255 Pages V « < 200 201 202 203 204 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Decrepit
post May 29 2019, 03:05 PM
Post #4021

Master
Group Icon

Been slaving away creating a new TpF Scenic Excursions video. All video segments and transitions are in place. A YouTube description is more or less done. A thumbnail has been make. I now struggle over text narrative, as is almost always the case. What's a fellow to do when he has space to fill but nothing to say? In any case I hope to have it ready for upload NLT tomorrow night. Push come to shove I'll publish it with minimal text. Won't be the first time.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: May 29 2019, 03:06 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 29 2019, 03:18 PM
Post #4022

Master
Group Icon

What's a fellow to do when he has space to fill but nothing to say?

Appropriate musical interlude? Something light and classical or perhaps jazz? Or maybe period-specific?

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 29 2019, 03:52 PM
Post #4023

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit is currently playing Total War: Three Kingdoms.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 30 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #4024

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ May 29 2019, 09:18 AM) *

What's a fellow to do when he has space to fill but nothing to say?

Appropriate musical interlude? Something light and classical or perhaps jazz? Or maybe period-specific?

An interesting proposition but nah, no music for decrepit me. Not with these TpF videos in any case. But...were I to add music it would definitely be either classical or 'period-specific'...which of course includes but is not limited to classical. There's one piece by Villa Lobos I'd dearly love to included in a special TpF video, with all game audio stripped out and the video tailored to match the music. The piece was written to musically depict the sounds of a traveling steam train. I'm pretty sure I've linked it here before...but have no problem doing so again. biggrin.gif

Don't have the guts to attempt it. Too afraid of getting hit by a copyright infringement notice or having some person/agency take over the video. I don't monetize, and hardly anyone watches my releases, so there's likely little to worry about, but I don't intend to risk it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 30 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #4025

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 29 2019, 10:52 AM) *

I am reading a lot of good things about it. Angry Joe seemed to like it, though I only watched about 10 minutes of his video on it before going to bed last night. It sounds like it is more RPGish with its characters.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 31 2019, 03:00 AM
Post #4026

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 30 2019, 04:44 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 29 2019, 10:52 AM) *

I am reading a lot of good things about it. Angry Joe seemed to like it, though I only watched about 10 minutes of his video on it before going to bed last night. It sounds like it is more RPGish with its characters.

It’s probably one of the slickest TW game’s Khajiit has played. The diplomacy is much improved in this one. It straight up tells you what you need to make the deal work. Combat is classic TW but you can select “Romance Mode” and your heroes will get into 1v1 martial arts fights with opposing heroes which are fun to watch (even in this mode you can push a button to make your heroes ignore any duel challenges if you don’t want them to get involved with that). Biggest disappointment is that there isn’t any ship combat; would’ve loved to have seen a battle involving fleets of Junks! Oh well, maybe in a future update or DLC. If you like TW games and/or have even a minor interest in Ancient Chinese history, then this one really doesn’t think you’d be disappointed if you checked out this entry in the TW series.

Oh, and you can play as a faction led by a dual axe wielding Bandit Queen!! Fun!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: May 31 2019, 03:01 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 31 2019, 05:02 AM
Post #4027

Mouth
Group Icon

Anytime I have gotten to play a game in the past few weeks, it's still almost exclusively been Fallout 4. But I need to take a break from it. I have other games I need to get through in my backlog. Although a few weeks ago, I finally got to play the Resident Evil 2 Remake at a friend's house.

GOG has a bunch of my wishlisted games on sale. I'm not going to go crazy, but I'm buying a couple of the really cheap ones that really intrigued me--Magrunner: Dark Pulse and SiN (Gold Edition). The former is supposed to be similar to Portal and Q.U.B.E., which I really enjoyed. The latter is another old-school shooter that looks fun but I have never heard of anywhere else. They were $2.49 each (75% off), so I figured I might as well snatch them up.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 31 2019, 01:12 PM
Post #4028

Master
Group Icon

TpF Scenic Excursions Ep20, Goods for Dunwich - REVISITED is online and available for view. We ride the single-track, one train route delivery goods from Goodstown Factory to Dunwich, first ridden episode seven. YT compression degradation is pretty well subdued even at 1080p full-screen this episode, except along the one short stretch of track I most wanted a crystal clear image...go figure.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post May 31 2019, 08:25 PM
Post #4029

Master
Group Icon

I got back into Diablo 3.

And WHO has actually made gaming addiction a thing now.

