17 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Knights of the Nine - New Kvatch, Attempt at fan-fic
Acadian
post Feb 6 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #181

Paladin
Group Icon

By the Nine! Or maybe the Three or the Two? Or perhaps by the Seven.

Oh, I know! By the Seven of Nine! Oops, wrong lore methinks?

Who can fathom the ways of the Gods? Family squabble? If it is all a lie, then is that fact a lie? If a tree falls or a big bear poops in the forest but no one is there to witness, then did it happen? How would one know?

My faves are always Mara and Kyne. Love, sky and little forest creatures – what’s not to love?

Oh look! A butterfly. . . . happy.gif

This post has been edited by Acadian: Feb 6 2012, 01:15 AM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 6 2012, 07:31 AM
Post #182

Councilor
Group Icon

Riiiight... huh.gif ...

You seen Seven of Nine in Body of Proof?...She's a thousand times hotter than she was back then... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 11 2012, 08:20 AM
Post #183

Councilor
Group Icon

[/Drama Queen]

I shall post the chapter as soon as I re-write it...For reasons too sucky to explain...

Many thanks for your ever tested patience... laugh.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Feb 11 2012, 08:29 PM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 11 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #184

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 11 2012, 02:20 AM) *

Sorry...I appear to have made a grave mistake...

This story will continue soon...Probably...

Farewell...

GAAAAAH !!! Where is the chapter? Urk?

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 12 2012, 04:53 AM
Post #185

Councilor
Group Icon

This deserves a new post simply to thank mALX from the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU!!!...

As you will see, it is entirely deserved...

Reet, try again... laugh.gif ...

Thank you all for reading my little snippet btw...I appreciate it... biggrin.gif ...

Back to business in the present...

Previously on KOTNNK...Some things...This is actually set after the conversation in the study with Robert McWylde and Seri Ormandin in New Kvatch (Cause that's all in it's own bubble of time) and before the Akatosh/Kynareth confrontation when she changes Aeirawen...Keep up...It's all Divine dahling... biggrin.gif ...

And before anyone takes umbrage at anything in here, I remind you that I follow the ancient rules of "Show things now, change it later..." Therefore what appears to come to pass here is not necessarily what will happen...*Points and nods*... biggrin.gif ...

It is a longie...I appreciate that...But I couldn't split it...Sorry...Probably best all in one go anyways... laugh.gif ...

1.11 – Galasafon - (pt.7)

3E 438 Julianos' home.

Julianos sat in a high-backed chair. It was soft and comfortable, blue coloured with a red diamond patterning to the fabric. It sat near to a roaring fire, which - despite having been lit for countless years - needed no tending, nor fuelling. Though it produced no smoke, the fire sat beneath a chimney - the imitation of a chimney at least - the outside of which was seemingly all oaken panelling, as was the remainder of the walls and door. Bookcases, chests of drawers, a spacious sofa and a table with papers, a bowl of fruit and a vase with flowers on it completed the living room feel of Julianos' study.

On the imitation chimney breast was what appeared to be a painting. It showed a nice picturesque scene of a waterfall and some countryside. However, the scene was moving, the water fell and made ripples in the pool below. As Julianos was distracted, he failed to notice a cow walk up to the pond. Swish its tail and then drink in the pool.

To one side of the chair was a low table, on which was a cup of steaming tea. A perfect cup of tea. It smelled, tasted and felt exactly like tea should. Julianos distractedly picked up the cup, drank deeply then replaced the cup, as full as it had been.

On the other side of the chair was a small chest of drawers. On top sat a wooden box with a pane of glass on the front side. The box was worked, with rounded edges and shaped motifs in the wood around the glass pane.

Julianos - seemingly a small man in a brown suit, with dark hair that verged on curly, and piercing, intense grey eyes beneath dark eyebrows that hinted at bushy. An average sized nose and a slightly downturned mouth completed the face.

He was reading a book. A book he'd never read before. Which, given that he had all the knowledge and books there had ever been on Nirn, contained here, in his home, made it a rare pleasure in itself.

During the Dawn War, the energies and violence unleashed on both sides was so great that cracks had been rent in the multiverse. The They/Them had closed most of them out there. But some of the small fissures had been missed, and Julianos' home being as vast as it was, contained a few of them. Some things would appear, he would be told where, and the small Divine would go and look with genuine excitement. Sometimes it was nothing more than a fruit, sometimes more. Julianos had once had to entice a cow to follow to him to the Paradise room. A thought which still amused him when it passed through his vast and ancient memory.

The book he was reading had appeared in the room just across from this one, a couple of - what passed for - days ago.

"My travels with an Adventuresome Nord - A Journal, by Darnand Penoit." It declared itself to be. And Julianos was genuinely amused by it. He laughed regularly.

As he did now.

"Hah! Nord, must you fling projectiles?!!...Hah!!...Priceless."

Julianos took another drink of his tea.

A chime sounded and the glass panel on the wooden box lit up blue. A scrawl appeared on the glass and Julianos sighed, closed the book, placed it down next to the teacup and massaged his eyelids.

Turning to read what was on the screen, a concerned frown darkened his face. "Very well, on my way." He said.

He stood up, pulled his waistcoat down and flattened his jacket.

He turned towards the door, took a step, then stopped. He took the step backwards and reached down. He took another drink of tea, and then he left the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The corridor outside was huge. It retreated into deep distance in both directions, and it would take several steps to reach the doors on the opposite side from where Julianos currently stood. The Aedra knew there were also many branches to the corridor, branches that were sometimes not seen until you were standing next to them. The blue carpeted floor had yet more red diamond patterning to it, but these were arranged so that they also made larger diamonds, running down the corridor in both directions.

Vast and ancient. Julianos' home was alive in a way. Certainly the sounds that could sometimes be almost heard made it seem like it was. He stood and listened. On the very edge of hearing were conversations, snatches of choral work, birdsong and more.

A chime rang and a sound like a cross between a rumble, running a sword over stone and singing, all heard while under water issued forth into the corridor.

Julianos sighed. "Yes, Arrai...I shall stop dawdling presently."

