3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Wobbly Goblet Inn RP Mod
mALX
post May 29 2013, 05:56 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Finally up on Nexus for for everyone who is playing the RP (or anyone who just wants to have fun there).

3 beautiful Nord triplets run the Inn you inherit, and provide services to the Player (armor and weapon repair, recharging, each has a different "Sell" inventory).

You can rent a room there, but the Player inherits their own room and attached suite (and a horse).

There are two small hidden treasures in the Player-owned area - nothing to write home to Mother about, just a little bonus.

Instead of posting screens or a vid here, I'll just post a link to the page where they are all together in one spot:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43625/

Hope you all enjoy the mod!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 29 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Congrats on what looks like a fabulous mod! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 29 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 29 2013, 07:26 AM) *

Congrats on what looks like a fabulous mod! goodjob.gif

Thank you so much Acadian! It was a lot of therapy for me, kept my mind off what was happening in real life and that was a big help <3

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 2 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Therapy's not over! I have a few bug reports, but then, I'm a mod-making person, so I'm over-criticial:

Eyja's bed is hovering several inches off the floor.
The fire in the Player Suite is misplaced/oriented - flames going sideways.
There are a couple of missing meshes outside - the AAAWobblyGobletWaterStatics reference nif's that weren't supplied.

The mod needs cleaning, too. There's a lot of deleted objects that would better be disabled and moved below ground, in case some other mod uses them.

And there's no Inn sign!

The interior is amazing, with just the right level of detail. I found the treasure - won't give away where. The stables area might work better with the fences lowered, and the terrain adjusted to match them. I suspect you installed the fences to try and match the slope of the ground, which is much harder! Same with the stable building. It looks better if it's not at an angle, and the ground's flattened a bit.

Companion-friendly accomodation is much appreciated by Angeline and Diablita.

Clark is still trying to figure out how to cope with triplets!

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 2 2013, 07:34 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 2 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 2 2013, 10:06 AM) *

Therapy's not over! I have a few bug reports, but then, I'm a mod-making person, so I'm over-criticial:

Eyja's bed is hovering several inches off the floor.
The fire in the Player Suite is misplaced/oriented - flames going sideways.
There are a couple of missing meshes outside - the AAAWobblyGobletWaterStatics reference nif's that weren't supplied.

The mod needs cleaning, too. There's a lot of deleted objects that would better be disabled and moved below ground, in case some other mod uses them.

And there's no Inn sign!

The interior is amazing, with just the right level of detail. I found the treasure - won't give away where. The stables area might work better with the fences lowered, and the terrain adjusted to match them. I suspect you installed the fences to try and match the slope of the ground, which is much harder! Same with the stable building. It looks better if it's not at an angle, and the ground's flattened a bit.

Companion-friendly accomodation is much appreciated by Angeline and Diablita.

Clark is still trying to figure out how to cope with triplets!

This is Awesome, thank you so very much Ghastley! I would love a sign, but I ran away screaming in terror after an hour of trying to figure out how Blender worked, it scared the hell out of me, lol.

I'm getting right on fixing the bed and fire orientation, and I wrote you to ask about fixing the lay of the land better. I def have issues flattening hilly areas, usually they get overdone and look like Dagon just visited and stomped around. The Oblivion gate behind there is the height this cell used to be, with a steep slope to the road, all the pathgrids were hanging in the air when I finished (so got rid of them and put down the priorities).

** on the water static .nif's - do I need to rename them? In making the mod I had them pointed at the mALX water static nifs in my meshes, so just copied those to package with the mod.

Clark and the triplets, ROFL !!! You'll have to put an entry into the RP about that! Lol.

Thank you so very much Ghastley, you are Awesome to do this for me! You can't imagine how much I appreciate this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 2 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

The missing meshes were my fault. I let BAIN make assumptions about the folders, and it ended up putting a Data folder in the Data folder.

I fixed the issues I found in my copy, and Clark's still wandering around it. He's a bit miffed that the men sleep topless, but the triplets don't!

I did find one thing that would break the voices - the folder name is "AAAWobblyInn.esp" but the plugin is "AAA WobblyInn.esp" (with an extra space). I tried renaming the folder, but that wasn't enough to fix it. Looking further.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 2 2013, 11:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 3 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 2 2013, 05:40 PM) *

The missing meshes were my fault. I let BAIN make assumptions about the folders, and it ended up putting a Data folder in the Data folder.

