+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 28 2016, 12:48 AM
Post #82

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 27 2016, 11:58 AM) *
Pictures of all the houses have been added smile.gif

Oh, thanks for the new pix and letting us know about them!

The IC shack is wonderfully cozy and it's waterfront property!

The Bravil house is also very cozy and it's great to see how Lothie decorated it - brings back memories of when Buffy used to have an eerily similar house there in Bravil.

I really love the Bruma one because it is Lothran's primary home - and his attention to decorating there really shows.

Tent. What can you say? Convenient and dry! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Feb 4 2016, 12:36 PM
Post #83

Master
Group Icon

Bravil does look cosy.... Even for a town they smells like waste and mold and Skooma-suckers hehe.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 5 2016, 03:35 PM
Post #84

Councilor
Group Icon

Very nice house pictures. I especially like Lothran's Bruma house collections and decorations. Thank you for sharing them!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 5 2016, 04:41 PM
Post #85

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Im glad you guys like the pictures as much time has indeed been spent decorating smile.gif

Nowadays Lothran doesnt do much in the department, but I guess its because he likes how it is. As do I.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 1 2016, 09:09 AM
Post #86

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Dungeon diving

Like most characters out there, Lothran has always been on the sneaky side of things when it comes to dungeon diving. Early on it was out of necessity and because I, his mentor, have always enjoyed that gameplay style. Now its more out of habit and because I still like it. What he usually does is employ 60% Chameleon with enchanted trinkets with an optional Chameleon spell that raises it beyond 100%, although thats mostly not needed. Then when encountering a foe he summons his Spriggan friend and lets her and her bear have some fun while he sits back and enjoys the show. The reason for the high Chameleon is simply to ensure that the invisible orchestra that follows Lothran doesnt change tune tongue.gif

First exception:

Ive mentioned recently in the Update thread how he runs in, throws his Scout spell to attract those inside and then runs out and jumps up on a big rock. Then when whoever comes out he summons his Spriggan and watch the spectacle. This habit has really put Lothran in the same category as the classic warlock standing on a hill letting his minions fight the battle. While Lothran isnt evil it really is appropriate since he is Warlock rank in the Mages Guild. I dont know if this "stand back and summon Spriggan" thing comes from that classic image of a warlock or because either him or I have become lazy and cant be bothered to fight so much anymore, but I think it suits him. Not to mention its quite fun wink.gif

Second exception:

Sometimes he throws a long-lasting light spell and goes in with horns and trumpets. This is especially the case with Plundered Mine near Bruma. Theres just so much fun to be had with the goblins and how they focus solely on the Spriggan even though Lothran is standing right there, all luminous with his shield raised. This practice comes from one particular occasion when he wanted to see what he went for, so to speak. He wanted to use everything he had; potions, Great Powers, spells and weapons, and see how he fared against multiple (and tough) enemies at once.

Anyone wanna guess how it went? wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post May 1 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #87

Councilor
Group Icon

I agree, the wizard standing at the top of the hill (or standing anywhere) while not moving much is a classic mage-y, Hollyweird image. I've had a few who do this as well.

And yes, the "lots of light" method is great too. smile.gif I first tried this long ago with my paladin, Dyan phor a'Cauz. She would intentionally go into lairs while NOT sneaking, and using lots of light. Partially this was so she can see, but partially it's also to piss off the enemies who live in there. They don't want all this light in their lair!

Anyone wanna guess how it went?

I can't guess other than to say Lothie prevailed over all. But you tell us!

This post has been edited by Renee: May 1 2016, 02:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 1 2016, 03:43 PM
Post #88

Paladin
Group Icon

What a fun peek into some of Lothies tactics, trappings and thinking! smile.gif

I think Buffy can understand some of it as she has been known to buff her nails while in stealth as a frenzy spell causes foes to beat themselves up. Spriggans are so neat though and a summon who summons a summon cant be beat I figure.

Coaxing foes outside is pretty clever too.

The idea of just running willy nilly into a dungeon with lights ablazing sounds terrifying though! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 1 2016, 04:02 PM
Post #89

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 1 2016, 03:52 PM) *

Anyone wanna guess how it went?

I can't guess other than to say Lothie prevailed over all. But you tell us!

All I can say is, he was the only one leaving the cave afterwards cool.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 1 2016, 04:43 PM) *

Coaxing foes outside is pretty clever too.

Especially if they are vampires and its daytime biggrin.gif

I think Buffy can understand some of it as she has been known to buff her nails while in stealth as a frenzy spell causes foes to beat themselves up. Spriggans are so neat though and a summon who summons a summon cant be beat I figure.

