Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Sep 1 2019, 12:59 AM
Post #3561

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 31 2019, 06:49 PM) *

There is a command you can use in the chat box: /played.

That will give you the time played for that character in days & hours. Go through that with all your characters, add 'em up then convert the days & hours to pure hours. No way to accurately account for any deleted characters.

Anyone who has the game via Steam can get an hours readout anytime from Steam.

Oh, thank you so much!!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 1 2019, 10:03 PM
Post #3562

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 28 2019, 11:14 AM) *

Rader, nice screens. Cincinnatus is making great progress and 'grats on blowing through CP160 already!

Thanks! Sure is nice not to have to deal with level scaling anymore and constantly replace gear.

Off-topic: Of course when an Alchemist Writ requires 3 Violet Coprinus they suddenly are near impossible to find. Went to Auridon since I read they can be farmed there, but I only found 2. Does anyone have one more that I could use? It's the only thing I have left for the writ.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 1 2019, 10:50 PM
Post #3563

Paladin
Group Icon

Rader, just sent you a violet coprinus via game mail. Enjoy!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 2 2019, 03:15 PM
Post #3564

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 1 2019, 05:50 PM) *

Rader, just sent you a violet coprinus via game mail. Enjoy!

Acadian/Buffy is da real MVP. Thanks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 2 2019, 05:25 PM
Post #3565

Councilor
Group Icon

Palm trees can be bought from Maladdiq at Redfur Trading Post. Pair for 100 gold, single ones cost more!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 5 2019, 06:36 PM
Post #3566

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 22 2019, 08:49 AM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 22 2019, 07:58 AM) *

So I finally started taking screenshots in the game. I'm guessing there is no way to remove the HUD when taking screenshots? Not like you can pause the game like in a regular TES game, so that is what I imagine.

You can remove the HUD. If you go into CONTROLS, you can assign a key to toggle it on and off. I forget the actual wording, but it's something like "Hide UI". All the options are listed, and quite a few are just not assigned to any key. I use the Num Pad '-' key.

And I forgot to mention that it doesn't turn off everything. Enemies and allies will still have their bar over their heads when in combat. This shot from the last guild meet shows what I mean. No UI except that one health bar. If I hadn't triggered the dummy, it wouldn't be there.

That looks great! I'm going to have to try to do that; the whole pic looks better without all the chat box/health bars/compass/mini-map/etc. What a huge difference!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 5 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #3567

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 28 2019, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 22 2019, 11:40 AM) *

Nice shots, Rader - you adorable little monkey! laugh.gif

If Cincy's scales weren't red, you'd be able to tell that he blushed at her comments. He's got a thing for human (and some elven) ladies, but even he was taken aback by how forward she was. Not that he's complaining. tongue.gif

Ya boy is a Master Alchemist now! Now the focus is on Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking. Provisioning will probably be last as I am so far behind on that. I'm deconstructing whatever glyphs I can find for Enchanting, but I'm not that great with that crafting skill.

Also, Cincy took a brief trip to Vvardenfell. Had no idea I had access to it because I never bought the DLC. Just found a navigator who could take me to it, so that was a neat surprise. Although I think I remember hearing that some DLCs would be free at some point long after release?

More screenshots!

Stylin' and Profilin' (some sets of armor that I really liked the look of):
The Golden Knight (right after I started playing again)
The Silver Knight
The Blue Brawler
The Red Ranger

A Glitch in the Matrix

This looks like a good place to sit

Cincinnatus vs. Angof

Lighting up the night

Caius? Caius Cosades? Are you home?

Yeah, Ghastley already answered it; you have access to all the DLC included with your ESO Plus membership as long as you are paying it. (Plus double bank space, double Transmute stones ceiling, double housing inventory space, a craft bag that holds unlimited amounts of crafting materials, and accelerated XP for everything you do).

This does not include "Chapters," they are new land areas that come out once per year = however; those Chapters usually do become DLC on the one year anniversary of their launch.

Even though I had the Plus membership; I always bought the DLC's that I wanted to keep too (always on their one year anniversary when they had them on half price). That way, if I ever stopped my Plus membership I wouldn't lose access to them.

