Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 91 92 93 94 95 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Adella
post Jun 21 2021, 11:32 PM
Post #1841

Evoker

Yes, I have seen many of these in Falmer dwellings, but their function is unclear.

I can only speculate the large base of the artefacts are some kind of storage pot. Ancestor ashes? Food/drink stores? But then it could be simply a religious symbol/shrine/totem instead.

We never see a Falmer interact with one, but they are dotted about randomly with no seeming reverence such as a plinth or table….so on that basis..less likely the symbolic artefact!

Anyone else have any positive ideas here…or seen some interaction?
A.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 22 2021, 08:22 AM
Post #1842

Ancient
Group Icon

I am guessing they are some kind of sack or jug. But like a lot of the generic containers in the game, they cannot be opened and looted. Presumably they are filled with junk useless to our adventurers, like fidget spinners and coupons to the Feed Bag.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jun 22 2021, 09:39 AM
Post #1843

Mouth
Group Icon

We have come across more of them, some had an open top. So the upper bit comes off - like an oversized teapot lid with weird "handles" sticking on top. The lower part is like a bowl, there was stuff in them - chaurus eggs, human flesh and hearts, Namira's rot mushrooms - all the yummies that the falmer like. So they are containers - or possibly vessels for marinating said chaurus eggs and human hearts. Pickled heart, anyone?

This post has been edited by Lena Wolf: Jun 22 2021, 09:43 AM

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Adella
post Aug 23 2021, 11:52 AM
Post #1844

Evoker

TODAY IN SKYRIM

Is going to be particularly tough for me.

I am progressing my Black Diamond Challenge (one of my five Gemstone series published Skyrim trials), and having spent about fifteen hours building my capability…I can put off tackling my first MQ objective no longer. Bleakfalls Barrow awaites.

Why is it tough?

Because, doing Black Diamond you can not level up at all…..so you stay level one and have low health and no perks.

Add to that you can’t use healing potions and have no magic, followers or horses.

Oh and……no reloading here, it is played ‘Dead is Dead on LEGENDARY.

So survival depends solely upon your skill in Skyrim combat and tactical manoeuvring ability.

WAIT…LEVEL ONE? Easy right? Well…no actually. Most bandits are plenty capable of taking you down, but factor in Restless Draugr, the odd bear you still get at level one, wolf packs and that I play with an enemy doubling mod active…..and it is pretty scary anywhere outside of a town!!!!

Why do it?

It is a thrill ride and the endeavour feels worthy.

Wish me luck…..I’m going to need it

Adella

This post has been edited by Adella: Aug 23 2021, 11:55 AM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2021, 12:57 PM
Post #1845

Councilor
Group Icon

Goodness! This sounds like one of those challenges from the old Beth forums. Yes, good luck to you, Adella.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 23 2021, 04:54 PM
Post #1846

Mouth
Group Icon

Good luck on the challenge, Adella. I'm sure you'll come through with your colors flying high. As for me I'll await the outcome at the nearest inn for as my companion Kaleah says, "An aelf Lord is nothing without his Ladies."

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Sep 8 2021, 03:59 PM
Post #1847

Mouth
Group Icon

Following some "fun and games" with Clavicus Vile, and another dragon, we're back in Whiterun for a couple of days and downtime in Breezehome with the family.

Following that it's off to Riften and then north to Windhelm.

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 8 2021, 08:08 PM
Post #1848

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, good to see you Phon. cake.gif Been awhile! Who are you gaming with? Still Niamh, or somebody else?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Sep 8 2021, 08:55 PM
Post #1849

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 8 2021, 03:08 PM) *

Who are you gaming with? Still Niamh, or somebody else?

http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?showto...mp;st=240&#

EDIT: Apparently linking to single posts doesn't work here. It's at the bottom of the page.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Sep 8 2021, 08:57 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 8 2021, 10:19 PM
Post #1850

Paladin
Group Icon

I tried making a link to the post I think you wanted and it seems to work okay for:

http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=338431

I went to that Show off your Char thread and, while looking at the desired post, clicked on it's number (#248 in this case). That brought up a little window for you to manually post to your clipboard. Then I tried paste here and it seems to work.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Sep 8 2021, 10:26 PM
Post #1851

Mouth
Group Icon

Hey guys it's great to be back smile.gif
Yeah it's Kaia and we've been in Skyrim for a little while now. I felt it was time to introduce her.