Lothran never did play around with Frenzy spells and I dont think he will. Though I do like the idea behind it very much smile.gif

The idea of just running willy nilly into a dungeon with lights ablazing sounds terrifying though! ohmy.gif

I bet Buffy is proficient enough to employ a strong enough Shield spell to pull it off, but then again as a mystic archer that approach doesnt quite suit her. She does her own thing a lot better Id say smile.gif

What a fun peek into some of Lothies tactics, trappings and thinking! smile.gif

Always fun to learn how others work smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: May 1 2016, 04:03 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 22 2016, 12:46 PM
Post #90

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran in Shivering Isles

Long time no post, so here we go! biggrin.gif

Lothran has been to the Isles a few times. A good estimate would be four times, the latest I think was last summer. First time he went there could have been in 2008 or possibly 2009 and it was a blast to explore a whole new area again after having domesticated Cyrodiil. He did a bunch of quests, but as always ignored the MQ, and collected a range of things to take back home.
He spent a lot of time exploring both sides of the Isles and the towns, buying new spells, talking to new people and just enjoying all the things he saw. Traveling unfamiliar territories again really pushed both of us back to the early days of 2007 when we crawled out of the sewers into a huge world where we didn´t know what to expect.

Second time he went to the Isles he had a need to simply vanish, go underground so to speak. I think this was because of recent events in Cyrodiil. While not having become an outright criminal, he felt it was best to lay low for awhile and what better place to do that than in another realm? He took refuge in Hale as he felt comfortable there even though that settlement is not the furthest one from the Gate. This is what I remember mostly about this journey but as always exploring caves and collecting things was on the table as well.

Third visit was the one I reported from in a quite elaborate way, with each update having its own grand title like "Trail of a Madman", referring back to an episode from the original Wolfenstein 3D. Don´t remember much more about it so I´ll just leave it at that.

Last summer´s visit was because we both felt a need to tie up some loose ends. We needed to find an ingredient we didn´t have, pick up a few more things to complete collections, find items previously unfound and also to finish up the quest where we had to deliver an Elytra for Mirili. The reason we needed to do this was because she had been standing on Cyrodiil´s side of the Gate for quite some time and we thought that by ending this particular quest she would stay put in Highcross. Haven´t checked but I think she´s still there.

So there were a bunch of reasons to his last visit and since those have been taked cared of I don´t see when Lothran will return to the Isles. But I´m positive it´ll happen again eventually.

Mania/Bliss or Dementia/Crucible?

As for what region of the Isles Lothran prefers I´d say both. It can vary from visit to visit but overall he likes both regions equally. As for the towns; Crucible hands down. The layout and the stores are a bit more interesting but he likes it mostly for its bigger feel and the bleak atmosphere. Also, when he first got there he entered Crucible first and I think that might have left an impression on him. The Mazken do their part as well since they´re much more polite and nice to be around than the Aureals.

Better depressed than maniacal! wink.gif

Thanks for reading smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 24 2016, 02:14 PM
Post #91

Paladin
Group Icon

How fun to see another update to the neverending adventures of dear Lothran! I completely understand how he likes both sides of the island the same - as different as they are, they are both neat in their own way.

You are right that the Seducers are nicer than the Saints but Buffy's so awestruck by what she considers the Saints' beautiful armor and look that she prefers them despite their more haughty attitude.

Thanks again for the update! smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 27 2016, 03:59 AM
Post #92

Councilor
Group Icon

I still haven't had anybody ever go to the Isles. The part when he vanished for awhile, what was that all about?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 27 2016, 02:09 PM
Post #93

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 24 2016, 03:14 PM) *

You are right that the Seducers are nicer than the Saints but Buffy's so awestruck by what she considers the Saints' beautiful armor and look that she prefers them despite their more haughty attitude.

Well, she does look very good herself in that armor. Can´t deny that wink.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 27 2016, 04:59 AM) *

I still haven't had anybody ever go to the Isles.

Really? Bout time then, I say! smile.gif

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 27 2016, 04:59 AM) *

The part when he vanished for awhile, what was that all about?

If memory serves me, I think he had been doing some shady things and sort of felt an imprisonment was imminent and thus a preemptive escape was necessary.

As for what sort of shady business it was, well, I´m not at liberty to discuss that... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 27 2016, 04:16 PM
Post #94

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 27 2016, 09:09 AM) *

As for what sort of shady business it was, well, I´m not at liberty to discuss that... biggrin.gif

Aww shucks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 28 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #95

Councilor
Group Icon

Neat to read about Lothran’s different trips to the Isles. I also like both Mania and Dementia and don’t see a need to pick a favorite. Thank you for the update!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 29 2016, 03:00 PM
Post #96

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Aug 28 2016, 06:18 PM) *

Neat to read about Lothran’s different trips to the Isles. I also like both Mania and Dementia and don’t see a need to pick a favorite. Thank you for the update!

Thank you for reading smile.gif

I was surprised to learn that I hadn´t already written about the Isles.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 8 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #97

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Ten year anniversary

Blimey, krikey, O'Reilly. Has it really been a whole decade since I first started to play this game? Ten full years?
I suppose it has, judging by my join date at Bethsoft. I started to play in February 2007 and joined up in December the very same year in order to ask anyone who wanted to answer me how to fix the Abomb issue I had been suffering under for weeks, if not months. I tried to overlook it as long as I could but eventually I was desperate enough to start up my 56K modem and go online in hope to find the cure which thankfully I did. I remember falling on my knees and thank whoever was listening when the animation worked properly again... tongue.gif

Lothran was not called Lothran initially. I gave him my real name but after some time I began to wonder if he didn't deserve his own name as he had grown his own personality by this point, something I had not expected. I remember thinking about it at work many times without finding something suitable, but then one day it came to me quite out of the blue; Lothran. Of course! There it is! And the rest is as they say history.