These are some great shots! LOVE the red armor in "Red Ranger!" My favorite has to be the "Glitch in the Matrix" due to you wearing the Chorrolite's Tabard in the shot, lol. Also = have to love that you caught the "knocking" animation and great Vvardenfell style door in the "Caius Cosades" shot! Those houses remind me so much of the Morrowind game!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 2 2019, 12:25 PM) *

Palm trees can be bought from Maladdiq at Redfur Trading Post. Pair for 100 gold, single ones cost more!

Nice!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 5 2019, 08:26 PM
Post #3568

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 22 2019, 07:58 AM) *

So I finally started taking screenshots in the game. I'm guessing there is no way to remove the HUD when taking screenshots? Not like you can pause the game like in a regular TES game, so that is what I imagine.

Anyway, this might be spread out in several posts since there are a bunch of them. Won't be in chronological order either, probably.

Desert storm

Dolmen party

This Dolmen sure is popular

Whoa...um...is it getting hot in here?

UNLIMITED POWER

Interview with the vampire

Duel in the Far Shores

Down goes another Tharn (In case there are those who don't know what I'm referencing, Jagar Tharn is the final boss and main antagonist of Elder Scrolls I: Arena, which I beat several years ago. That game is set several hundred years later than ESO. And I headcanon that all my main characters in the TES games--well, the ones that let you pick an Argonian--are related, so my bloodline will be dueling another Tharn later.)

These screens are AWESOME! What great shots you got here! The Dolmen shots = I don't know how you managed to capture all that action in one shot, amazing!!! And Septima Tharn!

I really love the idea of your ancestors in the next Era being the ones who stop Jagar Tharn!!!! That is an Awesome storyline for your characters! I haven't played Arena; but read the original story that the game Arena (and the Elder Scrolls) was based on = one of the best stories I've ever read.

And then we get to the shot: "Whoa...um...is it getting hot in here?"

OMG, SPEW !!!!! rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Holy Crap, I nearly choked to death laughing at that !!!!!!

Plus, it explains what Acadian said in a later post that had me completely stymied!!!

(Acadian @ Aug 22 2019, 11:40 AM) *

Nice shots, Rader - you adorable little monkey!

I kept looking at your Argonian character and wondering...monkey? rollinglaugh.gif

That pic HAS to be my fave of the bunch!!!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 13 2019, 09:22 PM) *

To illustrate what Acadian wrote:

Blossom

She has the Spriggan's Thorns set (including her bow) - five pieces - plus 60 CP in Piercing.

She needs a Stormfist helm, to match her shoulders, and the five pieces of Hunding's give her decent critical percentage. The only thing really holding her back is my skill, or she could take on a world boss. I still wouldn't take her into a pledge on her own, and I'd prefer a whole team of four.

I'm dying to know what add-on is giving you the Penetration stat! I've used "SuperStar" till now, but it does not show the penetration stat! That is amazing! I def want to swap add-ons after seeing this!

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 28 2019, 10:18 AM) *

Congrats to Cincy on his Master Alchemist achievement! It took a long time for my Maz to reach her Master Crafter status, and another few months to get grand master crafter.

Today marks Julian’s (and my) third-year ESO anniversary! In honor of the occasion, I have taken my first vacation day in ten years (first paid one in 20) and have a bottle of wine set by. Today is Julian’s day, and we will explore Elsweyr together. When I explored it with Do Rah, we kept telling ourselves that Julian would enjoy the land and the culture, not to mention the people and the cuisine!

I hope to have Julian fighting dragons by the end of the day . . .

Happy Anniversary to both you and Julian! I remember Julian's first day in ESO!!! I walked into the bank in Daggerfall with Bubba and happened to notice a Redguard with white hair and my first thought was "She looks just like Julian!!!!" And then I saw her name (and yours) and my eyes nearly popped from my head! I tried to get your attention; and it scared Julian to be bearded that way by a strange man, laugh.gif

You and your Clan are such a wonderful addition to this game; I am so glad you started playing it!

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 28 2019, 11:00 AM) *

Nope, I don't have ESO+. I should have clarified that it was the only DLC I can access that I did not directly buy (I have ESO Gold Edition, so I got the Imperial City, Orsinium, and a couple of other DLCs with it). It looks like it is free for a limited time. Seems that it goes through September 2nd.

