Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elder Scrolls Online: General Discussion
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 9 2019, 04:08 PM
Post #121

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 9 2019, 09:50 AM) *

Okay, then I'll increase Magicka and leave Stamina aside because that's the path I want to pursue.

(when you finish Bleakrock they will send you to Bal Foyen; and when you finish Bal Foyen they will send you to Davon's Watch).

Is that a must to travel in such a way or can I ignore it and go from Bleakrock Isle directly to Vvardenfell (or to other regions) if I have the appropriate DLCs?

You can go where you wish, but the quests are confusing if done out of order (which a couple of my characters managed to do).

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 9 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #122

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, good to know. I'll follow where the game will take me. For now.

I noticed yesterday on a side quest on the Bleakrock Isle that although I explored the entire cave and read quest-related clues, the quest didn't progress, because I accidentally passed one of the trigger points very early on in the cave. As I returned and triggered it, all those clues which I've read before, needed to be read again to advance the quest.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 9 2019, 04:16 PM
Post #123

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, that's too common with ESO quests. You must do things in the right order, or it doesn't count. Sometimes they do the right thing, and you can't even do step two before step one, but most of the time, you can do the later stuff, and must repeat it. That can mean waiting for a boss to re-spawn so you can kill him again.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 9 2019, 04:37 PM
Post #124

Ancient
Group Icon

As a general rule, I don’t run around picking up side quests in a zone until I’ve finished the main segment there and I’m told to go to another zone.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 9 2019, 04:53 PM
Post #125

Councilor
Group Icon

The Frozen Man isn't a side-quest, as such. It's an optional part of the "main" quest for the zone. And the officially side-quests (rescuing more people) are needed for an achievement. If you're still seeing a prompt to tell Rana to leave early, then there are more to do.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 9 2019, 04:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 9 2019, 05:24 PM
Post #126

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 9 2019, 10:53 AM) *

The Frozen Man isn't a side-quest, as such. It's an optional part of the "main" quest for the zone. And the officially side-quests (rescuing more people) are needed for an achievement. If you're still seeing a prompt to tell Rana to leave early, then there are more to do.
Oh, sorry, I wasn’t responding to Lopov’s situation specifically. I was just stating how I go about questing in new zones.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 9 2019, 05:51 PM
Post #127

Paladin
Group Icon

Lopov, sounds like you are anxious to check out Vardenfell. I think a nice compromise would be to finish the twin intro zones of Bleackrock and Bal Foyen and get to Davon Watch in the first Ebonheart Pact 'full zone' (Stonefalls). Once you get a foot hold in Davon Watch which has full support facilities (stable, FG, MG, etc) then pop over to Vardenfell and go through that area if you like before continuing the Ebonheart Pact quests in Stonefalls.

While in Stonefalls getting a foothold, I'd try to do the following:
- The first quest for the Prophet just so you get a nice feel for that.
- Join the FG and MG - don't have to do their quests yet but that way, you can begin leveling FG and MG skill lines passively as you find MG lorebooks in your travels (levels MG) and kill daedra/undead (levels FG).

Once you satisfy the Morrowind itch in Vardenfell (or finish the zone) head back to Davon Watch and pick up the Ebonheart Pact questline again.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 9 2019, 05:57 PM
Post #128

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 9 2019, 11:51 AM) *

Lopov, sounds like you are anxious to check out Vardenfell. I think a nice compromise would be to finish the twin intro zones of Bleackrock and Bal Foyen and get to Davon Watch in the first Ebonheart Pact 'full zone' (Stonefalls). Once you get a foot hold in Davon Watch which has full support facilities (stable, FG, MG, etc) then pop over to Vardenfell and go through that area if you like before continuing the Ebonheart Pact quests in Stonefalls.

While in Stonefalls getting a foothold, I'd try to do the following:
- The first quest for the Prophet just so you get a nice feel for that.
- Join the FG and MG - don't have to do their quests yet but that way, you can begin leveling FG and MG skill lines passively as you find MG lorebooks in your travels (levels MG) and kill daedra/undead (levels FG).

Once you satisfy the Morrowind itch in Vardenfell (or finish the zone) head back to Davon Watch and pick up the Ebonheart Pact questline again.

