Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Kothet's Story, A dremora in Skyrim, and his housecarl.
ghastley
post Jul 18 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Kothet was a (dead) character in the Gweden Brothel mod. He was the Dremora Valkynaz who owned Prizna, before she killed him and escaped. I resurrected him to be the test character for the Dremora Hearthfires mod for Skyrim, and he hung around a bit longer than expected.

Since a Dremora in Skyrim normally only wears a special version of Daedric armour (with reduced stats) he can't use most regular armour, so his story reflects that limitation, and the gear he does use is the same as the houscarl can use in my mod, which was of course added to the game as wearable by a Dremora.

The housecarl's combat style and equipment are set by the mod to complement the abilities of the player character, so a mage, defined as a player who has higher magicka than health or stamina, wil get an archer housecarl. An archer ( a non-mage with Marksman skill above one- or two-handed) gets a melee housecarl, and others get a mage. Kothet's preference is two-handed, although he starts off using a one-handed weapon with a spell in the other. The spell-book offers three choices of housecarl - male, regular female, and sexy female. The last of those wears skimpier outfits, and has the sultry voice rather than the commander voice.

Kothet's story is already well under way, and I'll start to post more episodes here once I finish posting Clark's. There's a link at the top for those who've forgotten about Prizna's interview with Clark. I linked to the copy here, not the one on my site with the nude picture of her.

-----------------------

1 - Helgen

I can understand the Stormcloaks deciding to hide in my cave. The entrance is well-concealed, which is why I chose it. And it stays that way, if I'm careful how I enter, and don't leave obvious footprints outside.

I can understand how the pursuing Imperials found them, too. What I can't understand is why the Imperials think I'm one of them. Seriously, how many Stormcloaks have horns?

I'm not talking about helmets here. My horns are on my head, just like any of the Kyn. But we are few in Tamriel, so maybe they've never seen a Dremora before.

Whatever they were thinking, we all ended up on the same cart headed for Helgen. I presume I was vocal about the Imperials' incompetence in including me, because I don't remember much about the journey, just waking with a sore head as we approached the town. By that time, I'd given up trying to make our captors actually think. They were military, which would generally mean that thinking was for officers only.

---

I know this because once, I was an officer. In Mehrunes Dagon's forces, I led the attack that took Ganonah, the city the locals call Kvatch. Which is why I got the blame when it was taken back, even though I wasn't there at the time. I was the officer, so I should have forseen the possibility, and not left the place under the command of a subordinate . Even though Dagon himself had sent me elsewhere, on an assignment beneath my station.

To make matters worse, the woman I'd been given as a reward for my success at Ganonah had turned on me. Admittedly, I'd probably been unfair in the way I treated her. Anger at Dagon can't be directed towards him, and she probably got the worst of my frustration. I was on guard duty - me, a Valkynaz, on guard duty! - inside the gate we'd opened near Bravil. That's where she killed me. A mere woman struck me down, with shock spells to weaken me, and a final blow from a mace! I was so proud of the way she did it, but of course, unable to tell her until I was restored.

And then, equally, I was in no position to do so, because I was somewhere else in Tamriel. I have no idea how long I was in the heatless flames of Oblivion waiting for restoration, but I expected to be restored in the Deadlands, in familiar territory. Clearly I'd lost even more of Dagon's regard by being slain by my own woman, and he'd sent me to guard another gate, this time from the outside.

I'd only been there a few hours, when the fire in the gate suddenly ceased, meaning the gate was closed, and I was stuck in the mortal world until Dagon decided to recall me. Given his recent actions, I did not imagine that happening soon.

---

Two centuries later, I'm still here. Each time I die, I'm restored to Tamriel, not the Deadlands. So stripping off my armour and wrestling a bear wasn't as much use as I thought it would be. It just lost me some useful equipment, and I had to replace it with lesser things that mortals had made. Since then, I've learned to make my own.

When these Imperial clowns have finished with me, I'll need to make some more, as they took everything when they put us on the carts. Since I'd just crawled out of my bedroll when the Stormcloaks arrived, I wasn't even wearing my armour, and they gave me some crude sack-cloth things to cover myself.

I can see Helgen gates now, so it looks like we'll be there in a few minutes. Hopefully there will be a competent officer in charge, and I'll be released.

---

The horse-thief the soldiers had rounded up with us didn't have any confidence in officers, and tried to run as soon as we got off the carts. He died in a volley of arrows.

There was a legionary calling the roll of prisoners, and lining us up for the General. I'd heard of this Tullius, and he seemed like a man who could think. I was confident that their mistake would soon be rectified.

