Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human II- Playground XII, the one after the eleventh...
Lord Revan
post Jul 8 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

OCC: Sorry, I didn't see Green-Root's posts. I'll assume the Argonian swam back.

Tenek

While the Argonian's conspiracy theory was rather interesting, like most political matters, it did not get its worth in attention. No matter what the government was or who headed it, all it was to Tenek was a collections of blowhards who had to have things their way.

After Green-root went off for awhile, the Bosmer did something unusual, he contemplated the situation. On one hand, the invading army could conquer all of Tamriel, the collapse of any market for stolen goods. Another outcome was the force being repelled and this Breton ruling, not really that unappealing. Provided he actually knows something about ruling....

Tenek shrugged, the idea of somehow becoming emporer played through his mind. Far-fetched visions of fawning servants, great riches, and the best food in the Empire brought a huge smile to the Bosmer's face.

Finally, the Bosmer walked out of the shed and wandered around the Waterfront. Tenek walked right past the old warehouse, the discarded door giving away that it had already been heavily looted.

Ian

The Imperial waited for several minutes before he accepted no one was following. In the distance he heard splashing. Ian turned to see Green-Root rise from the depths of Lake Rumare. The Argonian stepped onto shore just shy of the Imperial.

Silently, the vampire watched Green-Root approach.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 8 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root.

Ian's gaze annoyed Green-Root slightly.
,,What? Never saw an Argonian bathe?" He asked sarcastically.
,,What does he want anyway? He comes and goes. I simply can't figure out what goes on behind those eyes."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 9 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I figured you were waiting for my post MM.

Karn, commencing the awkwardness

His mood turned bad when no one acknowledged his question. Karn grabbed a flin and sat down again, the Dunmer sipped the drink and let the taste linger before swallowing. Turning with mild disinterest to see who was entering the inn now.

Karn's eyes widened slightly as Flogir walked in. His surprise didn't last long though, "Well, misfortune be a loving companion; we meet again, Nord." The ninja swallowed a mouthful of flin before setting the bottle down and rising.
"How are my most persistant group of adventurers faring without their primary antagonist?" He asked sacastically. "We're all drawn by the same bait, I see." Karn's crimson eyes peered into Flogir's emotionlessly.

Ian

A cool breeze blew past them. "I can't say I have Argonian. Especially in conditions such as this, was the water pleasant?" He said in a placating fashion.

Dropping the pretense of idle banter, Ian stated. "You were in the cave with the Breton and Altmer in the Valus Mountains, same as I." His eyes and voice became somewhat predatory. "You suspect them of conspiring as well?"

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Jul 9 2007, 05:40 AM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 9 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

Cerpin

Why are we sitting here with lizard-breath instead of getting my glove? I hate to be rude, but you owe me that at least.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 9 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

Green-Root.

Green-Root snorted audibly.
,,They can conspire all they want, I won't stop them. Whether that is because I don't want to stop them or because no one gives me the chance to stop them, is up to you to decide." He replied.
,,But between you and me, there is more to them than meets the eye, I am sure of it. If you wish to confront them, keep your eyes open. And why did you say Breton and Altmer, followed by them? After the cave, I haven't seen the Breton anywhere, only the Altmer.....Ah, now I see. Beware of Altair, who hides behind a mask of his own design." He added after a short pause.
,,Now if you excuse me, I've got a fish to grill. Swimming makes me hungry."

Without saying anything else, Green-Root walked past towards the shack Tenek and he had 'borrowed'.
,,Perhaps I should have told him about the books I found. Maybe, maybe those books hold a clue towards how to deal with shapeshifters. Hmm, I'll have to skip to the library and find a dictionary though. I have no idea whatsoever on how to read those funny symbols. After eating that fish."

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jul 9 2007, 08:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 9 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Jul 9 2007, 12:32 AM) *

OCC: I figured you were waiting for my post MM.

Karn, commencing the awkwardness

His mood turned bad when no one acknowledged his question. Karn grabbed a flin and sat down again, the Dunmer sipped the drink and let the taste linger before swallowing. Turning with mild disinterest to see who was entering the inn now.

Karn's eyes widened slightly as Flogir walked in. His surprise didn't last long though, "Well, misfortune be a loving companion; we meet again, Nord." The ninja swallowed a mouthful of flin before setting the bottle down and rising.
"How are my most persistant group of adventurers faring without their primary antagonist?" He asked sacastically. "We're all drawn by the same bait, I see." Karn's crimson eyes peered into Flogir's emotionlessly.