This is good advice. Isn’t there a starter quest on the mainland that sends you to Vvardenfell?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 9 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #129

Paladin
Group Icon

There is an optional prologue quest for MW but it sends you to numerous basic alliance zone areas setting the stage for events in MW. Easy for an established character but can be a significant evolution for a new character.

More info here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Missing_Prophecy

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 9 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #130

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 9 2019, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 9 2019, 10:53 AM) *

Oh, sorry, I wasn’t responding to Lopov’s situation specifically. I was just stating how I go about questing in new zones.

Lopov was the one who first labeled it a side-quest, so I wasn't responding to your response ... tongue.gif

Buying the chapter Morrowind would give you a letter to start the quest. When I started a new character (Minx) after Summerset was released, and Morrowind became a DLC, she was started out in the tutorial on the island, anyway. The characters after her just ported to the Seyda Neen wayshrine.

When you go to a wayshrine, all the zones will show, even if they're for a DLC or Chapter you don't have, and once I had the Morrowind DLC via ESO+, the Seyda Neen one was just available to visit, whereas the Elsweyr ones don't because I haven't got the chapter. There are a few quirky situations, like Norg-Tzel, that has no wayshrines, and you can only get there by boat from Stormhold. It still shows you the map, but you can never use the wayshrine to get there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 9 2019, 07:04 PM
Post #131

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 9 2019, 10:50 AM) *

Okay, then I'll increase Magicka and leave Stamina aside because that's the path I want to pursue.

(when you finish Bleakrock they will send you to Bal Foyen; and when you finish Bal Foyen they will send you to Davon's Watch).

Is that a must to travel in such a way or can I ignore it and go from Bleakrock Isle directly to Vvardenfell (or to other regions) if I have the appropriate DLCs?

Oh, staying in Bleakrock and Bal Foyen is just if you are following the quest line; but you can go anywhere you want in this game at any time you want; and you can always come back later and do those quests whenever you want to!

The thing Acadian said is very true about joining the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild and getting somewhere that has a stables to start your horse training = that is really good advice.

The reasons for that are because of what he said: Joining the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild opens up some of the most powerful weapon skill lines in the game and you gain levels in them just by adventuring around even if you never do their questlines (although their questlines are a lot of fun).

You can put off doing any quests for them until you are ready to do them = but every Daedra you fight in your travels; every Dolman you help close (they are sort of like the Oblivion Gates were) = your Fighters Guild will raise. And every Lorebook you find in your travels will raise your Mages Guild line; and that is an extremely powerful magic line that gives you some huge benefits.

And the stables = your horse is very slow; and every hit it takes makes it dump you and run back to the stables. Your horse needs to be trained to be faster; stronger to take hits better; and it can carry more weight with training. Horse Training costs 250 per day; but it is well worth it if you have the gold to spend. If you need the gold, you are welcome to get it from the Guild Bank; believe me = Horse Training is very worth it!

Also, from time to time your "Daily Rewards" will give you some Horse Training scrolls you can read = you can so those on top of the paid 250 daily training to speed up your horse training (because it is a long process and that is the only way to hurry it up).

What you can do is to find the Wayshrine in Bleakrock and activate it. Look on the list of places it can take you to for "Stonefalls." Click on it. At the far east of that map you will see a white marker showing at the city of Davon's Watch = because it is a starter zone the Wayshrine there should be white for you. Click on that and go to it.

** From the start of the game you can use those wayshrines to travel to any other Province you want; as long as the Wayshrine markers on them are white colored. So = every where you go; if you see a wayshrine just run up to it and so it says you "discovered it" so it is marked permanently on your journal map. (finding wayshrines also gives you XP)

There should be a boat to Seyda Neen along the waterfront in Davon's Watch; but before you take it = it is a really good idea to find the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild and join them. I can give you quick directions through town:

From the wayshrine go into the main gate of the city (you can see it from where you land). Go straight through the entrance and keep going straight (other than around the fountain thing) = up the steps and straight back to the building next to the steps. That is the bank.

Find the bank and (empty out if you need to; because it might be a while before you see a bank in Vvardenfell). Also, if you don't have 250 to spend yet; get 250 from the Chorrol Guild Bank (to pay for your Horse Training).

