> Lothran the Nordic Dunmer, A recap
mALX
post Dec 10 2015, 09:57 PM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 4 2015, 03:16 AM) *

The Ayleid statues

Lothran has four Ayleid statues and theyre all decorating his Bruma home. He added one to his collection this year in fact but I dont remember where he found it. Another three statues are at Umbacanos manor in Talos Plaza so in total he has found seven out of the ten out there. Always awesome when theres more to be discovered, I never fully want to find everything as I always want something to strive for. Lothran doesnt dungeon dive as much anymore but knowing theres three statues left gives him a reason to maybe go check that ruin over there after all... wink.gif

As for Umbacano himself, well, he is now a permanent resident of Nenalata. Things didnt go quite as he had expected but hey, at least he gets to sit in the throne for all eternity laugh.gif Lothran was very much surprised when he found out the dark side of Umbacano as he had seemed to be such a nice guy before that. Always so friendly and welcoming. Always so generous paying up for every statue he brought to him.

The big battle that ensued deep in the old ruin prompted Lothran to take the Ayleid crown of Lindai off Umbacano as a reminder that even the nicest of persons can have a dark side to them and that its best to always be careful around even close friends. You never know who they really are deep down...

Wait, if Lothran only turned in 7 statues, how is Umbacano living in Nenalata? I thought he only went there after he got the full collection! Or, maybe you just get the 10,000 gold bonus if you turn all 10 in. (?)

I never knew you could complete the questline without finding them all !!! But if so, yes - awesome that one day you will find the others !!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 10 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #62

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 10 2015, 09:57 PM) *

Wait, if Lothran only turned in 7 statues, how is Umbacano living in Nenalata? I thought he only went there after he got the full collection! Or, maybe you just get the 10,000 gold bonus if you turn all 10 in. (?)

I never knew you could complete the questline without finding them all !!! But if so, yes - awesome that one day you will find the others !!!

Yeah, thats the problem. They are two different questlines actually and you can complete the Ayleid crown thing before you complete the statues collecting one, thus eliminating your chances of ever finishing it.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 10 2015, 10:23 PM
Post #63

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 10 2015, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 10 2015, 09:57 PM) *

Yeah, thats the problem. They are two different questlines actually and you can complete the Ayleid crown thing before you complete the statues collecting one, thus eliminating your chances of ever finishing it.

Aw, heck! Is it stuck in your journal? I always wait till I have collected them all, then sell one to trigger that quest to start. That way I turn in all the statues at once before starting the second half of that questline ("Nothing you can Possess"). I never realized you could end the second before the first was over!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 10 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #64

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yeah its stuck there but I dont care. The quest sections of Lothrans journal just collect dust now anyway smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 10 2015, 10:58 PM
Post #65

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 10 2015, 04:29 PM) *

Yeah its stuck there but I dont care. The quest sections of Lothrans journal just collect dust now anyway smile.gif

After getting the game on PC - I played about 5 games or so, then I spent most of my time in Oblivion playing with mods or modding the game myself rather than actually playing the game. But I had played well over 18 full games from the tutorial dungeon to finding every last wilderness chest on the 360 before getting the PC; and several games on the PC too before getting into playing other people's mods. Then when I started making my own mods - it kind of was all I wanted to do; make a mod and go visit it/play in it, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 23 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #66

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Hunting ogres in Pale Pass

Its now a tradition for Lothran to go to Pale Pass and hunt ogres on Christmas. Just yesterday he packed up his things and in the early morning he set out. He usually carries the same stuff every year; a frost enchanted bow with 40 arrows, Goldbrand and of course Snowflake, the present from Buffy happy.gif
He also carries 20 self-made poisons.

This is about the only time of the year he uses a bow so its something he looks forward to and this year he has a new strategy; get the ogres attention with the bow and follow up with a spell he got in Shivering Isles this year called Icy Blaze, a spell that (obviously) does both frost and fire damage. In other years he has usually followed up with Goldbrand but this way was a bit quicker and he didnt need to constantly switch weapons. The ogres take good damage from the initial shot from a hidden position so all it takes to bring them down is two hits from the spell.

