Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fallout 3 RP, Anyone up for some fun in the wasteland?
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 21 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I had this idea a short while ago after playing the brilliant Reilly's Rangers quest and was wandering if anybody would be interested in doing a FO3 RP with me. My idea was that we play a bunch of mercenaries sent on a contract to either retrieve some kind of valuable artefact or to eliminate a target, but basically to go on a mutie blasting, raider killing, feral fragging trip around the capital wasteland, getting into a whole bunch of mishaps involving said nasties along the way.

So, anybody interested?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 39)
Olen
post Mar 25 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

Yup I can do explosives. I like explosives.

Name: Aidan Farran
Role: Exploding things

Equipment: A few grenades, a frag mine and some loose explosives. Some sort of spirit - he doesn't much care what. Gauntlets, goggles and an apron for protection while mixing explosives. Anything else he just finds when he needs it or does without.

Weapons(s): Explosives. If they fail he has a 10mm pistol with one clip which isn't completely full, he always keeps one in the breach. He's a pitiful shot though so prefers close quarters where he fights with whatever's to hand, if he knows there'll be fighting he tries to get a lead pipe.
Skills: The manufacture and use of explosives. Hitting things, hard.

Appearance: He's of normal height but strongly built. He's missing the last two fingers from his right hand where a mixture exploded while he was making it. The hand still bothers him in the cold so he often wears a fingerless glove and tapes up his wrist, in extreme cold when he needs dexterity he uses med-x. He has short brown hair.
Race: European

History: He was born in a backcountry village and grew up among the mines they laid to defend themselves. He learned a lot about exploves there and developed an obsession bordering on pyromania. He would often take his concoctions to abandoned buildings and see how much he could bring down. It was in this time that he lost two finers and damaged his right hand, however he quickly developed sufficent dexterity in his left.

The townships water supply became slowly more erratic and the populace dwindled. One summer it failed and he and his family were forced to leave, he was sixteen. In the wilds they contracted radiation sickness and only he and one sister survived. A few years later they made it to megaton but he was encouraged to leave after taking rather too much interest in the bomb in the citycentre - it wasn't that he wanted to blow up the city, just that the fascination of the bomb drew him to it. After that he traveled around living off what he could find, making bombs and starting fires, occasionally he would do jobs where people needed them done. He developed a skill for finding what he needed in the wastes and travelled ever lighter just finding whatever he wanted. Eventually he ran into the flying bullets while needing cash and agreed to join up.

He's certainly an oddball, but most wastelanders are. He will start fires if he sees the oppertunity and feeld compelled to do so, he also likes explosions slightly too much.

This post has been edited by Olen: Mar 25 2009, 01:21 AM

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 25 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #22

Agent

I´ve just noticed but isn´t everybody choosing to be european?
ps. I changed my bio but I maybe change it more. It got some minor flaws.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 25 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, shouldn't it be Caucausan or something like that? At least, it should be if we're setting it in the Capital Wasteland.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Mar 25 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

we're just too PC to say 'white'.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 25 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

What we really need to PC this group up is a super mutant.

Now that is ethnic! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 26 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #26

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I don't have fallout (my son has) and I haven't played, just watched my son play, so my knowledge is qite small...

I do have some knowledge of radiation (hehe), and medical stuff, so the question is, is it possible for me to join as a medic???

Remember, it's just a question, if you guys don't see me skilled enough, then I won't join! NP

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Mar 26 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

I don't have a problem with you joining but be warned, it looks like it will be a combat-heavy rp. I mean, we've got a mercenary company with the word 'bullets' in the name, and three different people who specialize in ruining other people's days.

As for why I picked European, I basically remade my Arcanum character, then added a healthy dose of insanity. Jonathan always looked like a stereotypical british sir to me.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 26 2009, 03:43 PM
Post #28

Agent

We always need a medic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Mar 26 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Badda-Tish @ Mar 26 2009, 10:43 AM) *

We always need a medic.

agreed. minque, you'll be fine even without too much fallout expertise. the setting is really just a ruined earth.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 26 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Mar 26 2009, 07:22 AM) *

I do have some knowledge of radiation (hehe), and medical stuff, so the question is, is it possible for me to join as a medic???

Remember, it's just a question, if you guys don't see me skilled enough, then I won't join! NP

I don't think anyone could argue that you're not skilled enough, I'd be glad to have you onboard. But yes I can see ther being quite a lot of killing stuff (this is fallout where everything seems to have a psycotic desire to kill you), but I dare say there'll be some peaceful interaction too. And a medic who knows about medical stuff would be great, I never know where to start in a first aid kit.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Silver
post Mar 26 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #31

Evoker

Fallout! Seriously?
Can I sign up for this? I'll even play with the sparkly lasers!

