Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Commonwealth Gallery!, A Fallout 4 screenshot thread
Lopov
post Nov 26 2016, 10:06 AM
Post #81

Master
Group Icon

Welcome home indeed, Hecate.

She's still as pretty as in the Mojave. Her black armor in the final pic reminds me of Chinese Stealth Armor. Is that a dead Ghoul behind her or a skeleton in torn clothes?

It's the mushroom cloud! You plan on doing the MQ with Hecate?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 26 2016, 02:08 PM
Post #82

Paladin
Group Icon

With Shi having paved the way, it is nice to welcome Hecate to FO4. She looks fabulicious and certainly resembles her prior incarnation. Your game/graphics and especially the sky look wonderful - although I understand from your reviews that mods play a role in that.

Love the ponytail (of course) and she does indeed look very sleek and ready for business in that last shot.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 26 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #83

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 25 2016, 01:44 AM) *

Howdy, Shi. Looking good, are we? Shi looks seasoned like she's seen her share of adventures. If Shi were in TES, she'd be a Redguard, wouldn't Shi?

I think that is the Halle Berry preset with some special SubRosa touches and a different hairdo = same preset I used for my starter character last night. I didn't get any further than the starting scene in the bathroom, going to start over again and do a better job making her the next time my son is gone to work.

Can you change both the couple's looks or only the one you want to play? I was afraid to fix up the bum man, afraid I'd be stuck playing him when I wanted to only play the female.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 26 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

You can edit both the male and female faces. I read somewhere that your son ends up looking like a cross between the two of you, so I think you are expected to do them both. You can change the sex of the person you are editing at any time. Just be sure you are editing the one you want to play when you exit the character creation, as that is the one you end up with.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 26 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #85

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov: As far as I can tell F4 does not have Recon Armor. Or much black armor at all. Most things seem to be brown. So I had to hunt a little for mods to find something that looked similar to her old black recon armor.

Winter Wolf: It was kind of nice to actually see the Pre-War world for a bit. I tried running around a bit to look everything over, but when I ran past the army truck that is blocking the road out of Sanctuary Hills, the bomb went off and killed me. I think it is set to do that if you try to leave the area.

her eyes are from True Eyes

Lopov: Her armor is from the Sirius Assault Armor mod

That is a pre-war skeleton behind her. There are a lot of them outside the vault entrance.

I think I will do the MQ with Hecate. I usually do it with her. I guess she is my *official* character that way.

Acadian: I did not really change the daytime sky much at all, except to disable to godray effect. I think the vanilla daytime sky looks really good. The night sky is the most different, with a new moon and star field.

I could not find her signature ponytail in any mods. Thankfully Ponytail Hairstyles has migrated from Skyrim to the Commonwealth, with a lot more hair styles.

mALX: I used Gorgous Vault Girl, which replaces the first female preset. Then I tweaked that for about twenty minutes. LooksMenu made it a lot easier.

No one is prepared for this future

Lining up a shot with her Mk 14

Bloatfly go boom

Guns and Coffee

Fixin' up some vittles

The future still has cats

and dogs

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 26 2016, 06:42 PM
Post #86

Master
Group Icon

Not just Hecate, but bloatflies made it to Fallout 4 as well! And just like in previous games, they don't net you lots of XP. laugh.gif

Are you using vanilla skies or some mod? From what I see, there isn't any "tint" over the wasteland like it is in FO3 (green) and FNV (yellow). That's nice.

Guns & coffee & Hecate - deadly combo.

There's a pot and a chef's hat, if it weren't for Hecate's modern armor, I'd think it's Skyrim.

Nice to see our four-legged friends survive any cataclysmic event.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Nov 26 2016, 06:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 26 2016, 11:22 PM
Post #87

Paladin
Group Icon

What a wild billboard!

Is that a pipgirl she’s got on?

Kewl rifle.

Love the Starbuckshot coffee sticker. laugh.gif

Is that summon Jerric stew she’s making?

Aww, so nice there are cats and dogs – both look great.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 26 2016, 11:49 PM
Post #88

Knower
Group Icon

Lopov- Yeah, the sky is a real vivid blue in this game which is a nice change from the recent Fallout games. It does make sense as it is 200+ years since the bombs, and more importantly- few businessmen to pollute the atmosphere with factories and vehicles.

Surprising though- I do not like the look in FO4. I really hate the over-the-top cartoon look that the bright blue baby sky gives when it contrasts with the dead ground. Hence I use 'Spring in the Commonwealth' to fix the ground or a weather mod to add more variety to the sky.

SubRosa- Love the chef's hat! Just make sure the wildlife doesn't steal any rat stew from your plate. laugh.gif

Cooking is really neat and is much better than Skyrim (where it achieved little). Add some tea mods!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 27 2016, 11:14 AM
Post #89

Councilor
Group Icon

Hectate almost looks like that lady on Friends,. Um......... Courtney Cox., in that first set of pictures. But then after she gets her outfit, she is definitely Hectate.