Oh, I didn't even know they had a free limited time offer on it! Lol. Wow; and I also didn't know the Gold Edition came with all the DLC like that! I only knew it came with the Palamino horse I wanted, but since I had already bought the game and DLC = not a workable way to get the Palamino, lol.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 30 2019, 02:55 PM) *

I picked up the daily log-in reward last night on Spreads, who hasn't done any Cyrodiil, because it doesn't benefit a magsorc. She got a level from the AP and two extra Skill points! That was better for us than the 100k gold, which hasn't made much of a dent in the 3.8 million you need for a mansion.

Wow, they gave you the skill points for the quest without you having to do it? Awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 5 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #3569

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 5 2019, 03:26 PM) *

Oh, I didn't even know they had a free limited time offer on it! Lol. Wow; and I also didn't know the Gold Edition came with all the DLC like that! I only knew it came with the Palamino horse I wanted, but since I had already bought the game and DLC = not a workable way to get the Palamino, lol.

So that's how I had the horse. I was too dumb to figure out I had a mount already until I started playing the game again around a month ago. goodjob.gif *facepalm*

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Sep 5 2019, 10:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2019, 04:21 AM
Post #3570

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 5 2019, 05:46 PM) *

So that's how I had the horse. I was too dumb to figure out I had a mount already until I started playing the game again around a month ago. goodjob.gif *facepalm*

laugh.gif I very almost bought that Gold version just to get that darn Palamino; but I couldn't see spending that much money a third time; lol. (I bought my son the game, he played it for a few months and then shelved it for some card trading game, lol).

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 6 2019, 04:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 6 2019, 06:07 AM
Post #3571

Mouth
Group Icon

These screens are AWESOME! What great shots you got here! The Dolmen shots = I don't know how you managed to capture all that action in one shot, amazing!!! And Septima Tharn!

I really love the idea of your ancestors in the next Era being the ones who stop Jagar Tharn!!!! That is an Awesome storyline for your characters! I haven't played Arena; but read the original story that the game Arena (and the Elder Scrolls) was based on = one of the best stories I've ever read.

OMG, SPEW !!!!! rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Holy Crap, I nearly choked to death laughing at that !!!!!!

Plus, it explains what Acadian said in a later post that had me completely stymied!!!

Yeah, seems that we have a knack for killing Tharns, although only the Vestige and Eternal Champion get to do so (so far...perhaps a surprise is in store for TESVI?). One of the things I really appreciate in this game is their callbacks and nods to all of the other games, at least the main entries. Arena is often left by the wayside, but there are a bunch of references to the game in Online, the most obvious probably being the Tharn name. There's also locations like the Crypt of Hearts, Fang Lair, and Mines of Khuras, although they obviously don't look anything like their 1994 iterations.

In my headcanon, all of my Heroes in TES I-V and Online are the same bloodline.

The dolmen party was crazy. Just saw everybody waiting at it and I figured I might as well get in on the action to clear it. Molag Bal and his forces didn't know what them, there were so many of us. I've done that at several dolmens now. That dolmen in particular probably didn't even last a minute.

If the option were available, Cincinnatus would've taken that Breton woman up on her offer, lol. Reminds me of how Daggerfall (as in TESII) was originally going to let you sleep with prostitutes, but it was one of the (many) things that got cut out. Always found that amusing. There's apparently still leftover code in the game files that points to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 6 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #3572

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm dying to know what add-on is giving you the Penetration stat! I've used "SuperStar" till now, but it does not show the penetration stat! That is amazing! I def want to swap add-ons after seeing this!

I believe that "My Build" is effectively a later version of SuperStar, especially as the display is so similar. My only issue with it is that the back bar content often comes up missing until you swap to it and re-invoke the display.

-------

I started a mod for Daggerfall, to add a quest line for the Guild of Prostitutes. You'd do quests to find lost guild members in random dungeons, etc. I added Marghak, consort of Gortwog, as part of that, and she re-appeared in an Oblivion mod as a quest-giver again. The mod-making tools for Daggerfall depended on older versions of Windows, so upgrades made me abandon the project.