--------------------
In life there is hope, in death, there is insperation.
Truth is a virtue. Unfortunately, humanity is anything but virtuous.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Mar 26 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Silver @ Mar 26 2009, 12:48 PM) *

Fallout! Seriously?
Can I sign up for this? I'll even play with the sparkly lasers!

Of course you can sign up. I think the open slots are scout and rookie, but you may want to check with colonel mustard first.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Mar 26 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #33

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok, thanks guys....I'll come up with a medically skilled one, one that even knows about radiation-poisoning and milliSieverts and stuff! wink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 26 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

Silver, you're welcome to join. There's a scout, a rookie and a robot slot taken.

And Minque, for your son's sake, don't play Fallout tongue.gif

Though seriously, you'd be welcome to try a medic slot.
+Quote Post
Silver
post Mar 26 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #35

Evoker

I'm going to have to go with the scout, for the sake of my life and back.
(I'm not lugging those crates of ammo around, thanks. tongue.gif )

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silver
post Mar 26 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #36

Evoker

Name: Linda
Role: Scout

Equipment: Recon Armour, (Oasis Druid) hood, a (grey-green) camo-patterned cloak, bottles of purified water, and a few pulse grenades.

Weapons(s): Her weapon of choice is a laser rifle with a jury-rigged scope, and enough cells to last a long time, along with a .32 pistol, though she only has a few rounds for it.

Skills: Sneaking around, and hacking computers.

Appearance: With a lithe body, and just below average hieght, she would have been pretty in a different era, but instead her hair is dry and frayed, and she doesn't often bother to scrub the dirt of the wasteland off her skin. Small, slight, and almost unnaturally light on her feet, she prefers to go by the alias of 'Shadow.'

Race: Hispanic

(NEW!) History: Growing up wasn't so bad for her as a child, deep in the fortified caverns of Raven Rock with both her parents there intermittenly, though they would go out into the wasteland on the mandatory patrols... one day, the Vertibird her parents were in was shot down by Super Mutants, the details never really got back to her, but she always had hope that they had survived one way or another. After spending years training in Raven Rock, she finally left to go out into the Wasteland and find her long-lost parents. Armed with a laser rifle and a recon armour, she headed out optimistically. Soon enough, though, her supply of fresh water ran out, and unable to find any other source she tried the water of a sludgy stream. Her palatte was nowhere near degenerated enough to filter out the poisons of radiation, and she was unprepared for the effects, her tongue was burned badly, and never completely healed. Now almost mute, she rarely bothers to say anything that could be otherwise communicated, and only interacted with people when she had to deal with the wandering traders in order to get replacement parts for her rifle, using her last name so little that it has been lost from her memory.

This post has been edited by Silver: Mar 28 2009, 07:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Olen
post Mar 27 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #37

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Mar 26 2009, 05:52 PM) *

Ok, thanks guys....I'll come up with a medically skilled one, one that even knows about radiation-poisoning and milliSieverts and stuff! wink.gif

In game they got this quite spectacularly wrong... You could take 200rads (why they used rads is beyond me) with no illeffects at all, which would in reality have a fair chance of being fatal, and survive up to 1000rads which would be very fatal. Also it didn't matter what timescale you got the radiation over...

Anyway my point was how will we deal with radiation/injuries, the game really magiced them away with miricle cures - and fair enough its a game - but we could deal with them more accurtiely in an rp.

Just a thought.

This post has been edited by Olen: Mar 27 2009, 11:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Mar 27 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

Well, we could say that Stimpacks will vastly increase the healing process, but at a cost to the user's metabolism (as they would vastly increase it temporarily). So, you could use a stimpack and some bandages on a bullet wound, and the wound would heal, but whoever had been shot would feel exhausted and constantly hungry for the next few days. That way we could still keep things balanced and realistic, but still mean that we wouldn't be completely debilitated by bullet wounds and the like. And of course a limited supply of Stimpacks means that we couldn't waste them and would implement an interesting choice of being careful or entering potentially raider/ghoul/super mutant infested buildings to see if we can scavenge supplies and ammo.

How's that sound?
+Quote Post
Silver
post Mar 27 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #39

Evoker

And don't forget, your downing an entire IV bag of Anti-Radiation in all of a half-second. Normally, you'd probably insert it and wait for it to slowly drain over hours, instead of emptying it like a blueberry slushie.

...blueberry slushie.... Mmm...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Mar 27 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #40

Agent

QUOTE(Silver @ Mar 27 2009, 03:18 PM) *

...blueberry slushie.... Mmm...

nah, horsemeat slushie would be tastier.

btw, should we use med-x and if do what effect would have. make the skin hard as stone?

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:25 AM