5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kingdom Come: Deliverance, A new open-world RPG set in Medieval Europe
Decrepit
post Mar 15 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #81

Mouth
Group Icon

Woot, woot and woot again! smile.gif Henry did it!! biggrin.gif Made his escape and rode to what I assume will be a temporary sanctuary. He's been there long enough to get patched up, eat, sleep, have a most interesting talk with the castle's mistress, and now helps keep watch atop the castle battlements.

This session's initial riding attempts failed as miserably as did all previous attempts. A breakthrough of sorts came when I realized my fingers simply do no respond correctly when forced to keep W & R constantly pressed while periodically pressing A & D to steer. Those A & D fingers were spasming!!! I could not make 'em behave! Why this is so is beyond me, but there it is. My first thought was to move RUN ® elsewhere. But the few locations I thought made sense didn't pan out. Besides, R works out perfectly for foot travel, and is what I'm used to.

Then an idea came to me. Years ago, before I adapted to W S A D, I used Arrow Keys for movement. I left RUN at R, positioned my right hand atop the Arrows, and tried the escape. Success on my first attempt! Not a very graceful ride to be sure. But Henry got from point A to point B, which is all that matters. I did suffer one further SNAFU. During the run, Henry's horse must gallop most of the way. Only, it gets winded and needs to slow to a walk until recovered. Walk was easy, if scary. But for some reason I was unable to press R twice properly and resume gallop. Best I managed was a trot. That would have done Henry in pronto except he was close enough to safety for the chase conclusion cut scene to kick in ere he died.

Arrow Keys are not an ideal solution as they make mounted combat impossible. But hey, for now I'll take what I can get. As to not being able to resume gallop, I'm sure I'll work that out once able to practice riding under less stressful circumstances.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 15 2018, 08:57 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 21 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #82

Mouth
Group Icon

I am at long last beyond KCD's rather lengthy opening tutorial. Been enjoyable so far, but I'm not as obsessed with KCD as I was with Oblivion during its initial (and second) play-through. To be fair, the same can be said of Skyrim. There were times I felt the tutorial too linear, though it allows a great deal of freedom within that linearity, offering variations on quest/task progression comfortably beyond Bethesda's norm. KCD has so far shined at story telling. The game's overall atmosphere has been top notch too. Beautiful graphics once I bumped settings up to a mixture of Very High and Ultra. No performance issues to speak of. Some graphical glitches to be sure, but so far nothing worse than what can be encountered during an Oblivion session.

Hmm...I'm just rambling here. The point is, I continue to play KCD and enjoy it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 22 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #83

Master
Group Icon

Good, we can at least change his face. Count me in. laugh.gif I want my "Henry" to be different from everyone else's. tongue.gif

Congrads on getting the out of the tutorial, D. cake.gif Is there a place where KC D's computer specs have been posted? I want to see if I can make Ultra, or even High. I won't settle for anything lower than High, so I want to make my sure my comp can handle this.

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 23 2018, 12:29 AM
Post #84

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Mar 22 2018, 03:26 PM) *

Good, we can at least change his face. Count me in. laugh.gif I want my "Henry" to be different from everyone else's. tongue.gif

Congrads on getting the out of the tutorial, D. cake.gif Is there a place where KC D's computer specs have been posted? I want to see if I can make Ultra, or even High. I won't settle for anything lower than High, so I want to make my sure my comp can handle this.

Oddly, I didn't notice PC requirements listed on the official Warhorse website. I did find 'em elsewhere:

Minimum Requirements

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) [Windows 10 64-bit]
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 40 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

Recommended Requirements

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) [Windows 10 64-bit]
Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz, AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1060, AMD GPU Radeon RX 580
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 40 GB available space
Sound Card: Creative SOUND BLASTER Zx

Not sure how accurate these are, but suspect they're fairly close. The game has been further optimized since release, so might work well on slightly less powerful PCs. Or not.

Though my version of Henry will likely not stray far from the strait and narrow, based on some of the "quests" he's been offered and what I've seen in some YouTube LP episodes, I'd guess that those who decide to indulge in less honorable activities will fine much that pleases.

Favorite "Perk" my version of Henry will almost certainly never take: Manly Odour. "When dirty, you'll have 50% more Charisma when talking to women. However, people will smell you a mile off, reducing your Stealth skill by 30%."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 23 2018, 01:06 PM
Post #85

Master
Group Icon

Ha ha ha "Manly Odour." laugh.gif What the hell?

It looks like I just make the minimal specs there. Damn. That's sad. My processor just makes the hurdle for "Recommended" and I've got 16 gigs of RAM, but my graphics card is GTX 760. Dang. I don't feel like upgrading anymore, you know?

Maybe I'll be okay with medium specs; that's probably where I'm at.

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 23 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #86

Mouth
Group Icon

I might meet the minimums, but never the recommended. I thought about adding another 8gb or RAM, but when I checked recently the price of mine had doubled.

--------------------
We were here.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Apr 13 2018, 03:50 PM
Post #87

Mouth
Group Icon

I still haven't played enough KCD to give it an honest, accurate eval. I did come across a reasonably recent YouTube eval that reflects many of my thoughts thus far. (Some if not all quest breaking bugs/glitches mentioned are purportedly fixed by recent patches.)

There are some minor spoilers within the video. Take care if you prefer to avoid that sort of thing.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2018 - 07:38 AM