Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 5 2017, 01:08 AM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 4 2017, 05:41 PM) *

SO who's exited for Homstid on Mondy??? I kno I em!

I do a final tally of gold tomorrow to see what I'll end up blowing it on, and I'm preparing for Master Writs in case I get one as early as Monday.

Meh, Khajiit may have enough gold to afford a house when Morrowind comes out lol

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 5 2017, 05:28 AM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm about to blow from excitement!

Here is what I spent today making:

http://imgur.com/a/BE3w7

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 4 2017, 07:08 PM) *

I do a final tally of gold tomorrow to see what I'll end up blowing it on, and I'm preparing for Master Writs in case I get one as early as Monday.

Meh, Khajiit may have enough gold to afford a house when Morrowind comes out lol

I'm still building up the funds for the one I want too. (I need 92,582 more).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 5 2017, 05:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 5 2017, 05:54 AM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 4 2017, 10:28 PM) *

Khajiit is liking the outdoor spaces!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 5 2017, 06:47 AM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 4 2017, 11:54 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 4 2017, 10:28 PM) *

Khajiit is liking the outdoor spaces!

I like decorating the outdoors better than the indoors, lol. I built a secret Molag Bal (cult worship) secret meeting place with all kinds of Achievement items; a place for lovers to meet on the beach; some nice stables; etc. - and a bunch of tavern style outdoor cafes (that was my favorite thing to make in Oblivion and Skyrim modding too, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 5 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #65

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 4 2017, 11:28 PM) *

Wow, that’s amazing! What creative use of building materials! Thanks for showing us that!

I’m excited to see how everything is going to work and to go check out the furnished houses. It will be a while before I can buy any, but after tomorrow I’ll have a plan. From what I have read it seems that the medium and large houses both have a 12 player limit. At this point I think I’ll shoot for the Sleek Creek (medium) house and furnish it slowly as Elke and Pog’s crafting skills allow, but the Crown store offerings may change my mind. I like Sleek Creek for the outdoor areas and view. Even with just a fire pit and some cushions it should be a good place to party. (And go fishing!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 7 2017, 12:11 AM
Post #66

Mouth
Group Icon

I've narrowed down my "communal" house option to these three, in order of most likely to be picked:

1. Strident Springs Demense
2. Matiisen Manor
3. Forsaken Stronghold

I had a huge effort post of why I considered them that I could easily copy-paste, but nah.

Best part is I'll have enough left over to get medium houses if I wish (especially if I go with Matiisen Manor). Definitely getting Ravenhurst for Eolan.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 7 2017, 03:16 AM
Post #67

Ancient
Group Icon

I went ahead and bought the Hunding house (furnished) from the Crown Store. It was too good a deal to pass up, I was so tickled by how low their prices were!

Chorrolites are set up as approved visitors already, in case anyone wants to visit!

The interior is furnished; but there are some things I plan to change/improve if I have enough Crowns left over to do it (or find the right recipes, lol). I most def want to at least do something in the courtyard so it isn't so empty, lol.

They amazed me with how low their prices were on the furnished versions!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 7 2017, 03:18 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 7 2017, 03:33 AM
Post #68

Councilor
Group Icon

monkey, I love Strident Springs. It combines my favorite architecture with my favorite outdoor setting.

mALX, congratulations! I'm glad you got the Hunding house, it's the one that you have sounded the most enthusiastic about. I'm looking forward to visiting!

Exciting! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 7 2017, 04:04 AM
Post #69

Mouth
Group Icon

I'll definitely pop over and visit, mALX! My house permissions are also open, so anyone can drop by whenever they like.

I went for unfurnished with Humblemud, so I'm hunting down furniture blueprints. There's a 'Mimic Hist Tree' for sale at the furnisher in Shadowfen - Haa-Rei NEEDS that in his garden. Ciri also wants an Auridon cherry tree, so that goes on the shopping list too.

I've found that there is a regular furnisher and achievement furnisher in each zone (even DLC ones), and each offers zone-specific items. Lots of cool stuff to choose from.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 7 2017, 04:15 AM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

Party at mALX's!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 7 2017, 04:33 AM
Post #71

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 6 2017, 09:33 PM) *

monkey, I love Strident Springs. It combines my favorite architecture with my favorite outdoor setting.

mALX, congratulations! I'm glad you got the Hunding house, it's the one that you have sounded the most enthusiastic about. I'm looking forward to visiting!

Exciting! biggrin.gif

Yeah, i was really torn over how high it was in Gold in spending that much - it would have left me broke in both Gold and Crowns furnishing it. This way I've got some Crowns left and all that gold I had built up - I feel much better about the whole thing now!

And you are right, I don't think I would have been as happy with any other place. There were several I liked, just not as much.

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 6 2017, 10:04 PM) *

I'll definitely pop over and visit, mALX! My house permissions are also open, so anyone can drop by whenever they like.

I went for unfurnished with Humblemud, so I'm hunting down furniture blueprints. There's a 'Mimic Hist Tree' for sale at the furnisher in Shadowfen - Haa-Rei NEEDS that in his garden. Ciri also wants an Auridon cherry tree, so that goes on the shopping list too.

I've found that there is a regular furnisher and achievement furnisher in each zone (even DLC ones), and each offers zone-specific items. Lots of cool stuff to choose from.

I want that Hist tree too, whether it goes with my desert motif or not, lol. They have some totally Awesome stuff for the Achievements, I could most def go broke buying them! Lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 7 2017, 04:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 7 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #72

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm legit considering buying a furnished house with Crowns. I'm probably going to wait for a sale, though. I'm buying Crowns for the Face/Body markings anyways.

