3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Blades, Spoil me please!!
Black Hand
post Dec 22 2011, 05:03 AM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

@ Captain: I'd fight at your side is what was inferred.

Though in my version of Skyrim events, Sethyas is also a Dragonborn and still alive...'far star marked, and Dragonborn'. Is he THE Dragonborn remains to be seen. He's definitely a nightingale though....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 22 2011, 06:38 AM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 21 2011, 08:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Dec 21 2011, 03:04 PM) *

But Tamriel needs to view me as its rightful ruler. I control the forces of nature with an alacrity that makes Kynareth jealous, and I could kill you all by raising my voice. So just shut up, sit up straight, brush your teeth, and help me get my F***ing throne f’Oblivion’s sake! bigsmile.gif

This made my day Cappy. Thanks.

Hey, it ain't delusion if it's true! Glad you enjoyed it, though I'm a little taken aback that you weren't expecting this.

I have been forthright and adamant about what I want in a Skyrim Expansion!

Oh, and Destri? Your skillful serve has finally been returned. Your move. laugh.gif

ROFL !!! And the match continues !! Loved every one of those Will as W's !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Dec 22 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 21 2011, 05:12 PM) *

Hey, it ain't delusion if it's true! Glad you enjoyed it, though I'm a little taken aback that you weren't expecting this.

I have been forthright and adamant about what I want in a Skyrim Expansion!

I do remember that thread! laugh.gif You are just dead set on getting into the Emperor's robes!( ohmy.gif see, now that just came out wrong!)

Oh, and Destri? Your skillful serve has finally been returned. Your move. laugh.gif

Sorry, Cap. Destri is pulling a McEnroe right now and staring down the chair umpire (Bethesda) for changing his mind on a previous call.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 22 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Dec 22 2011, 05:03 AM) *
@ Captain: I'd fight at your side is what was inferred.

Though in my version of Skyrim events, Sethyas is also a Dragonborn and still alive...'far star marked, and Dragonborn'. Is he THE Dragonborn remains to be seen. He's definitely a nightingale though....

Seth gets around a bit, doesn't he? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 23 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Dec 22 2011, 12:23 PM) *
Seth gets around a bit, doesn't he? wink.gif

You have nooo idea.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Why is he a Thief? Why is he suddenly less of an expert assassin? Well, he still has roughly the same morals 200 years later, and the Dark Brotherhood is an even more of a amoral outfit, so that's completely out of the question. There's even an Ex-Morag Tong (Which Beth either retconned or completely screwed up calling MoraNg Tong) Dunmer with the guild.

And he surprised Delphine, not the other way around.

"I'm part of a group that in ancient times were Dragonslayers."

"You're a Blade! I should have known.."

"How...how could you possibly have known that?"

"I was one once...many, many years ago."

Later in the Quest....

"You were a Blade once,...where were you stationed?"

"Vvardenfell."

"We haven't had an outfit there in decades! And I know elves live a long time, but you don't look old enough to even have been much more than a child when the Red Mountain exploded."

"The Nerevarine was discovered and placed by the Blades, I was...involved in his ascension. The Nerevarine also discovered immortality in an a disease that was wiped out two hundred years ago called Corprus. It defies both disease and age."

"That doesn't make sense...you both received it and were cured?"

"It makes sense, if the Mer who stands before you now is the Nerevarine. And I'm technically still Operative rank. You don't impress me Delphine, I slayed Demigods, and closed Oblivion gates before your great-great-grandfather was born. Even now, I still find my destiny is aligned with the Divine. Once Azura's chosen and Mephala's Agent, now I find that I am Akatosh's blood. I have met an Aspect of Talos, Mara and Zenithar. Now another ancient deity rises who is hell-bent on destroying the world? You fear it. I've been there, and done that. Perhaps you think me mad? Arrogant maybe? I see now why the Telvanni were so jaded."

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Dec 23 2011, 08:56 PM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 24 2011, 03:10 AM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

ohmy.gif biggrin.gif (twirly if we had one)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Dec 24 2011, 06:31 AM
Post #27

Knower
Group Icon

Destri: Ah, taking your confirmed heretic nature a little seriously? Sorry to hear. However, I'd like to point out that we now know just how Wulfharth blasted the Khajiit army: Force Balance Push!

