213 Pages V « < 96 97 98 99 100 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Oct 10 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #1941

Ancient
Group Icon

** By the way, I meant to say = that statue is Awesome!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 10 2017, 06:31 PM) *

It's something I noticed for a long time now and I always assumed it was because motif mastery's contribution to writ drops was microscopic so that the 2-4 new motifs introduced every quarter didn't overdo the droprate.

When writs were first introduced, Eolan always got the best ones in spite of having only a few completed motif sets, as opposed to the crafting monkey, who got them rarely in spite of being at or nearing 100% motif completion.

With the recent motifs learned, though? Not at all. The crafting monkey hasn't gotten an equipment writ in a long time.

Since the patch with the Horns of the Reach, I haven't been getting hardly any Master Writ drops at all, I mean like a few weeks with almost nothing and then get one for 2 vouchers. Then yesterday my lowest character knowledge-wise gets one for 92 vouchers.

Really not sure if I should press to complete Misa's motif learning or just let it happen naturally by adding just what I need to do writs when they come, etc. I have several sets that are just 2 short of being complete, and hate to jinx my Master Writ drops by learning them, laugh.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 11 2017, 01:33 AM
Post #1942

Ancient
Group Icon

Do you still get skill points as rewards for quests during Cadwell's Silver?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 11 2017, 02:19 AM
Post #1943

Paladin
Group Icon

You surely do! And for Gold as well. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 11 2017, 02:35 AM
Post #1944

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 10 2017, 08:19 PM) *

You surely do! And for Gold as well. smile.gif

This pleases Khajiit.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 11 2017, 03:42 AM
Post #1945

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 10 2017, 05:38 PM) *

** By the way, I meant to say = that statue is Awesome!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 10 2017, 06:31 PM) *

It's something I noticed for a long time now and I always assumed it was because motif mastery's contribution to writ drops was microscopic so that the 2-4 new motifs introduced every quarter didn't overdo the droprate.

When writs were first introduced, Eolan always got the best ones in spite of having only a few completed motif sets, as opposed to the crafting monkey, who got them rarely in spite of being at or nearing 100% motif completion.

With the recent motifs learned, though? Not at all. The crafting monkey hasn't gotten an equipment writ in a long time.

Since the patch with the Horns of the Reach, I haven't been getting hardly any Master Writ drops at all, I mean like a few weeks with almost nothing and then get one for 2 vouchers. Then yesterday my lowest character knowledge-wise gets one for 92 vouchers.

Really not sure if I should press to complete Misa's motif learning or just let it happen naturally by adding just what I need to do writs when they come, etc. I have several sets that are just 2 short of being complete, and hate to jinx my Master Writ drops by learning them, laugh.gif

I don't think anyone has any hard evidence, but a lot of of people have been experiencing a noticeable drop in master writs so people are assuming that A) Something is borked or B ) This is intentional, possibly to accommodate new motifs.

My guess? It's a legit bug. It wouldn't be the first time crafting suffered a major bug and it's neither addressed nor fixed any time soon. See: Provisioning throwing in the rank 9 writs at max level for no discernible reason--afaik it hasn't even been mentioned by a dev; both it and Alchemy writs (the latter started when poisons started being used in writs) shuffling illogically between required items.

Before they'd cycle predictably, now they both seem to jump around, with provisioning dipping into a certain recipe set (can't remember which) more than it should, and alchemy using one 2-3 times and hopping to a random one.

Let's see what things are like with the update. Last time I was on the PTS, though, I wasn't impressed.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Oct 11 2017, 03:42 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 11 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #1946

Ancient
Group Icon

Man Khajiit hates the Minotaur daily in Kvatch! You get smacked around and when you finally beat the boss and turn in your prize to the lady, what do you get? Random armor pieces and *maybe* some oxblood fungus. You know, for the motif you aren't getting. Lol

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #1947

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 10 2017, 10:42 PM) *

I don't think anyone has any hard evidence, but a lot of of people have been experiencing a noticeable drop in master writs so people are assuming that A) Something is borked or B ) This is intentional, possibly to accommodate new motifs.

