Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The chronicles of Salina Delvanni. Prolouge., Just a little prolouge and Teaser of my next fic.
Tellie
post Jul 25 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

The Chronicles of Salina Delvanni. Prolouge.

So, you have come here to ask me a bunch of questions…well sit down then. Ah yes, you wish to know my story, well relax and be patient, this will take some time, as my story is a long one. I was born to my parents Sarin and Salvaynas Delvanni, you may have heard of my sister Telina, who is widely know through out Tamriel, but she is not the subject of this story. I was born ten years after my sister was taken from my parents, so that would be year 413 of the third era…yes you heard me right, I am that old. So here now I’ll tell you all about me.

Prolouge.

I was in my tower at Odai Platform, just finished after a hard days work…this was the year 428 of the third Era. My supper consisted of a few fried kwama eggs, and some deer meat, little did I know that it would be the last time in five years I would taste normal food. Having locked the door, and warded it, I went to have my (hopefully) normal dreamless sleep. Only this time, this time it was different, I was in a cell, number 1486924, but that had to be in Cyrodiil, how could I be in a Cyrodiilic prison.

At the cell opposite of me was another Dunmer, taunting me, until some men came, fully armoured, with an old man following them. There was some words exchanged that I didn’t remember, and then they opened up a door within my cell, telling me to follow. The next part is lost, bust I stood in a room with the old man, his warriors had gone to fight some assassins. Suddenly out from a hole in the wall jumped a red robed figure forth, and suddenly he had armour all over him, as if he had used a spell. He stabbed the old man, and then everything turned to blazing fires, and an empty blackness, and then I woke up.

It was the first dream I’ve had for years, and it worried me…I didn’t know who this man was, all I knew was that our fate was now bound together, I had to get to Cyrodiil, and be imprisoned. But first, I had to seek my sister out, she would know hat to do. I promptly dressed myself in a dark robe, and grabbed a dagger with me, and then I was on the way. Azura I hate boats, I thought as I emptied he bucket of vomit yet again. But with my sister being as careful as she was, teleporting into her tower in the middle of the night, could risk strong injuries, or possibly death, she had quite a bit of arsenal on strong spells, which I’d rather not have directed at me.

The boat that was due for Sadrith Mora, passed through Zafirbel bay, and I could faintly see shimmering lights to the west, my sisters stronghold of Tel Delvanni. I thanked the captain for the ride, before I jumped into the water, and landed safely on top of it…waterwalk is just so fun at times. Naturally, my sister was a great mage, I have never said that I was any superhero yet…so I did the mistake that many mages do when they walk on water, I forgot to focus on the spell. Spitting out salt water, and cursing myself for my lack of concentration, I stepped up on land, to dry my clothes a bit. The journey took far longer than I expected, due to a rather aggressive flock of cliffracers…Oblivion I hate those creatures. Finally I stood before the door to my sisters home.

I knocked, and waited, a little minute later my sister was standing there. Telina was as always a striking person, her long silvery hair, and intellectual eyes, spoke of a person of kindness, but also it gave an immediate feel that this was someone you’d rather not get on the wrong side of.

-“Sal….what are you doing here so late at night…please come in and get some warmth back in you”, she smiled. While I sat myself down, she got a clean (and thankfully dry) robe to me. –“So sis, what is that you were wondering one”, Telina smiled at me, giving me the usual feeling of being seen right through.

-“I-I’ve had this…nightmare, I was in prison, in Cyrodiil, and old man along with his guards come through my cell…I follow them, but in the end the man gets killed by assassin, and…the world end”!!!!

She looked at me for a bit, pondering. “If I’m not entirely wrong, I’d say you’ve had a premonition, the thing you saw is true, and you have to go to Cyrodiil right away, don’t worry, I have my contacts, if you remember the cell number, I can manage to get you imprisoned in the right cell”. She looked worry, like she knew just all too well what would happen, and it scared me when she looked at me like that, but the same time comforting, she knew I would do all right, if not she would have told me.