------

Last night, after the crew had done their daily crafting to raise housing gold, I took Floozie hunting skill points. Mostly, that was skyshards, but we also picked up where we left off on the Rivenspire quests, and got one or two from that.

I'm trying to fill in the crafting skills on all my crew. They all reached level 50 in everything (except JC), but the primary passives need points in some of the lines. Floozie does ruby for cloth and wood, but not yet metal. Cat Man Dhou still only makes sips of alchemy. Taminwe uses maple, and Wizwen Beech, even though they do master writs in other crafts. Other than Nirnhoned, they've all researched most of the other 8 traits, only Floozie and Bo still having a couple of gaps. Blossom is close to completing 9/9, with Potent Nirncrux as the bottleneck.

Laurie, Blossom, craft at max levels in everything, including jewelry. Unna does the original six, Bo is closing in on L50 in jewelry, and does max equipment. Minx needs only a few points in consumables. ...

I was hoping Floozie could complete Smithing, so we could make sure Cincy is fitted out well enough that she doesn't have to do much healing. tongue.gif However, we only got as far as Quicksilver before bedtime. I may turn up with a crafter, and swap characters before we go exploring.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 6 2019, 02:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 6 2019, 08:02 PM
Post #3573

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 6 2019, 01:07 AM) *

Yeah, seems that we have a knack for killing Tharns, although only the Vestige and Eternal Champion get to do so (so far...perhaps a surprise is in store for TESVI?). One of the things I really appreciate in this game is their callbacks and nods to all of the other games, at least the main entries. Arena is often left by the wayside, but there are a bunch of references to the game in Online, the most obvious probably being the Tharn name. There's also locations like the Crypt of Hearts, Fang Lair, and Mines of Khuras, although they obviously don't look anything like their 1994 iterations.

In my headcanon, all of my Heroes in TES I-V and Online are the same bloodline.

The dolmen party was crazy. Just saw everybody waiting at it and I figured I might as well get in on the action to clear it. Molag Bal and his forces didn't know what them, there were so many of us. I've done that at several dolmens now. That dolmen in particular probably didn't even last a minute.

If the option were available, Cincinnatus would've taken that Breton woman up on her offer, lol. Reminds me of how Daggerfall (as in TESII) was originally going to let you sleep with prostitutes, but it was one of the (many) things that got cut out. Always found that amusing. There's apparently still leftover code in the game files that points to it.

I am pretty sure there is one place in ESO where if you agree to sleep with someone (the screen goes dark for a while). When the screen comes back the dialogue has changed. Can't remember where it happened though!

That was one of the funny things they did A LOT in New Vegas, lol. Fallout 3 had it at least once in Megaton, maybe more if Dukes Place or Paradise Falls did it too (can't remember).

What an amazing idea to have all your characters related!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 6 2019, 08:28 AM) *

I believe that "My Build" is effectively a later version of SuperStar, especially as the display is so similar. My only issue with it is that the back bar content often comes up missing until you swap to it and re-invoke the display.

-------

I started a mod for Daggerfall, to add a quest line for the Guild of Prostitutes. You'd do quests to find lost guild members in random dungeons, etc. I added Marghak, consort of Gortwog, as part of that, and she re-appeared in an Oblivion mod as a quest-giver again. The mod-making tools for Daggerfall depended on older versions of Windows, so upgrades made me abandon the project.

------

Last night, after the crew had done their daily crafting to raise housing gold, I took Floozie hunting skill points. Mostly, that was skyshards, but we also picked up where we left off on the Rivenspire quests, and got one or two from that.

I'm trying to fill in the crafting skills on all my crew. They all reached level 50 in everything (except JC), but the primary passives need points in some of the lines. Floozie does ruby for cloth and wood, but not yet metal. Cat Man Dhou still only makes sips of alchemy. Taminwe uses maple, and Wizwen Beech, even though they do master writs in other crafts. Other than Nirnhoned, they've all researched most of the other 8 traits, only Floozie and Bo still having a couple of gaps. Blossom is close to completing 9/9, with Potent Nirncrux as the bottleneck.

Laurie, Blossom, craft at max levels in everything, including jewelry. Unna does the original six, Bo is closing in on L50 in jewelry, and does max equipment. Minx needs only a few points in consumables. ...