The strongest Aedra closed his eyes, put his hand to the wall and started walking left. The half-heard sounds seeming like a song that was caught briefly, loved and then forgotten. Julianos opened his eyes and looked at the panelling on the wall. He looked at and followed the lines of graining. These weren't genuine trees that had been felled for the panels - the Divine knew that - but his house kept adding these things and he was always astounded at the beauty it produced.

Another chime, another speech rumble.

Julianos closed his eyes and shook his head.

Sighing deeply, he picked up his pace and walked down the middle of the corridor.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There had been a rush to create life, no matter how big or small, back in the days before the Dawn War. Many beautiful and wonderful species had been made, only to fall to the grotesque and evil. Wonders strode the lands. But since Lorkhan's removal, no-one had really dared, and life had evolved rather than been moulded.

One of these wonders, Kynareth and Lorkhan's Yskraich, had recently re-appeared in the world. "Kynareth's Mistake" their epithet. One of the most successful species ever.

Made uncountable years before the War, they had survived until Akatosh grew weary and forced Kynareth to help him create the Dragons.

It wasn't until these too became a problem that they turned to Julianos for help.

In an age before the Dawn War, Julianos had watched everyone's work be for naught as one or other's creations fell. So he decided that if he were to create something, they would be invincible and ageless. Adaptable and intelligent. Strong and determined. Unbeatable. He would only need one if he made it right.

He watched.

He planned.

He travelled to the furthest reaches of his home and found the ingredients.

A ten foot tall white skeletal frame with dark blue/grey armour on torso, hands and feet. Its head, an oversized dark skull with a ridge on top. Three - what would later be called - Super-Welkynd stones suggested eyes and a mouth in an immobile face, and one smaller one in the front of the ridge atop its head.

Myrrl his name was.

Julianos turned him loose on Nirn and was overjoyed to watch him tear a swathe through the worst of the abominations. And soon, Myrrl was known to all creatures.

Julianos was proud of his son. The Androform had exceeded all that Julianos had hoped for when he'd created the only one he'd need.

So Julianos had watched Myrrl proudly for a while.

And then went and made two more.

Arrai and Neerlah.

Despite putting the same ingredients together in the same way, the two sisters were different. For a start, they were sisters.

Julianos had been stunned that when the spark had been added to Arrai, the white living marble-esque element that had built the frame had taken on a faint rose colour, and upon sitting up it was obvious that a female spirit had rooted in this Androform.

Julianos was nevertheless overjoyed to have a daughter. So it was with a degree of uncertainty that Neerlah was woken. A different hue, but again, another daughter.

Not that they were any less than Myrrl. They took on and defeated everything, including the worst, and tore them to shreds.

When the Dawn War started, the Androforms had appeared before the two Divines. Julianos and Akatosh had explained all of what occurred between the Gods to them.

The Androforms had listened patiently. They had looked to each other in silent communication. Myrrl turned back and simply said -

"Well Father, shall we have at them?"

And so the Dawn War was won.

The Androforms able to stop Gods? Another father could not be as proud. And then one made The Creators pause?

All of them brilliant.

All of them the same.

All of them as different to each other in actuality as the same in appearance.

All of them as mad as a box of cats.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Julianos walked into an immense, domed cathedral-like room. An almost painful blue glow came from the centre of it. He walked along the white marble floor towards it, the ghosts of conversations and whale-song seemed to accompany him through the room.

He reached a glass topped table near to a railing that stopped anyone falling down into the depths of the room. Anyone being him and, once an age, Akatosh.

The point he stood at was halfway from either the giant room's floor or beginning of dome. He looked out into the void. A giant multi-faceted shining brilliant-blue crystal recessed into each of the four white sides produced a giant, lazily turning star field.

Innumerable shining stars went past slowly. Some singly, some dancing about each other in pairs, some in clusters of different sized stars, bound together in an ancient and powerful relationship. All of them had a small scrawl of ever changing numbers and text next to them.

Julianos had spent much time watching this map, every time with awe, watching as stars died, only to be replaced in other areas by new ones. He'd seen stars displaced by a chance encounter in one section weave through countless dangers and distractions, and arrive at another part of the map, be caught by another star and start the ancient dance, more stars to be created.

With a command he could have lines describing the relationship between all the stars. He could ask to have the eventual fate of them predicted. He could have all the lesser stars mapped onto this one, until it was one giant almost perfect sphere of blue stars. He could have them watch only one star.

A large collection of multi-coloured giants dominated one part of the map in a super-cluster. He could see - even without the relationship lines - that they were on a collision course with another cluster.

Outside and around the mostly blue stars were giants. With complex orbits they stayed above and away from the star-field, only occasionally did they fall into the morass, for unfathomable reasons.

And above even them stood the super-giants. Intensely burning with colours that matched those of the multi-coloured cluster in the Nirn-Sphere.

This was the map of Nirn's life.

---------------------------------

Julianos felt a presence at his shoulder and looked backwards and up.

"Arrai."

"Father." The Androform replied in her strange grating speech.

"You well?"

"Always, thank you."

"You had something to show me?"

"Yes, there was an incursion. Like the previous spike. But this time there was something else."

"Wait. An incursion?" Julianos worriedly looked up at Arrai.

"Yes."

"The Allfire?" The Divine turned his head slowly and looked at the star-field.

"Imperfect."

Julianos closed his eyes and sighed. He opened his eyes and looked down at the floor. "Show me." He said.

"Which?"

"What?"

"Show you which?"

Julianos turned around and looked at Arrai with his eyebrows raised.

"Very well.

"It's impossible at this point to verify which individual portion is deficient. I would need both Neerlah and Myrrl to sift through the signal. Though it seems that the keyhole - at least - is this one."

The star-field zoomed in on one star.

"This was the source of the incursion."

Julianos looked down at the glass topped table and frowned at the scrawl that appeared there.

"He's one of the Knights." He said, "One of Kynareth's." He added distractedly. "Do we have-"

"Mazken hai warrant sii..." Blared out across the room.

"Mazken?..Dibella's...We haven't seen them for an age." Julianos turned to say to Arrai.

"Yes, I know. But there is something else." Arrai manipulated the Nirn-sphere until it showed moving pictures. They showed a long haired Mazken - a Dark Seducer - cleaving her way through a group of bandits.