-“But about the ending of the world, that part is more true than you know, you have seen the gates of Oblivion, I have seen them as well in my dreams, if you fail, then we all fail…the daedra will invade the lands, spilling forth from the gates, but we have to keep it a secret, there is no chance in any way that people will believe us until it starts”.

So it was the gates of Oblivion I had seen, I thought that Tamriel and Oblivion was separated by extremely intricate and powerful barriers, but if Telina said that it was the gates she and I had seen, and that daedra would storm out of them, it was true. I gave her the cell number, and she sent me off into sleep. When I woke up again, I was chained to a wall, in an imperial prison, the cell, along with a letter from Telina.

Dear Salina, I’m sorry for what I did, but it had to be done, I have siphoned away your powers, so when you become released you will have to start from anew, it way seem hard right now, but it is necessary, necessary for your survival to have a fresh start. You have a long and hard time in front of you, so save your strength, you’ll need it.

From your dear sister, Telina Delvanni.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 25 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Ooooo teaser indeed, starting a tale for Oblivion now. I hope it will be as successful as your Tale for Telina is. I all ready want to see what happens next! But patient I must be...

I was just a little confused at first since the linking thing says "Selina" but in the actual story she's called "Salina", not that it's a big deal though, since it's consistantly Salina in the story.

Great start so far!

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 25 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ohh!!! haaaaa Her lil´sister?.....That´s a good approach......and by jove it´s an interesting and intriguing start!...... viking.gif cake.gif goodjob.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tellie
post Jul 25 2006, 11:47 PM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

Exactly minky...she is indeed Telinas lil' sister,telina is about ten years older than Salina...but if you can do so, could you change the name in the title of my fic to Salina instead of Selina....hehe,lil' mistake done by me.
But here is the next update...I'm not sure if I'll wait after the prolouge have been finished to I have finished telina story...and then finish this afterwards....but if you my dear readers wish me toi continue this simaltaneously as Telinas fic, I'll do so.

I curled the paper together in my hand…I trusted her knowing what she was doing, but still, I was angry, taking all of my powers, I had worked hard to become an…acceptable mage, no I had to start over again. The Dunmer opposite my cell, was looking at me, and then he started yelling.

-“So, you’re a new one eh…well well, it’s strange to have a beauty like yourself down here. The guards owe me a service, and when I get it, I’ll rape that body of yours so that you’ll beg for death”, he smirked.

I admit that I was weak, this continued for the next two years, but nothing happened, until that one day…One of the guards came down the hallway, pretending to carry food, but he stopped by the cell of the prisoner, whom I had come to know as Valen Dreth. He slipped a key to Valen, and just turned his back the other way.

Valen smiled, saying “Here I come to get you”. He opened my cell, I made no attempt to stop him, he punched me down, and sat over me, starting to unsling his belt, time for him to learn that to rape a wizard, o matter how frail is NEVER a good thing to do. I drove my knee with all of my force into his…”privates”, and I saw his eye cross in pain…”Numeria Incarcarate”, I yelled holding my hand at his chest.

He screamed as ethereal fire bit into his chest, burning, cooking, and the sickly smell of burnt flesh came to my nostrils, making me get an urge to vomit. Then I served three more years, without anything happening, Valen was normally threatening to have his “way” with me, he had some powerful friends now, but I just ignored him, I had ignored his taunts since I made him spend two months at the hospital wing. But this day, in the year 433, something happened…I could hear voices, sound of heavily armoured troopers rushing down the stairs.

-“We must get you out quickly my Lord, the assassins are right on our tails”. “What about my sons Baurus, their dead aren’t they” an old man said. And there they stood, three guards, one Redguard male, one Imperial female and Imperial male…and, the old man from my dream, this was it.

-“Hold on a second” the Redguard said. “This cell was supposed to be empty, HOW DID YOU GET HERE” he yelled at me. I have no idea, but I suggest that you step back prisoner, and nothing will happen to you” the female said.

I stepped back pointedly, and the group moved towards one of the walls. The old man looked at me, he had a dazzling red and blue robe, with golden stars woven into the fabric. “I know you”, he said, this shocked me as I had no idea who this man even was…”you’re the woman from my dreams…guards release her from the shackles, she will have to follow us, my fate is entwined with hers”.