Its always a special feeling to return to Pale Pass. This is the place I remember the most from Lothrans early days which, I guess, is why we always want to return. The tradition to go every Christmas is a few years old but I dont know exactly when it started. A rough guess is around 2010-2011, and like many traditions it started by pure coincidence. I wanted to return and it just happened to be at Christmas, and the following year I remembered making a save on the 23rd by the ruin in Pale Pass and thus, the tradition was born smile.gif

He doesnt bother with the ruin however. He knows its empty and quiet and theres no need to go through it again and disturb the peace. He does have fun in the snowy valley though biggrin.gif

Setting up camp on the usual spot
Let the hunting commence

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 23 2015, 01:09 PM
Post #67

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, I like Lothrans camp. Pale Pass is a great place for a winter visit. Its neat to have these traditions. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 23 2015, 02:42 PM
Post #68

Paladin
Group Icon

So nice to see Lothran conducting his normal Christmas ogre hunt. I hope he makes it back safely to the fire in his cabin in Bruma with plenty of ogre teeth to help make the season bright! tongue.gif

Gosh it looks cold there! Brrrr!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 23 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

I knew he goes to Pale Pass once a year but I didn't know it's a Christmas tradition. I like his camp as well, how about a peak inside the tent? wink.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 23 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 23 2015, 03:22 AM) *

Looks like Lothran is visiting Persephone at her tower!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 24 2015, 08:38 AM
Post #71

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Thanks for your comments, guys biggrin.gif

And Lopov, pics are in the screenshot thread as of soon now smile.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 24 2015, 08:57 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 24 2015, 01:05 PM
Post #72

Knower
Group Icon

That is such a neat idea! What an awesome way to celebrate Christmas.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 26 2015, 09:34 PM
Post #73

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Dec 24 2015, 01:05 PM) *

That is such a neat idea! What an awesome way to celebrate Christmas.

Thank you! smile.gif I really like this tradition and Lothran is quite happy he gets to use a bow again biggrin.gif

This year he got 17 ogre teeth in total, but I could swear he got 18 last year... huh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 15 2016, 06:32 PM
Post #74

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lothran's houses

As many already know, Lothran has three houses; one in Bruma, one in Bravil and the shack in the Imperial City waterfront. I would have preferred to have just one house or maybe two, but Lothran insisted on one more and as I could see where he's coming from I agreed to it.
I should mention that technically he has a fourth home, the manor in Anvil, but he has never used it and he never visits it. The only reason it's listed in his stats is because it had a quest attached to it, and he was interested to see it through. But as far as we both are concerned it's not owned by him and has been donated to the city of Anvil.

The Imperial City shack

This one was purchased because of its closeness to the Arcane University and because Lothran spent so much time in the City in his early days and he wanted a place to call his own. He also desperately needed a place in which to store things before he went to Bruma to find Ongar. Don't ask why he needed to find him though hehe.gif

Dinner table area
Bed and fireplace

The Bruma home

Not much is needed to say about it I reckon as I've already talked about it quite a bit. It's his only "real" home and he decided to get it before he even passed through the gates to Bruma. He has spent hours decorating and organizing it. It's a beautiful home smile.gif

Welcome!
Just a small display
The kitchen
Collection of all the Bruma handbills
Downstairs
Downstairs 2
The study
Sleeping area
Thanks for stopping by!

The Bravil home

The last house to be purchased by the Dunmer. Careful consideration very much preceeded it but like the other homes it has served its purpose well. It was needed because of the sudden appearance of the Shivering Isles in the Niben Bay and Lothran needed a place close by where he could store all the trinkets and gadgets that he found there. But as it has turned out its also a very good place to stay when he's in the deep south, or at least on his way to it smile.gif

Please hang your coat here
To the left
To the right
And theres the bedroom

The tent

And yes, he does have his tent as well. It has been with him all over Cyrodiil, from the warm parts south of Skingrad to the frozen land in Pale Pass and it has even been a shelter to him in the Shivering Isles. But it's actually his second tent. The first one was bigger and had more things in it, but he repeatedly had problems with it (he couldn't exit) and so it had to go. That one was also something he had to carry around while this second one is summoned, utilizing his skills as a conjurer.