I was hoping Floozie could complete Smithing, so we could make sure Cincy is fitted out well enough that she doesn't have to do much healing. tongue.gif However, we only got as far as Quicksilver before bedtime. I may turn up with a crafter, and swap characters before we go exploring.

Oh, thank you so much for the info on that addon!

Wait, what armor were you needing, and at what level? Is there something I can do to help?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 9 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #3574

Councilor
Group Icon

So, after the guild meet on Friday, I spent the other days of the weekend getting skill points for everyone's crafting. Floozie completed Smithing, and everyone now has top rank in Provisioning, so they can make their own food (if they know the recipe).

Then it was Taminwe's Clothier, Bo's Jewelry, and a few others. We found another Potent Nirncrux, and got Blossom started on another research (only three to go!).

We're at the half-way point in gold for buying a mansion. There's a lot of arguing about which one to aim for: Daggerfall Overlook, Serenity Falls, or Ebonheart Chateau. Breton, Khajiit, and Dunmer furnishings are all pretty easy to make, and each one has features we like. Still, plenty of time to decide at our current rate of progress, and of course, Laurie is arguing that we should complete Hunding's first! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 9 2019, 05:53 PM
Post #3575

Paladin
Group Icon

Speaking of skill points, Buffy the BowWarden was looking for some so she went to Cyrodiil. Turns out the 7 day with CP campaign was at low population and her alliance owned 80% of the map. So she had a blast rather safely racing all over for shards. Her count at the end of the session was 9 shards so those 3 skill points were just what she was looking for. We only saw one other player in all her travels. He was enemy and grabbing a shard with no more interest in Buffy than she had in him. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 9 2019, 08:38 PM
Post #3576

Mouth
Group Icon

While there have been some annoyances the past couple days, there has also been much progress for Cincy. But first, the bad stuff.

The bad stuff was pretty much solely due to the Imperial City. A day or two ago, Cincy was traversing the Imperial Sewers, and saw a Covenant player in the distance. He was a much higher level, so Cincy had to try to find ways to sneak around him. A couple of times it seemed that the Covenant player was evaded, yet Cincy would run into a room where he was. Not sure if the Covenant player saw us, but it seemed like he did and came our way. We had to hide on one side of this giant column in the one room we were in, and fortunately the Covenant player went around the other side. This was also deep in the Pact section of the sewers. The whole point was to try to take on one of the bosses near the Pact camp (Wiznacki?). Finally, we made it to the boss spawn location, and found two other Pact players waiting for the boss as well. It was all great...until a GIGANTIC contingent of Dominion players just flooded the room and slaughtered us. I'm talking like 30 players. Although my Pact compatriots were a very high level, there were just too many enemies. That was frustrating.

Then today, I went to the Arena to try to do the quest where you kill all the daedra there. It was going alright, until some player I didn't see killed me while fighting the harvester boss. I tried coming back and...no one was there. Seemed like my opportunity. But a Dominion player came in, but fortunately they seemed more interested in attacking the daedra as well. Then some [censored] Covenant player came in and saw a prime opportunity to gank me. He was close to double my level and used some moves I had never seen before, mostly stunlocking me. I don't care much for Tel Var stones, but [censored] I just want to do Imperial City stuff without getting ganked.

On the other hand, there have been some great successes as well.
1) Cincy finished his first Undaunted pledge with the guild on Friday, getting some great coaching and teamwork from Buffy (Acadian), Floozie (ghastley), and Jerric (Grits).
2) Cincy achieved the Pact Hero status yesterday, taking the title for other players to see when they encounter him.
3) A bunch more quests for places of interest were completed, and almost all of them have been done for the Pact zones (at least, those that are available with the main game, not including DLC). Several more delves were completed, being no match for Cincy's combat prowess.
4) Cincy finally visited Cyrodiil outside of the Imperial City for the first time yesterday. Fortunately, we saw no enemy players (and only a couple of Pact players), so it was easy traveling. Cincy found Cheydinhal and helped out the rebels there a bit. He also found a few skyshards.
5) Over the past couple days, Cincy achieved Master status in Restoration Staff, Woodworking, and Destruction Staff. This past week, he also became a Master Clothier.

