Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Flying Bullets, Playground 1
minque
post Jun 24 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #101

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

Lexie smiled at Karelia, she had the experience that if you smile to someone unknown, he might hesitate to kill you for just the second you need to try to escape..

"Well a cigarrette would be great, if you can spare one....oh and I have a contribution as well!" She took out a bottle of whisky from her pack..

"I ...I kinda like whisky..." she mumbled.."For medical reasons of course..but..ah nevermind!"

Lexie lit the cigarrette Karelia handed her and inhaled the smoke, looking very content

"Hmm I probably didn't introduce myself very well..I'm Lexie Grey, but don't ask me where I'm from, because I don't know..ehh don't remember, all I know is that I once lived in a vault....somewhere!"

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 1 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #102

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

Karelia found that while she felt a bit sorry for Lexie and her apparent amnesia, she was also jealous. Jet provided a temporary relief from her constant struggles, but nothing as permanent or therapeutic as pure forgetfulness. Karelia found her mind wandering, thinking about how different she might be if her past had all been forgotten.

Too bad it's all still there.

She tossed her cigarette butt to the ground and stamped it out with her foot.

"I can't imagine what's takin' so long," she began, "I swear this guy was just waiting for us when we first came in, now I guess nobody can find him."

She wondered if she should crawl back under the gate before Gale did come.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 4 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #103

Master
Group Icon

Autumn

She appraised the young woman who'd stopped her. Hannah, that was her name. "I'll-" Autumn barely finished the syllable; she turned to see her father approaching through the alley. "He's here." She said instead to Hannah.
Gale strode toward them, his shotgun slung over his shoulder, carrying Autumn's bolt-action rifle in his left hand.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 4 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #104

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

She was confused for a very short moment when she heard a high-pitched 'ping' from the gate behind her. She suddenly understood when she heard the report of a rifle in the distance. Someone had fired at them and missed.

"Get down!" she said to Lexie and Jonathan. She crouched behind the refrigerator machine and loaded a magazine into her rifle.

"You both have guns, right?" It seemed like a dumb question as soon as she asked. Who traveled the wastes without a weapon?

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 4 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #105

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

Lexie jumped when she heard the ping..and did not hesitate when Karelia shouted at her to get down, she immediately hid herself behind the refrigerator

A gun? Oh jeez, I forgot...

"N..no...I don't have a gun" she said "anymore" she continued whispring

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 4 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #106

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan Guntherson

"Get down!" Karelia shouted all of a sudden as she and Lexie dove behind Frigerizer Z. Jonathan took one last sip of his beer with a raised eyebrow.
"Down? Why do y..." His question was cut off by a fountain of dust erupting at his feet.
"Yikes!" He muttered as he joined the two women.

"You both have guns, right?" Karelia said, already loading her own. It hadn't been a question, more like a statement. Lexie reluctantly admit that she did not, while Jonthan patted a bulge under his tattered labcoat with a grin.
"Why, I do have one. A fine weapon, one as lethal as the finger pulling the trigger." He boasted, pulling out the tiny .38 pistol as a pair of rounds impacted the bulk of the mobile refrigerator. In an instant, Jonathan's grin was gone, replaced by a scowl of pure rage.

"MY BABY!! YOU DARE TO HURT MY BABY?!!!" He roared, leaping out of cover and pointing his pistol in the general direction of the wastelands. He hadn't actually figured out yet where exactly the shots were coming from or who was shooting but at the moment, he didn't care.
"No one hurts FRIGERIZER Z and gets away with it! NO ONE!" He yelled and pulled the trigger. The answer was the sound of a hammer tapping an empty chamber, and a bullet taking off the man's hat.

Jonathan's anger had vanished as quickly as it had appeared.
"Oh, well that could have gone better. So umm...hi, mind if I join you two again?" He mumbled as he got back behind cover. He looked at his hat lying on the ground and sighed.
"So much for a perfect day."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 4 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #107

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

And I thought I was crazy. she thought to herself, wondering how she got into this situation. Her only help wasn't really much help at all. A girl with no weapon, and a crazy man with a useless one. She did genuinely like them both, though, despite their shortcomings. She just hoped they'd all live to laugh about it in a few minutes.

