3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Job and favourite movie?, A nice personal thread asking about you
Pisces
post Jul 16 2006, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

As the little self obessesed fish I am, I thought I'd ask a couple of questions about everyone on this forum, solely because I want to discuss my answers to them biggrin.gif I wanted to ask favourite movie last night after my favourite movie was on TV but didn't want to waste a thread on it, but now I want to talk about jobs, so they both get clumped together.

My job: Swimming in circles in my half-cat-half-bowl is a full time job, but I manage to make time to drive my bowl into university lecturers taking biology and political science (double degree), as a student I am lazy and unemployed (like a student should be), but over the summer holidays I am going to try to get a job (and place to stay) down south about 6 hours from my home city for 12 weeks counting weeds for the Department of Conservation, if that fails I will just try for a night job at a petrol station or some such.
EDIT: I am just writing my resume now, filling in the qualifications is easy but talking about my interests is sooo hard, trying to work it correctly so it is interesting and worst of all, trying to think what I am interested in, I have a very wide range of interests but it is hard listing them, my mind goes blank so I have to go back I think what I've done recently to try to attribute my interests. It really isn't helping with my cat sitting on me.

Favourite movie is definitely American Beauty, there are some other good movies like Requiem for a Dream, Equilibrium, Romance with a double bass & the Monty Pythons, but American Beauty is the only one which I find both a good movie and powerful.

This post has been edited by Pisces: Jul 16 2006, 12:49 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Alexander
post Jul 17 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #2

Wizard
Group Icon

I just posted this elsewhere, I guess it applies here aswell,

I work at a callcenter, and am head of the administrative and quality management departments there. Basically everything dealing with the so called back-office falls under me. smile.gif

as to movie, Shawshank redemption, still the best movie I've ever seen smile.gif

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 17 2006, 12:18 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pisces @ Jul 16 2006, 05:46 AM) *

As the little self obessesed fish I am, I thought I'd ask a couple of questions about everyone on this forum, solely because I want to discuss my answers to them biggrin.gif

I was going to post a *DANGER**DANGER***This is a stalker ploy to get the scoop on everyone! But since Alexander has answered it, I "guess" its okay. (Don't say I didn't warn ya tho)

As Pisces already knows, I work for a building security and maintenance company and right now I work in the real estate division. Has to do with houses on the market and up for showing and the security codes and all that.
My favorite movie is really hard to say because there are a few of them. I really like Matrix and I love Gladiator - it's the only movie that makes me cry at the end everytime I watch it. Oldies - I like Gone with the Wind. Um, LOTR. I also like Tomb Raider. I think my favorite movie of all all all time though is the original Robin Hood with Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHavilland. And don't forget Basil Rathbone and the guy who put on a roast chicken as a hat. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 17 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

I currently work part time at a store that focuses on water. Bottled water, water softeners, and drinking water systems. I started off as a drive-thru clerk selling 18L jugs of water and softener salt. It's not a very busy place so I had lots of spare time at work, fortunately I have a computer with internet access, I actually discovered this site from work. Glad too, else I would've died from boredom.

Over the summer I've been given some extra hours since I'm filling in for a secretary, so I went through some training. I can now do some of the administrative stuff of the company, unfortunately with that department I don't have excess to a trusty computer to kill time. Instead I get a good amount of leisure reading done, or I jot down some things for writing projects. I don't plan on doing this kind of stuff in the future though, everyone is so stressed there. Also the lack of people my age makes it a little less enjoyable though, ohwell.

I have also worked in a cross-country ski "chalet" (more of a concession stand with room to put your skiis on), did yardwork at a conservation area, and was a former baseball umpire.

As for movies, I too really enjoy the LOTR movies. For a favourite one, that's difficult, but I'll say Sin City. I just really like how they basically transfered the pages from the graphic novel into film.