I fixed the issues I found in my copy, and Clark's still wandering around it. He's a bit miffed that the men sleep topless, but the triplets don't!

I did find one thing that would break the voices - the folder name is "AAAWobblyInn.esp" but the plugin is "AAA WobblyInn.esp" (with an extra space). I tried renaming the folder, but that wasn't enough to fix it. Looking further.

I was going to try renaming the ESP, but before I could test it out you had fixed the problem, lol. Thank you so much Ghastley!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 4 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #8

Paladin
Group Icon

I installed 1.2 and it works fine. What a nice mod, mALX! Love the wonderful stable facility with large paddock and other horses for company. And great detail inside and out of the inn!

I commented and endorsed it over at Nexus (Lionheart6). Congrats on a great mod!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 4 2013, 03:11 AM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

It was so cool to see Vinja talking about the bed rental !!!!!!!!

I found a couple issues that I had to have caused. I need to delete one bed in the rental suite, for some reason there are two beds there - and drop the bedroll in the stables to the ground (it is waist high).

One major issue I noticed is that the Quest script isn't updating as it was doing before, and I can't figure out what could have caused that.

When I made the vid it was giving Quest Journal updates timely and showing the keys and Deed being added to the Player's inventory. The keys and deed are still showing up in the Player's inventory, but without the quest updates.

I need to open an old ESP and check the Quest against it, maybe a reference has been broken somewhere.

Oh, while I was hanging out there, that Acrobatics trainer from the Imperial City Ida Vlinorman walked up the front sidewalk! Awesome !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 4 2013, 03:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 5 2013, 01:27 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

Okay, I finally realized when the bed says (2) - it isn't saying there are two beds, but that two people can sleep in the bed, ROFL !! My bad.

Version 1.3 is up = dropped the floating bedroll to the ground, added the sign at the road too (like Ghastley first suggested), lowered the fences and added a horse gate at the road (removed large rock to do it, now the corral goes all the way to the road).

The quest is updating properly now, that could have been my PC lagging or something - it is working fine now.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 5 2013, 01:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 11 2013, 02:33 AM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Investigations based on 1.3

PlaySound3d is severely broken. Even with the base attenuation down to nil, and the falloff reduced by maximizing the distances you can only hear the bells if you're right on top of the object emitting the sound. You'll have to change the script to use playsound instead.

The script works with GetDistance Player - I tested it by using PRID to select the object, and then checking its variables with SV. It shows playernear=1 when I am, and it shows soundplaying=1 at the right times. But I still didn't hear it because the playsound3d makes it too quiet.

In theory playsound and playsound3d should be the same loudness when you're inside the minimum falloff radius, and the base attentuation is zero, but in practice it's at least 20db down. I gave up and retested the script with playsound. Since there's no falloff wth distance, and the sound has no position, the location of the object only controls the triggering circle, so you might as well put it around the bench.

The fire behind the bar is shooting straight out, instead of up the chimney. I changed its x rotation to -90, and lifted it up a bit to the level of the logs.

The new extra gate to the corral looks a bit odd. I think you could lose the posts, and it would still fit between the fences.

The Water Statics are in Water Statics, not WaterStatics, so I was seeing a WTF until I re-pointed them to the right folder. Just to confuse me, I have a WaterStatics folder, but the identical nifs in there have the wrong names.

The InnSign needs to be an Activator, not a static, or it won't swing. t's not significant for thw one above the door, as you don't get that high normally. The one by the road is more obvious.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 11 2013, 02:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 11 2013, 02:47 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

Ooh, okay I'll try it on the Bell Tower!

Did I change the name to WaterStatics? I have it as two words on mine, urk! I'll fix that, and the fire behind the bar (didn't notice that one before, just fixed the fire in the Player Suite before).

On the gate - the gate didn't fit without the posts, even trying several resized gates. I used the posts as a last resort, but I think I fixed them to sit better in the version of the mod I'm working on right now - lowered the fences better all around that area so things lay flatter.