She looks as though she'll fit right in with Boston nightlife, hee hee.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 27 2016, 11:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 27 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

Lopov: The Bloatflies are more dangerous in F4 than the other games. The barbs they shoot at you are now radioactive! They also have Bloodbags now too, giant radioactive mosquitoes.

My daytime skies are pure vanilla. I think the clouds and lighting in the day sky is far better than previous Beth games. I am using mods for my night sky though, a larger moon, new moon textures, and a new star/galaxy field. The weather system is a big improvement too. The rain is the best of any Beth game. And it doesn't fall though solid objects! biggrin.gif The ground even looks slick and wet when it rains. Best of all when it is cloudy or rainy, all the color in the world is not desaturated like in Skyrim. It is just cloudy, but if you are wearing a red bandanna it is still just as red, not grey.

I think there is actually a slight baby blue tint to F4, but I could be wrong. It does look much better than the other games, where Beth and Obsidian put their annoying green or yellow tints on everything. It looks more like a real world. In fact, I am often reminded of walking through the woods near my home in November.

Acadian: It is still a Pipboy, but I am working on that!

I thought the Starbucks sticker was a fun little surprise. That is one of the things I love about modded items. You never know what people are going to do with them. Plus of course, they are often higher quality than the vanilla items.

I think it is Mole Rat Chunks that Hecate was making. So that probably is a Summon Jerric potion!

Winter Wolf: I like F4 sky and weather much better than the previous games. It looks much more real and believable. I think there should be much more life and vegetation on the ground to go with it. 210 years is plenty of time for new growth to have replaced all those dead trees, just like all the land around Chernobyl and Hiroshima.

The first time I tried using that cooking station in Sanctuary Hills a radroach ran out of the nearby house and attacked me right in the middle of the cooking animation! It drove me nuts, because I could not get out of cooking mode until after it had bit me half a dozen times!

Renee: Hecate is mostly inspired by Megan Fox. But the face creation in F04 is not very good. Not nearly as good as Skyrim's. It would not let me shape her jaw the way I wanted to. And the glasses in the game and mods suck balls. But she came out well enough. smile.gif

Hecate has unleashed the beast

Now entering Concord

Hecate has a Raider in her sights

Time for the big gurl armor

The quick way down from the roof

Hecate is here to chew bubblegum and kick ass

...And she's all out of bubblegum

Raider spaghetti

The dragon awakes

He does not like Raiders either

Except perhaps for lunch

He does not like Hecate either

Dragonslayer

Last one standing

Hecate leads Garvey and company to safety

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 28 2016, 02:06 AM
Post #91

Paladin
Group Icon

Hecate is cutting her own swath across Boston.

Big gurl powered bionic armor!

That is so neat how the barrels on her minigun are smokin’ red hot.

That dragon thing is one ugly mothe- er, monster (inspired by Arnold’s line in The Predator).

Hecate took down that dragon with nary a shout.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 28 2016, 06:37 AM
Post #92

Knower
Group Icon

Wow! That is such an epic pic with the Deathclaw right behind the Raider. I have only had a glimpse of that from afar as I moved up the street. I love that you can show that close up pic on PC. smile.gif

Smoking hot barrels on that mini-gun!

Isn't it neat that the Power Armor shows missing parts where the frame is? I think that was a neat touch that Beth added to this game. smile.gif

Concord re-spawns both indoor and outdoor so you can go back and wipe the Raiders out wherever the urge hits! Unfortunately I haven't seen the Deathclaw come back, which console command can probably fix anyway!

What are your thoughts on Dogmeat? Do you see yourself using him much?

Oh, and what makes you think the Deathclaw is male? Aren't women more cranky when they wake up? laugh.gif

And just a tip. If you go too far down the Minuteman Quest you start to generate attacks on your settlements when you are away in the field. 'Your base is under attack will appear on the HUD' when you least need it.

For that reason I stopped doing that quest line once I got the group back to Sanctuary, and have not had one attack in 250+ hours.

Oblivion Gates, Dragon attacks, Vampire attacks, Feral Werewolves- Thank you Beth but I would not prefer to not have that in this game. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Nov 28 2016, 07:03 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 28 2016, 01:02 PM
Post #93

Master
Group Icon

Hecate looks like some boss character from Wolfenstein 3D game wearing that super duper power armor. Armor itself looks like some enterable 'robot' to me. I like its rusty looks, though. So you can wear PA without training?

Deathclaws look different, they still look ferocious but since I'm used to their brownish look from past games, the ones in FO4 remind me more of some Jurrassic park creatures.