Flogir

Flogir instinctively went for his sword as he saw Karn standing in the inn. After a tense moment, Karn appeared to not wish to instigate any violence so Flogir eased into a more relaxed position. He still fixed the Dunmer a wary glance as he went up to the bar.

He ordered an ale, all the while maintaining his gaze on Karn, knowing that the assassin could potentially strike at any minute. He took a sip of his drink before finally answering him.

"So you decided to abandon the Silhouette's ship, eh? Don't like fighting for a losing side or something?" Flogir asked with a hint of disgust for the assassin's side hopping ways.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 9 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

OCC: Okay, so Karn isn't revealing that Altair is Veric, but that he has been working for Veric.

Karn

"Oh, yes, I did that shortly after the blasted lich tore Serene's grandaughter out of my clutches." He said casually. "And I started working for some Breton with an Altmer assistant."

The assassin shrugged, "I have a cause all to my own now, Nord. Just as the Breton does; I'd keep a closer watch on some of your "comrades" from now one, some in different ways than others."
As he finished, Karn glanced at the people sitting at the table. While looking over Brianna, his eyes flashed slightly as he recognized the relations. Serene's Daughter, so she's the mother of that girl.

Turning back to Flogir, "The squables of the past are over.... all but one. Now, the Narza Tai shall fight beside you and the Morrowind Army against the Silhouete's horde as fellow citizens of Tamriel." Karn scooped up the last of his flin and made a mock toast before sipping the last drops.

The Ninja began making his way to leave....

Ian

He didn't watch the Argonian leave. The vampire looked into the black horizon, feeling both a measure of triumph and some hopelessness. Even with the proof Green-Root, himself, and Karn for that matter, possessed, it would be difficult to persuade everyone that Altair and Voltar were minipulating them.

And Ian doubted highly that either would be easy to confront, both were powerful mystics, the likes of which were powerful beyond the understanding of many.....

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Jul 9 2007, 08:15 PM
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 9 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir drained his ale, but not in the way to accept his toast. "Sorry for not being so trustful, but I'm going to make sure to keep an eye out for you once this war starts. The whole part that involved you trying to kill us leaves me a little skeptical about whether or not you'll truly fight for us," Flogir said coldly as he moved out of Karn's way to let him exit.

Slighly disturbed now, Flogir ordered another drink in hopes to steady his nerves. Something the assassin said had him bothered. Flogir had a good idea of who not to truly trust within their group.

"Green-Root," Flogir muttered darkly as he continued to drink.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 10 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #49

Master
Group Icon

Karn

He didn't care to correct the Nord, he had agreed to fight with them, fighting for them was a different story. The ninja walked out casually, not even glancing at a passing Dunmer soldier. Karn found himself in the Temple District, casting a passing glance at the Dragon Statue in the Temple of The One.

Pausing to contemplate the recent changes of late, both in himself and otherwise. Karn felt a measure of peace which he had never before enjoyed before now. It was a real possibility that the end was near, either in the coming conflict or the duel that would take place should he and Ian survive.
The Dunmer realised that he had yet to sort out the line of succession and other pressing matters which would need to be attended to. Karn also thought about if he did win the battle against his former enemy, the two conspirators would likely take the Empire's riens, they would not have any reason to allow his survival.

Ian's comrades wouldn't have any reasons either, but the Narza Tai would have him. Then there was the possibility that the war would be lost, and the Tai would be ruined. That was the worst outcome, a failure on his part, just like allying with Mannimarco.
Whatever comes will come, I can only do what I can. Same as every other being. He finally concluded.
+Quote Post
Tenek, The Thief
post Jul 10 2007, 07:28 AM
Post #50

Retainer

tenek

While Tenek was wandering around the Waterfront, he saw Khajiit who apparently saw him first. Tenek hadn`t bothered anyone in while. He attemped to hug the wall, but the Khajiit kept his eyes on him constantly.

Giving up stealth, the Bosmer walked as casually as he could toward the cat. Suddenly, he caught some inspiration and stumbled about as though wasted. His arms swung limply as his steps switched from heel to toe with his balance.
Having had experience with drunkedness, Tenek was rather convincing, or so he thought. The Khajiit peered critically at the approaching tree-climber, obviously confused as to the Bosmer's sudden shift in condition.

Oh, great, now he's suspicious. Time to get serious. Vaulting forward, Tenek landed on his hands and used his momentum to spring the rest of the distance. With the coordination of an expert acrobat, the Wood Elf landed on a very sensitive piece of Khajiit anatomy.