How do I change the sign to an activator? Can I do it by editing its base?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 11 2013, 03:50 AM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Changing the sign to an activator will need a new nif with animation enabled and the hinge constraints set. It may be better to leave it as a static, and I'll look into making a different (fingerboard style) sign for the roadside.

I just noticed that the water is sloping in the tub! It doesn't matter if the tub's slanted, but the water needs to be level!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 11 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

Version 1.4 is up - finally got the Priory bells ringing thanks to Ghastley! I didn't get your poster in yet, I will ASAP - I was having issues with the ESP, and didn't know if I should try to upload them into the mod without merging the two ESP's or what - needed to ask you and didn't have time to work on it any more today (I've worked on it steadily all night till now, just got the Priory bells to ring about 3 hours ago, had to delete everything that wasn't working and get it out of there.

Here are the updates, I'll list 1.3 too since most people are still using Version 1.2:

Version 1.4 updates

Per request cluttered up corral a bit - Sheep ken, small vinyard, a few weeds and flowers
Added 2 sheep, Daisy and Petunia

Per request added the sound of the Weynon Priory bells ringing the hour - Thank you Ghastley for all your help with that!

Added ambient bird sounds
Added 3 butterflies
Added the Umpa bard playing inside the inn, and a few other ambients
Fixed more fires oriented wrong
Lowered fences and leveled barn so it can be ridden out of now
Changed the two outside signs to activators
Added a few animations

Version 1.3 updates:

Fixed floating bedroll
Added sign at road
Fixed fence issues and added gate at road
Removed large rock

Version 1.2 updates:

(Can't thank Ghastley enough for these corrections!)

The Wobbly Goblet Inn now has a beautiful sign on the front door!
Fixed Eyja's bed 2" off floor
Fixed fire in Player's Suite not oriented correctly
Sound Files issue fixed!
Slope leveled for stables and corral fence.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 11 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

If anyone can't wait for the poster they can get it here.

It's just a poster on the wall, and a piece of charcoal not too far away....

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 13 2015, 04:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 12 2013, 03:00 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

Anyone who downloaded Version 1.4:

If your sign isn't showing up, go into you Oblivion/Data/Meshes folder and find the folder named "Sign" that has the Wobbly Sign in it = rename that FOLDER named "Sign" to "GS" and your signs should show in game.

I deleted that upload and reuploaded it with the file name fixed, I am so sorry!

GAAAAAAH!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 12 2013, 03:19 AM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, I downloaded, but of course I had that folder and didn't notice!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 12 2013, 03:41 AM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

I got your fixed one. The signs look great! Kjestrid spent the night playing with Daisy and Petunia. I love the additions!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 12 2013, 03:45 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jun 11 2013, 10:19 PM) *

Yes, I downloaded, but of course I had that folder and didn't notice!

Acadian had the same trouble with the Water Statics that you did, and they are labeled correctly. What is happening to them is in copying/merging the files into the Oblivion/Data/Meshes - the computer is merging them into a folder called "Waterstatics," and the mod is looking for a folder called "Water Statics."

The Water Statics folder may just need to be hand dropped into the Oblivion/Data/Meshes to save issues, argh.

If you have any tips on how to package it better for easier upload, I'm all ears.

I was going to PM you first chance I get free about the Poster, where/how to put the meshes and textures in (because using the ESP caused issues on my CS and game) - The CS said it couldn't find the master and the game crashed on up start till I removed the ESP. This week was a pressure cooker here, so I had to tackle it when I had the free time (and a back-up of my mod ESP, lol).

Thank you so much for all your help Ghastley, those bells were driving me crazy! Lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 12 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

It's the spaces again. Somewhere between 1.1 and 1.4 the esp changed its name from "AAA Wobbly" to "AAAWobbly" - probably when we were fixing the voice files. At one point my game had both active at once, and that caused problems, too.

I use TEV4Files to pull all the mod's files together. I'm not sure where the official download site is for that utility. I got it several years ago.

It overdoes things, and you need to delete some of the stuff it extracts, like the LOD stuff that belongs to your entire mod collection, not just the one you're dealing with. If you see folders you don't expect, or you get both "Water Statics" and "WaterStatics" then you need to fix things and extract again. I'm always having to copy textures to other folders and re-point the nif's.

If the name change is permanent, I'll update the poster mod for the new one.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jun 12 2013, 02:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:45 PM