Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Inheritance Chapter Three
Zarrexaij
post Jun 10 2005, 04:49 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

I'll get some more comin' soon. Y'all just sit here and wait as I post more stuff. I won't edit this post to add more, though. I'll just post it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inheritance
Chapter Three: Bark and Bite

Zarrexaij had just entered the famed meadhall of Thirsk when he had heard the guttural, accent-rich voice of a Nord barbarian.

“I heard from Isralla th’ other day there’s a werewolf runnin’ ‘round here. She said the wolf was unusual. He had jet black fuir and was ‘bout twice the size of a normal werwolf. She saw its shadow at the highest peak of Moesring Mountain barkin’ and howlin’ at the full moon. Somehow, the unholy beast saw her, and slid down the mountain sides t’wards her. Isralla reported that it seemed unusually intelligent... and, well... insane. Said it made strange sounds that sounded like laughter. Then, it disappeared into the night. That’s a bad sign. If it’s any smarter than the average werewolf, we have trouble on our hands.”

Zarrexaij was tempted to flee the place. He was a newcomer, and suspected they would find him a bit suspicious. Afterall, he was pretty damn tall, and his scales were darker than ebony. But... they couldn’t, shouldn’t, wouldn’t ever know the truth. Taking a deep breath, he gingerly closed the meadhall’s doors and stepped towards the group of Nords. They turned towards him, and were shocked to see such an unusual creature so far up north.

“What are ye, an overgrown Argonian?” the first one, a tubby, dirty blond headed male Nord interrogated him, cocking his broad head at the half-Rapthyr. Zarrexaij calmly, too calmly, answered, “No. I am a half-Black Rapthyr.” A second Nord, a tall strawberry blond with a little bit of facial hair, lifted an eyebrow.

“Ne’er heard of such a thing.” Zarrexaij laughed. He wasn’t surprised at all. Not that he thought they were completely incompetant, it was just that Black Rapthyrs were a dying breed. With an offended look on his face, the second Nord then riposted, “What’s so funny, eh?” Zarrexaij looked at him square in his blue-gray eyes. “I’m not surprised that you have not heard of the Black Rapthyrs before,” Zarrexaij replied ,“I just find it amusing. I apologize.” The Nord gave him a slow, pensive nod. The Nord’s eyes darted around for a few minutes before asking the bundled-up Rapthyr, or, rather, half-Rapthyr, another question. “What brings ye up this far, half... Rapthyr?” Zarrexaij thought for a second. Why was he here? Oh, that’s right. “I’m up here because,” Zarrexaij paused, gathering his scattered thoughts together in an organized way, “I like the forests and snow. It’s a bit of a ‘vacation’ for me. This place reminds me of Blacklight with the snow and all.” He chuckled heartedly, smiling at the memories that were more than five hundred years old.

“Oh, ye are from mainland Morrowind? Interestin’,” the Nord said it sincerely, swallowing saliva in his throat and causing his larynx to bob a little. The half-Rapthyr obsessively smoothed out his thick robe he bought from a trader in Khuul. Supposedly, it was made from furs of wolves. He thought the robe was a little... soft to be wolf fur. “I take it you don’t get much action up here? You Nords seem a bit bored,” Zarrexaij spoke loudly. His oddly beautiful voice jingled in the room as bells. The Nord gave him a half smile, “Not much. We drink. We be merry. Occasionally, we get a werewolf sightin’ or two back near the Moestring Mountains. I think it has to due with the Bloodmoon. So many bad omens have appeared here and there. It’s worryin’. Now, all we need is some damned witches and we’ll be complete.” The Nord chortled nervously. It was almost as if they were suffering greatly. They probably needed a good laugh.

This all happened a few weeks later when Zarrexaij had noticed something odd about the moons. It just so happened he was, unbeknowst to himself, about to be a part of something important again

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Zarrexaij   Inheritance Chapter Three   Jun 10 2005, 04:49 AM
Zarrexaij   Zarrexaij was woken up in his abode of Bal Isra by...   Jun 10 2005, 05:48 AM
Zarrexaij   "Muthsera, I am deeply sorry for our late arrival,...   Jun 11 2005, 03:25 AM
gamer10   I'm reading it now, and from the first two paragra...   Jun 11 2005, 03:34 AM
Andric   Cant wait to hear more.   Jun 11 2005, 04:19 AM
Zarrexaij   Zarrexaij slowly lifted his eyelids. Not much t...   Jun 12 2005, 12:41 AM
MerGirl   Very interesting... I wonder what's he going to as...   Jun 12 2005, 02:05 AM
Zarrexaij   "Go ahead and question me. While you are at it, s...   Jun 12 2005, 03:11 AM
jonajosa   Very glad to see you still writing. Good as ever. ...   Jun 19 2005, 02:43 PM
Zarrexaij   It was now the second day of the apparent "infecti...   Jun 20 2005, 09:21 PM
Konradude   Ack! It is too intlelectul for me!!!! Is there a c...   Jun 20 2005, 09:23 PM
Zarrexaij   Maaaaybe. :paperbag2:   Jun 20 2005, 09:24 PM
Konradude   [quote="Zarrexaij"] He noticed Sheogorath was hol...   Jun 20 2005, 09:27 PM
Zarrexaij   Many great writers start sentences with conjunctio...   Jun 20 2005, 09:32 PM
Aki   Hehe. Quill-based mischeif. :D   Jun 20 2005, 09:33 PM
Zarrexaij   And you guys thought possessed girls were fun. :P   Jun 20 2005, 09:34 PM
Aki   And you guys thought possessed girls were fun. :P...   Jun 20 2005, 09:53 PM
Zarrexaij   "Since you don't appear to be foaming at the mouth...   Jun 25 2005, 03:47 AM
Fuzzy Knight   Nice written Zarrex... :goodjob: Like they way u w...   Jun 25 2005, 11:47 AM
Mazuk   Nice writing and with that "He looks around shakin...   Jun 25 2005, 06:11 PM
Zarrexaij   Zarrexaij had taken a bath, and was naturally soak...   Jul 2 2005, 10:54 PM
Ze Milanio   I've read a little part (the beginning, actual...   Jul 9 2005, 10:30 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:42 AM