Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 3 Vs. Fallout: New Vegas, Comparisons and Debates...
Kiln
post Jun 11 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #21

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jun 11 2013, 08:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jun 11 2013, 12:36 PM) *

They're extremely dangerous in the wrong hands or if they're improperly handled but aren't dangerous at all in the hands of responsible owners.

Yes, I suppose that's true. I've done a lot of woodworking and general construction with power tools over the years. And I know that power tools are extremely dangerous in the hands of someone who is not trained in their use, but remarkably safe in the hands of someone who has been trained to use them properly. I imagine it's the same with guns.

I actually grew up around guns, living in a rural area of northern Illinois, I just never had occasion to use one myself. It seemed like every truck in the county had a gun rack. But for some reason my parents never owned a gun. They had all kinds of bows - they even gave me my own child's bow for my eighth birthday - but no guns. But they were all around us. During hunting season we could hear guns going off in the distance. On the way to the grocery store we'd pass trucks with deer on the hoods.

I lived a strange childhood. smile.gif

Doesn't sound too strange. I'd like to buy a crossbow but I can't justify the kind of money a good crossbow runs.

I hope they put some kind of non firearm weapon in the next FO game like crossbows, although I'll bet almost all of their focus will be on firearms because that's why most people play FO.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 12 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jun 11 2013, 06:51 PM) *

I hope they put some kind of non firearm weapon in the next FO game like crossbows, although I'll bet almost all of their focus will be on firearms because that's why most people play FO.

Funny you mention it, but I was thinking lately that I might like to play a bow or crossbow character in the near future. Someone more low tech.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 19 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

NV has better gameplay,story,and an arugably better world.

I love Fallout 3,I think it or Oblivion was my first Beth game and some of my first real RPGs,I'd never really played an RPG before,but Fallout 3 just isn't as good in my opinion and luck it wasn't a multiplayer game,because it has Games For Windows on it and that sucks and is annoying!

So I prefer NV.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 19 2013, 12:08 PM
Post #24

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I hear NV has more of those pesky invisible walls. Doesnīt sound too good to me kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 19 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 19 2013, 12:08 PM) *

I hear NV has more of those pesky invisible walls. Doesnīt sound too good to me kvleft.gif

Not true.

You have to go out of your way to get to them.

They're harder to get to than Fallout 3,in FO3 they're quite easy to get to.

Anyway you need invisiable walls,games can't go on forever unless it's a randomly generated game like Minecraft.

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 19 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #26

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 19 2013, 01:14 PM) *

Anyway you need invisiable walls,games can't go on forever unless it's a randomly generated game like Minecraft.

Or as my Oblivion game. I can go on for hours and I will never reach the end! biggrin.gif

Iīd prefer natural boundaries such as inscalable walls. Not just a halt in mid-air.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 19 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 19 2013, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 19 2013, 01:14 PM) *

Or as my Oblivion game. I can go on for hours and I will never reach the end! biggrin.gif

Iīd prefer natural boundaries such as inscalable walls. Not just a halt in mid-air.

NV has some inscalable walls,but it's hard to compare Fallout to TES because Fallout is supposed to feel empty so big empty spaces make more sense.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 19 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #28

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 19 2013, 01:19 PM) *

NV has some inscalable walls,but it's hard to compare Fallout to TES because Fallout is supposed to feel empty so big empty spaces make more sense.

True, but tall mountains is not impossible in Fallout either. I have actually never met any invisible walls in FO3 except along the borders and in D.C which is supposed to be an outdoor dungeon so thatīs ok. What Iīve heard about NV is that you can come to a halt just about everywhere where you shouldnīt because itīs quest-related or something. Canīt say myself, but some people seem really frustrated about it.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jul 19 2013, 12:25 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jul 19 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 19 2013, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jul 19 2013, 01:19 PM) *

True, but tall mountains is not impossible in Fallout either. I have actually never met any invisible walls in FO3 except along the borders and in D.C which is supposed to be an outdoor dungeon so thatīs ok. What Iīve heard about NV is that you can come to a halt just about everywhere where you shouldnīt because itīs quest-related or something. Canīt say myself, but some people seem really frustrated about it.

That's not true at all.

Unless it's in one of the DLC,which I've played one of which was fine and had no invisiable walls,only inscalable.
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 20 2013, 02:55 AM
Post #30

Finder
Group Icon

A bigger problem than invisible walls for me is New Vegas' use of high-level enemies to block our paths through the environment until Obsidian deems the time is right. This is just another invisible wall as far as I'm concerned.

When it comes right down to it I don't like Obsidian's whole game design philosophy. Obsidian is all about controlling the player. I hate that. The main reason I love Bethesda's games is because they try their best not to control me. Bethesda lets me mostly do whatever the hell I want...even if that means unbalancing my own game in the process.

Paradoxically, the freedom to ruin my own game experience is precious to me.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Jul 20 2013, 02:56 AM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:55 AM