We have been on many adventures, Lothran and I. Though in the beginning we were sort of confined to the Imperial City on account of the computer I had at the time. It could play Oblivion on highest settings in dungeons and in the City which looked amazing, but going outside the gates provided stuttering like nothing else and my only option was to lower the settings, something I did not tolerate. So, while waiting for better and better graphics cards and more RAM, Lothran and I roamed the City for weeks, exploring every nook and cranny and completing quest after quest.

While Lothran has visited the Aetherius plane once or twice because of my carelessness and I've had to do a few reinstalls for reasons I have long forgotten, I have not once restarted him. While different from when he woke up in prison he is literally still the very same character I started a whole decade ago, the only thing that has changed is the computer I play the game on. I like Lothran and the history we have and I wouldn't dream of starting him over, create another character or stop playing the game. It's all too valuable to me.
We have been through so much, done so many things and as long as I can get hold of a computer that plays Oblivion I reckon we still have many hours left together happy.gif

The unknown Dunmer
The now well-known Lothran
Adventure is always waiting for you to answer the call

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 9 2017, 01:30 AM
Post #98

Paladin
Group Icon

Yup, TEN years! And I started OB only a few months after you.

Lothie is such a wonderful character - both endearing and enduring. Long may he travel Cyrodiil! happy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 13 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #99

Councilor
Group Icon

Lothran was not called Lothran initially. I gave him my real name but after some time I began to wonder if he didn't deserve his own name as he had grown his own personality by this point, something I had not expected.

Holy [censored], Batman. Seriously, this is sort of shocking. ohmy.gif

I was also kinda surprised that you stayed in the IC for so long because of computing limitations. It's ironic, since inside of towns is usually where the framerates drop, not outside. Then again, there was no Better Cities or Crowded Cities back in those days, bla bla bla...and you probably don't have these in your game even now.

I really love that final shot of him by the sea.

I like Lothran and the history we have and I wouldn't dream of starting him over, create another character or stop playing the game.

Who's telling you to start him over? indifferent.gif I am guilty of asking for a second character, but it's only because I know how much seconds can enhance the experience of the first. Hard to explain. hehe.gif And no, I am not "going there" sir, I'm just explaining why I've asked this of you so many times in the past.

Anyways, here's a toast to Lothie. I'll be doing my 10th anniversary next year, October 24, 2018 to be exact.

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 13 2017, 04:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post May 15 2021, 08:11 AM
Post #100

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Our very own Renee Formerly Knowns as Gade the Third found the poems I wrote on the official forums about two millennias ago, or in 2012, one of them being the (in)famous Ode to Mud Crab! Instead of making a poem thread which I believe would not be long-lasting anyway I'll just repost them here for your amusement. Thank you, Renee! tongue.gif

The adventure poem

From north to south,
from east to west,
I wander while wearing my Huntsman's vest

This land I see,
so lush and free,
to roam beyond the mountain's crest

Invasion or not,
a sinister plot,
Lord Dagon the daedra has not forgot

A hero feels the call,
"The portals must fall!",
he cries out loud with great appall

To save the land,
he raises his hand,
and wields his sword and power so grand

-------------------------------------

Ode to Mud Crab

Mud crab, oh mud crab
hated are thou
Though you make me bow

Mud crab, oh mud crab
sharp is your claw
It is without flaw

Mud crab, oh mud crab
tasty is your meat
Over your feet

Mud crab, oh mud crab
you creak as you go
down with the flow
Away from your foe

----------------------------------------

Ode to M'aiq

A feline who is really fast,
he certainly won't finish last
M'aiq is his name!
His Infamy's lower than his Fame

They call him "the Liar",
and yes, he is not a friar
He speaks weird stuff,
his language; a bit rough
He says hands are for slapping,
and sometimes for clapping

If you want him to talk,
it's useless him stalk
He runs and leaves you behind,
with little or no words to find

He appears everywhere!
But where is his lair?
In Morrowind, Cyrodiil or Skyrim perhaps?
To bring forth the truth, be sure to use FRAPS

(I wrote this during work hours, so this one I actually got paid for!)

---------------------------------------

A short one

This game is as good as it gets,
I play it, and with no regrets.
I roam 'round the land,
with a bow in my hand.
In Arena, I place all my bets!

-----------------------------------------

Ode to Buffy

I know of this Bosmer who is really sweet,
she may not be tall, just a few feet

But she is a good friend and I'd like her to know,
that without her friendship, my life feels so low

She roams 'round the land with a bow in her hand,
with Superian, her friend, they stroll on Anvil's sand

This post has been edited by mirocu: May 15 2021, 08:27 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:17 AM