Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "servant" Mod, The ULTIMATE Mr. Belvedere of 'Oblivion'
Werewolfzz
post Jan 21 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #1

Retainer

“Servant” Mod – After 39 Response Posts (from which ideas were taken) and over 646 views, I believe this Mod is ready for implementation!

With having the Houses (one per City) and the Radiant A.I., I think it would be cool to Mod in a Character that "watches" over the place!!!

You could give the A.I. tasks like "lock the front door whenever it opens , then closes" so that your house is always secure (something that would be very important with the Ring Wraith constantly coming for you!!)!

Another good task would be scripting her as an alchemist so that she could use the ingredients in the house to prepare foods so there is always a meal waiting for you (maybe there will be a way to request specific dishes)

And with the Mod that sparked this idea (the one about the Blood Stains), you could have her remove the Stains from your clothing and armor/weapons, etc.

There are other things that could be modded in ofcourse,... like make her also an "Armorer" (can you see an Orc or Nord female Armorer... LOL) so that you can pretty much get all your support services done right in your own house!

Then there is the matter of making sure your Horses and dogs stay fed.... guess you better bring her home some EXTRA deer meat (and whatever the horses eat... LOL)... Or maybe just give her some decent 'Marksman' skills (or even exceptional skills so that she can double as a guard) and the tasks of hunting and foraging so that you never really know WHAT meal will be waiting for you!!!

Another one mentioned in these response posts would be to have the maid randomly redecorate the furniture layout of the house (but that might be too difficult to program in,... considering you might end up with the couch in the kitchen, or worse, blocking the front door!)

Anyhow,.... there are some ideas on that....

Any other tasks??

This post has been edited by Werewolfzz: Jan 21 2006, 01:10 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kris
post Feb 26 2006, 01:27 AM
Post #2

Retainer

Haha, I'd get this mod, I think it'd be cool to have my own bit-...Servant.

--------------------
AΠO ΠANTOΣ KAKOΔAIMONOΣ
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Feb 26 2006, 06:56 AM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

I thought this was all already posted somewhere else in here, so why is this a new and seperate thread, if there was something new which part was it again?

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 22 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #4

Retainer

QUOTE(jchamber @ Feb 25 2006, 10:56 PM)
I thought this was all already posted somewhere else in here, so why is this a new and seperate thread, if there was something new which part was it again?

Actually,.. You probably just saw one of the earlier thread versions of which THIS is the most current version

--------------------
+Quote Post
Arukardo
post Apr 22 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #5

Retainer

They good make it like the The Servant mods for morrowind were u hire a Servant that does a certain thing and then u taket hem to your house and they stay there and u buy food get armor repaired and all the junk but paying a few once a week to keep them to stay that would awesome

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 24 2006, 11:16 AM
Post #6

Retainer

Thats a "novel" idea Arukardo,... except that THIS particular Squire is the "End-All" of a Concierge.

Its nOT so much about having ANY servant,... but rather more about having this ONE exquisite companion and assistant!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Apr 24 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

My friend did a Outer Realm mod in Morrowind (only the Fire Realm works) where you can pick up a Dumner woman that organises u're stuff (puts it on shelves and tables, leaves things where you put them if its on a table or something things on the floor are put whereever there is space. If no space is availible she gives it to you when you talk to her.)

This post has been edited by DarkHunter: Apr 24 2006, 08:45 PM

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 26 2006, 07:24 AM
Post #8

Retainer

QUOTE(DarkHunter @ Apr 24 2006, 12:45 PM)
My friend did a Outer Realm mod in Morrowind (only the Fire Realm works) where you can pick up a Dumner woman that organises u're stuff (puts it on shelves and tables, leaves things where you put them if its on a table or something things on the floor are put whereever there is space. If no space is availible she gives it to you when you talk to her.)

How hard would that be to duplicate in Oblivion??

--------------------
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Apr 26 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

I dunno, he's the one doing mods. I'll ask him for you.

--------------------
A skull, some blood, and a flying mace. Not much to work with. ~Imperial Legion Captian.
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 27 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #10

Retainer

QUOTE(DarkHunter @ Apr 26 2006, 03:32 AM)
I dunno, he's the one doing mods. I'll ask him for you.

Thanks!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Apr 28 2006, 09:04 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

He gave me a load of programming talk then sent me away (sry didn't understand a thing he said)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 29 2006, 05:19 AM
Post #12

Retainer

QUOTE(DarkHunter @ Apr 28 2006, 01:04 PM)
He gave me a load of programming talk then sent me away (sry didn't understand a thing he said)

LOL :rofl:

Thanks Anyways!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 29 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

How about just improve the rosethorn manor servant already in place? Make her do more stuff. That'd be pretty easy. Currently all she'll do is give you pie or brandy when you ask.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Apr 29 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #14

Retainer

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Apr 28 2006, 10:59 PM)
How about just improve the rosethorn manor servant already in place?  Make her do more stuff.  That'd be pretty easy.  Currently all she'll do is give you pie or brandy when you ask.