She rested her rifle on top of the machine and took a quick look at their opponents. Raiders. Nasty, disgusting, vile, raiders. She fired a shot and one fell to the ground, but the return fire forced her to get completely behind cover again.

Karelia pulled a pistol from her belt. She held the barrel, extending the handle to Lexie, who crouched beside her.

"If they get close," she explained. They were probably going to. There was no way that she could pick all of them off before they did.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 4 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #108

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

She held her breath, the last second's events stunned her. She knew perfectly well she was a drawback to the others, being without a weapon...and that very nice girl Karelia, whe appeared to be so perfectly self confident...and she knew exactly what to do..

And my gun's back in the vault, because I was stupid enough to leave it behind..or??? Did I really...gah...

When Karelia handed her the gun she took it without hesitation...she understood the girl, understood what she wanted her to do...

Question was....was she able to?

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Silver
post Jul 4 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #109

Evoker

Linda

The stuttering buzz of an energy weapon led an undertone to the high crack-crack of the Raider's rifles, as a glittering ruby cresent carved through the night, lighting the air with crimson flashes as she fired again and again, ranging shots as she depressed the trigger with both fingers.

Using this blaze of burning light as a cover, she rolled behind a fallen tree, letting the returned shots thunk into the thick wood, or scatter into the air above her head. Eyes alight with cold amusement, she waved at the others hiding behind the strange boxy thing.

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 5 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #110

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan Guntherson

Jonathan picked up a rock and weighed it in his hand, then dropped it again.
"Bloody hell, no way I can throw that far." He cursed under his breath and then gasped as he heard a sound somewhere between the crackle of lightning and the buzz of a radio.
"Oh my, what's next?" He asked himself as he peered out at the raiders through the underside of Frigerizer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 5 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #111

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

At first, she was taken by surprise by the sudden appearance of lasers cutting through the air. Upon finding its source, though, she heaved a great sigh of relief.

"It's a friend," she assured Jonathan.

She felt a bit sorry for the man's contraption, as it was getting pummeled with bullets. Better it than them, but there was so much fire being concentrated on them, she couldn't even get a chance to fire another shot.

Another joined the fight, this time it was the single guard atop the gate. It was a young man, and not an excellent shot, but she appreciated the effort. Maybe it could buy her a few seconds to finally get a bullet flying. It did, and the guard even took down a raider of his own.

She poked her head up, scoped in and fired. Another raider's head exploded, and she laughed as she ducked back down behind the fridge machine. Her laughing stopped though, when the guard fell to the ground outside the gate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 5 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #112

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

"Oh my God stop it..stop it STOP IT!" Lexie screamed as she saw the guard's head explode

She grabbed Jonathan's arm and cried out in agony , totally terrified and hysterical

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 5 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #113

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

The guard had fallen nearby, and Karelia was stretching to reach his gun. It was an assault rifle, and she figured someone could use it. Probably not Lexie, judging by her reactions. She seriously considered taking her pistol back.

"Not the time," she said, in a poor attempt to calm Lexie. Karelia was never good at those types of things.

Her task was difficult, as she was trying to stay behind the protection of Jonathan's vehicle while still getting to the rifle. She got a hold on the guard's boot and dragged his body closer. She could reach the gun, but couldn't pull it free from the death grip it was caught in.

"Persistent bugger," she commented to herself.

After a few yanks, it finally came free and she tossed the thing to Jonathan. There probably weren't too many cartridges left in it, but some was better than none.

"Sorry," she said with a shrug to Lexie. She knew the girl probably didn't want the body closer to them, but there really weren't many options right now. She waited for Linda to fire again and give her another free second.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silver
post Jul 6 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #114

Evoker

Linda

Crawling through the dusty grit behind the fallen tree, with patches of bark flying, following each burning tracer that cut the air, fortunately thier ill-maintained weapons in combinations with a lack of real skill stopped any from actually hitting her.

Reaching the end, the tangled mass of burned roots, perfect for her to slide the blocky muzzle of her rifle through and fire blindly, depressing the trigger and only tilting it in the general direction of the incoming shots, until the battery popped from it's holder with a metallic hiss.

