2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Anniversary Edition
Pseron Wyrd
post Aug 20 2021, 12:52 AM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

Skyrim is getting a free fishing update and a new Anniversary Edition in November
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 20 2021, 01:22 AM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Good to know! Thanks for sharing. I wonder how it will play with mods - will it accept SE mods or need its own special mods.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Aug 20 2021, 02:29 AM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 19 2021, 08:22 PM) *

I wonder how it will play with mods - will it accept SE mods or need its own special mods.

Mods that work with Special Edition will work on the Anniversary Edition as well. There will be no need to port mods this time. smile.gif
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 20 2021, 12:57 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Should we read this as “TES VI is delayed”?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Aug 20 2021, 02:11 PM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 20 2021, 07:57 AM) *

Should we read this as “TES VI is delayed”?

I have no insider information on schedules, but I don't see why this would be the case. Fallout 76 and Starfield were not delayed because of Skyrim Special Edition. And Skyrim Special Edition required a lot more work than Skyrim Anniversary Edition.

It's probably best to think of Skyrim Anniversay Edition as we would a GOTY: the existing game bundled with a few extras.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Aug 20 2021, 02:11 PM
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 20 2021, 02:11 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 20 2021, 07:57 AM) *
Should we read this as €œTES VI is delayed€?

I think it's more "Microsoft says we don't need to push Creation Club anymore, so here is all of the good stuff from it in a new edition meant for PS5 and Xbox (whatever the new version is called; their naming conventions suck). Oh, and it's free".

This post has been edited by Kane: Aug 20 2021, 02:11 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 20 2021, 02:32 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

Bahahaha, here we go again. Honestly, I’m hoping that Microsoft will bend some resources to remastering the older games.

Also, does this mean we will need yet another script extender for running mods requiring such?

*Edit*
Derp. It appears my question was answered already. What I get for not reading thoroughly.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 20 2021, 03:00 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 20 2021, 03:12 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Just blame it on right-facing Khajiit. biggrin.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 20 2021, 03:15 PM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 20 2021, 09:12 AM) *

Just blame it on right-facing Khajiit. biggrin.gif

We killed him years ago.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 20 2021, 03:21 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 20 2021, 03:22 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Aug 20 2021, 09:21 AM) *

sad.gif

Lol

IPB Image

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Adella
post Aug 21 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #12

Evoker

AE is a cash grab by Bethesda plain and simple. They know the fans will be eager to pay yet again for another very slightly different version.

So….Lets see then….10 million customers x 30 bucks a throw = Shedloads of easy cash!

Well, they might not hook 10M this time around, but it will be more than enough to make the bait worth making.

Mods:

I doubt we can simply eject the SE disk and load in the AE disk without affecting our current LO or mod Reserve on console.

And no….A console user can not simply reload the desired mods again.
Most of us who have played Skyrim on console for years have a large number of treasured, but now ‘greyed out’, mods which are unavailable for re-download.

I won’t be destroying my game for the ability to use CC stuff I never wanted in the first place….

A.

This post has been edited by Adella: Aug 21 2021, 12:56 PM
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 23 2021, 03:12 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Is it possible to somewhere buy Skyrim Legendary Edition (online version)? On Steam there's only the default Skyrim version and the Special Edition. I have some saves that are compatible with the legendary edition but because of the disk crash a few years ago I didn't get around to restoring that Skyrim version. But now I don't find the LE to be still available.

I assume that saves made on "regular" Skyrim still aren't compatible with SSE, right?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 23 2021, 03:18 PM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

I bought Skyrim LE just a few months ago. What I did was I bought a PC DVD disk, but that doesn't actually contain Skyrim. It contains the correct version of Steam though and a code, so once you install that, it takes you to the server and you download Skyrim LE. I don't remember exactly, but I think Steam wasn't offering LE on regular downloads at the time either, but it worked this way. I also downloaded the corresponding Creation Kit.

EDIT: Just checked on Steam - activated May 4. So this is definitely still working through them.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/Th...rolls_V_Skyrim/

It also says this:

Notice: At the request of the publisher, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is unlisted on the Steam store and will not appear in search.