But most of all: Today some huge inroads were made against World Bosses. First, Cincy attacked that giant Bull Netch in Stonefalls (Brahma's Grove is the location). He would've taken it down on his own even though it was taking a while, but another player joined in and made the fight go quicker.

Then we went to fight that Golden Saint at the Shivering Shrine, Aurig Mireh. We found a level 42 player (not CP) hanging around. Seemed that he was debating whether to take on the boss or hoping someone would come along. We tag-teamed the Golden Saint, but we were eventually overwhelmed by the number of scamps and clannfear that were summoned. But we regrouped, realized that we had to keep constantly shifting attacks to summoned creatures when they came, and killed them so that not too many attacked at one time. After a grueling second battle, we defeated the Golden Saint! Cincy and the other combatant congratulated each other and parted ways.

But the best part is that Cincy took on two World Bosses and killed them all by himself today! And in the Imperial City Sewers no less! So not everything about the IC was a wash the past few days. Both bosses were deep in Covenant territory too. One was the vampiric Orc leader and the other was a Dremora who was holding open a large gate for creatures from Oblivion.

Still, we did figure out Cincy's limits soloing World Bosses. There was a big wraith close to the center of the sewers but just inside Pact territory that was too tough to beat. The last World Boss left in Stonefalls for Cincy is actually a 3-on-1 in the Cave of Memories, which was also beyond his capabilities. Nevertheless, there was a lot that was learned today.

I know that is a lot to read, but there was a lot to report. Although there were some frustrations, there were by far more successes than defeats. EDIT: Due to the IC event, Cincy and I got a couple of event tickets. There's finally a bed in his house! Bought the Imperial canopy bed they have in the store. Some of the other stuff in there looks cool so I am going to try to do some more stuff in the IC Sewers.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Sep 9 2019, 08:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 9 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #3577

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 9 2019, 03:38 PM) *

He would've taken it down on his own even though it was taking a while, but another player joined in and made the fight go quicker.

That's really common for a tank. I've never managed to keep a World Boss fight secret for long enough for Laurie to finish one solo. laugh.gif

And there's Imperial furniture available for tickets? We were ignoring the event because we have no interest in Indrik.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Sep 9 2019, 09:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 9 2019, 09:34 PM
Post #3578

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 9 2019, 12:53 PM) *

Speaking of skill points, Buffy the BowWarden was looking for some so she went to Cyrodiil. Turns out the 7 day with CP campaign was at low population and her alliance owned 80% of the map. So she had a blast rather safely racing all over for shards. Her count at the end of the session was 9 shards so those 3 skill points were just what she was looking for. We only saw one other player in all her travels. He was enemy and grabbing a shard with no more interest in Buffy than she had in him. tongue.gif

Oh, I'll bet Cyrodiil is empty right now with everyone in the Imperial City for the Event! Pia should go nab her skyshards too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 9 2019, 09:42 PM
Post #3579

Paladin
Group Icon

Great job, Rader! That is a good feeling being able to solo some of the WBs. That Stonefalls Golden Saint is indeed one of the tougher WBs you'll find among the Alliance zones. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 9 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #3580

Ancient
Group Icon

While there have been some annoyances the past couple days, there has also been much progress for Cincy. But first, the bad stuff.

The bad stuff was pretty much solely due to the Imperial City. A day or two ago, Cincy was traversing the Imperial Sewers, and saw a Covenant player in the distance. He was a much higher level, so Cincy had to try to find ways to sneak around him. A couple of times it seemed that the Covenant player was evaded, yet Cincy would run into a room where he was. Not sure if the Covenant player saw us, but it seemed like he did and came our way. We had to hide on one side of this giant column in the one room we were in, and fortunately the Covenant player went around the other side. This was also deep in the Pact section of the sewers. The whole point was to try to take on one of the bosses near the Pact camp (Wiznacki?). Finally, we made it to the boss spawn location, and found two other Pact players waiting for the boss as well. It was all great...until a GIGANTIC contingent of Dominion players just flooded the room and slaughtered us. I'm talking like 30 players. Although my Pact compatriots were a very high level, there were just too many enemies. That was frustrating.

