Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summerset Chapter Topic, Chapter 2's Spoilery Discussion
monkeyemoness
post May 23 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #41

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ May 21 2018, 06:33 PM) *

Jerric got his entire crew certified in jewelry crafting, though only a few of them plan to actually use the skill. Using the Alinor inn room and their mail box furnishing storage, they were able to build up a small stock of pewter from the certification quest without the craft bag interfering. The certification quest takes you from 0 to 2 in the skill line, which is high enough to pick up the first Keen Eye passive. The jewelers are going to try raising their skill level without increasing their passive levels to avoid the huge pain of juggling different tier materials that they don’t need for anything but writs.

I'm doing exactly the same thing. One thing that I like is that with a self-replenishing supply of Pewter, you'll also build up Dust to refine later with all the extraction passives so you have a chance at the best temper grains. Only downside is that you'll only get the dust for traits through the writs and possibly deconstruction. (Also I love Darnand's witch outfit)

QUOTE(ghastley @ May 22 2018, 10:29 PM) *

I was surprised to find pewter and platinum nodes today, even without having the chapter. I can't do anything with the material, of course. I was expecting it would behave like the other metal ores, and only be available when you could use it, but I suppose it's the 50% at playing level.

Yeah, they said those would be available to anyone, new traited rings and necklaces included iirc. Even if one can't use them, people without the Chapter can still profit from Jewelry Crafting in some way.

==

Anyways, one thing I really like about Summerset is that they kept the Delve design philosophy from Morrowind. The delves are a lot more complex and non-linear, and also borrow from Craglorn in that they seem to incorporate quests outside of the local one and the daily associated with it. I also love how some of them are basically part of the overland, like one that overlooks the southern canyon and another that is connected to what would otherwise be a useless but pretty pass. Lots of open air. I loved that about Craglorn's delves, too.

Some Morrowind spoilers, particularly the Balmora questline.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 26 2018, 02:26 AM
Post #42

Mouth
Group Icon

Hey, so, didja know there's 2 new Provisioning recipes? And that they're found through fishing in Artaeum? Yeah. I got the Purple one on my first fishing hole there. biggrin.gif It increases the number of fish you can hook, but it needs several units of one of the new Alchemy Reagents. Yeesh.

Anyways, did some questing and I gotta say, I love the ones in the central plain. Haven't gotten past the part of the Main Quest I played through in the Beta, but then I'm waiting to get all the Sapiarch body pieces for Jo first.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 27 2018, 01:58 AM
Post #43

Mouth
Group Icon

(Potential spoilers for the very first quest in Summerset.)

Raz.

Raz, there is very little keeping Hates from kicking you in the crotch and I wouldn't blame her considering you used the word after she said some Argonians take issue with it.

Raz....

Raz, the mage you adventured with for two whole years is STANDING RIGHT THERE.

He's not making himself very popular to the Squad. (I do like how your character's race plays into some conversations, though.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 27 2018, 02:43 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 26 2018, 07:58 PM) *

(Potential spoilers for the very first quest in Summerset.)

Raz.

Raz, there is very little keeping Hates from kicking you in the crotch and I wouldn't blame her considering you used the word after she said some Argonians take issue with it.

Raz....

Raz, the mage you adventured with for two whole years is STANDING RIGHT THERE.

He's not making himself very popular to the Squad. (I do like how your character's race plays into some conversations, though.)

Lol, that Raz! Such a fun guy!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 27 2018, 10:40 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

Raz is not known for his diplomacy. In fact, I recall some comment of his where he referred to short, round-eared and tailed folk . . .

And of course, that racy comment he made about the woman Dagger when you are on the quest to bring all the rulers together at the Isle of Stirk - even Queen Ayrenn has to tell him "Raz . . . inappropriate."

That makes me laugh every time I think of it . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 29 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

Is it me or has this guy never shown up before?

I can't remember who he is. The UESP tells me he's added by Summerset. So...what the hell?????? This quest was hilarious.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 30 2018, 02:12 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 29 2018, 04:45 PM) *

Is it me or has this guy never shown up before?

I can't remember who he is. The UESP tells me he's added by Summerset. So...what the hell?????? This quest was hilarious.

IDK who it is, maybe it's like that Wrothgar Orc lady that says "Do you know how long I've been looking for you?!"