Julianos winced and turned his head to one side slightly as if to turn away, but keeping an eye on the proceedings, eyebrows steepled with the wince.

Behind the Mazken, on a rocky outcrop, the Knight stood up and brushed himself off.

"Look here." Arrai said and pointed to the table.

Julianos frowned at the numbers, "Dear...Us..."

"No, I don't think dear is the right word.

"This is the reading that I took at the time."

"Show me-"

The star-field was back with only two stars. One bright green star and a solid line connecting it to a purple giant star.

Julianos seethed. "HIM?!" Julianos swore. Then he said, "I thought he'd been removed not that long ago?"

"Yes, he had. Seemingly. I never noticed his return. He would have had to have Divine help to return to his...State."

"Show me the rest of them."

"Which?"

"Arrai..."

The star-field changed again until all it showed was the outer orbiting giants and the super-luminous super-giants beyond them.

Julianos picked out the various Divines. His luminous blue one, Akatosh's deep red, The newly restored Septim's a lighter red, as befits one of Akatosh's former champions. The three orbited nearby each other. Mara's Copper star circled Nirn alone. Kynareth's green and Zenithar's brown orbiting each other. Arkay, Dibella and Stendarr's trio orbited together. As they ever did, Julianos thought.

"Show me the tie-lines?" The Aedra asked The Androform.

A solid line passed from Julianos to Akatosh and a more faint line to Septim, whereas Akatosh to Septim was as solid as to him. That was good enough for Julianos.

Septim had a strong line to the Commander on Nirn.

"This is going to get complicated."

Julianos sighed and concentrated, then followed lines, strong and faint, up, down, sideways.

Finally, he saw what he was looking for and frowned deeply.

"Arrai, do you know where Neerlah is?"

"Yes."

A pause.

"Then where?"

"Masser."

Julianos closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Of course she is." He shook his head, "Can you contact her for me? I need you both to link."

There was a brief moment and then "Father."

"Neerlah." Julianos smiled. "How are you?"

"Well.

"How can I help father?"

"Firstly, can you tell me why you're on Masser?"

"It is quiet?"

Which was an answer Julianos found it difficult to find fault with, to which he replied, "Just be careful would you?"

"Always."

"I need you both to link. We need to find out the most likely endpoint for this. Do you agree?"

There was a pause as Arrai stood staring slightly upwards, then she said, "Done."

Julianos stood entranced as the star-field rapidly changed with each possible future evaluated and discarded. Every half second, the star-field snapped back to the original configuration. But even at speed, Julianos could see that the likely end to every future was the same.

Abruptly, the changing stopped and the Nirn-Sphere turned with markedly less stars on it. And in some places, a different coloured stars dominated. Blood red stars. Daedra.

The Daedric Prince division was gone. No stars turned in that orbit.

It was the Divine sphere that made Julianos' jaw drop. A look of surprise turned quickly to a determined frown and finally to seething, boiling rage.

Julianos turned on his heel and left the room.

-------------------------------------------

The door opened and Julianos walked through with Akatosh in tow.

"...And then he said...Hah!...Nord must you fling projectiles at me?!..Ha-haaa!!" Said Julianos as he walked forward towards the table.

Akatosh just grinned.

"Arrai!" he said to the Androform.

Arrai spoke her unintelligible language, but the words appeared - superimposed - on the Nirn-Sphere.

"Lord Akatosh, it is good to see you again." And she bowed her head slightly.

"And you." Akatosh replied.

"Neerlah is on Masser apparently." Julianos said with eyebrows raised. "As you do."

Akatosh's face made it obvious he was impressed.

"Arrai, would you run through the sequence for Akatosh?"

The stars changed, moving and displaying to an increasingly angry Akatosh , the future most likely.

Of the original Divines' stars, all that remained were Kynareth, Arkay and Stendarr. But joining them were three of the Daedric Princes' stars.

"Why would they do this now? And how fercryingoutloud? " he asked.

The stars resolved into the separate dominating forces which ended with the sphere disappearing as a patch of sky was focussed on. Two circles appeared around two areas with names on.

"Lorkhan and Kyralee? They're back?" asked Akatosh.

"No. But they're influence is. And what they represent."

"Which is?"

"The others thought they were right, Lorkhan told them they were right, and we stood in their way. Us and Kyralee. We told them they couldn't have it. Lorkhan's murder of his sister and then Lorkhan's removal because of it must have created a burning hatred for everyone and everything. They loathed Lorkhan for the murder, but hated us because without Lorkhan, they weren't strong enough." Julianos shrugged. "Arkay wanted power? Kynareth wanted power?" Julianos turned away. "Whatever it is, we need to stop it."

"Father." The word appearing on the screen as well as spoken.

"Yes Neerlah."

"This star is the balance. And this point in time is the tipping point." She said changing the Sphere remotely through Arrai. "All that needs done is removal of this star at this time and all changes again. But he has to be removed for it to change."

"And how the hells do we do that?" Akatosh asked. "The They/Them would stop...Them...Neerlah, why don't The They/Them stop all of it?"

There was a pause and Neerlah replied, "The house says The They/Them are looking the other way at the moment."

"The house?"

"Yes."

"Which house?"

"This one." Julianos said with a smile.

Akatosh sighed and shook his head. "What now?"

"We wait and see...And watch our backs." Julianos looked up at Akatosh, "Warn Septim. And make him wait will you? He wasn't known for his patience."

"Father."

"Yes Arrai."

"The Knight portal? He will not survive long enough without help."

"What do you suggest?"

A name appeared on the Sphere.

Myrrl.

Julianos grinned. "Of course."

"Where's he?" asked Akatosh looking about.

"Aldmeris." Replied Arrai.

"HAH! Of course he is." Said Julianos. "Can you contact him for me?"

There was a pause. "He is a little occupied at the moment, but he will be here as soon as he can." Said Neerlah.

"There?"

"Oh...Yes...I told Arrai...I have found something up here."

The Nirn-Sphere disappeared and was replaced by a moving picture of a city within a crater. Giant towers, spires, walls and the like were visible for miles. Figures and lines depicting angles to smaller craters through the line of broken and toppled towers showed that the city was extremely old. But Neerlah followed that with. "There is power. Much power."

