Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind, Big Main quest problem
Bolzmania
post Feb 22 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Hello I have a big problem in the third main quest "Mission to Vivec". I got all the things except the notes from Addhiranir. I kinda blew it when I told the census agent that she was down at the underworks. I told her that I told him and she got mad. I bribed her to talk about the Sixth Cult, but I don't get any notes to show Caius Cosades.
What should I do?

//Daedroth

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Feb 22 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Ok, I've never had this problem. Cause I'm a goody two-shoes holy saint.....except when dealing with Telvanni and outlaws.

Anyway, what are you playing? PC, or X-box?

If on the PC, I suppose you could open up the console and type in the codes you need to get the item and further the quest. I think the first one was something along the lines of: Pcadditem xxxx (With xxxx being the item id.)

Anyway, check the constructionset for the id of the notes and the journal. Oh, and you'd better get the help of someone who knows a bit more about the console.

If on X-box, I can't give you any surefire solutions.

1: Does Caius consider the quest unfinished? If he doesn't have a problem with two out of three, you're fine.
2: Try to get rid of the guy anyway. This probably involves killing him at this stage. Although, I honestly doubt Bethesda placed a flag in the quest to deal with killing the agent after you revealed the kitten's hideout.
3: Try pickpocketing Adhirranir. Maybe she has the notes.
4: If you can't pickpocket and absolutely don't know a way out, kill her and see if you can get the notes that way. This one is definitely a desperation act, so save beforehand.
5: If absolutely nothing works, you'll be limited to either returning to an earlier save. (though if you're anything like me, you already saved over your older saves before noticing the problem.) Either that, or take the back door to the Main quest. (which I've never done but sounds really lame compared to the real main quest.)

Edit: Are the notes really needed? I don't remember ever losing my notes to Caius.

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Feb 22 2008, 07:13 PM

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 23 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Feb 22 2008, 07:12 PM) *

Ok, I've never had this problem. Cause I'm a goody two-shoes holy saint.....except when dealing with Telvanni and outlaws.

Anyway, what are you playing? PC, or X-box?

If on the PC, I suppose you could open up the console and type in the codes you need to get the item and further the quest. I think the first one was something along the lines of: Pcadditem xxxx (With xxxx being the item id.)

Anyway, check the constructionset for the id of the notes and the journal. Oh, and you'd better get the help of someone who knows a bit more about the console.

If on X-box, I can't give you any surefire solutions.

1: Does Caius consider the quest unfinished? If he doesn't have a problem with two out of three, you're fine.
2: Try to get rid of the guy anyway. This probably involves killing him at this stage. Although, I honestly doubt Bethesda placed a flag in the quest to deal with killing the agent after you revealed the kitten's hideout.
3: Try pickpocketing Adhirranir. Maybe she has the notes.
4: If you can't pickpocket and absolutely don't know a way out, kill her and see if you can get the notes that way. This one is definitely a desperation act, so save beforehand.
5: If absolutely nothing works, you'll be limited to either returning to an earlier save. (though if you're anything like me, you already saved over your older saves before noticing the problem.) Either that, or take the back door to the Main quest. (which I've never done but sounds really lame compared to the real main quest.)

Edit: Are the notes really needed? I don't remember ever losing my notes to Caius.

Thank you. I play on PC game of the year edition so I'll try looking att the construction set.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 23 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

If you kill her she doesn't have the note and Caius goes mad. And the construction set thing doesn't work either. Because she has to write the note first. She says: I'm still mad but want you to go so I'll tell you." She did tell me but I didn't get any notes. When i come back to Caius he talks about the order. I don't get any new. Can this be a bug?

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Feb 25 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Addhiranirr doesn't give any notes- she just tells you about the 6th House and smugglers. You do get notes from Huleeya and directions to find "The Progress of Truth" from Mehra Milo. Anyway, to clear the quest, console the following items:

Journal "A1_V_VivecInformants", 50
PCRaiseRank "blades"

That will close the quest and get you your promotion. All you miss out on is the 200 gold Caius gives.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 25 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 25 2008, 02:01 AM) *

Addhiranirr doesn't give any notes- she just tells you about the 6th House and smugglers. You do get notes from Huleeya and directions to find "The Progress of Truth" from Mehra Milo. Anyway, to clear the quest, console the following items:

Journal "A1_V_VivecInformants", 50
PCRaiseRank "blades"

That will close the quest and get you your promotion. All you miss out on is the 200 gold Caius gives.

Oh god, thanks! I've bin (or is it been?) on that quest for ages!

//Daedroth

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:59 PM