Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game of Thrones, *** Spoilers *** (and discussion)
SubRosa
post May 13 2019, 04:49 PM
Post #121

Ancient
Group Icon

This sounds a lot like season 3 of Penny Dreadful. It just went completely off the rails then. Like they fired the original writers and replaced them with a room full of monkeys with typewriters.

I guess it is kind of true. They were following GRRM's writing in the early seasons right? Until they passed the point of his writer's block (or whatever is keeping him from writing more books). Then the quality of the show's writers really became apparent.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 13 2019, 05:55 PM
Post #122

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 13 2019, 10:12 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 13 2019, 02:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 13 2019, 08:30 AM) *

“she's not insane and she's not a sadist.”-David Benioff.

She’s not?!

That’s what I’m saying! They threw character development out the window and just contradicted themselves. He said that about two years ago, and now we saw what Daenerys became. Jaime Lannister? They utterly obliterated how far he came as a character with his latest decision. I know for sure next episode I’m going to be sorely disappointed.

BOLD: I'm already there. I have been there since Arya and Jaime were both wandering those stairwells trying to get into the Red Keep and she never found him, killed him, took his face, reached Cersei with Jaime's face, killed her, and stripped off Jaime's face just as Cersei was dying. Jaime's and Cersei's death was so Hollywood it wasn't funny. D & D suck.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 13 2019, 11:49 AM) *

This sounds a lot like season 3 of Penny Dreadful. It just went completely off the rails then. Like they fired the original writers and replaced them with a room full of monkeys with typewriters.

I guess it is kind of true. They were following GRRM's writing in the early seasons right? Until they passed the point of his writer's block (or whatever is keeping him from writing more books). Then the quality of the show's writers really became apparent.

Exactly right; and D & D are the monkeys with typewriters. The worst part is, they can't even see how badly they suck at it because they managed to keep a great audience based on GRRM's great original story. I agree with you; GRRM's writers block and him letting them take over his story was the ruination of what was one of the most Awesome stories around.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 13 2019, 06:10 PM
Post #123

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 13 2019, 04:49 PM) *

Season 3 of Penny Dreadful was awful, more so toward the end. What happened to Vanessa Ives left me feeling bad for quite awhile.

They did. Season 1 followed the first book almost religiously, and the dialogue was taken straight out. During season 5 the show began to suffer from changes, and coincidentally that's when the books end. Characters who made wise choices in the past make odd decisions now. Superb character development was thrown out the window when characters quite literally return back to their former ways, and the level of contradictions are too numerous to even begin.

To add insult to injury, HBO actually asked the directors if they wanted more episodes. And they decided to just stick with six episodes and rush the entire thing.

QUOTE(mALX @ May 13 2019, 05:55 PM) *

She’s not?!

That’s what I’m saying! They threw character development out the window and just contradicted themselves. He said that about two years ago, and now we saw what Daenerys became. Jaime Lannister? They utterly obliterated how far he came as a character with his latest decision. I know for sure next episode I’m going to be sorely disappointed.

BOLD: I'm already there. I have been there since Arya and Jaime were both wandering those stairwells trying to get into the Red Keep and she never found him, killed him, took his face, reached Cersei with Jaime's face, killed her, and stripped off Jaime's face just as Cersei was dying. Jaime's and Cersei's death was so Hollywood it wasn't funny. D & D suck.

Jaime is like those people in abusive relationships who return time and time again to the same person, despite the countless times where they've suffered at their hands. He shouldn't have gone back. As for Cercei . . . everyone, including me, expected her to suffer a worse fate. She's one of the reasons her entire city got Spyro'd into Oblivion.

Daenerys character development was great until now . . . season 1 had her start from a fresh-faced timid young girl to an ambitious young woman climbing up the ladder. She's done cruel things and was capable of doing far worse, but her advisers always told her otherwise. Her main goal was to break the wheel of social injustice to save the kingdom from tyrants. While it is ironic in a way the path she took, it nonetheless is very dissatisfying seeing her go down that road. You can say she's just like her dad now, fulfilling his mad ranting about "burning them all."

Jon and Rhaegar are one in the same. Decent people with good morals caught up in bad situations.

Should I be worried about D&D taking the helm for the new Star Wars movies/shows?