The guards looked stricken at their leader, before one of them grumbled something for himself and loosened my chains…then he dragged a lever, and a secret door opened up in the wall. “Looks like this is your lucky day prisoner, just don’t get in our way and we will not harm you” the Redguard told me.

There was some bickering if they should close the door again, but after a quick comment from me that it would cut off any way to escape back, they decided to leave the door open. The catacombs underneath the prison was huge, and we walked through several interceptions, before something happened.

Out from nowhere it seemed strangely armoured men or women came running out, the guards attacked them, but not before the imperial female had fallen to their weapons. When they died, their armour disappeared, and was replaced by red robes and hoods. Seeing one pair in my size, I took the liberty of borrowing the robe and hood from one of the dead girls, I doubt they needed it anyway now. I also took the sword of the imperial, who happened to be the captain of the guards, sadly the armour was ruined beyond any use.

Here the guards refused to let me follow them any further, so they locked the big bars the lead further into the catacombs, I had to find another way out. The answer was to my left, in a hole in the wall, which I deftly crabbed through. I turned right, and met my first enemy, a rat. I knew that Telina had done a damned good job removing my powers, as the rat almost bit my leg off, but I managed to kill it off at least. Right behind it, was a big chest, and thank the maker for it being unlocked. Inside was five bottles of healing, a hefty axe, and an iron cuirass and iron boots.

I walked further, trying to keep as silent as possible. I came to another hole, and so I went through that as well, I was lying on a platform thing, in a big cave system, and worse I could see no less than five Goblins in the cave…fortunately they were spread out, so I could (try) to dispatch them one at the time. I waited till the first goblin had passed right under me, while I kept myself to the shadows.

Remembering one of the most important things about stealth, is to have soft footwear on you, so I had removed the boots. I jumped down, silent as a cat, and grabbed the Goblin by his head, and made a fast twitch, before slashing the sword across his throat to be sure…he fell limp to the floor, more dead than a skewered guar. He had two things of immense value to me here, a bow, and some arrows. I remembered a chameleon spell I had learned for a long time ago, so I spoke the cantrip as silently as I could. I saw myself as transparent, and so I moved softly through the shadows, trying to avoid any form of light.

I was about fifteen feet away from the next Goblin, when I drew my bow, and put one of the iron arrows on the string. Silently I drew the string back, aiming steady, and then I let the arrow go. I did not wait for the arrow to hit home, I drew the axe, and darted towards the Goblin. The arrow hit him in his left shoulder, and he squealed loudly, making the two other Goblins run towards me. I cursed loudly to myself, before chopping a bit on the goblin. He used his cruel weapon, to dodge me, but in the end I neatly severed his head from his body, making steaming blood gush from his neck.

At this time I had forgotten all about the other Goblins, and the dagger that plunged into my thigh, made me all too painful aware of there still being two Goblins left. I fell down after the stab, and drove the point of the axe into the soft belly of the Goblin. He wheezed, as he staggered backwards, allowing me to drive the axe blade onto his head, cracking the skull, and making more dark blood gush out, and he fell limp to the floor. I moaned in pain as I removed the dagger from my thigh, I could see the last Goblin run towards me. I threw both the axe and the dagger towards him…sadly neither hit, so I was forced to draw my sword for some up-and-nasty-blade-work. I slashed horizontally towards the face of the Goblin, but he deftly swayed out of the way, counterattacking me with a quick stab aimed at my throat.

I smashed my sword onto his, making the stab be redirected towards my right ribs instead. The crude blade penetrated my armour, and I felt a rib or two crack, but I kept going. I slashed again, and again, before in a cruel riposte I made a foot long gash across his throat. I sank down towards a pillar, crying as the pain overcame me, a healing potion took care of my injuries, some sleep would do the rest. I couldn’t have dozed off for more than an hour, but it was all I needed, I felt freshly renewed, and my pack, although bigger was almost less weighty. Also I moved with greater speed, and agility.