I was also really impressed with the latest Pirates movie, I found it to be even funnier than the previous installment. The third one looks promising, though I almost think there isn't going to be a lot of Johnny Depp in it.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 17 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Jul 16 2006, 07:48 PM) *

I was also really impressed with the latest Pirates movie, I found it to be even funnier than the previous installment. The third one looks promising, though I almost think there isn't going to be a lot of Johnny Depp in it.

I was impressed as well, (hence the new avatar) but I'm not sure it was better than the first. You just can't beat undead pirates with sea-creature pirates. Still an amazing movie though, and I have high hopes for the final installment.

My favorite movie is hard to pick though. There are so many.

My job? My job is looking for a job. I did have a job in the past though, at a coffee shop. I got fired for no reason. Good times.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 17 2006, 01:09 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

Danny, you've been scaring me with your new avatar and I haven't even seen the movie yet. The third in the installment is going to have Keith Richards as Captain Jack Sparrow's dad! That is going to be a blast. I can't wait to see it. They are filming it right now, I think - or soon anyway. You know how Mick always accused Keith of speaking in esperanto ... now we'll see if he really does in the movie too. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ibis: Jul 17 2006, 05:31 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Jul 17 2006, 03:20 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Captain.... Captain Jack Sparrow, Ibis, honest mistake.

Ahem, Kieth Richards was touring during the filming of the second and third movie so I'm not sure if they ever did manage to get him on set, but I was excited. When the first movie came out almost immediatly after seeing Captain Jack Sparrow I got reminded of Kieth Richards, funny compassion.

Speaking of which, I am currently a student, training to be a pirate. I don't have a job right now because one of the prerequisites is that I've never done an honest day's work in my life, so I've got that going.

As far as movie goes... because I don't want to mention something already put (I would have said Shawshank) I'll put... Donnie Darko. Great movie.

This post has been edited by DoomedOne: Jul 17 2006, 04:48 AM

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 17 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #8

Forum Bard
Group Icon

My job is...well I do...*sighs* I was driving a truck for my family's business but recently I lost my job doing that and have found my way back to doing janitorial work yet again...guess I'm just meant to clean things up. A word of advice, never work for your family because the pay normally sucks and they think they can treat you like crap just because you're related.

On the note of movies, Cinderella Man is my favorite (don't judge by the title just watch the damn movie laugh.gif ). There are a few great boxing movies and thats one of them, I had been hesitant about getting it because the title sounds a little...errr...strange but I finally bought it and was actually quite amazing, nothing "Cinderellaish" or girly about it biggrin.gif .

Anyways if you're into boxing as much as I am, give this one a try.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Jul 17 2006, 04:25 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 17 2006, 04:43 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Oh yea! I just remembered another great movie I like, it just so happened to be on TV this evening. Forest Gump! Perfect blend of drama and humour if I ever saw it. Too bad it was on TBS so it gets censored up the whazoo sad.gif

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 17 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

Kiln, I've never heard of a bad or sissie movie with Russell Crowe in it. *sigh*

The boxing movies I like are Gentleman Jim with Errol Flynn, I'm sure I'd like Cinderella Man - we'll rent it one of these days - and gotta love Rocky cause he's a South Philly boy. Only saw the first one though ... not the whole series. ohmy.gif

Doomed, if you are a student studying to be a pirate, you've got a really good moniker going and never working a day in your life is good. You should also study the Parrot Head philosophy of Life ... if you can find anyone sober enough in Florida to hic*splain it wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jul 17 2006, 06:04 AM
Post #11

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jul 17 2006, 04:41 AM) *

Kiln, I've never heard of a bad or sissie movie with Russell Crowe in it. *sigh*

The boxing movies I like are Gentleman Jim with Errol Flynn, I'm sure I'd like Cinderella Man - we'll rent it one of these days - and gotta love Rocky cause he's a South Philly boy. Only saw the first one though ... not the whole series. ohmy.gif

Quite right Ibis. smile.gif

Yeah all of the Rocky movies were good but then again I love anything to do with boxing another good boxing movie was "Million Dollar Baby" but it wasn't as good as Cinderella Man. cool.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jul 17 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jul 17 2006, 11:18 AM) *
As Pisces already knows, I work for a building security and maintenance company and right now I work in the real estate division. Has to do with houses on the market and up for showing and the security codes and all that.