My guess? It's a legit bug. It wouldn't be the first time crafting suffered a major bug and it's neither addressed nor fixed any time soon. See: Provisioning throwing in the rank 9 writs at max level for no discernible reason--afaik it hasn't even been mentioned by a dev; both it and Alchemy writs (the latter started when poisons started being used in writs) shuffling illogically between required items.

Before they'd cycle predictably, now they both seem to jump around, with provisioning dipping into a certain recipe set (can't remember which) more than it should, and alchemy using one 2-3 times and hopping to a random one.

Let's see what things are like with the update. Last time I was on the PTS, though, I wasn't impressed.

You nailed what I've been seeing.

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 11 2017, 12:19 PM) *

Man Khajiit hates the Minotaur daily in Kvatch! You get smacked around and when you finally beat the boss and turn in your prize to the lady, what do you get? Random armor pieces and *maybe* some oxblood fungus. You know, for the motif you aren't getting. Lol

In all the times I did that Minotaur, I don't remember ever once getting a motif.

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 11 2017, 06:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 11 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #1948

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 11 2017, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 11 2017, 12:19 PM) *

In all the times I did that Minotaur, I don't remember ever once getting a motif.

Exactly! The Order of the Hour Motif (which Mira adores) drops fairly well, but the quest you get it from has to share the daily with the stupid Minotaur one, and it gives you basically nothing! Why they can't make each available for a daily is beyond this one.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 11 2017, 06:53 PM
Post #1949

Ancient
Group Icon

Today in Tamriel, Brenna joined the Mages Guild and met Uncle Sheo!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 11 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #1950

Mouth
Group Icon

You also meet...ugh...Shalidor. The questline is great if you don't like him though lol

Anyways, following up on yesterday's Master Writ Droprate convo, Jo'zira has been getting a lot of equipment writs lately. Bad ones that cost more to craft than what they reward, but he's been getting them. He can't have more than like 10 completed motifs, and he also rarely got them before so I find this hilarious and ridiculous.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 12 2017, 06:33 AM
Post #1951

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 11 2017, 02:45 PM) *

You also meet...ugh...Shalidor. The questline is great if you don't like him though lol

He does seem a bit full of himself. That said, Valaste seems to be very big on him.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 13 2017, 01:19 AM
Post #1952

Ancient
Group Icon

So do we know what is going on tomorrow? Khajiit knows they are doing something for "Fatal Fredas" but are they also starting the Witches Festival?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 13 2017, 01:33 AM
Post #1953

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 12 2017, 08:19 PM) *

So do we know what is going on tomorrow? Khajiit knows they are doing something for "Fatal Fredas" but are they also starting the Witches Festival?

That is what I heard was happening tomorrow, but ... haven't looked on the PTS since it updated to see if they have put something on there. I should go check it out, it has been updated since Monday.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 13 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #1954

Ancient
Group Icon

Hmmm, no Witches Festival stuff anywhere in evidence. No mention of "Fatal Fredas" either.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 13 2017, 05:16 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 13 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #1955

Master
Group Icon

Well, there is some thing related to Fatal Fredas to be found, but more on that inna bit.

Argis the Bulwark, my second Pact toon (and fourth overall), made his leisurely way through the Pact with his Brother From Another Mother (BFAM) Jerric Kjellingson. They blitzed through Coldharbour both together and on their own. Seems my toons really dislike this zone, which is fine by me as the environmental sounds really drive me crazy. So oppressive it makes me grind my teeth. Sounds rarely have such effect on me.

Here's the requisite shot of Argis dispatching the Big Bad One: Anime's Not Really My Style . . .

Afterwards, he found himself in sunny Stros M'Kai, with sand, beaches, hot babes (look but don't touch says wifey Alise) and ocean fishing in plenty. Time for matching outfits.

In a way, it was sad that Stros M'Kai didn't take long to clear up, then it was on to scenic Beatnik. There he got to help out some of Maz's relatives. Again, that didn't take long, and he told the lovely Orc girl to follow her heart, and got the beautiful Captain Kaleen angry with him (he destroyed the relic instead of giving it to her for the Covenant war effort).