You are just dead set on getting into the Emperor's robes!( ohmy.gif see, now that just came out wrong!)

You're kidding, right? Two Septim Emperors and a Mede got killed in those robes. And that's at minimum. It's the seat I want. Nobody got killed while actually on the Ruby Throne (except maybe the last Potentate, but he was Tsaesci, and doesn't count) and it seems a relatively safe place if I have line-of-site over the room.

Black Hand: I see Seth is becoming more and more awesome. But, if it doesn't quite work out for him (that is, he is Dragon-born in the more metaphorical sense and not Dovahkiin - Dragonborn! in the literal sense), I've got a proposal for him.

See, [Future Character by the Captain] hates the Dark Brotherhood. When accidentally running afoul of them, he was presented a most sadistic choice. He instead chose a Third Option (technically, a Fourth Option, since Option Three was part of this particular sadistic choice) and expressed his displeasure with the Dark Brotherhood rather effectively. Not completely, though, and in the process [Captain's Future Character] realized that somebody had it out for ol' Titus Mede II. Somebody on the Elder Council.

So, now he's got a problem. [The Captain's Future Character] needs Titus dead, but he can't be associated as such. This Elder Council member that wants Titus dead can be used the perfect "Man Behind the Man," but the actual execution is gonna be impossible to pull off . . . unless we can get a trained assassin to infiltrate the Dark Brotherhood, pull of the assassination, and then escape under the cover of a contrived Dragon attack that I intend to orchestrate to set myself up as a regretful hero that feels guilt over his failure to save the emperor.

Also, such a person would need to be extremely discreet, trustworthy, understand the regretful necessity of such an act, and be willing to call out [Cappy's New Character] if he ever contemplated an act of such a dubious nature again. The task comes with an automatic promotion to become the new Grandmaster of the Blades.

Up for the job?

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 24 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 23 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Black Hand: {snip} Up for the job?

Actually...that I could totally get behind...Because any Lore-Khan worth their salt know that the Night Mother is really Mephala, and not many people hear the Lady of Whispers these days.

I know what you're all saying: But that corpse-lady is totally talking to me! A-and Sithis!!

Well, here is a long-winded explanation....

Now that that is over. I could see Sethyas realizing the above after 200 years and wanting to re-establish her worship and to re-enact a certain level of honor within Assassins. After all, the DB and the TG are both 'universally tolerated' as they bring a certain level of control to these rogue elements that on the same note, are technically needed as well.

IPB Image

"This...Astrid. She is a representation of everything I am not. I hesitate to even call her an Assassin. Certainly she possesses the skills of one, she certainly exchanges blood for gold...but her true craving is power. She has reduced a former enemy of mine; one that I had equal respect as I had hate for, into a cave full of malefactors, no different than bandit tribe."

"However my centuries have granted me insights that few Men or Mer could begin to fathom. I know now that my passions were manipulated and used by the Lady of Whispers, as is her prerogative. But I have never strayed from her path. I believe she wants this Astrid dead, but in the most deceitful way possible. I believe that I am already within her web, a string as vital as any other."

"I also believe that I can restore the traditions and honor that once made an Assassin feared, rather than hated...so [future character] we have a boon. To eliminate an Emperor would please Mephala beyond imagining, the very mortal figurehead of Stasis on Nirn. And those fools who believe they worship Sithis...well, that I believe is her greatest accomplishment."

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Dec 24 2011, 06:46 PM
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Dec 25 2011, 04:57 AM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Dec 24 2011, 07:37 AM) *

IPB Image

Eeep! Hit the PageDn and I see this guy glaring at me from nearly the exact center on the screen. For a moment I could've swron the hand print was blood. ohmy.gif

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 25 2011, 06:29 AM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(liliandra nadiar @ Dec 24 2011, 07:57 PM) *
Eeep! Hit the PageDn and I see this guy glaring at me from nearly the exact center on the screen. For a moment I could've swron the hand print was blood. ohmy.gif

Sethyas Velas, Master Assassin, and formerly the Nerevarine, at your service.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 25 2011, 01:55 PM
Post #31

Councilor
Group Icon

So I finally got The Talk from Delphine. She was not very convincing. I thought that Esbern had more interesting things to say on the subject. He talked about justice, and my character went with redemption.