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 13 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #124

Ancient
Group Icon

Definitely echo what you folks are saying about Penny D. Khajiit loves that show, but the last season was a complete let down. The first half of that season seemed to be building up to something awesome and then the second half was like they just gave up and wanted it over. Episode 4 of that season, “A Blade of Grass”, was (imo) one of the best episodes of TV I’ve ever seen. After that, the show nose dived to it’s disappointing conclusion.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post May 13 2019, 10:38 PM
Post #125

Master
Group Icon

Dany out here being a queen, dark and beautiful and much more terrible than the Night. Tempestuous as the Sea and stronger than the foundations of the Red Keep. All did not love her so she despaired.

Hela to Dany, if she watches GoT’s latest abomination: “Ugh, now you remind me of [your] dad.”

Seriously, take me back to Season 1 where Bobby B was the king. Take me back, babes, take me back...

EDIT:

This post has been edited by Uleni Athram: May 13 2019, 10:44 PM

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 14 2019, 12:01 AM
Post #126

Master
Group Icon

I can imagine Robert Baratheon in the afterlife screaming at Ned.

“I warned you this would happen, back in the North. I warned you, but you didn't care to hear!”

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 14 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #127

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ May 13 2019, 04:38 PM) *

Dany out here being a queen, dark and beautiful and much more terrible than the Night. Tempestuous as the Sea and stronger than the foundations of the Red Keep. All did not love her so she despaired.

Hela to Dany, if she watches GoT’s latest abomination: “Ugh, now you remind me of [your] dad.”

Seriously, take me back to Season 1 where Bobby B was the king. Take me back, babes, take me back...

EDIT:

Big Bobby B!!

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 14 2019, 12:48 AM
Post #128

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 13 2019, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 13 2019, 04:49 PM) *

Season 3 of Penny Dreadful was awful, more so toward the end. What happened to Vanessa Ives left me feeling bad for quite awhile.

They did. Season 1 followed the first book almost religiously, and the dialogue was taken straight out. During season 5 the show began to suffer from changes, and coincidentally that's when the books end. Characters who made wise choices in the past make odd decisions now. Superb character development was thrown out the window when characters quite literally return back to their former ways, and the level of contradictions are too numerous to even begin.

To add insult to injury, HBO actually asked the directors if they wanted more episodes. And they decided to just stick with six episodes and rush the entire thing.

QUOTE(mALX @ May 13 2019, 05:55 PM) *

She’s not?!

Jaime is like those people in abusive relationships who return time and time again to the same person, despite the countless times where they've suffered at their hands. He shouldn't have gone back. As for Cercei . . . everyone, including me, expected her to suffer a worse fate. She's one of the reasons her entire city got Spyro'd into Oblivion.

Daenerys character development was great until now . . . season 1 had her start from a fresh-faced timid young girl to an ambitious young woman climbing up the ladder. She's done cruel things and was capable of doing far worse, but her advisers always told her otherwise. Her main goal was to break the wheel of social injustice to save the kingdom from tyrants. While it is ironic in a way the path she took, it nonetheless is very dissatisfying seeing her go down that road. You can say she's just like her dad now, fulfilling his mad ranting about "burning them all."

Jon and Rhaegar are one in the same. Decent people with good morals caught up in bad situations.

Should I be worried about D&D taking the helm for the new Star Wars movies/shows?

The day the books stopped and D & D took over; Tyrion never had another good line of dialogue. He went from being the cleverest person in the 7 kingdoms to being a slurring drunk without a thought in his head and making really dumb mistakes under D & D. And Tyrion used to be one of my favorite characters! (and along with Arya; was GRRM's too)

And I agree; Dani's development was Awesome until this season, then suddenly everyone is warning she is untrustworthy and POOF! She suddenly does a 180 and goes off the deep end! It makes no sense at all.

*SPOILER* (can't get spoiler tags to work)

Now I guess Tyrion is going to die since he released Jaime and the leaks predicted that would be his fate for doing it. sad.gif

And after ALL this; the universe bringing Jon and Dani forward to fulfill the ancient prophecies and save the world (then both Dani and Jon are useless in the war and Arya saves the world) = and now if D & D kill both Jon and Dani off from the story; then everything GRRM wrote would have been for nothing! They would have turned the greatest story written by GRRM into as exercise in masterb8tion.

I wasn't even going to watch this season because the leaks two years ago said Jon dies, leaving Dani pregnant by him = she dies and Tyrion and Varys raise the child in the Iron Throne; and their daughter is supposedly the "One the ancient prophecies predicted..." = which would be so much Hollywood sucky crap I didn't even want to see it.