Then it was off to Daggerfall with his BFAM this morning. Together the Brothers from Different Mothers (BDSMs) found a pig and brought him home, hunted down a beggar-killing werewolf, investigated Bloodthorn Cultists and saved the King from an assassination effort. Somehow during this process we discovered that a new Dire Pony was on sale in the Crown Store as of 10 am. As we already had purchased the little black and white one for Phaedre, Argis right away purchased the Dark One for her. However, he couldn't resist taking him out for a trot. And of course, Jerric had to bring out his Shadowghost pony. Together the four of us took on Bad Man Hollows, and we made the pleasant discovery that the Dark One's eyes glow. In the dark. Red. Bright, Dunmer Red.

We closed out the morning's adventures with a group portrait that any horse-mad tween would adore - two handsome Nords, two beautiful mounts, and two adorable ponies!

After Jerric parted, Argis tried to convince the Dark One to go back to the stable and wait for Phaedre. But the Dark One has ideas of his own . . .

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 13 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #1956

Ancient
Group Icon

Lol, yeah Khajiit just saw that the "Fatal Fredas" thing is simply the addition of the pony and stag mount for one day. Khajiit has no use for non combat pets and the mount is ridiculously overpriced.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 14 2017, 04:09 AM
Post #1957

Ancient
Group Icon

Brenna completed the Clockwork City prologue quest today. Khajiit thinks the Clockwork City stuff might be pretty interesting!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 14 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #1958

Mouth
Group Icon

I am currently suffering from my bad breakfast decisions (a bite of a moldy croissant, a sandwich and a pot of coffee I drank in under an hour) but rest assured that the following is a thought from when I wasn't physically and mentally compromised.

In my fluctuating hype for the Clockwork City, I wondered whether I'd be able to settle there for a while with the Squad. It'd be nice to have an "episode" with all three where they have a base of operations that isn't the local bank. Unfortunately, it looks like the only house in the zone is neither in the city or particularly cheap (don't think it'll be available for gold, either).

Oh well. I don't think the city has a writ turn in location, either, which sucks. I mean, I was probably going to drop crafting writs on the Squad while they explore the Clockwork City anyways, but it would be nice to have that option. I guess after Wrothgar they stopped doing that. Then again Wrothgar introduced a new tier of materials so.

I mean, I checked with the PTS but I could be wrong about the latter. idk

tbh I kept thinking about what the final fight in the Main Quest reminded me of and I realized it was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning where you manifest a magical weapon at the end of one of them special combo attacks. Honestly kind of over the top but whatever.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 14 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #1959

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 14 2017, 07:25 AM) *

I am currently suffering from my bad breakfast decisions (a bite of a moldy croissant, a sandwich and a pot of coffee I drank in under an hour) but rest assured that the following is a thought from when I wasn't physically and mentally compromised.

In my fluctuating hype for the Clockwork City, I wondered whether I'd be able to settle there for a while with the Squad. It'd be nice to have an "episode" with all three where they have a base of operations that isn't the local bank. Unfortunately, it looks like the only house in the zone is neither in the city or particularly cheap (don't think it'll be available for gold, either).

Oh well. I don't think the city has a writ turn in location, either, which sucks. I mean, I was probably going to drop crafting writs on the Squad while they explore the Clockwork City anyways, but it would be nice to have that option. I guess after Wrothgar they stopped doing that. Then again Wrothgar introduced a new tier of materials so.

I mean, I checked with the PTS but I could be wrong about the latter. idk

tbh I kept thinking about what the final fight in the Main Quest reminded me of and I realized it was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning where you manifest a magical weapon at the end of one of them special combo attacks. Honestly kind of over the top but whatever.
So there's no housing there either? What about crafting stations? As for the final fight thing, it doesn't sound too terribly different than the fight with Molag Bal.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 14 2017, 05:11 PM
Post #1960

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, that's the fight I was talking about.

Anyways, there's a crafting hall in the city with the Transmutation Station as its main attraction but I didn't see any writ boards or turn-in location. Boo.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:46 PM