I've added a post in the Characters section.

Thank you for welcoming me back biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 9 2021, 01:08 AM
Post #1852

Ancient
Group Icon

Hey Phon, it is great to see you back again!

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Sep 9 2021, 07:48 AM
Post #1853

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 9 2021, 01:08 AM) *

Hey Phon, it is great to see you back again!

Hey there, it's great to be back! I'm looking forward to some adventures. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Sep 9 2021, 12:53 PM
Post #1854

Mouth
Group Icon

Currently still in Whiterun, taking a day in the city. Spent the morning in the Temple, and then some time in the Bannered Mare with Ysolda and the kids.
Everyone wants to know when Kaia will be off once again, she usually leaves early. Once it was because she wanted to maximise the day, increasingly now though it's to avoid having to say goodbye.

Still, that's tomorrow, for today it's food, drink, and songs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Sep 10 2021, 08:02 AM
Post #1855

Mouth
Group Icon

Tirdas, 3rd of Sun's Down:
Kaia sets off early from Whiterun, leaving Ysolda and the girls to their own devices in Breezehome. Heading east on Embla, she finds a fairly uneventful journey to Riften, stabling the horse and setting up in The Bee and Barb as usual.
Being the effective head of Riften's underworld and the Nightingales means she could stay in the sanctuary or the Guild quarters but she's spent enough time languishing in caves and basements in her life and has no intention now of doing so again unless she has to.

Talen-Jei and Keerava clearly don't like her much, following an unfortunate incident earlier, but are nonetheless happy enough to take her money and to be honest she's not that bothered. Of all the races she has come across in her travels, the lizards have been the ones to make her... uncomfortable somehow, so keeping them at arm's length suits her just fine.

Having visited Mara's temple and stayed for a couple hours in quiet contemplation, she visited the orphanage for a little and returned to the inn for food and an early night.

The following morning, pleasant and blue-skied, she left Embla at the stables and walked the distance to Largashbur, only to find Atub having to cope with another giant, having assisted her, she followed her to meet Yamarz, and an intervention by Malacath.
Yamarz, more of milk-drinker than most humans Kaia has ever met, and now charged by Malacath with killing a high-ranking giant, insists that she come with him as "protection". Kaia, being not at all stupid, sees through his plan but goes along with it for the time being.

Sure enough, when it comes to the crunch, Yamarz tries to pay her to kill the giant in his stead. Kaia refuses.
To his credit, at the finish Yamarz acquits himself bravely, if pointlessly, and it's left to Kaia to do his work for him.
Back at the Orc Stronghold, Malacath manifests to both her and Atub, and the truth comes out - (although Atub had guessed as much) - Malacath is true to his word however, and lifts the curse as Kaia returns the hard-won hammer - (a totem retrieved from the giant's corpse) - to its place on the Stronghold's shrine.

The day ends with peace restored to the somewhat reduced population of the Stronghold, though a confident Atub predicts they will recover.
Kaia, familiar with Orcs and their ways, can quite believe that, and as darkness falls, climbs to the watch platform by the gates to look up at the stars. She'll stay the night in Largashbur and head back to Riften and Embla in the morning...

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Sep 10 2021, 11:37 PM
Post #1856

Mouth
Group Icon

Kaia arrived in Windhelm just after noon and having stabled Embla, made her way to the office of Orthus Endario, pausing only to buy some flowers from Sofie and give her some words of encouragement, wishing silently that there was some way to make room in Breezehome for her.
Ysolda, ever aware of Kaia's need to look after every waif she comes across, has gently pointed out that she can't rescue every orphan she sees.

Orthus, having apologised for the poor condition of his office, suggested that Kaia might want to find a certain logbook carried by a business rival; Suvaris Atheron - a Dunmer.
Kaia, being of the same species, and in Windhelm to boot, was more than a little conflicted, but had an idea that Endario might be useful in some fashion and so acquiesced, visiting Atheron's office on her way back into the city to scout the place out.
Having seen her, Kaia remembered speaking to her once before on a previous visit; an attractive Dunmer woman and hard-nosed with her business. Resolving to come back later, Kaia made her way back into the city.