I wish they would have made a better case for killing Paarthurnax, or somehow made the choice harder. As it stands I’m just giving up my idea of what the Blades should be. I like the tough choices that result in some kind of loss. This was not one of them.

This post has been edited by Grits: Dec 25 2011, 01:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 25 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

Damned them annoying necessary character things...I went in, let Delphine and Esbern whine at me for a short while...Saved the game, then simply KIWWED THE BWAAADES!!!...huh-huh-huh... laugh.gif ...

Sadly they came back to life again.. kvright.gif ...

Idjots...Not a happy bunny...
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 25 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Dec 25 2011, 01:21 PM) *

Damned them annoying necessary character things...I went in, let Delphine and Esbern whine at me for a short while...Saved the game, then simply KIWWED THE BWAAADES!!!...huh-huh-huh... laugh.gif ...

Sadly they came back to life again.. kvright.gif ...

Idjots...Not a happy bunny...

You could try opening the console, selecting each of them in turn, and typing disable. I am not sure if they will respawn when the cell resets though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 25 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

Lol...Sounds like a plan!...Sadly PS3 though...

Cheers for the idea though... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 25 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Dec 24 2011, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 23 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Black Hand: {snip} Up for the job?

Actually...that I could totally get behind...Because any Lore-Khan worth their salt know that the Night Mother is really Mephala, and not many people hear the Lady of Whispers these days.

I know what you're all saying: But that corpse-lady is totally talking to me! A-and Sithis!!

Well, here is a long-winded explanation....

Now that that is over. I could see Sethyas realizing the above after 200 years and wanting to re-establish her worship and to re-enact a certain level of honor within Assassins. After all, the DB and the TG are both 'universally tolerated' as they bring a certain level of control to these rogue elements that on the same note, are technically needed as well.

IPB Image

"This...Astrid. She is a representation of everything I am not. I hesitate to even call her an Assassin. Certainly she possesses the skills of one, she certainly exchanges blood for gold...but her true craving is power. She has reduced a former enemy of mine; one that I had equal respect as I had hate for, into a cave full of malefactors, no different than bandit tribe."

"However my centuries have granted me insights that few Men or Mer could begin to fathom. I know now that my passions were manipulated and used by the Lady of Whispers, as is her prerogative. But I have never strayed from her path. I believe she wants this Astrid dead, but in the most deceitful way possible. I believe that I am already within her web, a string as vital as any other."

"I also believe that I can restore the traditions and honor that once made an Assassin feared, rather than hated...so [future character] we have a boon. To eliminate an Emperor would please Mephala beyond imagining, the very mortal figurehead of Stasis on Nirn. And those fools who believe they worship Sithis...well, that I believe is her greatest accomplishment."

Ah, the Acceptable Blasphemies - absolutely LOVE the Lore! Thank you for this, I would love to see a thread delving into the Lore here like they have on the BGSF !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 26 2011, 02:25 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 25 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Ah, the Acceptable Blasphemies - absolutely LOVE the Lore! Thank you for this, I would love to see a thread delving into the Lore here like they have on the BGSF !!

Danke, Danke. I actually learned quite a bit of it from there. Sithis was the hardest to grasp at first. Once I got a hold of it, I saw the connection the early Morag Tong made between Sithis and Murder, and the cause that made the act of assassination a 'holy' one.

When the Dramatic Brotherhood says: "Sithis IS the void." They're actually correct on that one. Sithis is the act of limitation that comprises one half of the Aurbis. But it is not sentient, alive, conscious, etc. in any way, shape, or form. At best the "Dread Father" is a anthropomorphic 'God' of sorts.

But you could destroy all of the Aurbis and Sithis would not be one iota stronger than it is now.