When you leave the bank; the Mages Guild is the next building to the Right of the bank. (just talk to someone inside to join). You can either not take the first quest they give you or if you take it you can ignore it till you feel like doing it. (You will want to read every bookshelf in that Mages Guild, it is loaded with Skill Books that will increase your stats!)

Leaving either the Bank or the Mages Guild = turn Left and go down the steps and through the tunnel (ignore the beggars in the tunnel; they will always be there so you can catch them later) = keep walking straight through the next tunnel that goes out through the city wall = the stables is on the Left.

Talk to the stable lady (inside the barn brushing horses) and give her 250 for either speed/capacity/or stamina training. (speed is probably the best choice at this time, but it is up to you).

Then go back into the city through that tunnel and turn Right. Follow the curve of the road to go up a short flight of steps = that building on the Right at the top of the steps is the Fighters Guild. Just step inside and talk to someone to join = and again, check out all the bookshelves in there for some skill boosts.

When you leave the Fighters Guild, turn Right and go down the next set of steps. At the landing, turn Right again and go down to the Waterfront. Find the boat to Seyda Neen. There might also be a Pre-Quest that takes you there; but I can't remember how to get it if there is = possibly activating the boat will start that quest.

** Also while in Davon's Watch (or before you leave Bleakrock) = if you have enough gold; you might want to buy a bigger backpack to hold more items than 60. It is well worth the gold if you have it. You can expand your backpacks to hold up to 140 items; and you can add 60 more items by training your horse for Capacity. That gives you 200 items you can carry = makes it a lot easier to adventure.

The "Bag Merchant" sign looks like a sack of gold Icon. The one in Bleakrock is right next to the banker. In Davon's Watch the bag merchant is in the area with all the tents along the back row. As you enter the city through the main archway they are on the right along that back wall.

(you can also pay the banker to expand how much your bank will hold = always a good thing).

Hope some of this helps!

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 9 2019, 07:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 9 2019, 07:31 PM
Post #132

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 9 2019, 12:43 PM) *

Lopov was the one who first labeled it a side-quest, so I wasn't responding to your response ... tongue.gif

Oh oops! I thought that was directed at me laugh.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 9 2019, 07:38 PM
Post #133

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 9 2019, 11:16 AM) *

Yes, that's too common with ESO quests. You must do things in the right order, or it doesn't count. Sometimes they do the right thing, and you can't even do step two before step one, but most of the time, you can do the later stuff, and must repeat it. That can mean waiting for a boss to re-spawn so you can kill him again.

This.

Taking the quests out of order isn't a good idea and sometimes will catch you up (as it did with that quest in Bleakrock and has happened to me in a dungeon quest once). But worse is if you are questing and skip quests that make other quests obsolete and keep you from getting the Achievements or make a quest that does run re-trigger events that have already passed so it makes no sense.

So if you do travel on to Vvardenfell and then come back = try to pick up your quest where you left it off by going to your journal ("J" key) and looking up the quest in there = reactivating it. Start it back up and follow it again; don't jump ahead and do quests that negate it. Some side quests need to be done concurrently with the Alliance zone's main quests too; or will disappear.

The Main Quest line cannot be jumped or skipped; but it can be ignored if you want to = but it is what advances the "Soul" skill line; which is extremely powerful. It also gives you a skill point for every quest you do in it; so well worth doing anytime you need an extra skill point at least. (so you don't want to totally ignore it).

The first quest for it is just the back story of the game; there is no combat at all; just watching a story unfold around you like a play. When it is over you get a skill point and some nice rewards. After that the Prophet finds you every 10 levels or so.

You don't have to respond instantly when the Prophet comes unless you just want to. (they always make it sound urgent, but there is no time frame you HAVE to do it in). That Main Quest line is the one that brings you to the fight with Molag Bal; and you do need to be built up for that fight. That questline used to give you a quest once every 10 levels so you would reach Molag Bal by level 45-50. (so you can space it out all you want to).

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 9 2019, 07:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 9 2019, 09:08 PM
Post #134

Councilor
Group Icon

That brings up a good point. Some things like the main quest have changed over time, so you'll find old information if you just Google something. I use the uesp wiki (www.uesp.net) which seems to be kept current better than the others.