I had one more run in with a goblin, who was so kind to lend me a ring that would deal out some cleansing fire on my enemies, but other than that, I found only two rats, which proved a decent enough meal. My troubles came along as usual, as the only door that led back into the catacombs, was through a room with three goblins and a shaman. Figuring that out from my luck the shaman would have some magical do-da that could prove nasty for me, so taking care of him was my first priority. Once again using chameleon, and sneaking along the walls, until I stood directly behind him, I loaded up my bow. I was only a few feet away from my moist powerful opponent at that time, and the arrow helped. It hit him in his back, severing his spinal cords, it was a simple matter to drive an axe into his skull.

I drew his staff, aiming it at the oncoming Goblin. I focused, and allowed it to shoot forth its deadly load. Several streaks of lightning erupted from its tip, and sent the closest Goblin flying halfway across the room, while the one behind him, stopped, clearly wondering on what his chances were…I’m afraid whatever was thinking on was interrupted by the arrow that pierced his forehead.
The last Goblin was now running for his life, but he had intended to kill me, I was just playing along. The ring sent fort a fireball that made him run around screaming. He tumbled at the edge that led to the pit below, and fell over…with a sickening thud he had gotten skewered on the fence below.

I looted the place of some twenty lockpicks, a steel cuirass, and to my delight, a rather sharply looking steel dagger.

EDIT. took care of most spelling issues.

This post has been edited by Tellie: Jul 26 2006, 02:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 26 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

nice so far Tellie, but chameleon is a complex piece of sorcery for someone who lost her powers........ oh well she certainly seems to be Telina's sister.

PS: If see decides to join the mages guild, Revan's pulled a few strings for her.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 26 2006, 03:28 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

Very detailed encounter with the Goblins, I all ready get a feel on how Salina fights and such. So in other words, she's being introduced quite well. Excellent indeed.

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Jul 26 2006, 01:40 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Gehe....have you now metal,only time will tell. tongue.gif

As for a chameleon spell too complex to learn, well when I first tried, I found a bookthat thaught me a chameleon spell(25-30% for 30 seconds), she have a similar one, remember I alter my stories a little, making them different to what the game allow you to do. And with a good enough Illusion(i started with 40), you would have no problem....and so Salina can manage weaker spells.

The next update is on the way dear readers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 26 2006, 04:41 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

alright, anyway Revan came through with the string pulling I mentioned wink.gif
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Jul 26 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

I felt along its edge, and managed to cut myself, so at least it was sharp enough.

I walked in the door, and came out, straight in front of the old man and his guards. “Oi, there is one”, the Redguard shouted before storming towards me. I held my hands up, as to show that I was no enemy, it was the word of the old man who stopped him.

-“Hold it Baurus, it’s the woman we met in her cell, she found a way around, she will follow us”. I looked at the old man...”who are you”? I asked confused.

-“He gave me a small glint with his eye, before talking…”I am your Emperor, Uriel Sepim the VII, and the last living member of my line…you will do as I says, but first we must move on, follow us”.

I took up my sword, as to prepare to defend him, but at that moment, I was just thinking at myself, if one of those guards tried to do me off again I would at least have a sharp piece of metal between me and death. We were attacked again by those red robed figures, heck I even fried one with a fireball. We came to another door of steel bars. “DAMN ITS LOCKED”, I heard Baurus shout, “prisoner, take the Emperor into that room over there, defend him with your life”.

I grabbed the Emperor by his robe, and slowly dragged him with me, shielding him with my body should anyone come. We stood in a room, just outside the locked door, when we were attacked, no less than seven assassins came towards us, but the Emperors guards, who I reckoned to be blades, intercepted them. While they were fighting, a door opened in the wall, and two robed figures came out. As from nowhere weapons appeared in their hands, and one of them stabbed it into the gut of Emperor Uriel. I screamed, before driving my sword into the head of the assassin, he fell to the ground, meanwhile I turned my attention over to the other one.

I lunged forwards with my blade, but he blocked, I was sure a counterattack would come, so I leaned to the side, just fast enough to avoid the blade that whizzed through the air. Grabbing his wrist, I punched as hard as I could into his elbow, and heard a satisfying snap, he dropped the weapon that disappeared into a cloud of dust, screaming over his broken arm. I drove my sword into him once, twice, I did not stop until blood was lying around everywhere, and his back was totally filled with stab marks.