However, I can still buy another copy for a friend. biggrin.gif Main game - £10, Soundtrack only - £13. I am not kidding! ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Sep 23 2021, 03:31 PM

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 23 2021, 05:30 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Is Lopov going to be playing some Skyrim this autumn? That would be so ridiculously radical & awesome, if so. I'll be playing, Kane is playing, Phon is playing... Lena's playing too, right Lena? cool.gif

I only mention this because over the years, I've been the only one in Skyrim here at Chorrol. sad.gif In a way this is good. I finally focused last winter and 2020 is the year I finally finished Skyrim's Main Quest. blink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Sep 23 2021, 05:36 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

I am not sure whether I'll be playing Skyrim yet, but it might happen. Lena is going to Skyrim shortly, but it is still within Oblivion. blink.gif I suppose if I get disappointed with it, I might switch to Skyrim, we'll see. There's future in Skyrim though, but a bit further on - and I mean the Skyrim game. However, never mind the main quest or the civil war - we have no intention to tackle those! laugh.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 23 2021, 05:49 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 23 2021, 06:30 PM) *
Is Lopov going to be playing some Skyrim this autumn?

Not sure yet, my little rebellion. laugh.gif

Thanks for your help, Lena! goodjob.gif

The thing is that I was sure that I bought / got Skyrim LE on Steam years ago, so I thought that it'd remain in my library despite it not being any longer available for official download. But it's gone.

Then again, a sole thought of setting up all mods again and making the game compatible with my previous characters (Sybil & Souissi) is kinda "depressing". With my limited time for gaming I'm these days not prepared to spend lots of time for setting up mods correctly, so if I return to Skyrim, it'll probably be Skyrim Special Edition with some completely fresh character.

Those that know me, know by now that my ideas for switching games often come suddenly. I might have been playing some game for a long time only to switch to another game in a matter of hours, completely abandoning the previous game. Well after the disk crash a few years ago this is no longer possible, because I didn't yet re-install Skyrim on my current laptop, the only game that I reinstalled in full and equipped with mods is New Vegas.

Anyway, what inspired me to potentially return to Skyrim, happened yesterday while playing ESO, namely during the quest The Hulkynd's Heart.

After some quick lore search I found this:

Hulkynd

Broken child; refers to Altmeri children abandoned by their parents because of their imperfection, such as physical deformity[27] (cf. Ayleidoon "kynd"—"child")

So if I return to Skyrim, my character will probably be a Hulkynd. I might start with a mod-free game and add them slowly as I progress.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 23 2021, 05:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 23 2021, 08:06 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes that is true Lopov, you do switch from one game to another rather abruptly. unsure.gif And then you'll usually only focus on that one game / character for awhile. I Hope you come to Skyrim, but then this means you'd abandon Shonta, which means Anita won't be able to meet up with him if I start ESO again. It's no biggie though. Do as you wish.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Hulkynd part, but guess we'll find out soon.

Little rebellion! laugh.gif Can't believe you remember that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Sep 23 2021, 08:13 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 23 2021, 09:06 PM) *

Yes that is true Lopov, you do switch from one game to another rather abruptly. unsure.gif And then you'll usually only focus on that one game / character for awhile. I Hope you come to Skyrim, but then this means you'd abandon Shonta, which means Anita won't be able to meet up with him if I start ESO again. It's no biggie though. Do as you wish.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Hulkynd part, but guess we'll find out soon.

Little rebellion! laugh.gif Can't believe you remember that.

I want to see first if SSE will be offered for a discount on Steam. laugh.gif I heard of Hulkynds for the first time in ESO and it immediately got my attention. They appear to be High Elves that were shortly after the birth cast away from their families because they were deformed (bodily) in some way. The one that you meet in ESO, is a mercenary and accepts various tasks, among them also some shady ones, so a mercenary with a gray morale would be a perfect returnee to Skyrim.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 24 2021, 12:34 AM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

[quote name='Lopov' date='Sep 23 2021, 03:13 PM' post=so a mercenary with a gray morale would be a perfect returnee to Skyrim.
[/quote]

This does sound good I agree.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:40 AM