The inside

This post has been edited by mirocu: Dec 12 2021, 11:26 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 15 2016, 08:10 PM
Post #75

Paladin
Group Icon

What a nice tour of Lothrans properties!

Buffy always thinks of the Bruma cabin as Lothies main home and is so happy that he got the fireplace fixed several years ago. She knows how beautifully cozy it is inside, replete with a pumpkin from Mooch and a spare bear pelt for Buffy to curl up in when she visits.

I believe Lothrans small Bravil house is similar to the one Buffy used to own in the City of Mara. The view of the canal from that part of town is wonderful.

Im glad that he didnt keep the Anvil Manor. Last we checked, little Angel (bobgs young mage) was still using it as her family home.

Buffy never understood why Lothran wanted the Waterfront home except that it is on the water. The University has plenty of spare beds after all. Of course, Buffy doesnt really know much (or perhaps chooses not to know) of some of Lothrans darker dealings where that house could come in handy.

And every elf needs a tent, of course! Lothrans looks simple and strong enough to keep the weather at bay.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 18 2016, 10:43 PM
Post #76

Councilor
Group Icon

How fun to learn about and see some pictures of Lothrans homes! The waterfront shack and Bruma house are my favorites. I look forward to seeing Lothrans little house on the water.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 25 2016, 11:24 AM
Post #77

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 15 2016, 08:10 PM) *

Buffy always thinks of the Bruma cabin as Lothies main home and is so happy that he got the fireplace fixed several years ago. She knows how beautifully cozy it is inside, replete with a pumpkin from Mooch and a spare bear pelt for Buffy to curl up in when she visits.

The Bruma house is basically his only home, the others just serve as storage units with sleeping arrangements laugh.gif

And that bear pelt is still there in case Buffy suddenly decides to pop by happy.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 15 2016, 08:10 PM) *

Buffy never understood why Lothran wanted the Waterfront home except that it is on the water. The University has plenty of spare beds after all. Of course, Buffy doesnt really know much (or perhaps chooses not to know) of some of Lothrans darker dealings where that house could come in handy.

Oh, Lothrans dealings arent really that dark. In the past he just did what he felt was necessary. He doesnt deal with it now though, but hes glad for all the friends he got when he did smile.gif

The University might have many beds for Lothran when hes in the City, but it doesnt have much peace and quiet compared to the Waterfront shack smile.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 18 2016, 10:43 PM) *

How fun to learn about and see some pictures of Lothrans homes! The waterfront shack and Bruma house are my favorites. I look forward to seeing Lothrans little house on the water.

Thanks! smile.gif

Yeah, Ill add some pictures later. Sucks that I dont already have taken them.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Jan 26 2016, 12:04 AM
Post #78

Knower
Group Icon

Literally just spent the past half hour binge reading all of your updates! I'm loving reading this and it's so interesting getting some insight into Lothran and your adventures together over the years! smile.gif
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 26 2016, 08:36 AM
Post #79

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Jan 26 2016, 12:04 AM) *

Literally just spent the past half hour binge reading all of your updates!

Oh. You... want a refund..? biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Jan 26 2016, 12:04 AM) *

I'm loving reading this and it's so interesting getting some insight into Lothran and your adventures together over the years! smile.gif

Thank you happy.gif

Im glad that you got some joy out of reading it smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jan 26 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #80

Master
Group Icon

Well. He certainly did not go wrong in real estate. The Bravil home was intelligent on his part; store in Daedric loot with no delay in returning to get some more. More practical. You know, as much as I love these homes, what stood out to me the most was the tent. That's a great place for an adventurer like Lothran to be at because it is in the wilderness, and while adventures at home can happen(like if you have a magic paintbrush or something), outside is where its at.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:36 AM