Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Forsworn Hearthfires?, What, why, how, where?
ghastley
post Nov 14 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I've had numerous people ask me what's next in the Hearthfires series, and one suggested Forsworn. I initially rejected the idea, as they usually live in tent camps, or have a resident hagraven if they live anywhere else. Even in the later case, they'll still pitch tents inside whatever structure they're using.

But that shouldn't completely rule this out. If a Forsworn bed is actually a skin tent with a hay pile and fur inside it, that's quite constructible, and the rest of the space can have normal furniture, crafting stations etc.

So now I'm trying to decide what to build inside. A cave is probably easiest, just needing a hole in a hillside somewhere in the Reach, but a tower/ruin entrance is also feasible for a bit of architectural variety.

Hagravens and briarhearts seem to go together, but are possibly a faction that doesn't align with Madanach, although you do find a briarheart at Druadach Redoubt. So I'm considering a post-Cidhna quest to go establish a new camp, as part of the new Reachman kingdom. Find your empty tower/ruin/cave and furnish, then the recruits will arrive to join you. No briarhearts or hagravens will turn up, as you're in charge, and those are "boss" characters.

I may still have a mage NPC that's considering the change into a hagraven, and even started the process. That could provide a sub-quest to reverse it, after she changes her mind.

Dialogue could be the usual issue, but there should be some already around for Forsworn talking to each other. Merchant dialogue for smith, alchemist, should also be there in a Breton voice.

---

The other project that was Breton-specific, was the Red Witch, but that has issues with a lack of sailor dialogue, and I'd have a lot of work to do converting it to be build-your-own. The former is much more of a show-stopper, as it needs multiple voices, and I only have one.

SubRosa - I edited the title to fix a typo.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
ghastley   Forsworn Hearthfires?   Nov 14 2016, 04:05 PM
Acadian   Why am I getting visions of a hagraven with d-cups...   Nov 14 2016, 04:18 PM
ghastley   Why am I getting visions of a hagraven with d-cup...   Nov 16 2016, 05:12 PM
Grits   I used Druadach Redoubt slightly tweaked for my Fo...   Nov 14 2016, 04:30 PM
ghastley   Yes, that's the vibe I was thinking of. It wan...   Nov 14 2016, 06:05 PM
ghastley   I dug this out of my archives at the weekend, to s...   Sep 6 2022, 02:59 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I am currently playing a version of Brenna in Skyr...   Dec 3 2022, 08:17 PM
ghastley   It’s nowhere near usable yet, as the cave is alm...   Dec 3 2022, 08:52 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   It’s nowhere near usable yet, as the cave is al...   Dec 3 2022, 09:23 PM
ghastley   Here's a sample of Bothela's voice from xV...   Dec 3 2022, 09:31 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   Here's a sample of Bothela's voice from x...   Dec 3 2022, 10:27 PM
ghastley   This link should get you the base cave. It's j...   Dec 6 2022, 10:46 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   This link should get you the base cave. It's ...   Dec 7 2022, 03:10 AM
ghastley   I have made some progress on this. The common furn...   Dec 28 2022, 05:01 PM
ghastley   I'm starting on the grind of creating the Misc...   Jan 1 2023, 07:20 PM
ghastley   Working on the hagraven cure, and the big decision...   Jan 6 2023, 01:14 AM
SubRosa   Maybe instead of a regular ingredient, the Dibella...   Jan 6 2023, 01:27 AM
ghastley   I picked a set of six ingredients that made sense,...   Jan 9 2023, 06:31 PM
TheCheshireKhajiit   I still haven’t gotten around to looking at this...   Jan 15 2023, 10:57 PM
ghastley   Progress so far: I have run three test characters ...   Jan 18 2023, 08:15 PM
ghastley   It's clean enough to start Beta. Details here....   Jan 25 2023, 06:31 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:45 AM