...but I've found some real creative and hilarious writing in some of these Summerset quests too! The Auger especially!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 30 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #48

Mouth
Group Icon

^He has followup dialogue where you can ask him what brought him there. He hints that he's from Wrothgar but tbh I can't for the life of me remember if he had a quest there or not.

==

Anyways, speaking of quests, one of them has a Sapiarch that studies foreign cultures asking for some items of some very specific races.

Gee, I wonder who fits that description...

If only it were that easy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 2 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

No spoilers, but I'm glad I made this Eolan and Jo'zira's Chapter.

Also I was right about the Golden Knight! I can't believe a crack theory I came up with years ago is true!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 4 2018, 03:25 AM
Post #50

Mouth
Group Icon

Listen, I absolutely fricking loved this questline and all the sidequests. Haven't found any hints to what's happening next, but there's still a lot to explore. Anyways, one last thing before I shut up about it for a while:

Golden Knight, to Eolan: Thanks, you're always straight with me!

Eolan, who crushed on him from the start: *sweats*

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 6 2018, 12:02 AM
Post #51

Mouth
Group Icon

My feelings about how the Summerset questline ended summed up in a song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 6 2018, 02:46 AM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 3 2018, 09:25 PM) *

Listen, I absolutely fricking loved this questline and all the sidequests. Haven't found any hints to what's happening next, but there's still a lot to explore. Anyways, one last thing before I shut up about it for a while:

Golden Knight, to Eolan: Thanks, you're always straight with me!

Eolan, who crushed on him from the start: *sweats*

Bahahaha!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 12 2018, 04:03 AM
Post #53

Mouth
Group Icon

IPB Image

Eolan's adopting another child to help ease the pain after the outcome of the Summerset questline. He is strongly considering naming the cat

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 12 2018, 03:54 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 11 2018, 11:03 PM) *

IPB Image

Eolan's adopting another child to help ease the pain after the outcome of the Summerset questline. He is strongly considering naming the cat

I really do like how they bring in your main ally from your alliance to do these DLC quests!

Ooh, congrats on the long-eared cat! I need to get over there and farm for my own pet cat!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 12 2018, 03:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jun 17 2018, 06:56 PM
Post #55

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 12 2018, 09:54 AM) *

I really do like how they bring in your main ally from your alliance to do these DLC quests!

Ooh, congrats on the long-eared cat! I need to get over there and farm for my own pet cat!

Yeah! Especially since it was a plot thread left hanging since the base game. I'm glad it was finally adressed, and tbh? I'm pleased with how they handled the whole timey-wimey thing. There's someone like Jo'zira in the actual game canon! biggrin.gif

I love Psijic Portals

Would have lost my mind if there was a motif in there, too.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jun 17 2018, 06:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 18 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jun 17 2018, 01:56 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 12 2018, 09:54 AM) *

Yeah! Especially since it was a plot thread left hanging since the base game. I'm glad it was finally adressed, and tbh? I'm pleased with how they handled the whole timey-wimey thing. There's someone like Jo'zira in the actual game canon! biggrin.gif

I love Psijic Portals

Would have lost my mind if there was a motif in there, too.

I just discovered yesterday that I got a Hakeijo in one too! I didn't see it at the time, but found it in my inventory last night, and it is the only place I could have gotten one! I've been hunting those Psijic portals to find jewelry with the new traits to research.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 26 2018, 07:16 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

Moving the discussion of non-Summerset Jewelry crafting issues here.

If you don't have Summerset, your characters can still mine the mats - or at least, some of them. You'll only get Pewter dust, Copper dust, and Platinum dust.

Any character can mine Pewter, because that matches their crafting level, which is stuck at zero. Those below level 26 will mine it for the other half of their split, because the playing level gives you Pewter, too. Champion levels over 160 give you Platinum half the time. The only other situation is a character between 26 and 50, who will get half copper.

In principle, the other mats are obtainable, but only if your CP level is between 10 and 150, which is a brief state for an account. Summerset-owning users will see them as their crafters advance, as that half of the haul.

It appears that you can get refined ounces as drops or rewards (because I have), but expect them to be rare. Since you can't activate the crsfting stations, you can't refine them yourself. You also can't decon rings or amulets, to get anything that way, so you probably will never see the jewel trait materials, as they come from refining and deconstruction. The same applies for the platings.

