3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Post Your Character
SubRosa
post Jul 7 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I am sure it has been done before, but I did not see one of these threads in the list of recent ones. Post a pic or two of the character(s) you are currently playing or have played, and tell us a bit about them if you like to roleplay a bit.

To start it off here is my current character Lilith, whom I am currently doing the Dark Brotherhood questline with. She is a Nibenean (a custom race I made) archer/macewoman. She is the daughter of Claudius Arcadia. Raped and left for dead by Rufio, she is back for vengeance not only upon him, but the entire world. The only time she feels any control over her existence is when she kills, and she is becoming a control freak (sorry, I just watched a couple of Dennis Miller specials, and now my wit is feeling like handful of razorblades at a Freddy Kruger convention).

Lilith early in her career

Doing what she does best in an Ayleid ruin

Home sweet home

My previous character was Morghak gra-Durug, and Orc Crusader. She is the daughter of a noblewoman from Orsinium, and grew up in the shadow of her old sister, who always seemed to better at everything. Sick of being second fiddle, she left home and traveled to Cyrodiil to prove her worth. She did it by becoming champion of the Arena, taking the name The Iron Maiden (hey, I love the band, so I could not resist).

Morghak after a kill

The character before that was Ophelia (yes Hamlet and all), a Breton battlemage. Ophelia was a Mythic Dawn sleeper agent living in Bravil. Young, restless, wanting to do something meaningful with her life and feeling stifled and frustrated with a merely ordinary existence, she was a ready convert to the MD's message that the Nine Divines were usurpers who overthrew Lorkhan and have repressed humanity for the last umpteen thousand years. She was ready to save the world and lay down her life for the cause. Only unfortunately for her the Oblivion Crisis came and went without her ever receiving any orders. Left adrift in the aftermath, with no one even caring enough to hunt her down, she went from one Daedric shrine to another seeking to recapture the meaning of her life once more. Finally, after a rain of cheese in Niben Bay (thank you Jacki!), she found the Shivering Isles, and realized that this was what she was meant for. In time she became the Champion of Madness, Duchess of Mania, and finally the new and sexier Sheogorath.

Ophelia at the Azura shrine

Ophelia and Sheo

The Lady of Madness

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 7 2010, 03:12 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 9 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Wonderful stuff, SubRosa!

I only know how to play one character of course, and you know her well. For those who don't however. . .

Buffy is a young mystic archer. Her mother was a Bosmer merchant in Bravil and her father a Breton vampire hunter. Orphaned by the age of twelve, she was raised by the city of Bravil. Daenlin took her on as an archer apprentice, and Kud-Ei recognized her talent for magic. As soon as she was old enough, she joined the guild of mages and eventually graduated from the Arcane University, specializing in illusion.

The bow is her passion, and she views magic as a tool to be a better archer and to compensate for her refusal to touch melee weapons. In fact, the only weapon she will touch is her bow, Slayer.

A typical long range attack might be a combination spell that drains a target's speed and weakens them to poison. That is immediately followed by a poisoned arrow from the shadows with devastating results. When confronted up close, she will cast a spell to immobilize her foe, then open fire with Slayer. Crowds are thinned by illusion mind control type spells that allow her foes to kill each other off. Combat underwater is by blocking with her bow and casting absorb health touch spells.

Physically, she is short - the same height as a male Bosmer (0.9), and slightly built (body by BAB). She has low strength and endurance and that will never change. Although she can't carry much, her precious mare is equipped with saddlebags and can carry as much as, well, a horse. She is level twenty and her skills were selected so she can level no higher. She changes clothes a dozen times a day to suit her purpose and dresses only for fashion.

She owns a home in Bravil, but loves to travel and explore. She also loves Tamikas wine, waterfalls, hunting, camping and visiting her many friends.

She travels in the company of an old ethereal paladin named Acadian who sometimes offers advice. Sometimes she listens. Buffy considers herself a simple elf from Bravil trying to live her life and survive in the beautiful but sometimes dangerous province of Cyrodiil.

Buffy has a short attention span, will probably never rise to the top of her guild and often has multiple unfinished quests and research projects ongoing. Although quick to assign herself the role of judge, jury and executioner with a vengeful streak, she will not kill innocents and is very loyal to her friends. She has developed what she calls the 'Buffy Doctrine' and lives by it:
If you are kind to me, I will love you dearly. If you are mean to me or my friends, I will likely kill you.

