Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help! I can't find any lockpicks!, Um, duh, read the title ;-)
Hukai The Wandering
post Mar 25 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Just what the title says. I'm sitting here in Skingrad (paused of course) and I would like to break into someone's house. The problem is that I have no lockpicks and I only have a few more hours left to break in before the owner can cause problems. What I need is to know where I can find someone who sells lockpicks so that I don't have to go off on an obscure quest into the dugeons of "Lockia" to find a lockpick.. smile.gif

So, anyone got any ideas? I'll wait here for about 5 mintues for a reply (can't break away from Oblivion for too long without getting withdraw symtoms biggrin.gif )

Thanks, Demented.

BTW: The those at Bethesda and all the other companies that made this possible. THANK YOU! FOR THE LOVE OF (Insert Diety's Name Here) THANK YOU! *Breaks down into joyful sobbing*

I had to copy/paste cause right before I tried to submit this to the Elderscrolls fourm they went into maintanice(SP?) and I couldn't get it asked...

EDIT: By the way, WHAT"S UP PEOPLE?!?! Hello to all who missed my pointless rambling. Unfortunatly I will be spending as much time as I can in Oblivion so no posting-whore for me today.. BYE!

This post has been edited by Hukai The Wandering: Mar 25 2006, 12:22 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Mar 26 2006, 01:26 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

Join the Thievs Guild......
It's 5 Gold a lockpick.....
You can purchase it from a ''fence''(A guy to who you can sell stolen goods).
And there is a small amount of lockipcks to be purchased from blacksmiths and other merchants.......Still i recommend you to join the Gray Fox,and than buy a LOT of lock picks.......A ''fence'' in bruma (It's Ogmar or something,he usualy hangs out in tavern)has 100 in his stock.....

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Mar 26 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Yeah If I could afford like 400 lockpicks at once I could probably make a good 15k in one night.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
bloodyfish
post Mar 26 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

You dont have to join the guild. At midnight go to theImperial city island (forgot name not magic place). Look around outside the wall for a guy with a torch. He sells them. Dunno if its only if you have the letter.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Mar 26 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Join the Theives Guild, and you can purchase lockpicks from Armand Christophe in the Imperial City Waterfront, or Ongar the World Weary in Bruma for the same price (but he can be bartered so you can get them cheaper).

Also, join the Dark Brotherhood and the khajiit in the Cheryindal Sanctuary sells them.

Otherwise, look in random barrels and you can find one or two, but I would just purchase them in bulk.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
HyPN0
post Mar 27 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(bloodyfish @ Mar 26 2006, 05:55 PM)
You dont have to join the guild. At midnight go to theImperial city island (forgot name not magic place). Look around outside the wall for a guy with a torch. He sells them. Dunno if its only if you have the letter.

That guy is a Thievs Guild Doyen.
You are talking about Armand Christophe don't you?

--------------------
''Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.''
- Albert Einstein

''One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.''
- Plato

user posted image
+Quote Post
Loki
post Mar 27 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #7

Evoker

Just do the Nocturnal mission to recieve the skeleton key, it boosts security by 40 and never breaks.
+Quote Post
Loki
post Mar 27 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #8

Evoker

you must be lvl 10 to do it though
+Quote Post
tommae88
post Mar 27 2006, 06:49 AM
Post #9

Associate

QUOTE(bloodyfish @ Mar 26 2006, 10:55 AM)

yeah, if you fast travel to the stable just west of imperial city, which i believe is called chestnut stables you can just follow the wall and you will find a guy who sells lockpicks in bundles of 30 for around $150, same as from the girl in the dark brotherhood when you finish those missions.

by the way, i absolutely despise lockpicking now, i swear i've went to these guys and bought 50000 lockpicks because i suck at it so much lol

This post has been edited by tommae88: Mar 27 2006, 06:58 AM
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Mar 27 2006, 07:16 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

I've found despite that my sneak and my security are at roughly the same level, an alternative to lock picking suits me much better. During the day before I'm about to hit a good raid (in order toa dvance to the next thieves guild quest), I wander all around town, sneaking, stealing people's keys. Once I have like ten I wait till night around 2 and just hit building after building finding I can get into most of them.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Volsung
post Mar 27 2006, 07:37 AM
Post #11

Agent

QUOTE(Loki @ Mar 26 2006, 05:05 PM)
Just do the Nocturnal mission to recieve the skeleton key, it boosts security by 40 and never breaks.

Then you can just do auto-attempt and have no skill at it. Um, where do I get this quest?

--------------------
Signature being redone
+Quote Post
Marxist ßastard
post Mar 27 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #12

Evoker

It's at the end of dirt path on the road out of Leyawiin, starting a ways North of the city and leading to the East.

Someone at the Leyawiin Mages' Guild can mark it on your map.

This post has been edited by Marxist ßastard: Mar 27 2006, 07:42 AM

--------------------
Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available.

- Benford's Law of Controversy
+Quote Post
Taistrv
post Mar 27 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #13

Retainer

QUOTE(tommae88 @ Mar 27 2006, 12:49 AM)
by the way, i absolutely despise lockpicking now, i swear i've went to these guys and bought 50000 lockpicks because i suck at it so much lol

Its all about timeing, be light with the lockpick, work it jently. Use all your sences to, a tumbler makes a slightly different sound when it can easly be locked into place, it will linger at the top for a half second longer then it normaly does, allowing you more time to lock it in place.

its sort of upsetting that someone with no security can pick a lock now, but oh well happy.gif.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:14 PM