Truthfully = I think that is what D & D had written, and everyone revolted so badly at it when it was leaked that they decided to change it. What they have done so far this season is at least better than that; but it is still predicting they both die = which again, makes no sense since neither has fulfilled any prophecy.

And = I saw 3 baby dragons and one large one in that intro sword carving! Who is going to be the father of those dragons if Dani, Jon, and Tyrion are all dead? The big one would be Drogon; where are those babies?

So right now I'm pretty ticked off at D & D's slaughter of a good story. If they are taking over Star Wars; I won't be watching them anymore. I'll boycott everything D & D do if they screwed up GoT this badly.

*SPOILER*

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ May 13 2019, 05:38 PM) *

EDIT:

Cleganbowl is over now, though, lol.

Bobby B = rollinglaugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: May 14 2019, 12:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 14 2019, 12:57 AM
Post #129

Ancient
Group Icon

Can you guys imagine if Aerys had access to dragons? blink.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 14 2019, 12:57 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 14 2019, 02:44 AM
Post #130

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 13 2019, 07:57 PM) *

If D & D don't kill him off; he should have three of his own plus Drogon if the prediction on the carved swords is accurate.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 14 2019, 03:04 AM
Post #131

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 13 2019, 08:44 PM) *

If D & D don't kill him off; he should have three of his own plus Drogon if the prediction on the carved swords is accurate.

No no, Dany’s father Aerys, “The Mad King”. If he had dragons, there probably wouldn’t be a story left to tell!

Also, what are these “carved swords” you speak of?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 14 2019, 03:06 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 14 2019, 06:39 AM
Post #132

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 13 2019, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 13 2019, 08:44 PM) *

No no, Dany’s father Aerys, “The Mad King”. If he had dragons, there probably wouldn’t be a story left to tell!

Also, what are these “carved swords” you speak of?

Oh, I thought you were talking about Jon but using his Targarian name, lol.

Carved swords:

In the intro to each episode when they are playing that Awesome music they have always put a sword across the screen with gold carvings on it. It only sits there a short time; then the camera moves across a drawn map of Westeros to one of the seven kingdoms; then they showed a model of one of the cities whirring up; then they show another sword with different carvings on it; more of the map; then another city model whirring to life = etc.

Some of those carvings show stuff that has already happened; but some of them reveal secrets to something that hasn't happened yet.

Well, those swords seemed the same every season before; but THIS season they completely changed the designs on the swords; and the first episode of Season 8 the only city they showed was Winterfall; then they swept the camera all over the map but didn't open any other mechanical city model.

This season there are several that supposedly indicate the past; = like the one with the stag on the throne I think is indicating Robert Barathean - though technically it could indicate Gendry on the throne at the end, lol. (though I really doubt Gendry will seek the throne, or that even D & D would be stupid enough to stick him on it; lol).

But the final one shows 4 dragons = one really large one (I think it is Drogon) and three smaller dragons flying with him = not babies, but maybe yearlings?

Well, we know that when Mormont was traveling through old Valyria (when he caught the grayscale) with Tyrion that Drogon was there for some reason; but no one knows why. It was a LONG way from where Dani was; what was he (or she) doing there?

That was during the time in Season 4 that Drogon disappeared for so long and also during the time that Dani locked the other two dragons up in the top of that pyramid shaped top of her palace in Meereen.

Drogon only came back because Dani was in trouble = those people with masks attacked her in that fighting pit. Drogon swooped in and got her out of there = brought her to safety.

BUT = Normally she controls where he flies when she is on his back; but this time HE flew her where HE wanted to go. He brought her to a huge feeding grounds that he had been using during his time away from her. That showed he had established his own territory somewhere far away from her = so the question is why he had done that.

The theory is that he (or she) was starting a family of his/her own there in Valeria. (laying dragon eggs maybe?).

It was significant that they put those 4 dragons on the sword this season (AFTER the first dragon was killed last season by the Night King) = because that eliminated Dani's dragons from being the three small ones on the sword. (everyone was conjecturing that Dani was that large dragon = "mother of dragons").

Some other people thought the large dragon was "Cannibal" = that dragon that supposedly killed off all the other remaining dragons in Valyria's Lore. But since Dani was already down to two dragons by then, it couldn't be her three dragons.

Now she has lost another one; and Drogon is huge = so I am thinking Drogon is the big dragon on the sword; and that the three little ones are his/her offspring.

