Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Well I heard of those glitches in Morrowind., Didnt really beleive it, until I....
Black Hand
post Dec 21 2006, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Well, I was bored with Sethyas for a bit, so I decided to try out a Nord Archer, and as is my 'breaking in' Ceremony for all my new Characters, I had her swim on over too Ahuranartes. Its a small Island with a Bandit Cave and Anscetral Tomb a bit west of Seyda Neen.

After a nice little loot grabbing, with level one character, I begin the swim back....and notice a pecilular sight....

A Corprus Stalker was walking on the seabed....

....in the Bitter Coast Sea....completly underwater....

So I followed it for a bit. It did not drown...

Then I attacked it....and it died....the game did not crash like I thought it would, and it floated to the top like a 'normal' corpse.

Then I thought of all those strange glitches that people wrote about before, and man oh man...I felt bad for not really beliving them....Im sorry.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
canis216
post Dec 21 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

I've heard of this one before, but never seen it. I did see a 'floating' barrel within the perfectly dry hull of the good ship Grytewake recently, which I thought was a bit odd. It was actually smoothing just like any other floating barrel in the game, in spite of its lack of water to float in.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
1234king
post Dec 25 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

Huh, i have never heard about that before. Seems kinda odd the stalker wouldn't drown; and where is this Ahuranartes

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 25 2006, 02:23 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Its a small Island to the west (a bit west) that shows up on the map as one of those specks.

The Orc in there also has the only Volume of Bone One that Ive encountered....

Its also decent loot for a starter character....provided that you can survive the slaughterfish, and angry Orc with a battle-ax.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Dec 28 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

I used to see stuff like that all the time. Dreughs and slaughter fish on the land, random stuff in the sea. yeah good times.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jan 7 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Is a Corprus Stalker supposed to show up in the Redoran Ancestral Vaults? Cuz I just killed one in there with some bonewalkers!

I abandoned Daric THorn the nightblade for Lucien Thorn the Assassin (Same as premade, except I switched out block for illusion) and there it was!

This is creeping me out! Are the Corprus Stalkers living up to thier name? Is my X-Box possessed??!!
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 7 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

I rarely encounter glitches. (Other than graphical ones but I can't complain about that. My videocard is listed as not supported for a reason. smile.gif )

I'd say the the most common glitch for me is the swimming Mudcrab. Unless that isn't a glitch. And oh yeah, here's another one. For some reason, the Telvanni guards switched from their armour to pants and a torch, Caius-style. When I look in the constructionset though, none of my active mods deal with them. Odd.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 7 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #8

Wise Woman
Group Icon

The weirdest glitch I encountered was when two of Almalexia´s Hands showed up in the cave in Solstheim, the one where you have to learn a tune....(the quest of Aevar Sonesinger I guess) Anyway I had to kill those basterdes....creepy!

Some cross-glitch between Tribunal and Bloodmoon I guess!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
canis216
post Jan 7 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Actually, I think that there is supposed to a corprus stalker in the Redoran Ancestral Vaults, if I remember it rightly. It's been a while since I've been down in there. The Redorans really get it bad from the Sixth House... ash statues, manors overrun, blighted creatures...

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Shiniku
post Jan 8 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #10

Retainer

Well, on one of my xbox characters I was doing a quest where people from balmora tell you to go to a dude at a fort. And the dude tells you you need to kill people and make a little bloodbath or somesuch, and come back to him and he takes away the bounty. Anyway I did all that and came back and he took away the bounty, but for some reason all accross morrowind imperial guards still attack me on sight. I don't get in trouble for killing them of course, and no other types of guards care. Really strange, but a good source of exp and money (if you're broke) main bad thing is with 7 or so imperial guards wailing on you at a time, even if you can take it, it'll rip your armor to shreds.

Also, again on the xbox morrowind, I had just started a new character. I saved it for the first time I think right outside arilles tradehouse. This character was pitiful (a friend was playing too, also he laid out the skills, so he was extra sucky) and he got killed when two mudcrabs ganged up on him. ANyway, when I went to load the game, I appeared halfway through the floor in moonmoth legion fort. This character had not even been there yet, it was weird, and the character screwed up forever.

