> The Knight, A Fan-Fiction
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 01:36 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Prologue

Ten Years Before The Oblivion Crisis

The Dark Elf ran up the long, ebony, spiral staircase. His shadowy hair flew by under his shining steel helmet. His ashen-gray skin was nearly invisible in the darkness of Fort Blackblood. His eyes were as red as his heart. Zalphon kicked open a door and saw a man dressed in ebony armor. His hair was long and gray, his eyes were a dark red, his skin was a pale gray. An Imperial Vampire. "Surrender, Vampire," The Dark Elven Knight barked. "Surrender and the Tribunal Temple will make your death private."

The Man snickered, "A Tribunalite dares challenge me, I am Sir Askarn Stormbringer, Knight of the Ebon Rose." The Dunmer ripped his silver blade out of the sheathe and frowned.

"It doesn't have to be this way, Vampire," He sighed. "I will kill you quickly if you just forfeit." The Imperial grinned wickedly, revealing his yellow fangs. His breath smelled of rotting flesh and suddenly he charged. The Dark Elf kneeled and put his towershield in front of him to protect himself. The sword cut into the shield, making a screeching noise.

With haste the Tribunalite jumped forth and thrusted into the chest of the Vampire. "I didn't want to hurt you, Blood-Drinker." The vampire fell to the ground and Zalphon muttered a fire spell. It burst into flame and turned to ash.

The Knight walked up the Ebony Stairs and at the top saw an old, Dunmer in Daedric Armor. In his hand he held a daedric longsword, that was lit by flame. In his other hand was a daedric tower shield. The Elder Dark Elf turned around and bowed deeply, "Greetings, Zalphon."

"Why do you greet me, Vampire?" He asked. "And how in the name of Vivec do you know who I am?" The Elderly Dunmer chuckled at that.

"I am no vampire, dear child. I am a Lich," He muttered. "And I know your name, and everything you've ever done and ever will do."

"What're you talking about," Zalphon demanded. "I can sense the lies in your tone." The lich put his gauntlet-covered hand up to his face and sighed deeply. After he chuckled for a moment.

"I don't lie, Zalphon. Do you?"

"Never."

"I do know your fate, Zalphon, after all I am you."

The Knight thrusted his blade into the Lich and then suddenly awoke. Sweat beaded down his forehead. He called out, "Quick-Strike, make me a kwama egg, get me a bottle of flin, and prepare a loaf of bread with scrib jelly. Get yourself some scrib jerky."

One thought rushed through his mind, "Was it just a dream." He ushered it out of his mind as he put on some pants and went down his stairs. He lived in Balmora, Vvardenfell District, Morrowind. The Argonian had light green scales and stood up like a normal humanoid. On the table was a limeware plate with a warmed kwama egg, a bottle of flin, and a loaf of bread with scrib jelly spread on it. The aroma was amazing, but Zalphon knew he'd need it.

With haste he ate it and headed for the Temple...

This post has been edited by Zalphon: Mar 18 2010, 01:36 AM

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 18 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Yeah! Zalphon is Back! Now that's what I'm talkin' about !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Verlox
post Mar 18 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #3

Evoker

Your writing has improved so much it's scary. Did you make a deal with a demon or something?

Very nice.

--------------------
My loaf of bread brings all the ladies to the yard

"A brutish man cannot know, a fool cannot understand this: Though the wicked sprout like grass, though all evildoers blossom, it is only that they may be destroyed forever. But you are exalted, O Lord, for all time" -Psalms 92:7-9
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 02:03 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Verlox @ Mar 17 2010, 05:51 PM) *

Your writing has improved so much it's scary. Did you make a deal with a demon or something?

Very nice.

Verlox, you caught me! Hermaeus Mora and myself had a deal. I sold him my little sibling for the power of the quill. Apparently he likes my brother...

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Verlox
post Mar 18 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #5

Evoker

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Mar 17 2010, 08:03 PM) *

Very nice.

Verlox, you caught me! Hermaeus Mora and myself had a deal. I sold him my little sibling for the power of the quill. Apparently he likes my brother...

Well, it seems siblins ARE good for something.

--------------------

"A brutish man cannot know, a fool cannot understand this: Though the wicked sprout like grass, though all evildoers blossom, it is only that they may be destroyed forever. But you are exalted, O Lord, for all time" -Psalms 92:7-9
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 18 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Mar 17 2010, 09:03 PM) *

Very nice.

"GAAAAK" * mALX suddenly grew large, muscular, turned green, and ripped shirt off * "Mustn't..."

Hey, wait a minute...I thought Clavicus Vile had the quill?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Verlox
post Mar 18 2010, 02:22 AM
Post #7

Evoker

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 17 2010, 08:19 PM) *

Very nice.

"GAAAAK" * mALX suddenly grew large, muscular, turned green, and ripped shirt off * "Mustn't..."

I always thought it was Dagon, personally. He's just so elegant and cultured.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Verlox @ Mar 17 2010, 06:22 PM) *

Very nice.

I'm actually a Daedric Lord. Zalphon, Daedric Prince of Necromancy and Knowledge.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Verlox
post Mar 18 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #9

Evoker

I'm actually a Daedric Lord. Zalphon, Daedric Prince of Necromancy and Knowledge.

Yeah? Well, I am Verlox. The Destroyer of Fluffy Things and Drinker of Sweetened Cough Syrup. Cower before my might.

Anyway. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 18 2010, 02:27 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Mar 17 2010, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Verlox @ Mar 17 2010, 06:22 PM) *

Very nice.