A wood elf party!

Let's toga.

I love waterfalls

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 9 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

The toga pic must be from the Arcane University! Why am I expecting John Belushi to be behind her? wink.gif

What mod is the brown and green retexture of the elven armor she is wearing in the waterfall picture? It looks very foresty.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 9 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 9 2010, 01:04 PM) *

The toga pic must be from the Arcane University! Why am I expecting John Belushi to be behind her? wink.gif

What mod is the brown and green retexture of the elven armor she is wearing in the waterfall picture? It looks very foresty.

Heh, toga!

That great armor is from Brash's beautiful Wood Bows & Leather Armors: http://oblivion.brashendeavors.net/bows/

Don't let the fact that Brash says it is a test version fool you. It has been working great for many players for a long time. smile.gif

Buffy uses a version of the mod converted by Ceedee to better fit her Biu's Adventuress Body (BAB). Let me know if you need a link to the Bab version.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jul 10 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

I play on the console so no pictures, but I will participate by giving you a feel for my current character:

Hrolf of Skal, a.k.a Hrolf Half-Blind and Hrolf the Legless is a Nord warrior turned drunkard living modestly as a hunter in Bruma. When he’s not out killing deer or watching Legion Foresters shoot each other to death (stupid Imperials!), he can be found exercising his elbow and living up to his various names with his buddy, Ongar the World Weary, at Olav’s Tap and Tack.

He is recently returned from an involuntary stay in the Imperial City dungeon over the little matter of a comely Dunmer lass that he deflowered during a drunken binge in Cheydinhal. He vows that he will never hire out to a trade caravan again! The woman’s name was Llathasa or something, but everyone kept calling her ‘lady’. All he remembers about her is that she wore silk and smelled really good. Her husband didn’t take the news well at all when he found out. Hrolf made it all the way to the Bloated Float in the Imperial City where he was in the process of upholding Nordic honor by drinking a Redguard named Isleif under the table when the Imperial watch found him (stupid Imperials!).

Hrolf was visited by a number of hallucinations while sweating through the DTs in the Imperial City dungeon. In one of them the Emperor of all Tamriel came into his cell and set him free. He vaguely remembers being bitten by rats and bashing some goblins; and something about the jaws of Oblivion, illegitimate children, and being told that he seemed like a bard from the way he fought, but none of it makes sense to him. He awoke dirty and hung-over on a rock along the shore of Lake Rumare. All he had on his person was a pair of sack cloth pants, some rough leather armor, a big iron warhammer, eight beautiful sweating bottles of ale, and a jeweled necklace that he believes came from his Dunmer conquest in Cheydinhal. He refuses to speculate how he was able to smuggle the necklace past the guards who took him to his cell (stupid Imperials!).

He briefly tried to make a go of it in the Arena, but those idiots were genuinely trying to kill him! The Redguard who booked the matches paid him the same as some tree-hugging fetcher from Falinesti . . . the man acted like he had never seen a genuine son of Skyrim before! After that he swore off anything having to do with the so-called Empire (stupid Imperials!) and returned to Bruma. At least he got a free set of armor out of the deal, but given the climate of Bruma the dress that the Redguard gave him wasn't of much use. He thinks that he can unload the armor and the necklace with his buddy Ongar, if he can ever pin the man down enough to make him realize that the fact that he is a fence for the Thieves Guild is the worst-kept secret in Bruma!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Aug 12 2010, 03:36 AM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

Awtwyr Draghoyn:

My Pride and Joy! He never thought anything too important would happen to him. Well, he never thought that anything too important would happen to him after he turned 15. Enlisting in the Legions at age 16, and spending eight years, for two full tours, in the Empire's service, he pretty much hoped to be able to use the skills to settle down, maybe do some mercenary work, and live out his days doing honest, productive work in some small hovel in the mountains.

Life, as they say, has a way of interfering. After an extremely dubious arrest by a certain over-zealous watch captain (The Grey Fox Is A Myth!!!!), he ended up meeting the emperor, failing to prevent his assassination, and then rescued and befriended the new, yet to be crowned emperor.

So, after a whole-lotta training, and experiencing, he eventually helped Emperor Martin Septim save all of Tamriel.

Alas, I don't have my Oblivion disk right now, so whilst I still have my low level gear, I can't create the screenshots of Awtwyr using that gear. I'll post that soon.