This post has been edited by Shiniku: Jan 8 2007, 07:09 PM

--------------------
Damnation nation, what's your situation?
IPB Image
Click image for my deviant art.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jan 8 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

For me, I've run into the glitch where you run into land dreughs and slaughterfist the odd time. I've also fallen through holes in the game, usually when I'm in the water inside caves.

Also, there was one time well all of Wolverine Hall disappeared. One of the archers ending up falling and getting stuck halfway in the stairs that take you to the Imperial Chaple. I guess I saved elsewhere because whenever I visit Wolverine Hall now, there's always an Imperial Archer stuck in the floor. It was amusing, but kinda freaky at the time when there was no Wolverine Hall whatsoever. I also think most of Sadrith Mora was gone as well. Floating people and everything!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Poison Heart
post Jan 9 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #12

Associate

I found a really weird glitch on my xbox version, where i hit a guard in mournhold and he just disappeared
and then playing my pc version i jumped in a cave and went strait through the roof and just floated in grey space.

--------------------
"And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming"
- Edgar Allan Poe "The Raven"
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Jan 18 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Poison Heart @ Jan 8 2007, 07:21 PM) *

I found a really weird glitch on my xbox version, where i hit a guard in mournhold and he just disappeared
and then playing my pc version i jumped in a cave and went strait through the roof and just floated in grey space.

Heh, I had the same thing except... I fell through the floor in the basement of Balmora's Mages Guild, fell through grey-space, and landed on the 2nd floor mellow.gif

This post has been edited by DarkHunter: Jan 18 2007, 09:03 PM

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jan 19 2007, 01:32 AM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

Thats what happens in interiors when you drop through, whats worse is you can land on something on which you get stuck while you are falling like a post, I did that once and I was continously landing and taking damage while stuck, because of the height of the fall I managed to get 4 levels of acrobatics before dieing.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jan 22 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Jan 7 2007, 11:48 AM) *

The weirdest glitch I encountered was when two of Almalexia´s Hands showed up in the cave in Solstheim, the one where you have to learn a tune....(the quest of Aevar Sonesinger I guess) Anyway I had to kill those basterdes....creepy!

I think i remember you mentioning that some other time... but yeah, that sucks. My guys could barely kill the one we had to in Tribunal, can't imagine killing two of them. (Of course i mean trying to kill them)

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 27 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #16

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Jan 22 2007, 01:08 AM) *

QUOTE(minque @ Jan 7 2007, 11:48 AM) *

I think i remember you mentioning that some other time... but yeah, that sucks. My guys could barely kill the one we had to in Tribunal, can't imagine killing two of them. (Of course i mean trying to kill them)

Well Serene is pretty good you know, there´s barely nothing she can´t kill! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jan 27 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

Those hands are quite tough to kill, I remember playing my battle mage and I went to kill the 6 or so standing around in Almalexia's chambers, I killed them all but all my daedric armour broke in the short time they were attacking me! They were even tougher than the king and his gaurds.

QUOTE(Shiniku @ Jan 9 2007, 07:06 AM) *

Well, on one of my xbox characters I was doing a quest where people from balmora tell you to go to a dude at a fort. And the dude tells you you need to kill people and make a little bloodbath or somesuch, and come back to him and he takes away the bounty. Anyway I did all that and came back and he took away the bounty, but for some reason all accross morrowind imperial guards still attack me on sight. I don't get in trouble for killing them of course, and no other types of guards care. Really strange, but a good source of exp and money (if you're broke) main bad thing is with 7 or so imperial guards wailing on you at a time, even if you can take it, it'll rip your armor to shreds.

That happens when you attack a gaurd while there is a bounty on your head but he's not actaully attacking you for it yet, or he stopped attacking you because he is above or below you; not much you can do about it on xbox. The above mentioned character gets attacked by all the imperial, hlaalu and telivanni gaurds and because I'm on xbox I can't do anything about it except disintegrate all their armour and weapons and watch them running around half naked trying to punch me.

This post has been edited by Pisces: Jan 27 2007, 12:23 PM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:22 AM