Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Dark Reaper
post Oct 10 2018, 04:13 PM
Post #3481

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 10 2018, 01:11 AM) *

Fired up Super Castlevania IV on this one’s mini SNES. Khajiit didn’t get very far as he was playing rather recklessly, but the game is as fun as ever!

Ah Castlevania IV...the third level was always my favorite as it had the best music in the game happy.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 10 2018, 04:34 PM
Post #3482

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Oct 10 2018, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 10 2018, 01:11 AM) *

Fired up Super Castlevania IV on this one’s mini SNES. Khajiit didn’t get very far as he was playing rather recklessly, but the game is as fun as ever!

Ah Castlevania IV...the third level was always my favorite as it had the best music in the game happy.gif .

The game is just chock full of awesome tunes! Easily some of this one’s favorite music in all of gamingdom.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Oct 14 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #3483

Mouth
Group Icon

Played through Assassins Creed: Odyssey this week. It's pretty good! Took me 74 hours to get through the main quest and all the major side quests. Fully levelled my character, fully upgraded my ship.

Set in Greece, 431 BCE, the game takes place during the Peloponnesian War. You play as one of two characters, Kassandra (who I chose)or Alexios, a mercenary and grandchild of Leonidas. You use the broken spear of Leonidas as your assassination weapon, and there's a fair bit of emphasis on him and your bloodline.

Main plot is all about reuniting with your family, and tackling the mysterious Cult of Kosmos. It's pretty fun to track the cultists, finding clues as to their identities and taking them out to reveal the identities of their leaders. There's also a little bit of the precursor nonsense that the AC franchise refuses to let go of, but nothing too obtrusive this time around, and the way it ties in with Greek mythology is pretty neat.

Greece is huge in the game, and split up into loads of separate provinces. Each province has it's own quests, and your actions can destabilise the province which in turn allows a battle to be fought between Athens and Sparta, the winner gaining control of the province. Of course as a mercenary, you can be hired to fight for whichever side you choose.

The various cities and the surrounding country areas are all absolutely stunning, and they way Greece is brought to life here made it all feel so real and engaging. Characters such as Sokrates and Hippokrates are really interesting and well done, in a much better way than some of the famous inclusions in previous games (looking at you, Syndicate).

The only downsides to the game would be the micro transaction store (fairly unobtrusive, easy to ignore) and the writing - it can be a little hit and miss at times and the plot is quite predictable.

Overall, a classic Assassins Creed experience in a fantastic setting.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Oct 14 2018, 12:25 AM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 14 2018, 12:30 AM
Post #3484

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Oct 13 2018, 06:24 PM) *

Played through Assassins Creed: Odyssey this week. It's pretty good! Took me 74 hours to get through the main quest and all the major side quests. Fully levelled my character, fully upgraded my ship.

Set in Greece, 431 BCE, the game takes place during the Peloponnesian War. You play as one of two characters, Kassandra (who I chose)or Alexios, a mercenary and grandchild of Leonidas. You use the broken spear of Leonidas as your assassination weapon, and there's a fair bit of emphasis on him and your bloodline.

Main plot is all about reuniting with your family, and tackling the mysterious Cult of Kosmos. It's pretty fun to track the cultists, finding clues as to their identities and taking them out to reveal the identities of their leaders. There's also a little bit of the precursor nonsense that the AC franchise refuses to let go of, but nothing too obtrusive this time around, and the way it ties in with Greek mythology is pretty neat.

Greece is huge in the game, and split up into loads of separate provinces. Each province has it's own quests, and your actions can destabilise the province which in turn allows a battle to be fought between Athens and Sparta, the winner gaining control of the province. Of course as a mercenary, you can be hired to fight for whichever side you choose.

The various cities and the surrounding country areas are all absolutely stunning, and they way Greece is brought to life here made it all feel so real and engaging. Characters such as Sokrates and Hippokrates are really interesting and well done, in a much better way than some of the famous inclusions in previous games (looking at you, Syndicate).

The only downsides to the game would be the micro transaction store (fairly unobtrusive, easy to ignore) and the writing - it can be a little hit and miss at times and the plot is quite predictable.

Overall, a classic Assassins Creed experience in a fantastic setting.

