Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A call to arms
Troika
post Mar 11 2006, 06:21 AM
Post #1

Agent

OK, now I'll be the first one to call myself a hypocrite for marching back in here like this, but the mod needs to get back moving. The game will be out before the month is out, and to anyone who takes a look, this mod may as well be dead... When I left the mod several months back, I said I wasn't gone for good, and now I'm back. And some serious decisions have to be made before we get our hands on the CS so that we can at least hit the ground running.

I don't hold much sway in the project any more, but we need to get the team reassembled and refocused. Focused on the points that matter. And as far as I can see, there's only a few.

1. What kind of numbers are we looking at in terms of actual individual books (including stories broken into segments)

2. Final layout plans for housing the books.

3. Are all the pieces spellchecked, edited and ready to roll?

The new site, from what I can gather, has crashed and burned, but we can run everything from here. I'm on the verge of collapsing from lack of sleep right now, so it'll be 24 hours before I start taking action, but I need to know who's still in, who's out and who's new and ready to do some work.

Watch this space.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Mar 11 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Troika @ Mar 11 2006, 12:21 AM)
OK, now I'll be the first one to call myself a hypocrite for marching back in here like this, but the mod needs to get back moving. The game will be out before the month is out, and to anyone who takes a look, this mod may as well be dead... When I left the mod several months back, I said I wasn't gone for good, and now I'm back. And some serious decisions have to be made before we get our hands on the CS so that we can at least hit the ground running.

I don't hold much sway in the project any more, but we need to get the team reassembled and refocused. Focused on the points that matter. And as far as I can see, there's only a few.

1. What kind of numbers are we looking at in terms of actual individual books (including stories broken into segments)

2. Final layout plans for housing the books.

3. Are all the pieces spellchecked, edited and ready to roll?

The new site, from what I can gather, has crashed and burned, but we can run everything from here. I'm on the verge of collapsing from lack of sleep right now, so it'll be 24 hours before I start taking action, but I need to know who's still in, who's out and who's new and ready to do some work.

Watch this space.

huzzah! huzzah! huzzah!
viking.gif viking.gif viking.gif

Troika's back!

I'm still in. I know that Stargazey is still in. as for anyone else I am not certain. We have started a new thread about it on the forums.
the thread.

This post has been edited by stargate525: Mar 11 2006, 05:33 PM

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
+Quote Post
Troika
post Mar 12 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #3

Agent

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Mar 11 2006, 05:32 PM)
huzzah! huzzah! huzzah!
viking.gif  viking.gif  viking.gif

Troika's back!
I'm still in. I know that Stargazey is still in. as for anyone else I am not certain. We have started a new thread about it on the forums.
the thread.

Good work... I've just added my own little *cough* piece there.

So, what is the current status of the works? What rough percentage are in a 'ready-to-roll' state? And do we have any kind of rough figure for how many pieces we actually have at this point in time?
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Mar 12 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Troika @ Mar 11 2006, 06:20 PM)
Good work... I've just added my own little *cough* piece there.

*cough* novel! *cough*

So, what is the current status of the works?

err, I'm not sure if we still have all of them to be honest...

What rough percentage are in a 'ready-to-roll' state?
maybe.. half? If we're lucky.

And do we have any kind of rough figure for how many pieces we actually have at this point in time?
My guess is at least fifty or so.

sorry to have you come back to such a disrepaired mess....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Mar 12 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #5

Tes F'Ruum Leader

Welcome back there, Sir Troika.

To be bluntly honest, the mod has fallen into disrepair. We lost most (all?) of the original works, most (all?) of the original members, and a lot of interest. I personally have a lot of the works on my HD, but aside from that ...

As for ready to roll, ... we're not even close.
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Mar 12 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Mar 11 2006, 11:26 PM)
Welcome back there, Sir Troika.

To be bluntly honest, the mod has fallen into disrepair. We lost most (all?) of the original works, most (all?) of the original members, and a lot of interest. I personally have a lot of the works on my HD, but aside from that ...

As for ready to roll, ... we're not even close.

the geocities site is still operational, so any that were on there are still intact. Personally, I think we should round up the founders and force them to kepp writing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Troika
post Mar 12 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Agent

Well, in times like this, there is only one thing to be done... One must stand tall, stand together, and say in a loud, defiant voice that will echo through the epochs of time itself...

crap...

Meh, so we're not going to be the first mod out for this thing... Big surprise! We always knew that.

So, taking a look at our current situation, I think we should concentrate on salvaging all the pieces we can... If W4O would permit it, I think we should try and get all the pieces together in a thread here... we aren't enough people to keep a website updated enough, and it gives everyone direct access to everything.

So put the brakes on getting new works... Of course, we won't turn anyone away that wants to add something, but our main concern is getting our existing stock into shape. We have most of the Founders' Fates already on the geocities site, and mine has pretty much written itself if you read my post over at the official site smile.gif

Also, we need to prune back this forum to the essential threads... anything older than three months (as long as it doesn't contain stories or important info on the mod) we should ditch, and if multiple threads can be condensed down into one, then it should also be done.

I don't have any moderator rights on this forum any more, so hopefully one of you can do that...
+Quote Post
brgenerator
post Mar 12 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #8

Retainer

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm not exactly a veteran around here, but i'm up for doing my bit to get this mod back on its feet.

You're not looking for any more works, but posted one before that post...so tongue.gif!

But yeah, anthing i can do to help, just let me know.
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Mar 13 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

So who's going to do the stories thread?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Alexander
post Mar 13 2006, 08:04 AM
Post #10

Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Troika @ Mar 12 2006, 10:48 PM)
<snip>

good to see you back Troika smile.gif

and feel free to make such a thread as you see fit smile.gif

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post
Troika
post Mar 13 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #11

Agent

Crikey... Well, the thread that contains all edited pieces is up and running, and I've already transferred all the edited pieces from geocities...