So you know everyone's security codes? So if I was to learn that information off you and go on a crime spree in Florida you would be left with the blame while trying to explain to the cops that a fish from New Zealand seduced you. cool.gif
+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post Jul 17 2006, 02:54 PM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

Currently I don't have a job, but in the past I've worked at convenience stores (My sister likes to pull strings). Since it's summer, I'm looking for a job again. As a 17 year old, there's nothing too fancy I can do, but I'm trying to look for an outside job. Maybe I'll be employed as a farmhand or something.

My favourite movie is currently Pulp Fiction.

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jul 17 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #14

Mage
Group Icon

Don't have a job right now because i'm still a student, and because i couldn't find a summer job wink.gif
Favourite movie is Shawshank Redemption, that movie just rocks
EDIT: And Gladiator, that movie is fantastic too biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Red
post Jul 17 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

I work at a local BlockBuster (incase you live on the moon, this is a huge movie/game/system rental store), where I deal with insane customers, work the till, stock games, pretty much everything your managers want you to do. Its a great job with good benefits (like ten free game/movie rentals a week and early rental times) and a well paying salary.

My favourite movie is probably the Princess Bride or Shawshank Redemption (Morgan Freeman's best movie).

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Jul 17 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jul 17 2006, 04:41 AM) *

Doomed, if you are a student studying to be a pirate, you've got a really good moniker going and never working a day in your life is good. You should also study the Parrot Head philosophy of Life ... if you can find anyone sober enough in Florida to hic*splain it wacko.gif

I've worked plenty of days in my life, just never honestly. Also, I studied the parrot head philosophy of life long ago, right now I'm learning about how to be an aesthetically pleasing cripple. It's pretty simple, never lose both hands, never lose more then 4 appendages, and more than 2 limbs, if you want to be a famous pirate every limb has to be part of some great sea story... if you go for a glass eye instead of an eyepatch the glass eye has to be creepy and seem possessed... there's a lot more to it.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 18 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pisces @ Jul 17 2006, 04:39 AM) *

So you know everyone's security codes? So if I was to learn that information off you and go on a crime spree in Florida you would be left with the blame while trying to explain to the cops that a fish from New Zealand seduced you. cool.gif

How do you expect to seduce me when your cat won't even let me steal your wine?? Besides, your only two... wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pisces
post Jul 18 2006, 07:42 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

I'll enchant you with my spicy blue eyes, you won't even realise what happened after I end eye contact and break your trance.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Jul 18 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

Currently an unemployed student ;P and loving it! biggrin.gif

I have a lot of favorite movies, but I especially love Braveheart, Gladiator, Alien, Equilibrium, Forrest Gump and Van Wilder. I think Ridley Scott is an amazing director! :S

Edit: I LOVE Meet The Parents & Meet The Fockers

This post has been edited by Wurlon: Jul 18 2006, 08:39 AM

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jul 18 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeh, I forgot to say 2001 A Space Odessey and I also liked BraveHeart and ALL Mel Gibson movies. Thanks for reminding me Wurlon.

Doomed, glad you can parrot down ... not too sure about the aesthetic cripple thing. Could this glass eye be enchanted perhaps? .... or have a goldfish swimming in it?? (Thinking Pisces)

Well, Pisces I hope that you soon ARE going to seduce me with the spice eyes in some new pics of you with your new camera. For gods sake don't drop it. And don't forget to take one at the pool so I see the peircing. hehe And take a pic of that cat too - I want to see who I'm really dealing with here. (It's obvious she controls you secretly - the lap sitting, the chair stealing, etc.)

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:40 PM