Obviously, my name wasn't on their list. They didn't even know it yet, because I hadn't told them. The unthinking grunts hadn't asked; it wasn't their job. The legionary asked his commander, a woman, what he should do. This was as it should be, pass the decision-making up the chain, and do not take responsibility on yourself. I expected her in turn to ask Tullius, but she decided that she didn't need to bother him with this level of decision, and arbitrarily condemned me to join the others in line for the block.

Part of me admired her confidence in her own decisions, but most of me just wanted to kill her. I stared at the Captain, learning her features so I would know her if we met again. No, when we met again. Even if I had to return from the dead to kill her, and of course I would do so.

I was the second to the block. It had me thinking that I might even be returned before all the executions were complete, and how beautiful would be the justice if I could place her head on this very block in my next life. But then the dragon came, and everything was confusion.

---

I found myself running into a tower with one of the Stormcloaks. My hands were still bound, and he had nothing to cut the ropes. How he'd got his own free, I wasn't sure. We went looking for weapons, and eventually found some. With my hands loose, and an axe in one of them, I could determine my own fate.

And fate led my nemesis to me. The same Captain led a small group of Imperials into the chamber, and my Stormcloak allies helped me deliver justice. I took her armour, adjusted the straps to suit my very different shape, and put it on. Her ample chest meant that she wore a size large enough to protect a male, but it wasn't quite the right shape. I discarded the top half, even though it was plate that might have melted down. There was no smelter or forge here.

Ralof laughed when I tried it on. "We'll no doubt find you some more as we go further in," he predicted. "Probably not plate, but the regular Imperial armour isn't too bad. Of course, I can understand you not wanting to be mistaken for one of them. Especially not for a woman!"

I felt the thought he hadn't expressed. The hope that I wouldn't get the chance to take any Stormcloak amour. He didn't want to find any fallen comrades on our way out.

---

Some did fall, but they were crushed by the collapse of part of the buildings just after we passed, and out of our reach. I managed to add a basic long bow and some iron arrows, from an Imperial archer, but didn't bother to trade any armour. His covered more, but was thinner. We both picked up some potions, lockpicks and minor items as we passed through the cave beyond the dungeons. Some of those arrows went into fighting spiders and a bear.

Ralof and I parted company at the exit to the cave. He was going to head for another small town called Riverwood, where his sister lived. I was more inclined to try and head back towards my cave. I'd survived well enough in Tamriel by keeping away from the people, so going into town wasn't my first choice.

But I wasn't familiar with this part of Skyrim, so I ended up finding myself in the same town I was trying to avoid. It seemed that all the trails on this side of Helgen lead to the same place.

---

I went into the general store, hoping to trade some of the Imperial military junk I'd picked up for something a bit less tied to one side of the Civil War. I walked into the middle of an argument betwen the shopkeeper and his sister about something that had been stolen. Since he didn't seem to want to discuss trade until that subject was dealt with, I found myself agreeing to look for the missing item. I really had no intention of going to look for it, but his description intrigued me. It seemed to resemble a Clannfear Claw, something I hadn't seen for decades. I wondered if it actually was one that had been gilded as a trophy.

I got a decent trade for my goods, so apparently my agreement had put him in a good mood. His sister pointed out Bleak Falls Barrow on the hills at the other side of the valley as the likely place it had been taken. The map I'd bought put it on one of the trails that crossed the hills towards Whiterun, and I had to pass near that city to get back to the Rift and my cave. It was a bit longer that way, but why not take a look?