So anyway; that is the theory of why they changed the swords to show those three small dragons and one large one on that sword carving. I hope that he was busy in Season 4 laying eggs in Valyria; and that maybe three of them have hatched.

But if the leaks are right and both Dani and Jon Snow die; then who will be their human counterpart?

@ DE = if they have Jon Snow killing Dani like the leaks say = I'll wash my hands of the show. That would be the last straw for me on their flipping personalities. Because I still remember that Jon Snow couldn't kill Ygritte even when she was attacking his own men and killing them viciously; and even when she was attacking himself and trying to kill him. So if they flip him to where he kills Dani then it is totally against everything we know of Jon Snow.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 14 2019, 07:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post May 14 2019, 11:02 AM
Post #133

Master
Group Icon

@mALX: I know Cleganebowl is over but in our heart of hearts it’s still ongoing. Probably because it’s the only thing that was actually good in that episode BWAHAHAHAH

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Kane
post May 14 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #134

Master
Group Icon

https://i.redd.it/5clfwgi2z4y21.jpg

This post has been edited by Kane: May 14 2019, 01:33 PM

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 14 2019, 03:58 PM
Post #135

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ May 14 2019, 06:02 AM) *

@mALX: I know Cleganebowl is over but in our heart of hearts it’s still ongoing. Probably because it’s the only thing that was actually good in that episode BWAHAHAHAH

Well, I really did enjoy seeing the Dothraki horse charge through the streets.

I just think that after all the hype leading up to it; the Cleganebowl was kind of a "meh" moment they just threw in there; and really hate that they tried so hard to manipulate everyone into "feeling sorry for Cersei." All they did with that was tick me off that she didn't get an Arya face removing death; or at least a "toasted by a dragon" death.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 14 2019, 04:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 15 2019, 12:57 AM
Post #136

Ancient
Group Icon

Bran wargs Drogon. Eats Dany because she won’t burn. Bran leaves his broken human body behind and remains a Dragon for the rest of his days. The end.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 15 2019, 12:57 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 15 2019, 01:17 AM
Post #137

Ancient
Group Icon

I want mALX to write the show. More Arya wearing people's faces while assassinating folks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 15 2019, 01:42 AM
Post #138

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 14 2019, 08:17 PM) *

I want mALX to write the show. More Arya wearing people's faces while assassinating folks!

Yeah, why go through all that painful training if you are only going to use it once on Walder Frey? That should have been Cersei's death = Death by Jaime AKA Arya with the reveal right before her last breath!

Also, it would fulfill the prophecy by that witch who predicted she would be killed by her little brother. D & D obviously thought the fans of the show forgot that! (or more likely; D & D forgot it).

Seeing Arya kill Cersei with Jaime's face on is one of the man reasons I even watched this season! sad.gif

*mALX stomps off to a corner and sulks...*

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 14 2019, 07:57 PM) *

Bran wargs Drogon. Eats Dany because she won’t burn. Bran leaves his broken human body behind and remains a Dragon for the rest of his days. The end.

Not a bad idea; since Bran didn't even use all those powers to stop the war with the Night King. At least he could be good for SOMETHING other than telling everyone what they already know!

*mALX takes off a shoe, wipes it in dog poo, throws it at D & D*

This post has been edited by mALX: May 15 2019, 01:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 15 2019, 01:52 AM
Post #139

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 14 2019, 07:42 PM) *

Not a bad idea; since Bran didn't even use all those powers to stop the war with the Night King. At least he could be good for SOMETHING other than telling everyone what they already know!

Bran was even told by Bloodraven that he would “never walk again” but he’d be able to “fly” instead. Now, he has indeed already warged some crows and ravens, but why not a dragon too?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 15 2019, 01:52 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 15 2019, 02:10 AM
Post #140

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 14 2019, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 14 2019, 07:42 PM) *

Bran was even told by Bloodraven that he would “never walk again” but he’d be able to “fly” instead. Now, he has indeed already warged some crows and ravens, but why not a dragon too?

I know, right? I remembered him saying that too; and that is why I thought Bran would turn into a dragon and fight the Night King's dragon; but no! Maybe he can warg into a dragon and carry Dani to "Cannibal" and drop her off as a tasty treat?

But you could be right about him eating her, he did kill and eat when he was warged into a direwolf.

OH! What if he warged into a dragon already and HE is the father of Drogon's babies? BWAAHAA !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:18 PM