Akatosh raised his eyebrows, grinned and looked at Julianos. He nodded his head sideways towards the picture.

"Oh yes." Was the smiling reply.

"Arrai." Akatosh nodded.

"Lord Akatosh." Arrai bowed.

Julianos put his hand on Arrai's arm and said "Thank you. Love you. See you later."

Arrai nodded. "I love you too father."

The Divines left.

"Take care Neerlah. Love to Myrrl."

"Will do. Arrai." With that, Neerlah broke the connection.

Arrai changed the picture back to the present Nirn-Sphere and watched.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Athynae
post Feb 12 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #186

Knower
Group Icon

Amazing!!?!?!?!?! I read it, then I read it again, then...well

The depth of thought is astonishing, and the small details make it quite a work of art...not much else to say really, I could quote a few things but then the rest would be jealous and rightfully so, so I will leave it where it is. The way it is is ...........just right.

Do supply more please, in short order...great write...

--------------------
"I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action." - Mae West (Hush Foxy)
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 12 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #187

Councilor
Group Icon

I love these parts with the Aeadra. The scale of Julianos’ house is amazing, but he enjoys a good read in his cozy study with the perfect bottomless cup of tea. Er, that is to say endless cup of tea. whistling.gif The detail and creativity here made me go make my own tea and read it again just to savor.

I am enchanted with the idea of the multiverse, it so beautifully explains what we do here when our separate characters occasionally meet. It’s as if their worlds brush against each other.

The way magic looks like technology is inspired! I have considered that magic use might be what keeps people in Tamriel from advancing in science. They study magic instead. And really, the result looks very much the same in a lot of cases.

Of course Julianos enjoying Darnand’s literary effort made me smile and smile. And I’m still smiling. Also, Julianos’ version of swearing had me in stitches every time. As did Arrai’s conversational style. biggrin.gif

Definitely my favorite part so far, and I have to admit that all of them have been my favorite. But this one really is my very, very favorite part! (so far tongue.gif)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 12 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #188

Ancient
Group Icon

The whole imagery of Julianos sitting in the high backed chair sipping tea and reading a book had me floored! Having an imitation chimney was a hilarious touch, but this trumped it all:

"My travels with an Adventuresome Nord - A Journal, by Darnand Penoit." It declared itself to be. And Julianos was genuinely amused by it. He laughed regularly.

As he did now.

"Hah! Nord, must you fling projectiles?!!...Hah!!...Priceless."

Julianos took another drink of his tea.

A chime sounded and the glass panel on the wooden box lit up blue. A scrawl appeared on the glass and Julianos sighed, closed the book, placed it down next to the teacup and massaged his eyelids.

This whole section had me rolling. Loved the whole chapter, but this was the icing that made the whole cake for me !!! Awesome Write !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 13 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #189

Paladin
Group Icon

‘It showed a nice picturesque scene of a waterfall and some countryside. However, the scene was moving, the water fell and made ripples in the pool below.’
As a connoisseur of waterfalls, I approve! smile.gif

And Julianos reading Darnand’s Nordic observations. What a superb choice of reading material! goodjob.gif

Just a divine Aedric day at home for Jules and his kids, reading books, sipping tea and playing in his own Orrery! happy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 18 2012, 06:16 AM
Post #190

Councilor
Group Icon

Cheers all...I'm glad you all were okay with the...Divine strangeness of it (the chapter) and the Androforms... biggrin.gif ...

Thank you Acadian and mALX, glad you enjoyed it and the Jerric cameo... biggrin.gif ...

Thank you Athynae for your ever kind words towards my efforts... laugh.gif ...

Grits, thank you so much for allowing the use of Darnand and by hint, Jerric...Endless cups of tea are an idea of heaven to me... biggrin.gif ...And I totally agree about the use of magic holding Tamriel back...I may have to see what I can do about that... tongue.gif ...In my wonderings about stuff and the future I have wondered myself about that very subject...

The idea of the Multiverse is obviously not a new one, but I think that reference to the fact that we've all got the same characters from the game - let alone our creations - running around the same places doing different things can be explained that way...I love the multiversing things...But I shan't be using it too much more...Unless it's in Julianos' house, of which there is no more planned...Just yet...Well, one room, but that's it...

Aaaamywho...

More interludeness for you lucky people!!... tongue.gif ...

Previously on KOTNNK!!...Julianos was told in converation that his "firstborn", Myrrl was in Aldmeris (Which is the Elder Scrolls Atlantis if you didn't know)...As the piece will now demonstrate....

I thang yore...

1.11 – Galasafon (Interlude)

A name appeared on the Sphere.

Myrrl.

Julianos grinned. "Of course."

"Where's he?" asked Akatosh looking about.

"Aldmeris." Replied Arrai.

"HAH! Of
course he is."

16th daytime of calendyear Six, in the Aldmerian cycle, 25373 ADW. (After Dawn War).

Danikka was scared. She’d been caught out. Not even fourteen summers and she was dead. Well, if the Spydros don’t get her then her mother would. The rule was, stay on the agri-land, stay within the eyeline of the guardian stones and all would be well.

Seven giant nightmares were swarming over the city’s shields.

The Spydros was an oversized man’s head in front of a disgusting, fat spider-like body and eight almost human legs, four each side, ending in far-too-tiny feet. The extra joints, to make the leg fold down making the nightmare even worse.

She watched the ground bubble where their vomitous attacks were being repulsed by the shield - a bright blue bubble of energy covered the city and beyond, produced by the Sentinels. Giant figures with intricate, currently glowing carvings covering their silent, ever-vigilant selves. They held both arms out, one forward and one above. From each hand, an energy field blazed forth and merged with the nearest Sentinel’s to produce the city shields.

The shields she currently found herself the wrong side of.

But the ruins! No one goes to look at the ruins. Danikka had pouted to her mother. The attacks by the Spydros were so few and far between these days why shouldn’t she go and explore? Mother says I need to learn, so I’m learning.

Two overturns of the calendyear and I’ll be fourteen, how grown up do I have to be?

Sadly, all Danikka had learned was that just because the Spydros had lessened their attacks on the fair city of Drzancheleft, doesn’t mean they’d stopped.