In truth, she is not really that comfortable in Windhelm, it being where some of her formative years were spent; the memories of that not being happy ones and the cloud she left under a dark one. Since then, her older brother and her mother have both passed; her sole relatives that she knows of.
Kaia still is not sure how she feels about it all, but a wave of nostalgia breaks over her as she opens the door of the New Gnisis Cornerclub and walks up the bar, thankful that the denizens of the place neither recognise her, nor she them.

After a few hours, a reasonable meal, and some ales, she makes her way stealthily back to Atheron's office, making short work of the lock and creeping inside. She finds the logbook and resists the temptation to cook the books and steal a coin purse. She has no intention of ruining the woman, at least not that way, and certainly not the other, anymore.

--+--

After a night spent in the tavern, she makes her way back to Endario, who thanks her and eagerly reads the logbook, commenting on the references to pirates. Placing it on his desk with a thoughtful air, he asks Kaia if she'll go to Dawnstar to speak with the pirates and see if a resolution to the problems his company is facing can be found.
Dawnstar is on the way through to Solitude, mentioned by her daughters as having a decent clothes shop. Kaia in a wholly-unlike-her fit of fashion-consciousness is planning on undertaking some shopping there, for her and her family.

It won't be too much of a stretch to stop at Dawnstar on the way there, and then swing back through Windhelm on the way back once more to bring any information she discovers to Endario.
The two part with that agreement, and Kaia makes her way back up to the bustling market to stock up, then to the inn for a meal.
She spends the afternoon in the Gray Quarter only partially-reluctantly soaking up memories, before returning to the inn later, several beers down and having bought all of Sofie's remaining stock of flowers.

She'll leave for Dawnstar first thing in morning...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 11 2021, 12:20 AM
Post #1857

Paladin
Group Icon

'Yamarz, more of milk-drinker than most humans. . . '
- - I remember him and agree completely. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Sep 11 2021, 05:40 AM
Post #1858

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 11 2021, 12:20 AM) *

'Yamarz, more of milk-drinker than most humans. . . '
- - I remember him and agree completely. smile.gif

I know right?!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 11 2021, 08:24 AM
Post #1859

Ancient
Group Icon

Yeah, he was a most un-Orc like Orc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Sep 11 2021, 08:29 AM
Post #1860

Mouth
Group Icon

There's a lot going on in Dawnstar it seems, although one thing that Kaia is steadfastly refusing to involve herself with is anything where there is even a sniff of Civil War. That said, there's more than enough bubbling just under the surface to keep an overly-curious Dunmer (mostly) satisfied so...

First stop was Windpeak Inn where she found the pirates she was looking for and after some "persuasion" was provided with her next step.
Whilst in the inn she heard - again, since her last visit - further rumors of nightmares and lack of sleep amongst the city folk and spying a priest, questioned him regarding them.
It turned out that he - Erandur - was a Priest of Mara and a Dunmer both and was in a position to know exactly what the problem was.

One day Kaia's curiosity will kill her, but today was not that day.
Nightcaller temple is a bleak ruin looming over the city of Dawnstar and not a place that Kaia would have considered somewhere to visit on a frequent basis. Erandur as it turned out had spent some time there and even gone as far as to set up a small shrine to Mara in it's entrance lobby.
They paused briefly to pray at this, Kaia offering thanks also for having survived the trolls outside the ruin.

It turned out the trolls weren't the only thing that Erandur had "omitted" to mention, and Kaia found her patience sorely tried over the next few hours and was - she would would have been the first to admit - a little tempted to take Vaermina's advice and simply put an arrow in Erandur's back whilst he was performing the ritual.
Common sense and her better nature prevailed. The Gods know Kaia herself has had enough chances in her life and Erandur quite clearly is repenting for his past mistakes.

She left him at his shrine and returned to Dawnstar; back to the inn, and food, following which she paid a visit alongways to Silas Vesuius' Museum.
It's a strange place for an exhibition, although given what it's about maybe somewhere relatively out of the way is the ticket.
Be that as it may, her first visit some time before had again got her curious and so she quizzed Vesuius.

Mehrunes' Razor has been scattered across northern and western Skyrim and perhaps rightly so, but if anyone is going to poke her nose in and bring the fragments together it's Kaia, even though she knows that there's every potential for chaos to perhaps literally ensue.

She just can't help herself though, and besides, Morthal is relatively close to Solitude.

But first, bed.

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 91 92 93 94 95 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:59 PM