ranks, and must find places elsewhere. Less-fortunate Dremora can be found in the service of Mehrunes Dagon, of Vaermina, of Clavicus Vile, and some poor Caitiffs and Churls even serve Peryite. All members of a given clan serve the same Prince, and preserve (to the best of their ability) the standard Dremora hierarchies."

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 9 2018, 05:20 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Nov 8 2018, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 29 2018, 01:09 AM) *

I'd say no problem.

Totally right!

Here’s some info provided by a Dremora from ESO’s lore. We can assume it is true for other Daedra types as we’ve seen before.

“Though the Dremora find their greatest glory in the service of mighty Molag Bal, not all Dremora are able enough to belong to our ranks, and must find places elsewhere. Less-fortunate Dremora can be found in the service of Mehrunes Dagon, of Vaermina, of Clavicus Vile, and some poor Caitiffs and Churls even serve Peryite. All members of a given clan serve the same Prince, and preserve (to the best of their ability) the standard Dremora hierarchies."

Heh and after Khajiit asked that question he just decided to make another Hircine devotee laugh.gif
Khajiit loves Hircine! biggrin.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 9 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #38

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's been hot and cold with Hircine:

Oblivion -
Hircine: "Kill a unicorn and bring me its horn."
Buffy: "Not now, not ever."

Skyrim -
Hircine: "Kill a werewolf who shredded an eight year old girl and bring me his pelt."
Buffy: "With pleasure."

ESO -
Hircine: "Defeat my Briarheart Reachman champion and I'll return this grotto to the Glenmoril Wyrd."
Buffy: "Sure. The Wyrd are better stewards of this land."

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 9 2018, 04:39 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 9 2018, 06:26 AM) *

Oblivion -

Skyrim -
Hircine: "Kill a werewolf who shredded an eight year old girl and bring me his pelt."

ESO -
Hircine: "Defeat my Briarheart Reachman champion and I'll return this grotto to the Glenmoril Wyrd."

Heh, Hircine is pretty easy to please. As long as it’s sporting, he really doesn’t care what you do laugh.gif
Although, he did seem fairly well pissed off at the end of the Bloodmoon expansion for TES3.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 9 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 9 2018, 01:26 PM) *

Oblivion -

Skyrim -

ESO -

laugh.gif

Yeah Hircine has his two shades. But after digging some bit of lore he’s just as terrible as Molag Bal(turning maidens into deer and uh doing stuff before hunting them) in some aspects and not so terrible in others, like granting boons.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post

13 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:29 AM