Khajiit wants to check out this one and Origins. This one hasn’t played an AC game since Black Flag.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
hazmick
post Oct 14 2018, 12:40 AM
Post #3485

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 14 2018, 12:30 AM) *

Khajiit wants to check out this one and Origins. This one hasn’t played an AC game since Black Flag.

Syndicate was the last one that I played, though I think Black Flag was the last one that I actually enjoyed until this one. Apparently Origins is quite good, so I may also check it out at some point.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 14 2018, 05:31 PM
Post #3486

Mouth
Group Icon

Divinity: Original Sin just keeps getting better. Now that I've become accustomed to how it works, it has been much easier to play. Not that it still doesn't pose a challenge, but I am having a much easier time playing it now. Not every fight feels like a boss battle now, as SubRosa put it. I am in the thick of the story now.

You know, I was thinking about the original game of the series, Divine Divinity, is called (usually affectionately) a Diablo clone, but other games that I didn't think felt like it are called Diablo clones too. Now, I haven't played the original Diablo, so I don't know how accurate that is. But I was thinking about why I had such a great time with Divine Divinity, whereas I got bored with games like Titan Quest and Grim Dawn rather quickly. I thought of at least 2 major reasons:
1) In the latter two, there is just LOADS of loot. Way TOO MUCH loot. It becomes a chore to pick it all up, sift through it all to see if there is something better, and then sell the rest. It was absurd how much weaponry and armor it threw at you. There was a lot of loot in Divine Divinity too, but it wasn't overwhelming.
2) I love cutting through mobs of enemies, but there is a limit to that enjoyment. And there is just such an unbelievable amount of enemies in Grim Dawn (I didn't play Titan Quest long enough if this was true for that game as well, but it seems to be basically Grim Dawn in Greco-Roman times). It gets uninteresting really quickly. Divine Divinity had plenty of mobs, but it was almost always engaging (there were a few exceptions, such as the end game).

Thoughts, anyone?

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Oct 14 2018, 05:31 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 19 2018, 06:07 AM
Post #3487

Ancient
Group Icon

Soul Calibur VI

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 20 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #3488

Mouth
Group Icon

Even though I never did finish Explorers of Sky (I'm gonna eventually), I FINALLY got Pokemon Ultra Moon. Considering how Pokemon Moon was the best Pokemon-related experience from the main games that lived up to my hype for it, I still can't believe it took me almost a year to get it lol

Time to download the other starters that I have in my PokeBank so i can start with all 3 :v

Off to Poke-Hawaii

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Oct 20 2018, 09:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 20 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #3489

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 19 2018, 01:07 AM) *

Soul Calibur VI

I played Soulcalibur at a friend's house waay back in the day and got hooked. This was the first game in the series called Soulcalibur (the sequel to Soul Edge). This one. I went out and bought it and Dreamcast. I played it like crazy for about two weeks. Then after I had completed every character I just lost interest, and never really did anything with the game or the Dreamcast again. I finally threw both out after my last move.

I really liked Sophitia and Lizard-Man. They were both basically the same character (i.e. exact same weapons and fighting style). One just looked better than the other. wink.gif

I think the new Soul Calibur (is it two words now?) has Geralt from the Witcher games right? I think it is cool how they incorporated him. I have not played any of the other Soul Calibur's. Have they incorporated characters from other franchises before? It would be cool to have Sephiroth in a Soul Calibur game.

Hmm, I looked for the new game on Gog, but they don't have it. Only Steam. Sometimes irony can be pretty ironic at times...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Oct 21 2018, 12:12 AM
Post #3490

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 20 2018, 04:43 PM) *

. Have they incorporated characters from other franchises before? It would be cool to have Sephiroth in a Soul Calibur game.

In Soul Calibur 2:
Link for GameCube.
Spawn for Xbox 360.
Haihachi for PS2.

In Soul Calibur 3 PS2 only:
You could put Sephiroth in the game if you unlocked the right equipment via character creation.

In Soul Calibur 4: They had Star Wars characters in them.

In Soul Calibur 5: Ezio Auditore.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 21 2018, 12:54 AM
Post #3491

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 20 2018, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 19 2018, 01:07 AM) *

Soul Calibur VI

I played Soulcalibur at a friend's house waay back in the day and got hooked. This was the first game in the series called Soulcalibur (the sequel to Soul Edge). This one. I went out and bought it and Dreamcast. I played it like crazy for about two weeks. Then after I had completed every character I just lost interest, and never really did anything with the game or the Dreamcast again. I finally threw both out after my last move.