I really do like raider armor and helmets, though. Knowing that it's possible to combine them all, I bet one can come up with interesting outfits. I also like Garvey's outfit, assuming that he's the African-American in the pic.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 28 2016, 03:58 PM
Post #94

Councilor
Group Icon

Gaah...giant bloodbag mosquitos yuck! winksad.gif

As awesome as power armor is, I love Hecty in her custom-made body suit. wub.gif

The rain is the best of any Beth game. And it doesn't fall though solid objects

Interesting. Last I heard this was still the same. Beth must have finally found a way to fix this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 29 2016, 06:20 AM
Post #95

Knower
Group Icon

Renee- Both Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE do not have rain-snow under shelter, so the latest engine they are using has sorted out the problem. In Skyrim you can now walk around a corner of a building on the lee side and be sheltered from the wind and snow (none appearing on the screen). Once you head around the other corner the snow appears once again. It is fantastic!

Lopov- I agree with your comments on the appearance of creatures. One thing that has gone backwards (IMO) is that the creatures look more 'Jurassic' and less scary. I still remember running from the Giant Raddies, Albinos, Deathclaws and Yao Guai with my heart pounding. I never feel that in FO4. Perhaps it is the coloring and art design.

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Nov 29 2016, 06:30 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 30 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

The creatures have a plastic look to me. Like a dinosaur toy would. I don't know if it is something in the base textures, or maybe a lack of bump mapping, or the specular mapping, or some combination of the three.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 30 2016, 12:45 AM
Post #97

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: The powered armor was fun. It was really underwhelming in FO3 and NV. But they really get it right in F4. It is like being superhuman. Bullets just bounce off, and you can actually fight hand to hand with the Deathclaw. In fact, you have to.

I thought it was neat the minigun barrels turned red with heat as well. Until the blasted thing overheated on me and would not fire. Something that happens all to quickly. It is really not a very good weapon, since it cannot sustain its fire for very long. sad.gif I spent as much time bashing the Deathclaw with the minigun as I did shooting it.

There may not have been a shout, but I guarantee there was plenty of yelling and cursing! laugh.gif I do love the Deathclaws in the FO universe. They are such awesome monsters.

Winter Wolf: That Deathclaw threw a truck at me! I am not sure if it was scripted, or if they will do that now with handy vehicles.

I am liking the Powered Armor. Though it is not entirely Hecate's personal cup of tea. I like how you can modify it, and even change the paint. The same with all the armor and weapons.

I kept Dogmeat for a little while. But I kept accidentally commanding him to do things just because he was in front of my mouse cursor that it drove me nuts. So just like in FO3, I eventually left him at home to watch the house. Or in this case at Sanctuary Hills to watch the neighborhood.

Well, I already went too far in the Minuteman quest! Hecate just finished up helping out a settlement that was being menaced by a Raider band in the Corvega Factory. That was a very cool place! The outside was paradise for a sniper like Hecate, and the inside had plenty of places to sneak around at get headshots upon unsuspecting Raiders.

Lopov: It has been ages since Wolfenstein 3D! Didn't that have Hitler in a suit of powered armor at the end? biggrin.gif

There is a lot more options when it comes to armor in F4, which I am still getting used to. First all clothing and armor comes in two layers. There is the base layer, which is your basic outfit and might not be armored at all. Then there is an armor layer that goes over that. The armor layer is not one piece, but rather a separate piece for each arm and leg, plus the torso, and then the head. So you have a total of 7 articles of clothing/armor that you can mix and match however you like.

Renee: The giant skeeters creeped me out at first too. But at least they are not too hard to kill. The 10mm Pistol you start with will take care of them.

I prefer Hecate in the bodysuit. And so does she. She's more the sneaky type, than the clomping around making a lot of noise type.

Not even the cat picture could calm these two

Boston skyline

Zoomed out

Hecate protects herself

Moonlight

Corvega Factory at night

Highway signs

Protectron

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 30 2016, 06:26 AM
Post #98

Knower
Group Icon

Not sure about that Deathclaw. Perhaps I was too busy laying the smackdown with the mini gun to notice that he was throwing around vehicles. I haven't noticed others do that either. Mostly they just pop up out of the ground.

Great to hear you had fun inside Corvega. That is actually one place that I have never been inside, despite walking past it around 100 times. Lol. I decided to leave one part of the game unexplored until the end. A treasure reward for the finally.

Sweet moon and elevated view from up there!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 30 2016, 01:26 PM
Post #99

Master
Group Icon

Hitler is indeed one of the bosses in Wolftenstein 3D.

I hope that whatever was in the safe, was at least worth being killed over.

Is the entire area you see in Boston Skyline shot, like those tall skyscrapers, actually reachable or it's like in FO3, where a bunch of distant buildings can't be reached?

Hecate obeys!

Acadian's going to love highway signs.

The cutest Fallout robot returns.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 30 2016, 01:49 PM
Post #100

Master
Group Icon

Outstanding screenies, Sub! I love the weapon swung over her back. It kills me that weapons just vanish GTA style in vanilla.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post

79 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:16 AM