Then today, I went to the Arena to try to do the quest where you kill all the daedra there. It was going alright, until some player I didn't see killed me while fighting the harvester boss. I tried coming back and...no one was there. Seemed like my opportunity. But a Dominion player came in, but fortunately they seemed more interested in attacking the daedra as well. Then some [censored] Covenant player came in and saw a prime opportunity to gank me. He was close to double my level and used some moves I had never seen before, mostly stunlocking me. I don't care much for Tel Var stones, but [censored] I just want to do Imperial City stuff without getting ganked.

On the other hand, there have been some great successes as well.
1) Cincy finished his first Undaunted pledge with the guild on Friday, getting some great coaching and teamwork from Buffy (Acadian), Floozie (ghastley), and Jerric (Grits).
2) Cincy achieved the Pact Hero status yesterday, taking the title for other players to see when they encounter him.
3) A bunch more quests for places of interest were completed, and almost all of them have been done for the Pact zones (at least, those that are available with the main game, not including DLC). Several more delves were completed, being no match for Cincy's combat prowess.
4) Cincy finally visited Cyrodiil outside of the Imperial City for the first time yesterday. Fortunately, we saw no enemy players (and only a couple of Pact players), so it was easy traveling. Cincy found Cheydinhal and helped out the rebels there a bit. He also found a few skyshards.
5) Over the past couple days, Cincy achieved Master status in Restoration Staff, Woodworking, and Destruction Staff. This past week, he also became a Master Clothier.

But most of all: Today some huge inroads were made against World Bosses. First, Cincy attacked that giant Bull Netch in Stonefalls (Brahma's Grove is the location). He would've taken it down on his own even though it was taking a while, but another player joined in and made the fight go quicker.

Then we went to fight that Golden Saint at the Shivering Shrine, Aurig Mireh. We found a level 42 player (not CP) hanging around. Seemed that he was debating whether to take on the boss or hoping someone would come along. We tag-teamed the Golden Saint, but we were eventually overwhelmed by the number of scamps and clannfear that were summoned. But we regrouped, realized that we had to keep constantly shifting attacks to summoned creatures when they came, and killed them so that not too many attacked at one time. After a grueling second battle, we defeated the Golden Saint! Cincy and the other combatant congratulated each other and parted ways.

But the best part is that Cincy took on two World Bosses and killed them all by himself today! And in the Imperial City Sewers no less! So not everything about the IC was a wash the past few days. Both bosses were deep in Covenant territory too. One was the vampiric Orc leader and the other was a Dremora who was holding open a large gate for creatures from Oblivion.

Still, we did figure out Cincy's limits soloing World Bosses. There was a big wraith close to the center of the sewers but just inside Pact territory that was too tough to beat. The last World Boss left in Stonefalls for Cincy is actually a 3-on-1 in the Cave of Memories, which was also beyond his capabilities. Nevertheless, there was a lot that was learned today.

I know that is a lot to read, but there was a lot to report. Although there were some frustrations, there were by far more successes than defeats. EDIT: Due to the IC event, Cincy and I got a couple of event tickets. There's finally a bed in his house! Bought the Imperial canopy bed they have in the store. Some of the other stuff in there looks cool so I am going to try to do some more stuff in the IC Sewers.

Sounds like you are really getting to enjoy the game during this event! And yeah; as long as this event is going on, the Imperial City and its sewers are going to be overloaded with PvP gank mobs. It is a great time to get all the Skyshards in Cyrodiil though; while everyone is in the sewers, lol.

You are really doing amazing on your build though; you soloed a couple World Bosses that I still can't do! Congrats on your progress; and on the crafting mastery too!

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 9 2019, 04:29 PM) *

He would've taken it down on his own even though it was taking a while, but another player joined in and made the fight go quicker.

That's really common for a tank. I've never managed to keep a World Boss fight secret for long enough for Laurie to finish one solo. laugh.gif

And there's Imperial furniture available for tickets? We were ignoring the event because we have no interest in Indrik.

Yes, I'm more excited over the rare Imperial and Daedric furnishings; the Imperial ones are usually Crown Store only!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 9 2019, 09:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 177 178 179 180 181 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:53 AM