For example, originally the Main Quest updated every five levels, and the Prophet would not contact you until you reached the required level. Now, he'll be back for more as soon as you reach the next town. Your characters were once restricted to their own Alliance's territory, until they completed the MQ, but now you can go anywhere, at any time. And there will be more ...

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Oct 10 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #135

Master
Group Icon

Personally, I always leveled my mount's capacity first, then speed, then stamina

My reasoning is that I don't mind running everywhere, but I do mind the "Your inventory is full" messages that pop up when your bags are full and there's that one really good purple armor piece in the master level chest you broke four lockpicks to open . . .

I"m not maxed out on my bags - at this point almost everyone is at 150 - 170 slots and that seems a good place to stop (I have ESO Plus, so they may actually be half of that without). I'd rather save my gold for houses and furnishings.

There is a vague sort of story arc to all this content, I found a discussion on the forums somewhere about that. Apparently they suggest you do the MQ, explore your starting alliance at the same time, do the MG and FG quests as soon as you can (there are five stages to these, one for each zone in your starting alliance). Once you've completed these, then you can go to Coldharbour, take the fight to the Big Bad, and emerge out the other side with your soul. At that point, you can choose to give up your soul to explore the other alliances (you move in a counterclockwise direction around the map - starting out in EP you will go to Daggerfall Covenant, then Altmeri Dominion). The second alliance you explore has its own questline, and plenty of side quests in each zone. That will get you Caldwell's Silver and a nice new motif to learn. Once you complete your third alliance, that's Caldwell's Gold, and that nets you his chamberpot.

Then after completing the three base zones, it is suggested, that you go to MW, then Clockwork City, and finally Summerset. These are a second story arc that follows the first. And Elsweyr is a third story arc - the first DLC which are two dungeons, the chapter which takes you to the Khajiit homeland, the second DLC which are two more dungeons, then the upcoming DLC which will add Southern Elsweyr and a new MQ to follow.

And somewhere in all this, you're expected to find time to do Wrothgar (best storyline outside Elsweyr, IMHO), Hew's Bane (Thieves Guild), Gold Coast (Dark Brotherhood), and Murkmire (heart of Black Marsh). The Dungeon DLCs are purely optional and really don't have a story impact outside their interiors.

But that's just a suggested guideline - feel free to explore however you wish. My advice to you, though, is if you start a zone, use that zone's MQ to guide you around the map and do the side quests as you come across them.
By the time you complete the zone's MQ, all the side quest markers on the map would be white as well.

Again, feel free to ping any one of us in game. You can do so by clicking on our names in your chat box as you see us, and that will let you whisper. Alternatively, type "HELP!!" in guild chat and we'll see it! wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 10 2019, 06:16 PM
Post #136

Master
Group Icon

Very useful advices - thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 11 2019, 12:01 AM
Post #137

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 10 2019, 01:16 PM) *

Very useful advices - thanks!

If you ever want to talk to any Guild members while in game, in the Chat Box type:

/g1 (if Chorrolites is your first Guild)
/g2 (if Chorrolites is your second Guild)

Etc.

And you will automatically be able to talk to any Guild Mates that are in the game at that moment (by just typing what you want to say in the Chat Box).

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 11 2019, 12:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 13 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #138

Master
Group Icon

The Bleakrock Isle was medium in size (or so I thought), so when Shonta Quassan reached Bal Foyen and I checked the map, I thought "Wow, now that's a big area to explore". Today my fellow Argonian set foot to Stonehills and I checked the map ---> ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ---> At first I thought that I have a map of Tamriel in front of me, not just of one region. Now I'm beginning to understand why you guys play this game for years and there's always something new to explore.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 14 2019, 04:05 AM
Post #139

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 13 2019, 05:06 PM) *

The Bleakrock Isle was medium in size (or so I thought), so when Shonta Quassan reached Bal Foyen and I checked the map, I thought "Wow, now that's a big area to explore". Today my fellow Argonian set foot to Stonehills and I checked the map ---> ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ---> At first I thought that I have a map of Tamriel in front of me, not just of one region. Now I'm beginning to understand why you guys play this game for years and there's always something new to explore.

And why we get a mount as soon as possible.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 14 2019, 10:12 AM
Post #140

Master
Group Icon

I already unlocked some mount but for now Shonta Quassan prefers to walk. Not sure for how long with maps of such sizes.

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:59 PM