To add to the city’s – and Danikka’s – misery, a Draig had also decided to have a go. The giant Draig hovered, an intense, almost white flame came out of its mouth, aimed at a precise spot on the shield.

For the briefest moment there was a hole, Danikka watched as the flame sliced through a tower. One of the Spydros tried to take advantage of the hole but was vaporised by the Draig’s flame.

The Sentinels’ eyes glowed red and an alarm started shrieking through the second city of Aldmeris.

Danikka whimpered quietly. She wasn’t all that far from one of the Guardians - A carved head, with a giant sloping brow, deep set glowing blue eyes, a pointed nose and downturned mouth - but it was open ground between here and there. She’d be dead before she was halfway.

Oh why don’t I listen to mother? The thought wailed.

Danikka had been praying to Aldmeris’ Anshall, the high Guardian, Muir-El since the teeth grating sound of the activating shield had begun the girl’s terror. The dark haired girl had no idea how long it had been since the attack began, but she was starting to give up hope.

She crept around under cover of the ferroaken trees, so as to be nearer the Guardian stone, the colour of the hanging down foliage hiding the brown of her overalls. The girl took a step out and her heart leapt as one of the Spydros screamed, but it wasn’t for her. Still, Danikka ran back to the cover of the trees. Oh damn you Muir-El! Where are you?

There was a deep hum, she saw the shimmer and then the Muir-El was simply there, with sword drawn, between her and the Spydros.

----------------------------------

One of the spiders reacted and launched itself at Myrrl. He rushed forward under the arc of the Spider’s leap and split the creature’s underside from front to back with his sword. The five others all tried to descend on the Androform, but the Dragon was there first. With a screech that scattered the spiders in all directions the Dragon came at Myrrl.

Wings outstretched, the Dragon dove at the skeletal figure and flame belched out. The Androform took it and turned himself around as the Dragon pulled up and turned itself around for a second pass.

This time, Myrrl leapt and landed on the Dragon’s nose. The Dragon immediately climbed for altitude, it then started to shake its spiny head back and forth, trying to shake off the Androform. Myrrl had grabbed two of the spines and held on.

With a mighty roar, the Dragon stood on its tail, its body vertical to the ground, beat its huge wings and hurled itself at the stars.

Myrrl clambered downwards to the creature’s eye and repeatedly punched it.

The Dragon howled but continued its headlong flight to the black.

Although it wouldn’t make a difference to Myrrl, he could tell it was getting colder. He looked past the Dragon’s body and judged the distance.

He leaned out and put his head firmly in the Dragon’s eye-line. The red, hate filled orb swivelled ‘round to stare with disgust at Myrrl’s continued existence.

He waved at it.

And vanished.

The Dragon continued its climb for a few seconds until a sword removed its head from its body.

The two parts continued upwards for a distance, stopped and then started to fall, separated.

Myrrl enjoyed the rushing air as he fell, and watched the ground come towards him for a time.

He vanished.

---------------------

Danikka had wailed as the Draig had carried off the Muir-El into the sky. Her green eyes rimmed red with the tears of fear, shame and anger at herself for being so stupid and arrogant. She had watched the Draig get smaller until a nightmarish scream pulled her attention back.

The Spydros had restarted their assault on the city and were getting as far as they had been before.

The Imperial girl sat down hard and wept some more. Drzancheleft was far away from the next city, far to the north-west of the continent. Even with the travel portals, Commander J’Drell and his oh so amazing Armeris - even if they were on their way - would be hours yet. Ours being stuck behind the shield. The dark haired girl thought.

Someone should have planned that better.

Aldmeris was a hard and unforgiving land.

I should have listened mother, I’m so sorry. Danikka thought.

------------------------------------------

There was a hum and a shimmer and Muir-El was back. Danikka stood up again and clasped her hands together.

She heard the strangest noise come from the Anshall and all the Spydros turned as one. They skittered with all the speed they could at the figure. Muir-El was dwarfed by the five nightmares that were easily twice his height.

The Spydros unleashed their fury with everything they could. Acidic vomitus, teeth, legs, it was carnage in there.

Danikka wailed again.

Her breath was almost taken away when there was a deep rumbling hum. She looked right and Muir-El was there, right next to her.

The Anshall looked down at her and tilted his head.

Then he looked up at the Spydros and made the grating noise again.

Danikka’s eyes widened in terror at the Anshall and then she turned back to the Spydros.

The five Spydros took one step and were crushed as the body of the Draig landed on them.

Danikka was stunned as Muir-El made a shouting noise and then started applauding himself!

He looked down at Danikka, nudged her gently, pointed at the scene of carnage and then applauded again. Feeling elated, Danikka applauded along with him. This seemed to please the Muir-El, who suddenly looked up into the sky, and Danikka felt as though the noise that issued forth was a swear word somehow, but, as she was then many feet away from where she had been moments before, and a Draig’s head was in the place where she’d been stood, Anshalls swearing was the least of her concerns.

Danikka looked up at the Muir-El and then fainted.

----------------------------------------------------

Myrrl caught the girl as she fell, he put her in the crook of one elbow and carried her towards the Watcher. He reached the giant carved head and paused. He touched a finger to the brow and a series of glowing glyphs appeared on it. Satisfied, he started walking towards the city, girl in arm.

Suddenly he stopped and looked up at the sky. He stiffened up in surprise at one point.

He nodded his head and then looked down at the girl’s sleeping form. He gently placed one finger on her head. Myrrl stood taking readings for a couple of moments, until a groaning started coming from the girl. He moved the giant finger away, aware that that may not be the greatest way to wake up, for a human at least.

-------------------------------------------

Danikka woke up in Muir-El’s arm and was stunned when he gently knelt down and tipped her up to standing.

He started talking in the strange language he had. It seemed almost song like.

Although she had no idea what was being said, she could tell it was a chastisement. Muir-El was pointing to the Guardian, the city and making a dome shape with his hands. Finally he pointed to Danikka herself, her head and then he patted her on her shoulder. Each time he’d touched her, the Imperial was surprised that something so strong could be so gentle.

Suddenly, a cloud of dust resolved itself into a shape.

Danikka’s jaw dropped. A large Argonian stood in front of them.

Muir-El stood, said something and Commander J’Drell answered, “Good to see you too.” And bowed.