Mephala on the other hand...she does grow stronger with acts of intrigue.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 26 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Dec 25 2011, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 25 2011, 01:43 PM) *

Danke, Danke. I actually learned quite a bit of it from there. Sithis was the hardest to grasp at first. Once I got a hold of it, I saw the connection the early Morag Tong made between Sithis and Murder, and the cause that made the act of assassination a 'holy' one.

When the Dramatic Brotherhood says: "Sithis IS the void." They're actually correct on that one. Sithis is the act of limitation that comprises one half of the Aurbis. But it is not sentient, alive, conscious, etc. in any way, shape, or form. At best the "Dread Father" is a anthropomorphic 'God' of sorts.

But you could destroy all of the Aurbis and Sithis would not be one iota stronger than it is now.

Mephala on the other hand...she does grow stronger with acts of intrigue.

I learned more from that subsection on the BGSF than I did studying the Lore through the books and stories, I loved that whole subsection.

The most exciting thing for me was the debates people would get into on there, because each side would have a powerful argument for their interpretation. I actually used some of the debates themselves in my story to emphasize that the people of Tamriel each had their own belief as to how their history should be interpreted.

Whoever wrote the original Lore for TES was amazing (was it Tedders?).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 26 2011, 03:51 AM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 25 2011, 05:57 PM) *

It was in large part a group effort...however...the man most directly responsible, is MK. Michael Kirkbride. He wrote the 36 sermons of Vivec, and a large number of other books in Morrowind, as well as the The Song of Pelinal.

The KotN DLC was made in direct response to the lack of, and in some cases the outright butchering of Lore in Oblivion, (may the vile game be forever forgotten) especially an explanation of Pelinal Whitestrake, and the deep mythological past of Cyrodiil, and what exactly the Alessian Doctrines really were.

Theres even a book in Morrowind by: "Mikael Karkuxor" which is shockingly about lore. He also still posts under the handle "MK" on the Officials and typically his word is considered canon though he technically no longer works for Bethesda, he still keeps the flame going with stories he'll post, and explanations about new aspects of the lore.

And ninety percent of whats now going on in TES is based on his works, Dragon Break, Enantiomorph (Walk like them, until you become like them.) et'Ada. et cetera.

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 26 2011, 05:06 AM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Dec 25 2011, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 25 2011, 05:57 PM) *

It was in large part a group effort...however...the man most directly responsible, is MK. Michael Kirkbride. He wrote the 36 sermons of Vivec, and a large number of other books in Morrowind, as well as the The Song of Pelinal.

The KotN DLC was made in direct response to the lack of, and in some cases the outright butchering of Lore in Oblivion, (may the vile game be forever forgotten) especially an explanation of Pelinal Whitestrake, and the deep mythological past of Cyrodiil, and what exactly the Alessian Doctrines really were.

Theres even a book in Morrowind by: "Mikael Karkuxor" which is shockingly about lore. He also still posts under the handle "MK" on the Officials and typically his word is considered canon though he technically no longer works for Bethesda, he still keeps the flame going with stories he'll post, and explanations about new aspects of the lore.

And ninety percent of whats now going on in TES is based on his works, Dragon Break, Enantiomorph (Walk like them, until you become like them.) et'Ada. et cetera.

HA! Now I have to go back to the lore arguments I was most fascinated by and see if he was involved, lol. I remember his name, have seen it over at the Imperial Library. Thank you so much for the info!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 26 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 25 2011, 08:06 PM) *
HA! Now I have to go back to the lore arguments I was most fascinated by and see if he was involved, lol. I remember his name, have seen it over at the Imperial Library. Thank you so much for the info!

Just don't ask what CHIM is. It's been done to death. It's NPC's that have achieved transcendence. A circle sideways is an 'I' and Lorkhan never, ever forgot it. It's 'oneness' and also an inside joke with the Devs. Vivec for example has CHIM, he knows hes not real, and thus now exists.

Vivec is Vehk and Vehk (also called V'Vehk, which is where Vivec the name comes from.) VV is an upside down M, hence Michael Kirkbride is Vivec.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:25 PM