Pewter will be more than half of your jewelry mats. Each character gather 50% Pewter, and some get it for the other half as well. The rest get copper or platinum, with the switch at Champion level. Copper will be in the most demand, as more people will need it, and fewer will gather it. That might make its price higher?

Ochre is the furnishing jewelry material. You'll get it with the dust from time to time, and it will be useless without access to the crafting stations. Probably not very valuable, on a par with heartwood, bast etc.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 26 2018, 07:21 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 12 2018, 02:46 AM
Post #58

Mouth
Group Icon

So I recently finished my run of the entirety of Summerset's quests with all four of my main characters and I can now honestly say it's even better than Vvardenfell just by having a main quest that's just as interesting as the side content.

Summerset, Morrowind, and Main/Alliance Quest spoilers beyond this point (along with fan wank, you have been warned)

Regarding the main quest itself, while I'm still very, VERY bitter about losing the original concept for Alinor, I genuinely did enjoy what we ended up getting, and a little headcanon goes a long way, at least for the visuals. (Some things, like the function of the Crystal Tower, might need a little more work to reconcile)

I mentioned that for the first time since the end of the Alliance/Coldharbour questline I actually...felt the impact of the story? I suppose that it helps that quite a few loose ends left by the original main quest and the current arc were tied up, whether or not they were done well.

Then there's quite a few of my personal theories and headcanons that were suddenly made canon or had an example in official lore which made me absolutely giddy. And as always, the game even threw a few parallels for what my characters were going through, which is always a plus. (It could mean nothing, it could mean that the writers foresaw how people would react up to this point, but man, this entire chapter's writing resonated with me deeply.)

Anyways, on to specific examples with spoilers hidden with the content they spoil specified.

Summerset Endgame Spoilers: On the Big Bad

Summerset Endgame/Base Game Main Quest/Daggerfall Covenant Questline Spoilers

Summerset Endgame/Morrowind Spoilers: On Nocturnal's Earl

Summerset Endgame Spoilers: On the New Characters

Summerset Endgame Spoilers: Crystal-Like-Law

I think that's all I wanted to cover? Once again, loved the Chapter. Almost done with what I wanted to do.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 12 2018, 02:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Sep 15 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #59

Mouth
Group Icon

Completed Summerset now, so here is my final impression. MILD STORY SPOILERS AHEAD.

First, location. Both Summerset and Artaeum look fantastic, and fit in well with the rest of the world. Summerset especially feels lively and vibrant, with plenty to see. The architecture in the cities is wonderful, and the ancient ruins dotted around the landscape give the whole place a real sense of history. There's very little empty space, and the wilderness areas are packed with trees and plants and streams. The little Daedric locations throughout the main story were also quite striking, and really spiced things up.

Story. Not bad! It's interesting, has a decent amount of lore mixed in, and some nice enough characters. I'm kind of tired of this daedra storyline (it started, what, at the end of Orsinium?) so I'm glad we seem to be more or less finished with it. I thought Sotha Sil in particular played a great role here, and continues to be one of my favourite characters in the game. I completed the main story as Haa-Rei, but may go through again as Cirinwe if I have time.

Side quests. Really really enjoyed them here, as good if not better than the high standards elsewhere in the game. They fill in bits of lore about Summerset and the Altmer people, while presenting multiple views of their society. Particularly enjoyed the quests with the Hulkynd and the acting troupe - I did the side quests as Cirinwe, and it's given me about 1000 different ideas for things to write about and include in her general headcanon.

I think the writers could have gone a little lighter on the 'Altmer are arrogant and dislike foreigners' thing because it started getting a little stale after a while, though good on them for having lots of different dialogue for Altmer characters. Next time, add more [INTIMIDATE] dialogue options so Cirinwe can remind people of their manners.

Overall, pretty good. Better than Morrowind, but I think I prefer the smaller DLCs to these big chapter/expansion/things.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Sep 17 2018, 09:16 PM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 15 2018, 07:46 PM
Post #60

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the update, haz. I agree that Summerset is beautiful and compares nicely to Auridon with a couple exceptions - a higher density of 'nuisance critters' to interfere with the gorgeous scenery and there's a bit too much 'cliff-channeling' (hard to get where you want) for me. I found the quests well-written and often included many wonderful bits of humor. Enjoy!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:47 AM