Hmmm.... Sounds like that WOULD be alot easier!!

Would YOU be able to make the necessary changes to the script?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post May 9 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #15

Retainer

Losing Interest?!?!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post May 24 2006, 02:47 AM
Post #16

Retainer

BUMP!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Werewolfzz
post Jun 21 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #17

Retainer

Well it's been a month... any new interest by modders??

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jun 22 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Well I have never read this thread until now or looked into servant mods, but last night (how lucky!!) after bringing my mage's guild apprentice to rosethorn house I was thinking I could make a servant mod to add a little life to the manors. I ran through the scripts in my mind and here is what I thought of.
A estate/farm somewhere which trains peasants into servants in exchange for them working the farm and you can buy a specific servants for houses with the servant quarters upgrade (I think there is a global which tests what you have bought, if not it would be easy to make one) and you pay them 1 gold a day to stay around or else they will return to the farm/estate. You can also buy wives at any house you have a double bed, they will cost a lot more and be more useless (like wives are tongue.gif J/K), they will perform minor duties for the houses without a place for a servant to stay but at the more expensive houses they are "above" such petty work, they are purely aesthetic, I think sex mods are a waste of time because I have never seen one done well. And lastly, for those bigger houses which have a double bed, servants quarters and STILL another bed, then thats your bed for your Imperial battlemage, archer or knight, but lets face it, if you can get an Imperial battlemage, why would you want anyone else; mainly aesthetic, they will gaurd your place, mainly stand around looking kickass.

-Pay, servants and gaurds don't work for free, you load up their chest with money and 2 gold each per day will be scripted from the chest into their inventory (well actaully, 1 gold and a piece of food), you can pickpocket it back if you desire, but once they accumlate enough money they will each buy things to entertain their interests, like you may find a servant has bought a bow and he buys arrows to train his archery, or an imperial battlemage make potions in his spare time, or they may simply drink it away or hoard it until they can buy your manor off you and make you the servant tongue.gif

-Servants/not spoilt wives will replace any food, drink, armour hammers you have taken from your plate (or in the case of hammers, a shelf), at 8am in the morning, going off to the store and buy new supplies for a decent price from the money in your chest and replace the items, all by an incrediably simple script (if your a scripter and can't make it in your head, well then your obviously not a scripter).

-Wives will ask for money, you don't have to give it to them unless you want them to be happy and interesting, no such thing as devorce and it is expected of them to serve you no matter how much they hate you but they don't have to like it. But if you never give them the money for what they ask then they will be very boring, maybe they'll even cheat on you, they will buy books to read, jewelery to show off to their friends, clothing to make you love them, wine to make them love you and so on.

-Servants will go to shop at 8am then clean your house (aesthetically not practically, It is simple to make them clean it practically but it is very boring modding it), then they get off at 3pm and have their spare time till they go to sleep at 10pm, wake up 6, eat breakfast, go shop/clean. In their spare time they may go to church once a week (like your wife does), do previously mentioned things, wander around talking, go to the pub etc.

-You gaurd gaurds your place full time except when sleeping, but he may venture elsewhere to buy booze, mage's books or alchemy gear but he will quickly return, if there is room they may bring with them a target outside your house to train his destruction/archery/weapon, or train his magic skills in doors, read a book, have a drink or stand outside the front door to welcome you on return and talk to the local girls.

-Also you can dictate your servants and gaurds uniform, they may wear the local milita uniform, imperial legion uniform (with hood if battlemage), imperial palace uniform (with hood if battlemage), or plain clothing, servants you can dictate how expensive their clothing is, so they can look noble in their own right or a petty servant scum. If your wife likes you (aka you bought her lots of stuff, she is shallow) then you can choose her outfit, if she really likes you then you can ask her to walk around naked, in that case she will stay around the house, don't want the neighbours seeing, I can imagine a lot of people may do that, just an incentive for buying her lots, of course she is much more interesting when she doesn't lock herself in the house.

This post has been edited by Pisces: Jun 22 2006, 02:19 AM
+Quote Post
DarkHunter
post Jun 22 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

...Sounds like the Manors in Morrowind... except the servants do things besides selling stuff, and there's a wife to "Deal" with tongue.gif

zombie thread! (couldn't resist)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jun 22 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

Since somebody posted again I will make a new post rather than editing again.

Just to let you know, I wasn't saying I will do it, I was saying my ideas which I may do if ever I have the time, just don't expect me to do it, I have other things to do.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:33 AM