I suppose I was also looking forward to the prospect of some combat. There would be bandits this way, the ones that had stolen the claw at least, and the other route was a well-used road that would be relatively boring. I headed for the hills.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 18 2016, 06:07 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ghastley   Kothet's Story   Jul 18 2016, 05:06 PM
Acadian   Welcome to Kothet! What an interesting backgr...   Jul 20 2016, 06:30 PM
hazmick   Now this promises to be an interesting take on thi...   Jul 22 2016, 02:29 PM
mALX   Wait, so if I take something like the "Naught...   Jul 26 2016, 01:51 AM
Darkness Eternal   You know it isn't everday we hear about a Drem...   Jul 28 2016, 12:55 AM
Grits   Oh this is great, I love to see Skyrim from differ...   Jul 29 2016, 03:29 AM
ghastley   Acadian: The Captain opportunity is why I decided ...   Aug 8 2016, 01:54 PM
Acadian   A nice retelling of the Bleak Falls Barrow interco...   Aug 8 2016, 07:54 PM
Darkness Eternal   When Kothet mentioned looting the bandit I imagine...   Aug 8 2016, 09:22 PM
ghastley   Acadian: Yes, one problem with an immortal charact...   Aug 15 2016, 01:42 PM
Acadian   Wow, Kothet is not half-stepping it regarding the ...   Aug 15 2016, 10:43 PM
hazmick   I always feel sorry for that first dragon. He...   Aug 16 2016, 12:42 AM
Renee   This is fun to read. You make playing a dremora ve...   Aug 16 2016, 12:57 AM
mALX   2 -Bleak Falls Barrow - Wow, this is a totally dif...   Aug 21 2016, 11:21 AM
mALX   3 -Whiterun Aw, I thought the people of Whiterun ...   Aug 21 2016, 11:39 AM
ghastley   Acadian: Kothet thinks in military terms. If he...   Aug 22 2016, 01:44 PM
Acadian   I enjoyed Kothet’s realization that the pale Nor...   Aug 24 2016, 03:03 PM
Renee   Nice to be in Forsworn territory. This made me wan...   Aug 27 2016, 04:24 AM
ghastley   Acadian: Kothet's map doesn't name it, so ...   Aug 29 2016, 01:58 PM
Acadian   ’Either I'd not noticed it on the way in, be...   Aug 29 2016, 06:00 PM
ghastley   Acadian: Further foraging required, as he still ne...   Sep 5 2016, 04:47 PM
Acadian   Some good traveling and dungeoneering as Kothet se...   Sep 5 2016, 06:15 PM
Renee   Yes! dremora versus draugr! :viking: I lov...   Sep 7 2016, 02:16 AM
ghastley   Acadian: Kother has noticed her bumps, and he...   Sep 12 2016, 02:14 PM
Acadian   Good teamwork between Kothet and his beautiful but...   Sep 12 2016, 03:42 PM
Grits   Whatever she thought, she didn't follow immed...   Sep 14 2016, 01:07 PM
Renee   I really love reading this, as it's whetting m...   Sep 15 2016, 01:22 AM
ghastley   Acadian: Kothet decided to provision for the fight...   Sep 19 2016, 02:36 PM
Acadian   Nice how crafting jewelry improved Kothet's he...   Sep 20 2016, 06:43 PM
Renee   Congrads on getting that crafting table fixed up. ...   Sep 22 2016, 01:31 AM
ghastley   Acadian: He finally gets some variety in his foes ...   Sep 26 2016, 02:13 PM
haute ecole rider   :lol: :P I remember exploring that side of the...   Sep 26 2016, 05:15 PM
Acadian   Hee! This is turning into a Dremoran love sto...   Sep 27 2016, 12:07 AM
ghastley   haute: I haven't been round there with one of ...   Oct 3 2016, 02:11 PM
haute ecole rider   haute: I haven't been round there with one of...   Oct 3 2016, 02:58 PM
Acadian   Like Rider, I found it sort of nice to know that H...   Oct 3 2016, 08:16 PM
Renee   Spiders ... yicch! Good thing she let him hold...   Oct 8 2016, 06:13 AM
ghastley   haute: Kothet regards a "good view" as a...   Oct 10 2016, 03:17 PM
Acadian   As I've said, Nchuand-Zel is one of my fave du...   Oct 12 2016, 11:47 PM
Renee   That makes sense, carrying only the most useful me...   Oct 16 2016, 11:41 PM
ghastley   Acadian: The metal spiders have the extra annoying...   Oct 17 2016, 02:01 PM
Acadian   I chuckled as Kothet pointed out that finished ing...   Oct 17 2016, 10:00 PM
ghastley   Acadian: Dwarven stuff has to get ridiculously hea...   Oct 24 2016, 02:47 PM
haute ecole rider   I loved this murder investigation in Morthal! ...   Oct 24 2016, 03:44 PM
Acadian   Nice telling of the mystery of Morthal! Buf...   Oct 24 2016, 10:06 PM
Renee   Buffy lost interest in the town This is true fo...   Oct 28 2016, 12:34 AM
ghastley   Acadian: I almost had the housecarl do all the cha...   Oct 31 2016, 11:06 PM
haute ecole rider   I really like this observation of Kothet's. ...   Oct 31 2016, 11:57 PM