The Anshall talked some more, gesturing all the time. A couple of times Muir-El pointed to her and she could see the Argonian’s brow wrinkle.

Finally Muir-El stopped speaking and turned to her, and Danikka knew she would never ever forget the moment that the Anshall Muir-El bowed to her.

Why would he bow to me?!! She shrieked internally.

Muir-El stood up and laughed. There was no other word to describe the sound she heard. Had he heard what she’d thought?

Muir-El patted her shoulder again, nodded to her, turned to J’Drell, shrugged and then vanished.

Danikka shook her head and looked up at the Argonian as he walked to her.

The shields had vanished – the Sentinels back in dormant state – and people were streaming out towards the scene of battle. The girl could see her mother.

She welled up with tears again, but she wiped her eyes lest the Commander think her weak.

Danikka looked up to see the Argonian smiling down at her.

“Am I in trouble?” she asked.

“Ooooh!!...More than you can imagine,” the commander replied with a laugh, “Myrrl wants me to train you for the Armeris.”

WHAT?!!”

“I’ve no idea. Let’s go find your mother. You start first thing in the morning.”

Danikka pouted.

The Argonian frowned, “You get to explore the ruins.” He said raising his eyebrows again.

Well, that sold it.

--------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Apr 3 2012, 03:25 AM
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 18 2012, 08:46 AM
Post #191

Master
Group Icon

So now we have universe jumping. Interesting, very interesting indeed.

You know, the more I read this the more and more do I get the feeling that this is going to be just bigger than Nirn. This looks, might I say, to be more along the lines of Paradise Lost or something...
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 18 2012, 08:59 AM
Post #192

Councilor
Group Icon

Lol... biggrin.gif ...

Thank you for the compliment... biggrin.gif ...

But it's not jumping universes...One universe is big enough for me... tongue.gif ...Just suggesting that there are other ones bordering on this one...And stuff falls through...

I thank you matey...Nice to see you btw... smile.gif ...
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 18 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #193

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 18 2012, 07:59 AM) *

But it's not jumping universes...One universe is big enough for me... tongue.gif ...Just suggesting that there are other ones bordering on this one...And stuff falls through...

Oh, OK. I assumed that with all the twisted up names (Drago instead of Dragon, for example) in the last part this was, perhaps, set in another reality with bits from Nirn coming through to it or something like that, seeing as the last part was with Julianos examining various bits of reality to try and find Myrrl/Muir-El. Ah well, still looks damn good so far.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 18 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #194

Councilor
Group Icon

Danikka is Aldmerian (of Imperial race), and having been essentially cut off from the rest of Mundus for many thousands of years they (Aldmerians) have similar but not the same words (like you said, Draig/Dragon Muir-El/Myrrl)...

I think there's more explaination of Aldmeris in part 2 of this, but as the whole thing wound up being over 4000 words, I had to cut it somewhere... biggrin.gif ...Obviously the clarity went with it... laugh.gif ...

Sorry about that...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Feb 18 2012, 09:21 AM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 18 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #195

Ancient
Group Icon

I was confused by the Myrrl/Muir-El too, had to go back and re-read that section unsure if it was one and the same. Loved the section from where Danikka wells up with tears and looks up at the Argonian - and Myrrl/Muir-El's gesturing to get his/her point across through the language barrier. Interesting chapter, mostly in the second half. I was kind of lost in the first half, feeling like I'd eaten too much pizza and was having a vivid nightmare - probably how Danikka felt about that time, lol. Great Write !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Feb 18 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #196

Councilor
Group Icon

I appear to have confused issues with using slightly different words...Here...Here's part 2 to make things more confusing... biggrin.gif ...

Just to get it off me hard drive... tongue.gif ...

1.11 – Galasafon (Interlude pt.2)

Masser 3E 438 (Tamrielic calendar)

Myrrl appeared on Masser and turned to his sister, Neerlah.

“Sister! Good to see you!” he said in the whisper thin atmosphere, and walked over to the other Androform. Myrrl grabbed his sister in a big embrace, which never failed to stun Neerlah.

“Myrrl.” She replied from over his shoulder.

Neerlah patted her brother’s back and he released her.

“Arrai sends her love.” She told him.

“Excellent! I must visit dear Arrai. It has been too long since we spoke face to face.”

The two Androforms turned to view the city in the crater. Their intelligences reviewing all possible evidence that could be seen from this point.

“Impressive.” Myrrl declared, “It has been here an awful long time. I look forward to viewing it up close.”

“How is Aldmeris?” Neerlah asked, “It has been a long time since I was there.”

“Indeed it has dear sister!” Myrrl replied, “Aldmeris calms piece by piece. It shall soon be the green and pleasant land it once was, again.”

There was a thump and the two Androforms spun around.

“Father! Lord Akatosh! Good to see you!” Myrrl walked over to the pair and clasped both of them about the shoulders in turn.

“Good to see you too, Myrrl.” Answered Akatosh with a smile.

As Myrrl grabbed him, Julianos put his hand to the forearm of his son and smiled affectionately. “It’s been too long Myrrl, you should visit more.”

“Ah yes, I have been busy of late Father. But, Hah!...What’s an age between Immortals?!”

“Indeed.”

Myrrl released his father and walked away. “Dear sister here says you have a task for me Father?”

Julianos then explained all that they had seen in the likely future and the need for Myrrl’s influence in events.

Myrrl turned to view the city and was silent for a time. “I will, of course, do as you ask of me.”

“But?” said Akatosh.

“Oh, there is no but, Lord Akatosh, oh no, I shall do as asked. However I’m leaving the land I have called home for some time, undefended. That is not to be taken lightly. Due to your actions so long ago,” he pointed at the Divines, “Aldmeris is all but cut off from the rest of Mundus. Indeed it appears cut off from Divine attention of any kind. The people know of them, all of them, and many worship, but only because of the Arrived and what the three of us,” he indicated himself and Neerlah, “have managed down the ages.”

“What do you mean all of them?” asked Akatosh with a frown.

Myrrl tilted his head and answered. “All. Of. Them. The eleven Divines. The truth. Is there a problem with the truth Lord Akatosh? Aldmeris may be the only country in the world that knows the actual truth, no?”