Sign me right on up.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 6 2019, 04:36 PM
Post #4030

Mouth
Group Icon

I just started two new games within the past week.

Sin - It doesn't control the best but I like it so far. It's something a bit different than most FPS games. You have primary objectives and secondary objectives to complete in each level. I think it also runs on the original Unreal engine, so that's definitely a plus. From what I understand, it had the unenviable task of going up against the original Half-Life (my favorite FPS) when it released.

Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition - Just bought this game on sale from GOG for a whopping $0.49 yesterday. It's an isometric action RPG where you control a single character, something I have really been wanting more of (especially since absolutely loving Divine Divinity when I first played it about 2.5 years ago). It's pretty decent so far. Kept me playing for quite a while last night. Not exactly floored by it, but hey, it was less than $1. Can't complain. Let's see if it keeps this up.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 9 2019, 08:06 PM
Post #4031

Master
Group Icon

There's a stretch of land at Sittingbourne's outskirts wedged between passenger and frieght tracks. I long ago turned that land into a rock-nature garden with equestrian statue. Only, the garden was too garish to be natural, too chaotic to be a sculptured park. The statue was lost in the muddle. With each train ridden past it, dislike grew. Yesterday afternoon I decided to get off my duff and do something about it. Nuked the entire area in question and rebuilt from the ground up with a completely different concept. Still a WIP, progress is seen below.

Image1: The area immediately before makeover began.

Image2: New concept in place, centered on a Cathedral, 2019-06-08.

Image3: View of WIP seen looking down passenger tracks toward the city.

Image4: Close-up of Cathedral area with WIP slightly further along. The 'workday' ended here.

Image5: Close-up of WIP Cathedral area from freight tracks, work done the morning of 2019-06-09.

I'm reasonably pleased with what's been done thus far. Much remains to do.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 9 2019, 08:16 PM
Post #4032

Ancient
Group Icon

It is looking really good. The twin towers of the church (Isengard and Barad-Dur?) really anchor the entire community.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 10 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #4033

Master
Group Icon

Very last thing I did yesterday before closing shop and retiring to bed was begin redoing ground cover along tracks leading to Sittingbourne Passenger Station (from the Cathedral area). Like what is now the Cathedral and its surrounds, original ground cover was a garish eyesore. Its replacement looks, I hope, more natural and doesn't draw attention to itself in the wrong way.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 9 2019, 02:16 PM) *

It is looking really good. The twin towers of the church (Isengard and Barad-Dur?) really anchor the entire community.

<nods> It turned out better than anticipated, all things considered. I totally didn't expect I'd be able to pull off placing those surrounding residential buildings, what with the tight confined space and sloping ground.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 10 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #4034

Master
Group Icon

I got ousted from my spot as raid tank. Little sad.

Guild leader thinks I'm too stressed to do it. *sighs* I think what is going on is someone else wants to, and they needed one of us to drop out(two of us). So I got picked.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 10 2019, 10:00 PM
Post #4035

Paladin
Group Icon

Saki, aww. kvright.gif What game is that?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 10 2019, 10:16 PM
Post #4036

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 10 2019, 04:00 PM) *

World of Warcraft

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jun 10 2019, 10:37 PM
Post #4037

Master
Group Icon

YES...My town's mascot!!!! I think I'm going to cry laugh.gif.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jun 15 2019, 06:15 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jun 11 2019, 10:27 AM
Post #4038

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jun 10 2019, 11:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jun 10 2019, 04:00 PM) *

World of Warcraft

This one has it.

Also lol town mascot.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 14 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #4039

Master
Group Icon

The world is lessened by the release of Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep21. We travel by rail between the cities of Dunwich and Sittingbourne aboard a steam locomotive powered passenger train. Scenery is a mixed bag, running the gamut from early/primitive to current/elaborate. The route itself is one of the map's too many two-stop rail lines:

TpF SRA 21 - Dunwich-Sittingbourne Railway Passenger Service

Aside from the above, I spent much of yesterday evening putzing around near Sittingbourne, adding scenic detalis that should have been added prior to 'filming' ep21. Better late than never?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jun 15 2019, 04:14 PM
Post #4040

Ancient
Group Icon

Been on an Ancient Chinese history kick lately so yesterday Khajiit fired up Jade Empire again. They must’ve done something in the last patch from GOG that made playing with a controller wonky. If Khajiit can’t get it to work right this one may have to play with m&k, which would normally be fine but Khajiit is accustomed to playing this game with an Xbox controller. sad.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jun 15 2019, 04:16 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 200 201 202 203 204 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:27 PM