The large cat roared in pain and outrage, his tail sliding under Tenek's boot. "You blasted Bosmer, that hurt!"
"I bet it did House Cat, that's why Khajiit like you are so weak. Tales are so useless!" He jeered.

"I'll dice you into more pieces than you can count, you barbaric elf!" The Khajiit growled, his claws clearly visible.
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Jul 10 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Jun 19 2007, 08:10 PM) *

Voltar

Voltar nodded about Amrita and glanced back in a casual manner. Discretely, he attempted to try to visualize the invisible Altmer yet to no avail.

"Well she does certainly possess some interesting qualities. It's nice to know that one of them is completely on our side as well," Voltar replied.

"As for the Argonian, I believe we can use the others' distrust for him to get rid of him. Of course, killing him would make any and all suspicions he possesses to disappear," Voltar mused, "Either works to my thinking. Flint and likely Flogir could be swayed to get rid of him, and with those two, the others should follow along."

Flogir

Flogir nodded to those who acknowledged his leaving. Leaving the Hotel revealed that a crowd had formed in the plaza as the General who let them enter the city had given a rallying speech. This made things quite easier as he soon found the appropriate person to enlist himself.

After enlisting himself on wall defense, Flogir decided he would peruse the walls and get familiar with them.

Veric

"I believe it is to our best interests to dispose of the Argonian permenantly. Do you know what Flogir looks like? Do you know where he is? If I have seen him, I have forgotten him, but I do know of Flint quite well," Veric replied, looking around the room and inspecting all the faces around him.

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 10 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

(Shogun, I assume you want Flint to be around.)

Flint Ironwood., Tiber Septim hotel. (err, I think that was the name of the place.)

Finally, he was satisfied and his arms were tingling with exhaustion. Three arrows sat neatly within the center circle.
,,Alright, time for a drink." Flint decided and walked casually to the inn, his new bow and arrows slung behind his back.

Inside the inn, he pushed himself through the normal crowd and grabbed an unopened bottle of Flin.
,,I wonder how long it will be before the snakes are going to attack. Will we get a warning? Or will the walls be overrun before we even know what's happening." His mood darkened and his face dropped into a frown.
,,Crap, I'm too old for all this excitement."

Green-Root, waterfront.

,,Tsk. Tenek, looking for trouble?" Green-Root asked, casually raising the tip of his spear towards the Khajiit's neck with one hand. His other hand held the tail of a large and very dead Slaughterfish. He flashed the Argonian equivelant of an amused smile.
,,Or is this just a friend of yours?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 11 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

Voltar

Voltar scanned the room. He pointed at an older looking Nord standing at the bar. "Flogir is that Nord by the bar there. He has the look of an old soldier, which if I remember correctly, was his previous occupation. He's a bit easier to pick out due to the frost enchantment on his sword," Voltar stated, giving a quick summation of the Nord. It just so happened that Flint arrived in the bar at this moment.

"Well isn't that convenient. Looks like Flint has arrived. Perhaps we should have a chat with them?"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 11 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

Karn

His aimless treck through the Imperial City stopped when he felt the presenses of stalkers. The street was deserted save for himself. Out of two side alleys a group of four assassins of the Narza Tai approached their leader.

The loyal servants bowed, and as each rose, Karn nodded in acknowledgement to them. "Sensei," An Imperial man began. "The army of the Silhouete has taken up camp along the southern shores. To avoid discovery, we had everyone ferried here on the rafts we've constructed."

"Good," Their leader replied. "Are you all absolutely certain that we were unseen?" The assassins would not have spoke directly had they not been, but Karn wouldn't let them get lax in any form. Even if all their mentions were only hearsay among the Silhouete's forces then their greatest weapon could be compremised.

The gathered nodded in unison. "Alright," He exhaled. "We'll station most of our force to defend the sewers, not even the Morrowind Army can know of our exact location. Half of the remaining force will only be used to repel nighttime attempts by the Silhouete to cross Lake Rumare from the rafts."

"The rest will reinforce the sewers until the event of a wall breach on the surface. I want every path not guarded to be so plugged up a tiny rat couldn't find passage through, understood?" He was pleased when each member before him nodded and saluted him.

"Should this battle turn beyond victory, then you must save all others that you can. We are worth nothing to this land as corpses. Subterfuge must replace crossings of blades. And should neither Patholos nor myself survive, you all shall share the burden of leadership." Karn instructed them.