Until I make a decision, I'm just hunting down furniture plans. I think I have enough to make a mismatched set of furniture now. I just need to farm for the materials to craft them with. Outside of surveys, the materials seem to drop from almost every other node for me, so there's that.

Some day will be move-in day.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Feb 7 2017, 02:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 7 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #73

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 7 2017, 08:51 AM) *

I'm legit considering buying a furnished house with Crowns. I'm probably going to wait for a sale, though. I'm buying Crowns for the Face/Body markings anyways.

Until I make a decision, I'm just hunting down furniture plans. I think I have enough to make a mismatched set of furniture now. I just need to farm for the materials to craft them with. Outside of surveys, the materials seem to drop from almost every other node for me, so there's that.

Some day will be move-in day.

D'AAAAWWW!!!!! That is AWESOME !!!! You have a great talent, I was instantly able to recognize your characters! (the armor on Jo'zira is the one worn at our last meeting!!! ) Amazing job!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 7 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #74

Mouth
Group Icon

I keep finding furniture crafting blueprints, but none of them are the ones I want so I just have to read them to clear my inventory. Is anyone after a specific racial style or anything? I'd much rather send this stuff to someone who will actually use it.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 7 2017, 07:26 PM
Post #75

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 7 2017, 11:46 AM) *

I keep finding furniture crafting blueprints, but none of them are the ones I want so I just have to read them to clear my inventory. Is anyone after a specific racial style or anything? I'd much rather send this stuff to someone who will actually use it.

Khajiit is doing the same. Just learning what he can.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 7 2017, 07:39 PM
Post #76

Mouth
Group Icon

I have specific decorations in mind, but honestly I'm just learning everything I find just in case I or someone else wants/needs it in their home. Options are great. Right now I'm mostly concerned with getting an Altmeri single bed in my Mara's Pub. I can currently craft only Dunmeri single beds, but I'm willing to trade a crated bed for it.

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 7 2017, 08:02 AM) *

D'AAAAWWW!!!!! That is AWESOME !!!! You have a great talent, I was instantly able to recognize your characters! (the armor on Jo'zira is the one worn at our last meeting!!! ) Amazing job!

Thanks. When the dl hit about 75% I got impatient and started doodling. Then the download finished and welp, had to run. :V

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 7 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #77

Ancient
Group Icon

I need these recipes/plans:

Redguard: Almost anything

High Elf: Beds, Dividers, Chairs, Stools, Benches, Desks, candles

Dark Elf: Carpets, stools, counters. candles

I have found a purple quality Wood Elf tent (plan/recipe) that I'll trade for something I need if anyone wants it. I haven't had as much luck finding things, but traded some stuff this morning for a Dark Elf wall shelf recipe/plan.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 7 2017, 01:39 PM) *

I have specific decorations in mind, but honestly I'm just learning everything I find just in case I or someone else wants/needs it in their home. Options are great. Right now I'm mostly concerned with getting an Altmeri single bed in my Mara's Pub. I can currently craft only Dunmeri single beds, but I'm willing to trade a crated bed for it.

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 7 2017, 08:02 AM) *

Thanks. When the dl hit about 75% I got impatient and started doodling. Then the download finished and welp, had to run. :V

laugh.gif Don't blame you there! But if that is just your doodling, you have an amazing talent !!! And I'm with you on the Altmer beds, they are my favorite.

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 7 2017, 12:46 PM) *

Yeah, I have been having trouble finding many plans, I just keep finding provisioning recipes! Sounds like you are having better luck than me, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 7 2017, 07:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 7 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #78

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 7 2017, 07:39 PM) *

Right now I'm mostly concerned with getting an Altmeri single bed in my Mara's Pub.

That was one of the blueprints I read to clear space. I could craft you one once I have the materials.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 7 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #79

Councilor
Group Icon

Even Eolan is smiling! wub.gif

Now that I’ve checked out some houses in person I find that I love the smaller ones. The fireplace is the most important feature, according to Jerric. Autumn’s Gate looks like the unfurnished version comes with a fire already in place. I wonder if that’s for real or a mistake.

Jerric is going about business as usual since Pog is too low level to craft much furniture yet. So far he has found two furniture plans. The materials seem to drop at a decent rate, which is a relief.

Does anyone have a working fire yet? I am confused because some of them look great while others look like only glowing coals and give off very little light. I wonder if they have an on/off like the candles, or if some of the fires just aren’t very nice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 7 2017, 11:49 PM
Post #80

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 7 2017, 05:27 PM) *

Even Eolan is smiling! wub.gif

Now that I’ve checked out some houses in person I find that I love the smaller ones. The fireplace is the most important feature, according to Jerric. Autumn’s Gate looks like the unfurnished version comes with a fire already in place. I wonder if that’s for real or a mistake.

Jerric is going about business as usual since Pog is too low level to craft much furniture yet. So far he has found two furniture plans. The materials seem to drop at a decent rate, which is a relief.

Does anyone have a working fire yet? I am confused because some of them look great while others look like only glowing coals and give off very little light. I wonder if they have an on/off like the candles, or if some of the fires just aren’t very nice.

Both. There are fires that are just glowing embers, and fires that are good fires for a fireplace - and can be toggled off so they aren't as bright; the flames go down close to the wood and don't throw off as much light. I think the difference may possibly be between 50 crowns and 10 crowns on the fire or without fire, unless prices have changed from the PTS server.

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:13 AM