“Why you arrogant...” Akatosh started towards Myrrl, but then stopped. Myrrl’s sword point had gone from sheathed on his back to digging a hole in the moon dust, seemingly without any intervening movement. Akatosh also paid attention to the fact that Neerlah was stood watching intently with her arms crossed.

Julianos turned away, looked at the moonscape, sighed and said, “What a magnificent desolation.”

“Mundane threats,” Myrrl sighed, but then continued as if nothing had happened, “are taken care of, they can manage them, but with new threats literally appearing from nowhere at any time, from any time it seems, it has not like I have been sat on my chair watching the world go by these past years.”

“The Arrived?” Julianos asked, still turned away.

“Yes, the people that arrive on the land from nowhere. Whatever you did those years ago is pulling people and things there. And I am leaving it untended and undefended.”

“I will go Myrrl.” Said Neerlah.

Myrrl turned to look at her. “You would do this?”

“Aye. I always enjoy the time I spend there. It would be a pleasure dear brother.”

Myrrl walked over to the other Androform, sheathing his sword on his back and said, “Dear sister! You are wonder.” And grabbed Neerlah in a furious embrace. This time, Neerlah seemed to relax into the hug, and put her arms around her brother.

“Here is how everything works.” Myrrl said and he linked his mind to his sister’s and shared the information.

“Impressive.” Declared Neerlah, “You have been busy.”

Julianos turned back to view them with a frown. Then he looked at Akatosh.

“I think we need to visit one of these days.”

Akatosh answered with a nod.

“Although Father, there is one favour I would ask.”

“Name it.”

“There is a human girl I have just met. She is one of your seekers yet she has no Divine-light within her. She is incomplete. And I fear that her continued looking for answers will soon be her undoing. I believe that she is...Important.”

“You want me to Call to her in other words?”

Myrrl nodded.

“Where to? I’ve been sending them to the Knights. Where is she going to go?”

“If I may Father?” Myrrl walked towards Julianos with his finger extended towards the Divine’s forehead.

The God shrugged and allowed the contact.

Julianos considered and then nodded his agreement. “A fair idea. Neerlah, can you link with Arrai please?”

There was a moment’s pause and then, “Father.”

“Arrai, could you have the house prepare the Aftaar?”

“Where is it going?” Arrai asked.

“Aldmeris.”

“It will be difficult for the house to manage it there. I shall have it prepare The First.”

“Thank you Arrai.”

Myrrl bowed and said “Thank you dear sister!”

“Myrrl, if you’re going to Cyrodiil, you have no excuse to not come and see me sometimes. Take care.” Said Arrai.

“I will...To both! It will be...Good to see you!”

Akatosh smirked. “Anyway, a mysterious city awaits. You can both spare a few hours. Come and see what’s there.”

“Wait!” said Neerlah. They all turned to look at her, “Arrai?” she added.

“What’s the name of person we’re sending Aftaar to?” Arrai asked.

Julianos looked to Myrrl.

“It will be quicker if I link you the name and location.” The Androform said.

Myrrl then turned his head. “Lord Akatosh, the information I gave the Aldmerians was only the truth. It is only information. It has not caused any grief, panic, terror or otherwise. The people of Aldmeris have far more pressing concerns, such as ‘Please Gods let me have some crops to tend and also could I not be eaten today?’. The country is too busy to be worried by dogma and division over religion. As it should be. Please let us not be at odds over this?”

Akatosh nodded and indicated the city with his head.

They walked.

--------------------------------------------

21st daytime of calendyear Six, in the Aldmerian cycle, 25373 ADW. (After Dawn War).

Outside Drzancheleft. North-west Aldmeris.

Dear Gods does she ever shut up?! Thought J’Drell.

They were out by the nearest Watcher, ostensibly going over the basics of shield use and sword holding, but actually using the cover to talk of more delicate matters.

“I thought you said I’d be exploring the ruins?” Danikka pouted.

“Yes, I did. And you will. Just not yet.” Replied J’Drell. “When you started talking of your dream though, I thought it best to...talk separately. You wish to have the finest minds on Aldmeris to start crawling around inside your brain?..If you’re not careful, literally.”

“What do you mean?”

“If I’m right, it sounds as if you’ve been called to the service of the Nine in the name of Julianos. And since I’ve been here, there’s only been a dozen people who were Called. And they were Arrived.”

“Eleven.”

“What?”

“There’s eleven Divines. And what do you mean the only Called were Arrived?”

“Sorry, of course. No, wait, two are dead so there’s only nine. Anyway, you get talking about a dream like that, and what it means...People will get curious. Just get on with your stance practice. And I meant that the only other Called I’ve ever met are Arrived, brought here...and I know when they Arrive because I’m told by Myr...I mean, Muir-El.

“Get on with it!” He pointed.

The girl ran through the form drill and J’Drell had to admit that Danikka was a fast learner. And a surprisingly hard worker, given her tendency to pout.

And my Gods she could talk.

“Make sure your feet are planted properly. Balance.” He walked to her with his sword and shield and demonstrated again.

“That’s a very pretty sword Commander.” Danikka observed.

J’Drell looked down at his Katana. Yes it was pretty. His original one was in his home. Impossibly old now, he’d had a ‘Smith make a new one every so often down the years. Always a copy of the original. He looked down at the girl, handed the sword to Danikka and stepped back.

She swished the sword experimentally. J’Drell frowned. Five days she’d been in the Armeris, having apparently never been near a sword. He had to admit, Myrrl may have been right about this girl.

“Go back to your sword. Tell me all of the dream again.” The Commander said.

Danikka sighed but talked as she moved.

“Well, there was a voice first. It said ‘Why is it only I get sent to silly girls out in the middle of nowhere, hmm?’ then a white haired old man in strange dress appeared. He was frowning. And then he said to me ‘Mark well girl, and remember.’ Then he put his hands together and opened them like it was a book. I felt a burning in my mind.” Danikka carefully put a hand to her head, “..And then...Then there were some pictures of mountains and stuff...And then the old man raised an eyebrow, grabbed the edges of his jacket by his chest, said ‘Hmmph!’ and disappeared.”

J’Drell half-smiled at this last bit. Then he turned away from her and his eyes glowed purple as he activated the life detect, just to be sure. He turned back to talk to her.