"We understand, Sensei, the brotherhood shall live so long as one last still draws breath and carrys our memory." The four dispersed, in a matter of moments Karn was left alone in the street once again.

With that wrapped up, Karn turned to search for his lieutenant.
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Jul 11 2007, 03:00 AM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Veric

Altair nodded. "I'll talk to Flogir if you'll talk to Flint. Hint that I know something incriminating on Green-Root and we'll try to meet eachother halfway so the four of us can conspire against the Argonian."

Altair stood with his drink and wandered to the bar, sitting next to an older Nord with an enchantment emanating from his sword. "Hello," he said plainly, wondering if the Flogir would recognize him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Jul 11 2007, 03:44 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

Sadril

"Karn!" The vampiric Dunmer called from behind the ninja. He jogged a little to close the distance between them and waited for the mer to acknowledge him.

It was unclear whether Sadril had seen the Narza Tai meeting, but due to the secrecy of it, and the fact that he most certainly was not in plain sight, he was probably oblivious to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 11 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I know that Veric ordered Sadril to kill Karn if he hade the chance, so is this going to be that chance? And the stare is cold because he just is that way.

Karn

Turning at the call of his name, he fixed the oncoming mer with a typical cold stare. It wasn't until the figure neared that Karn picked out the signs of vampirism on the newcomer's face. Like most people, this vampire made the ninja somewhat suspicous.

Wrapped around his arm, his chain-whip was in its proper place, a proper insurance policy. Few even among vampires, could move quick enough to stop Karn mid-draw. "Yes... brother, what is it?" There was a noticable pause between the first two words.

The light from the streetlamps was a mild comfort to settle the Dunmer's nerves, Karn revealed little as to his unease.
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Jul 11 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

OOC: have they met before? for some reason i was thinking they had.. but i guess not..

Sadril

Sadril stopped before Karn and caught his breath. "Veric," he started, "Has ordered you to be put to death" He loosened his Katana under his belt, priming it to be drawn smoothly if needed. "Any idea why he would do such a thing?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 11 2007, 04:34 AM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I don't think so...

Karn, with Sadril in the middle of the street

He glanced down at the katana the vampire wielded. Oddly enough, validation of his fear made it dissolve all together. Karn's tone was even as he spoke. "So you work for the shapeshifter." His crimson eyes narrowed his head tilting slightly back and to his left.

"Well, I have a bit of a problem with this power-grabbing taking place. I killed Ocato for the Silhouete, but then I switched sides when the Grand-daughter of Serene Sarethi was liberated by that loathsome lich. I find Veric as bad an employer as the infernal Silhouete." He said.

Karn continued, "I refuse to let the ailing empire be ruled by another Jagar Tharn, another over-ambitious mage is the last thing Tamriel needs to lead it. I have no problem killing people without having ever been wronged by them, but a man who depends upon rituals and incantations to attain his goals is just as worthless as the lowest parasite."

"Such a person does not deserve to sit upon the throne of king's past anymore than the foul apparition which hovers past those walls." The sensei said with conviction. "The Narza Tai will be a catalyst by which the new governement can be cleansed enough so it can restore Tamriel back to what it was before. Then it will be our mission to perserve it and purify it when corruption and ambitions begin to drag it down."

"So, vampire," Karn finished. "Veric wants me dead, probably for the same reason he wants the grandchildren of Serene dead or not among the opposition." He stared back into the eyes of the vampire. "What are you going to do? What motivates you to stab people in the back and betray former allies like we side-hoppers do?"
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Jul 11 2007, 04:56 AM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

Sadril

Sadril listened until it came his time to speak. "It would be wise if you left this place and spared yourself casualties. This battle... will not be won by the Cyrodiilians, nor the army of Morrowind, your Narza Tai, or the Silhouette. The only person who will be walking away from this battle victorious will be Veric."

Sadril felt his impulses tearing at him. He longed to draw his sword and cut the man before him down, but he kept his feelings under control. He had to. "Even though you betrayed him, Veric doesn't see you as a threat. Not even a mere nuisance. He would have killed you no matter who you alligned yourself with.

"And he wants you dead because he sees you as a useless pawn obstructing his view of his goal. Though his assumptions of your weakness, as true as they may be, could be his downfall much later.

"I am allied to no man. My master is a higher purpose, and your clan of assassins my serve it yet." Sadril extened his hand, "Veric gave you an amulet, it would be smart to get rid of it." Of course, he had no idea that it had already been given away.

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 02:08 AM