And you'll be pleased to know that we already have have 67 pieces ready to go... This means that all in all, we must have around 120 pieces in total so far, what with the competition entries and unedited works. But that means we have a lot of work... Only half of our pieces are edited so far!

But, let's concentrate on one thing at a time first... getting all these stories onto these boards, where we can get at them easily. Once they're here, we can start focusing on getting them edited.
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 14 2006, 07:03 AM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

This is a little off topic but... Troika, you have been a member for like nine months or something and you only have ~135 posts, and half of them are from today, so I am assuming I can say welcome back and from what you have said above you seem very goal-oriented and focused, I can admire that...just like all the employers that have denyed me bad jobs that I can't get excited about.

Just make sure not to take it/things too far and remove the enjoyment from the task, but thus far you are 99% inspiring and maybe 1% other stuff, so ....GO YOU!

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
Troika
post Mar 14 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #13

Agent

Thanks, jchamber... A lot of my drive comes from the guilt of me abandoning this mod a little while back, and so feeling a personal responsibility for the state that it is now in... I was the one who came up with the idea, you know...

And I'll be sure to keep an eye on people's enjoyment levels... I think an enjoyment saturation factor of 10,000ppm is a fairly good minimum.

But remember that there will be times when you have to think of the bigger picture... times when their isn't much enjoyment in a current task, but its completion makes things worthwhile... like filling a thread up with edited stories... two hours of my life... poof... gone without a trace, espcially without a party... but I'm glad it's done.

So I'll make sure that everyone's enjoyment levels are well above 10.000ppm... for the most part smile.gif
+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post Mar 14 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Troika @ Mar 14 2006, 09:39 AM)
Thanks, jchamber... A lot of my drive comes from the guilt of me abandoning this mod a little while back, and so feeling a personal responsibility for the state that it is now in... I was the one who came up with the idea, you know...

And I'll be sure to keep an eye on people's enjoyment levels... I think an enjoyment saturation factor of 10,000ppm is a fairly good minimum.

But remember that there will be times when you have to think of the bigger picture... times when their isn't much enjoyment in a current task, but its completion makes things worthwhile... like filling a thread up with edited stories... two hours of my life... poof... gone without a trace, espcially without a party... but I'm glad it's done.

So I'll make sure that everyone's enjoyment levels are well above 10.000ppm... for the most part smile.gif

Off you go then Troika, work work work! evillol.sml.gif

In all seriousness, I think we should draw up a nice big list of all the things that we need to do.

Number 1 and 2, as suggested before by Troika, would be:

getting all these stories onto these boards, where we can get at them easily. Once they're here, we can start focusing on getting them edited.

Now, how do you suggest we go about doing this?

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Mar 15 2006, 02:41 AM
Post #15

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(vaanic~one @ Mar 14 2006, 10:29 AM)
Now, how do you suggest we go about doing this?

Personally, I think #1 should be getting a mod to clean out half the junk sitting on the bottom of these pages...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Troika
post Mar 15 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #16

Agent

I have reduced the forum by a page doing exactly that... after setting up the first stories thread, I just went through and asked a mod to delet about 20-25 topics...

The other threads that have stories in them need to be condensed into one thread... just the story (remembering to note the author - both the forum name and in-book author)
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Mar 15 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Troika @ Mar 15 2006, 01:48 PM)
I have reduced the forum by a page doing exactly that... after setting up the first stories thread, I just went through and asked a mod to delet about 20-25 topics...

The other threads that have stories in them need to be condensed into one thread... just the story (remembering to note the author - both the forum name and in-book author)

Since we have so many books in seeming limbo right now, I'm going to go and copy all the stories here, stick them into a files on my comp, .rar it, and have a good compressed archive for all of us. I'll do it later tonight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Troika
post Mar 22 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #18

Agent

Well, it's here... I won't be getting it for another 3-5 days, so in the meantime, I'll be out of my skull on prozac, between fits of random sobbing and meandering jabbering about the young pixies who live in the statue. If you've already got the game, enjoy it. If it's taking you longer then me to get it (why so long?! Berlin ain't the a-hole of the universe!), then I feel for ya. Pretty much everything goes into slow-mo now for a few weeks, so I'll see you all on the other side of oblivion... smile.gif

Have fun, and get ready to kick library butt when we come back...

This post has been edited by Troika: Mar 22 2006, 12:55 AM
+Quote Post
Troika
post Apr 2 2006, 06:53 AM
Post #19

Agent

It's taking much longer than anticipated for play.com (or the english-german postal system) to pull their finger out and get me the GODDAMN GAME!

If anyone already has it, how's it looking so far in terms of fitting a library into the Imperial City? From what I've seen it looks pretty cramped in there, no extra space for new buildings...

Argh, I need this game really quite badly now... been expecting it for over a week now... *downs another couple of prozac*
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Apr 4 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Troika @ Apr 2 2006, 12:53 AM)
It's taking much longer than anticipated for play.com  (or the english-german postal system) to pull their finger out and get me the GODDAMN GAME!

If anyone already has it, how's it looking so far in terms of fitting a library into the Imperial City? From what I've seen it looks pretty cramped in there, no extra space for new buildings...

Argh, I need this game really quite badly now... been expecting it for over a week now... *downs another couple of prozac*

Imperial City.... Sticking it in a building populated zone (like the merchant's quarter or the residential sections) could be dicey, but there is a park, a cemetary, and the area around the arena we could put to good use.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:33 AM