For now, I present, in all his epic rage, Sir Awtwyr Draghoyn, Champion of Cyrodiil, Order of the Dragon, Knight Brother of the Blades. Preparing to dish out some epic rage on an Oblivion world.

Awtwyr has Arrived!!

A Close Up of the Hero! Look at that tough chin and manly perma-stubble!

Where'd Everybody Go? CHICKENS!!!!

This post has been edited by Captain Hammer: Aug 12 2010, 03:39 AM

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Aug 14 2010, 01:18 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

There is a screenshot thread in the fan art section...

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Jan 25 2011, 04:40 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

I won't post a screenie of him due do to Bolz' flame...

Bohwynn Arrueax is a Dunmer, Avenger (custom) Class. His father was killed by Conjurors while adventuring in Morrowind. He has but one purpose in life - avenging the death of his father. He searches caves, dungeons, and ruins for rogue mages and dispatches them with satisfaction. Of course, any other baddies he finds during his search achieve the same demise.

--------------------
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

The Talendor Chronicles is my first fan fiction attempt.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 29 2011, 05:11 AM
Post #9

Ancient
Group Icon

My two girls:

Maxical

IPB Image

Maxical's late mother, Shivani (who continues to wreak havoc as a ghost)

IPB Image

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 29 2011, 06:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 9 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #10

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Oh. Maybe I should have posted the intro of Lothran here... mellow.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 9 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #11

Agent

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 9 2013, 08:42 AM) *

Oh. Maybe I should have posted the intro of Lothran here... mellow.gif

Well i plan to kick off a chracter updates thread on this forumn , we really need some activvity so id appreciate if you lorthan could help chip in smile.gif

And buffy if she ever turns up
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 9 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #12

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 9 2013, 11:47 AM) *

Well i plan to kick off a chracter updates thread on this forumn , we really need some activvity so id appreciate if you lorthan could help chip in smile.gif

We have one of those in Where are you today. I plan to post my updates there, if you´d join that would be great smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
flowerboom
post Feb 9 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #13

Agent

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 9 2013, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 9 2013, 11:47 AM) *

We have one of those in Where are you today. I plan to post my updates there, if you´d join that would be great smile.gif

you talk like you have been her longer than me wink.gif

but yes ill check it out
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 9 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #14

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(flowerboom @ Feb 9 2013, 12:19 PM) *

you talk like you have been her longer than me wink.gif

Sorry. As a Bethsoft veteran I still feel like one even when I´m new someplace else tongue.gif

But yeah, join me and hopefully Acadian there and we´ll rock the place! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Feb 9 2013, 12:38 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Nov 22 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm necro-ing this thread, because I have a character to add:

CHARACTER STUDY 1

Kallis Nic an Ghoill

5'7'' - athletic build

Long black hair with a touch of red in it, normally tied up in a rough ponytail.
Blue skin, piercing green eyes; has the look of a relatively young woman - her race is youthful, in general - even though in reality she's into triple figures.

The piercings in her ears are a mark of military rank - (she's what we would call a lieutenant Colonel, I guess) - and the tattoo on her forehead, similar to that which Eilidh has, marks her out as having a presence at court as well - (namely Eilidh's fathers court).

She's been in the military practically all of her life, and in active service for forty years or more, rising to the rank that she has through sheer hard work and above all, Focus. And focused she is, too, indeed she comes across as a fairly serious individual, not overly given to levity and with a strong sense of duty, allied with an unshakeable belief in the system of which she is a part.
I would say that she has a strong sense of right and wrong, but that would be somewhat inaccurate. It would be more true to say that she has a strong sense of consequence allied to a sense that actions can be justified in the name of "getting a job done". She wouldn't necessarily, for example, kill someone out of hand, but you would not want to get in her way.

She's honorable and fiercely loyal, though more than a little impatient, which has in the past led to the odd impetuous episode. Such is her record in the field however, that her Superiors tend to turn a blind eye - she's good enough at what she does to have some leeway, is the prevailing opinion.

None of these character traits make her a terribly good party guest - (though to be fair she's not completely without a sense of humour and common social skills, her career in the military has given her a fairly "earthy" take on life and she's certainly happier mixing with the rank and file in her down time - which is not, admittedly, often) - nonetheless, allied with her undoubted good looks, overall she can come across as a little cold and intimidating, although only if you're not from her culture, or you've never really got to know her - (which few really do). In her world she's very much a person to be admired and courted, and it might surprise the rather more staid and backwards inhabitants of Cyrodiil to learn that she's been married twice, widowed twice, and has any number of quite highborn suitors willing to wait upon her, not to mention the respect and admiration of her lessers and peers - (for her skills as a soldier, and her influence and contacts. Gender it should be noted isn't really a factor, in this context). Her true partner though, is her Career, and it's a relationship that has blossomed.