Acadian   A busy pair of Dremora! It is great fun to f...   Nov 1 2016, 02:29 AM
ghastley   haute: He's different, but not too different, ...   Nov 7 2016, 02:51 PM
Acadian   Glad that Danica was happy. Gildergreen is a nice...   Nov 7 2016, 07:53 PM
Renee   Yes, I noticed that too Acadian, the destination ...   Nov 8 2016, 12:13 AM
ghastley   Acadian: Kothet has been stuck in Tamriel without ...   Nov 14 2016, 02:53 PM
Acadian   Another of my fave Dwemer dungeons! This was...   Nov 14 2016, 07:39 PM
ghastley   Acadian: "Aww, Mjoll will certainly appreciat...   Nov 21 2016, 02:57 PM
Acadian   Wonderful job of showing us the motormouth enthusi...   Nov 21 2016, 08:04 PM
Renee   Gotta love Motormouth Mjoll. :D Just when you thin...   Nov 22 2016, 12:21 AM
ghastley   Acadian: Gathered hearts mean karmic demotion for ...   Nov 28 2016, 02:54 PM
Acadian   I’ve never done the Mehrune’s Razor/Museum que...   Nov 29 2016, 01:06 AM
ghastley   Acadian: Not much detail on the sub-quests, I...   Dec 5 2016, 03:17 PM
Acadian   ’I didn't think that was a good idea.’ - -...   Dec 5 2016, 07:32 PM
Renee   That part did seem sort of like a test, a trick fr...   Dec 10 2016, 03:27 PM
ghastley   Acadian: We solved the mystery of the "no tal...   Dec 12 2016, 03:06 PM
Acadian   Jane the Jiggly! Oops, I mean Zahra. Good de...   Dec 12 2016, 04:50 PM
Renee   :D   Dec 17 2016, 07:36 PM
ghastley   Aacadian: Not fear, disgust. Renee: :P ------...   Dec 20 2016, 11:07 AM
Acadian   Bandits vs Necrodudes vs Druglords – Ustengravâ€...   Dec 20 2016, 02:27 PM
haute ecole rider   You know, the first time I did this, and again a...   Dec 20 2016, 04:24 PM
ghastley   I've been in England (and cut off from the int...   Dec 30 2016, 03:54 PM
Acadian   Welcome back from your trip! "Yes, I...   Dec 31 2016, 02:31 PM
ghastley   Acadian: You are surprisingly perceptive for a mor...   Jan 2 2017, 01:24 PM
Acadian   Kothet is making some fine progress in the main qu...   Jan 2 2017, 08:22 PM
Renee   I've fallen behind on Kothet's story ...   Jan 6 2017, 12:57 AM
ghastley   Acadian: I'm playing Morrowind at the moment, ...   Jan 9 2017, 03:23 PM
Acadian   ’Actually, the one good thing about the Forsworn...   Jan 9 2017, 07:14 PM
ghastley   Previously: Kopthet has found Alduin's Wall, a...   Jan 16 2017, 03:44 PM
Acadian   Nice observations from Kothet on the Blades vs Gra...   Jan 16 2017, 08:44 PM
Renee   I notice this too, how Brel stole the show in your...   Jan 18 2017, 09:12 PM
ghastley   Acadian: Brelyna is the obvious choice, because sh...   Jan 23 2017, 03:12 PM
Acadian   I enjoyed Kothet’s musings about ‘the meaning ...   Jan 23 2017, 11:46 PM
ghastley   Acadian: I'm not sure I'd actually call th...   Jan 30 2017, 03:23 PM
Acadian   I was curiously awaiting Kothet’s encounter with...   Jan 30 2017, 08:26 PM
Renee   Whoa, Sinderion makes it to Skyrim in the 4th Era?...   Jan 31 2017, 07:18 PM
ghastley   Acadian: I haven't yet decided if he'll en...   Feb 6 2017, 02:54 PM
Renee   He addressed me as "mortal" - clearly ...   Feb 13 2017, 03:45 PM
Acadian   That was funny when Alduin taunted about sending t...   Feb 6 2017, 07:19 PM
ghastley   Acadian: Kothet is not a mortal, so he'd be th...   Feb 13 2017, 03:37 PM
Acadian   It is great fun to read of the mid/latter stages o...   Feb 13 2017, 09:08 PM
ghastley   Acadian: It has been pointed out that the draugr h...   Feb 20 2017, 06:07 PM
Acadian   Poor Kothet. Offered that mask to Zahra the Jiggl...   Feb 20 2017, 09:21 PM
ghastley   Acadian: It ain't over 'til the big guy sh...   Feb 27 2017, 03:00 PM
Acadian   Back to the land of the living. By Azura! ...   Feb 28 2017, 01:16 AM
ghastley   Acadian: Well, there's alive, and there's ...   Mar 6 2017, 03:20 PM
Acadian   How do you disarm a mage indeed? I always liked ...   Mar 6 2017, 07:22 PM
ghastley   - "Can you trust whover gets control after y...   Mar 6 2017, 07:26 PM
Acadian   Heh, it is dialogue so I'll leave that to howe...   Mar 6 2017, 08:08 PM
Renee   [censored], I've fallen so far behind. Been bu...   Mar 8 2017, 04:58 PM
ghastley   Acadian: Since Titus is only there for the DB ques...   Mar 13 2017, 02:11 PM
Acadian   With the Emperor on ice, back to work for the Drem...   Mar 13 2017, 05:53 PM
ghastley   Acadian: Kothet's more accustomed to working w...   Mar 20 2017, 01:31 PM
2 Pages V  1 2 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:03 AM