“Well?” she asked.

“The location? Can you picture it? Back in my day we were called to The Priory, Or New Kvatch, or Newheart. I’m really not sure where you’d be called to here.”

“Wait, I know some of them names, but they’re not on Aldmeris.”

“Hah...Yes, they’re a long way from here.”

Danikka frowned. Where are you actually from? When are you from? The girl thought, but she said, “I’ve read them, years ago.” She made a noise of frustrated effort. “Where do I know them from?”

J’Drell sighed. “So you’ve forgotten already?”

“What do you mean?”

“What did he say? And do?”

“Oh!”

Danikka put her hands together, concentrated and opened them like a book. A glowing tome appeared in them. “Ah!” she said stunned. The book felt warm in her hands. Words scrawled along the page and realised instantly what the ‘Book’ did, “We have an old journal in the house, a very old journal.” She said, frowning at J’Drell. “The Knights of The Nine. You’re a Knight of The Nine. From Tamriel. You’re in the journal. It’s not just someone with the same name is it?, it is you isn’t it?”

J’Drell looked down at the floor and dug at the ground with the point of the sword. He slowly nodded, not looking up. “Cyrodiil.”

“How the hells is it you? How old are you anyway?! How did we get the journal?”

“Well...” J’Drell scratched the back of his neck, “Long story, ageless and I look at you now and remember something I should never have forgotten. Someone.”

“Who?”

“Nevermind.”

“Tell me!”

J’Drell frowned and said “Remember who you’re talking to girl.”

Danikka pouted.

J’Drell rolled his eyes. “The pictures, location...Do they mean anything to you?”

Danikka sighed and shook her head. Then a look of an idea crossed her face. She closed the book and then opened it again. “Here!”

J’Drell smiled and said “Good girl, I know that place. We’ll get some of the others and go find it, starting tomorrow.”

He looked down at the girl and sighed.

“I’m sorry. The story of my age and how it is me is such a long one.”

“Is it a long trip? You can tell me then.”

“Hah...Yes, it might well be.”

Danikka frowned as if considering if this was an insult. “The someone?”

“A woman, with long dark hair...Called herself Shaade. But that’s for later. Storytime over, back to your practice.”

Danikka did, with renewed enthusiasm.

Suddenly there was a hum and a tall figure appeared before them.

J’Drell frowned.

“That’s not Muir-El.” Danikka said.

“I know.”

The figure walked over to them.

“Myrrl told me about you.” The Androform said, “He’s been called away, I shall be here instead.”

“I can understand you! I can understand!!”

Neerlah looked at J’Drell, who rolled his eyes.

“Wait!” said Danikka, “how can I understand you?”

“It’s the Call, Julianos’ gift.” J’Drell told her.

Danikka positively beamed and started doing a dance on the spot whilst singing “I can talk to Anshalls, oh I can talk to Anshalls.”

Neerlah looked at Danikka, to J’Drell then back to Danikka and shook her head. She said to J’Drell, “I am Neerlah, I will be here in Myrrl’s stead. Fear not.” She nodded and then vanished.

Danikka stopped dancing. “Why does it-”

“She.”

She?!..How do you know?”

J’Drell sighed and raised his eyebrows.

“Anyway, why does she keep calling him Myrrl?”

J’Drell winced and looked down briefly “Because that’s his name?”

Danikka’s jaw dropped.

“Enough of this today. I can’t take anymore.” Said J’Drell with a laugh, “Let’s go talk to your mother about some things.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Apr 3 2012, 03:26 AM
+Quote Post
Athynae
post Feb 18 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #197

Knower
Group Icon

Typically I would kick myself in the seat if I was late getting to one of your posts but (DO NOT take this wrong!!!) this time I am glad I was occupied elsewhere.

I am awed by this, really, just the way you describe everything and pull it all together, wonderful. The manner that Myrrl, Neerlah and Arrai communicate is classic but works so well for this piece. I am enjoying the look into the past/future or the future/past or well you know what I mean.....love it, just love it.

Danikka reminds me of a young elvish imperial I know.....hehe

--------------------
"I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action." - Mae West (Hush Foxy)
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 19 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #198

Paladin
Group Icon

I like anything featuring a dragon! And this one could fly straight up – well, until it got its head cut off. kvleft.gif By a sword.

I see Danikka is gradually figuring out brother Androform and sister formette.

So pouting, frowning, talking Danikka is striking to become a Knight of the Eleven! And she is clearly making good progress because, before the end, she is swishing swords and dancing! tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 19 2012, 03:52 AM
Post #199

Ancient
Group Icon

Looks like Danikka made quite an impression on Myrrl, lol. Can't wait to see where that takes her ... to the Knights of the Nine in Cyrodiil by chance? Great Write !!

Ah crap, I thought I was at the end of it and missed a whole section. Hold on, I'll be back with more comments, lol.

Hah !!! I am loving the addition of Danikka !!! Great Write !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 19 2012, 04:06 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 19 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #200

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, the Spydros sound extremely creepy. The tiny feet really got to me for some reason. ohmy.gif

I think the switches in POV between Danikka and Myrrl worked very well here, as I didn’t go too long guessing in Danikka’s paragraphs before Myrrl’s thoughts confirmed or corrected me with the Tamrielic names. (I didn’t get that it was a dragon until Myrrl named it, for example, but I didn’t have to wonder for long.)

The five Spydros took one step and were crushed as the body of the Draig landed on them.

Danikka was stunned as Muir-El made a shouting noise and then started applauding himself!

All in a day’s work for Myrrl! biggrin.gif The, er, huge Androform really charmed in this section, and the part with J’Drell.

As Myrrl grabbed him, Julianos put his hand to the forearm of his son and smiled affectionately. “It’s been too long Myrrl, you should visit more.”

Isn’t that always the case with parents and their grown offspring. Even the immortals should visit more often!

The little standoff between Myrrl and Akatosh was very interesting. Good to get the nod from Akatosh that he wasn’t going to start a religious war as his first act upon visiting Aldmeris.

How fun to see J’Drell of the expressive face dealing with Danikka of the running mouth. biggrin.gif

I really enjoyed this part! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:14 AM