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 6 2009, 05:51 AM
Post #115

Master
Group Icon

Jonathan Guntherson

Jonathan could do nothing but look on helplessly. He had no experience with situations like these and as such had no idea how he could comfort Lexie.
"Relax, it's all going to be fine. Now please point that pistol elsewhere, milady. I believe that it's lacking a safety feature." He spoke, while watching Karelia wrestle with the guard's rifle from the corner of his eyes.

When she finally got it free and tossed it over to him, he clumsily caught it with his free hand.
"Now milady, there is nothing left to worry about. FRIGERIZER Z is as durable as a concrete wall and there is no way they're going to get through with what they have, not at this distance. We're perfectly safe here. So umm....mind to let go for a moment so I can try out this gun?"

He turned his attention away from Lexie to inspect the rifle for a moment. It was a crude weapon, he concluded, and quite in need of some repairs, lots of cleaning and a few upgrades.
"With the right tools, I bet I could turn it into a fully automatic grenade launcher with water-balloon tracer rounds." He mumbled. Still, it would work for now. He popped open the firing chamber.
"I've got three rounds, here. How much do you have, milady Karelia?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Jul 6 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #116

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah

Hannah winced when she heard the ping of gun bullets coming from the gate. When the thought registered in her head that Karelia and the other two people were outside her eyes widened slightly and she looked at Autumn and Gale in alarm. "They need help, I think some super mutants or Raiders are outside the gate."

"They?" Gale asked curiously, raising an eyebrow.

"Karelia and the two travelers at the gate. C'mon!" Hannah knew it probably wasn't the best idea for her to order Gale around, but she cared about the people outside's survival. She saw Autumn open her mouth to say something, but then shut it and followed the other girl as she turned to walk away, grabbing her rifle. Hannah hoped she wasnt too late to save her newly found friend.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 6 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #117

Master
Group Icon

Gale

He tossed Autumn her rifle and unslung his 12 gauge. Haven's citizen's dispersed, not everyone was a warrior, many had to look to their family's own protection. Gale and Autumn exchanged a nod, the gate and anyone under attack from the raiders was their priority. Both followed close behind Hannah; when they reached the gate, Gale used the winch to raise the gate high enough for them to simply duck under.

"Autumn, use the guard tower to cover us." He told his daughter. She nodded and dashed up the ramp to the tower. Turning to Hannah, Gale said. "You might need to point out the travelers from the Raiders. Lead the way." The captain gestured under the gate.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 6 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #118

Councilor
Group Icon

Karelia

"Eight," she answered. There were three left in her current magazine, and five in another.

"But it doesn't help that I can barely get a shot off," she complained. Jonathan probably didn't hear it, as another wave of bullets battered their makeshift barrier, drowning out the sound of her voice.

I take back everything bad I ever thought about this crazy thing. FRIGERIZER Z, as Jonathan called it, was doing a fine job of keeping their bodies bullet free.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 6 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #119

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

Focus, Lexie, just focus, you'll be ok...Just remember how you got away...that day, do what you have to do, just do it!

She took a deep breath, let go of Jonathan's arm, sat completely motionless for a few seconds...Then all of a sudden she was calm and focused, she grabbed the gun as if she had done nothing else in her life and aimed thoroughly...

The FRIGERIZER really served as a good shelter, but Lexie did not really grasp that, she had kinda stepped out of her mind like being in trance..

She fired the gun and in one round she hit two or three of the attackers...then reload..

Lexie's eyes were totally empty....as if she wasn't present at all

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
seerauna
post Jul 6 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #120

Finder
Group Icon

Hannah

"They're behind the weird refridgerator thing. Don't ask I have no idea, I left before I learned what it was all about." She told Gale before getting on her stomach and inching forward, cautious of any incoming bullets. Hannah heard Karelia tell someone that it was almost impossible to get a shot off, then more bullets being shot off, probably from a pistol.

"Need some help?" She asked Karelia, trying to get a good shot at the approaching Raiders. Finally after a few moments of twisting around she managed to shoot down one of the Raiders.

"Yeah, you ever get that lawman guy?" Karelia said.

"Definitely," Hannah told her and whispered back at Gale, "A little help would be a nice addition, don't you think?"

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2024 - 05:23 PM