Hey, wait a minute...Zalphon was a good guy when he visited my story...is he changing? Will we see him wreaking havoc now? (I may need to call him back in, lol)

And I still think it was Clavicus Vile, but I could very well be wr...wr...wr...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

It was a joke, silly Malx.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 18 2010, 03:01 AM
Post #12

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, it's nice to see your character Zalphon on the loose again. Nicely done, Z!

Good dream sequence, that relates to other things from 'Zalphon lore'. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 03:13 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 17 2010, 07:01 PM) *

Well, it's nice to see your character Zalphon on the loose again. Nicely done, Z!

Good dream sequence, that relates to other things from 'Zalphon lore'. wink.gif

Perhaps it does, perhaps it doesn't. Zalphon is a Tribunalite. Weird stuff happens to the Tribunal Worshippers biggrin.gif However it might be more, it might not. Also, let's not forget the old trio is getting back together again. Zalphon, Quick-Strike, and the lovable, huggable, insane khajiit we all know (and hopefully love) J'skooma!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 18 2010, 04:25 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

This was very well-written and anyone named 'J'Skooma' is someone that I want to meet.

One of my favorite parts of Morrowind is taking a Dunmer character through the Tribunal Temple questline. As a Tribunalite I hope that Zalphon will have occasion in the future to elaborate on his faith and to show his audience just what it is about Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil that makes them such amazing characters.

You are mining deep and fertile ground, my friend.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Mar 18 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

Hey awesome. Zalphon is here too. Welcome !!

It is so cool to see that your zeal and enthusiasm will never be abated.
Long may Zalphon stand up to the hordes of darkness that prowl the lands!!!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

J'skooma is a very interesting character. He is an amazingly powerful wizard (rivaling Lord Divayth Fyr himself), but so cursed by insanity (by Sheogorath) that he can never remember the right words, or when he does he is busy playing chess with the talking cheese next to him. He is my favorite character to write. In the middle of combat he'll laugh wildly at the joke the wall told him. You'll love J'skooma if you like the Shivering Isles.

And Winter Wolf, I'll never stop standing up to the darkness (but I may join if they have cookies!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Remko
post Mar 18 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

Good to see you writing again, your progress is staggering m8!
J'Skooma sounds a bit like that funny Feist character, what was his name again, the little old guy denying there is magic, saying it's all a little trick?

--------------------
Strength and honour, stranger!

+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 18 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Chapter One: Faith

Zalphon slowly crept into the Temple in his formal clothing. A Dunmer in a green robe with a netchleather satchel at his side walked up and asked, "Who are you?" His voice was calm and inviting. However he looked rather annoyed.

"Sir Zalphon Broodikus, Curate of the Temple and Knight of Vivec," he stated. Suddenly the Dark Elf scooted out of the way and left the Knight room to walk. Slowly he paced forth and reached a triangular shrine to the Tribunal. He kneeled and prayed for several minutes...

Suddenly he had a vision. His sword slid into the flesh of Lord Vivec. He howled in agony, in pure anguish. The Deity punched back and shoved the Dunmer into the wall of his palace. Zalphon stood back up and charged at Vehk. He thrusted his mighty blade into the chest of Vivec. He whispered to the dying god, "This is the end, Vivec." Instantaneously it stopped. Cold sweat dripped down his forehead as he rushed to the Master of the Temple.

She was an elderly woman, and he was a young Dark Elf. He said, "M-M-Master, I've been having dreams, maybe even preminitions of myself doing horrible things." His voice quivered as he spoke. His eyes were wet at the thought of his punishment.

Master Hlaalu frowned and questioned, "Your faith is weak? Perhaps you should go on the Pilgrimage of the Seven Graces again, or actually... Lord Vivec, Lady Almalexia, and Lord Sotha Sil each have an item they lost. Vivec lost his sacred Ash-Mask, it is rumored to be somewhere in the Ashlands. Lady Almalexia lost her sacred sword, once wielded by Saint Nerevar. It is said to be in Cyrodiil. Lord Sotha Sil lost his mighty staff, and could be anywhere on Tamriel."

"The task shall be done, Master Hlaalu," Zalphon said as he walked out of the Temple. His mind was entangled with his task, his friends, his slave, and all others he knew. Waiting outside the Temple was a strange khajiit.

"I am J'skooma, a wizard, I know where you're going and I want to come with," It said. "My friend and I want to come."

"Who is your friend?"

"Mr. Scrib," He said as he looked at the ground. There was no scrib, or anything else.

"Go away, you Sheogorath Cultist," He grumbled as he walked back to his Manor.

Inside the Temple, Archcanon Saryoni walked over to Master Hlaalu. Saryoni asked, "Do you think he'll really succeed in finding the artifacts?"

"It doesn't matter, Archcanon," She responded. "If he finds them, then we'll send Morag Tong for stealing artifacts from the Temple, and if he fails, then we'll execute him for failure."

Saryoni frowned deeply, "And if he doesn't return?"

"He will, if I know Zalphon, he will..."

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 18 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

Holy Cow Zalphon, this was Awesome! You have made huge steps with this story - I am so glad I am getting to see them !!!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Remko
post Mar 18 2010, 02:49 PM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

nicely done.. I have only one remark, Nerevar was sainted after his death so I doubt Saint Nerevar wielded Trueflame or its legendary counterpart, whatsitsnameagain.
How about General Nerevar ? Or even Hortator?

--------------------
Strength and honour, stranger!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:44 PM