I really liked Sophitia and Lizard-Man. They were both basically the same character (i.e. exact same weapons and fighting style). One just looked better than the other. wink.gif

I think the new Soul Calibur (is it two words now?) has Geralt from the Witcher games right? I think it is cool how they incorporated him. I have not played any of the other Soul Calibur's. Have they incorporated characters from other franchises before? It would be cool to have Sephiroth in a Soul Calibur game.

Hmm, I looked for the new game on Gog, but they don't have it. Only Steam. Sometimes irony can be pretty ironic at times...

Lol, yeah you’d think GOG would have it since CDPR let them use him! laugh.gif
The Soul series is the most interesting fighting game series, imo. This one remembers playing Soul Edge as a kid in the mid to late 90’s at the local arcade, without fully understanding how much better it was than the games that got Khajiit interested in the fighting genre in the first place, Mortal Kombat. They introduced a create a fighter mode in Soul Calibur III and the one in the new game is chock full of options (though you have to play the game to unlock additional equipment to outfit your created characters in). It really is s fantastic series and, imo, the best series in the fighting genre.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Oct 21 2018, 12:56 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 21 2018, 12:55 AM
Post #3492

Ancient
Group Icon

That is really cool.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 21 2018, 04:41 AM
Post #3493

Mouth
Group Icon

So right off the bat Ultra Moon reminded me of one of Generation 7's more interesting feature using Yungoos' Pokedex entry: there are no animals in the Pokemon world so Pokemon themselves take their place. Meaning that not only do humans eat Pokemon (and some Pokemon prey on humans) but Pokemon eat each other and it's something that's been glossed over since the original generation of Pokemon games.

Weaville's pokedex entry was particularly graphic about how it fed its packmates by hunting Vulpix in Sun and Moon. Yeesh

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 22 2018, 03:31 AM
Post #3494

Master
Group Icon

I had my first long Minecraft session in ages this evening. Went dungeon crawling near the Hillfort, finding an unexplored section of caves and ravine somehow overlooked until now! Returned to the Fort with a full inventory. Put everything away in its proper storage spot. Fished in the Hillfort's dedicated fishing hole, catching a VERY nice bow, almost as good as my primary bow. During the crawl I actually felt much of the nervousness I did back when the game was new, exciting and often scary.

Played several Transport Fever sessions these past few days. I seem to have lost whatever meager talent I once possessed for scenic detailing. Not overly pleased with anything I did.

Thought about launching Kingdom Come Deliverance, but chickened out after realizing I'll need to start afresh. Not up to that at the moment.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 22 2018, 07:04 PM
Post #3495

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Can't people come and mess up your home as Minecraft is an online game?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 22 2018, 07:25 PM
Post #3496

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 22 2018, 01:04 PM) *

Can't people come and mess up your home as Minecraft is an online game?

Only if you have certain settings set in your game.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Oct 22 2018, 08:16 PM
Post #3497

Master
Group Icon

Never was a fan of stupidly hard games. Tis why I never start above Adept in Skyrim.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 22 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #3498

Mouth
Group Icon

"The eggs of bird Pokemon are its favorite food. It swallows eggs whole, so sometimes an egg gets stuck, and Ekans faints.

Ah, yes. Faints. Gotta remember this is a kid's game and all, so we can talk about them eating each other but we can't use the "D" word.

(I actually haven't gotten very far in the game yet, just filling up the pokedex.)

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

After stunning its opponents with the pattern on its stomach, [Arbok] quickly wraps them up in its body and waits for them to stop moving.

???????????????

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Oct 22 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #3499

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Oct 22 2018, 09:04 PM) *

After stunning its opponents with the pattern on its stomach, [Arbok] quickly wraps them up in its body and waits for them to stop moving.

???????????????

Just cuddling them until they fall asleep, obviously.

--------------------

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Oct 24 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #3500

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm convinced they actually did meant to imply Ekans passes out, since snakes apparently can't choke on their food. It would make sense given how brutal other Pokedex entries are. (Today's Example: explicit mentioning of humans hunting Muk to near-extinction)
They DO, however, always do their darnedest to word these things so that they avoid actually saying "death/dead" even though it's clear that's what they meant.

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 173 174 175 176 177 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:31 PM