She has been for a number of years the commanding officer of a particularly Elite cadre of soldiers within King Connor Mac Auley's army, soldiers who are sent on missions of the Utmost Secrecy that require discretion and no small amount of improvisation in the field. Such a mission is the one that she is on now, to look for the king's daughter, lost somewhere in Cyrodiil these two years gone, sent by her father; partly as a diplomat, partly as a spy, and partly to learn more about herself, and to grow from the experience.

Despite Eilidh's father's decree that she would be deemed a failure if she, Eilidh, did not report in to a messenger in the port city of An-vil every second month, he is nevertheless concerned that she has not done so, or at least not since the first time; Connor does love his daughter and wants her to be a good ruler, hence his actions; harshness on his part should not be taken to imply a lack of affection. Princess Eilidh's time in Cyrodiil is now up however, and nothing has been heard from her; at least nothing has been reported via either messenger, or King Connor's Chief Advisor Donal Mac Branain, who was intimately involved with coordinating the Princess' activities in Cyrodiil.
Nor indeed has anything been heard of another scout, the locating of whom was a peripheral aspect of Eilidh's mission: Oisin Mac Callum - MIA and wanted for questioning and\or summary judgement for dereliction of duty.

And so it is that Kallis has been sent to Cyrodiil: partly for her skill, partly for her discretion and loyalty, and partly because she and Eilidh had grown close prior to Eilidh herself being sent to this foreign land.
The fact that Kallis has been sent and not Donal, nor any of his spy network and indeed, the fact that Donal has not even been informed, is not lost on Kallis...

-X-

A Note on Kallis' Name:
Anglicised, Kallis' name is Kallis Gill, and in its original form it means roughly: "Kallis, daughter of the son of the stranger", what this means really is that Kallis' parents are unknown, either through Kallis' abandonment or their death.
As a foundling or orphan, she would have become automatically a ward of the crown and therefore conscripted to military training and ultimately service. many who end up in this life falter, but Kallis is above all a survivor, and has flourished and risen to become the woman she is today.

This is very impressive particularly since her culture - not only a monarchy - but also highly stratified along class divides, means that people like her would have entered into society at the very bottom. The fact that she has found her way to somewhere close to the top in considerably less than even half her lifespan is a really very great achievement, and one that she has given much thanks for in her private chapel in her apartments in the regimental barracks.

-X-

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 12 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Little bit late, but here is Melora. She is a Dunmer Nightblade born under the sign of the Lady. Currently level 17, she just became the Champion of Cyrodiil, and is on her way to becoming a respected member of both the Fighter's and Mage's guild.

At the moment, she is on her way to Anvil to purchase a home for herself.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 13 2017, 12:53 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

What is that gigantic ice-staff-looking weapon she's got there Cain?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 13 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Sep 13 2017, 07:53 AM) *

Shard of Moonshadow, I think it was called? It showed up in my inventory after the Daedric Artifact quest. I initially thought it was a secondary award from Azura, since you have to give up the Star, but now I'm thinking it was part of a mod. Immersive Weapons, maybe.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 13 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Sep 13 2017, 08:35 AM) *

Shard of Moonshadow, I think it was called? It showed up in my inventory after the Daedric Artifact quest. I initially thought it was a secondary award from Azura, since you have to give up the Star, but now I'm thinking it was part of a mod. Immersive Weapons, maybe.

Huh? The only way you can give up the Star is to give it to Martin, and that's your choice. You can always give him one of the others (I usually pick the Wabbajack). Must be a mod change.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Sep 13 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 13 2017, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Cain @ Sep 13 2017, 08:35 AM) *

Huh? The only way you can give up the Star is to give it to Martin, and that's your choice. You can always give him one of the others (I usually pick the Wabbajack). Must be a mod change.

This is what I meant. I just went for the suggested target, since Melora didn't know where to find any other shrines.

It has to be Immersive Weapons. My load order is tiny, and I have no other weapon mods.

This post has been edited by Cain: Sep 13 2017, 01:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:52 PM