-“L-listen child, g-g-get the amulet of Kings to Jauffre, he will know what to do”, and then the Emperor closed his eyes. Baurus came in, he saw what had happened, he dropped his head.

-“Then I failed then, but where is the Amulet of Kings”? I explained the situation to him, and it seemed to lighten him up a bit.

-“Hmm, I don’t know what the old man saw in you, but he trusts you at least, Jauffre is the Grandmaster of our organisation, you’ll find him in Weynon Priory, good luck, I’ll stay and watch over the Emperors body”.

Then he turned and walked away to get the other guard. I meanwhile went through the hole the assassins came from, a short walk after I was standing out in the free, outside the imperial city, as a free girl.

End of Prolouge. © of Telendil Delvanni.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 26 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

And so the story begins...

Wonderfully depicted prologue, can't wait to see Salina's (mis)/adventures.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 26 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

interesting, I wonder what Selina will think of about Mankar Camoran and The Mithic dawn...... and if she inherits Frostcrag Spire smile.gif
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Sep 23 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

Chapter 1: New Beginnings.

I figured that the first thing on my to do list, would be to get some food and rest, and at the same time I could explore the city. I sighed as I entered the Imperial Market district, after all these years I was now back. I was walking quickly with my red hood safely on shadowing my face, people were walking by my no one noticing my presence fortunately, and after a few minutes walk I found a rather cozy inn.

The main room was dark with a few chandeleirs and torches lighting up the place. A few of the patrons looked up at my arrival before going back to their buisness. With a swhirl of my robe I walked briskly to the innkeeper, a middleaged imperial woman with greying long hair. "How much for a room"? I whispered.

"Twelve septims for a night", she said. I looked around swiftly before dropping a pouch with forty septims in it (I had hastily 'liberated' it from a haughty nobleman that I ahd passed in the street earlier), "I want a good steak, some fine wine, and lastly I was never here", I said to the woman in an offhand matter.

"Of course, discretion is something I always offer", she said almost as if I had insulted her. She handed me a key and I walked up the stairs quickly. My room was at the end of a hallway and I swiftly locked myself in. The room itself was quite plain with nothing but a simple bed, a dresser and a nightstand. I locked the door behind me and removed my clothing before sinking into the bed under the blankets.

I sighed in pleasure, after five years of prison, a simple bed seemed like heaven, and even my healthy dose of paranoia seemed to diminish a little, until I remembered the damn amulet that I had to deliver. I cursed my family luck, I just happened to be the momentary caretaker of one of the most important artifacts in Tamriel with a bunch murdering cuthroaths after it, so now my choices were: A: run for it, most likely they would catch up on me and kill me. B: I could deliver the amulet, and most likely knowing my luck I would be unwillingly dragged into a situation that wold grow completely out of proportions and most likely get me killed,. C: I could go about my daily life and try to train myself up and aquire a position of power where I could have others to...maybe not rely on, sacrifice 'for the greater good' maybe, but not rely on...tough choices eh?

No, what I really needed was to train myself and lay low, however with these assassins after me my life expectancy was rather low...unless...if I just happened to die due to and 'unfortunate fire', that would blow them off my tracks, and I could find myself a nice little hidey hole and try to train myself up towards my ridicously overpowered sisters level, I snorted at that, riiight my sister is something by herself, a real piece of work, after all did she or did she not have just about an entire house of triggerhappy spellslinging mages with overimaginative violent personalities at her disposal, not to mention all of those rather 'questionable' books and artifacts she had gathered, ah yes my sister with all of her peculiar hobbies and personality quirks was first and foremost someone you didn't piss off.

As a matter of fact, the last time someone had pissed her off she had activated her newst spell, a spell that was designed to speed up teleporting by 300%, of course this made the teleportation to fast to handle, and so the poor imperial who had come to ask her about ten years of missing taxes, had teleported out after almost getting char-grilled by a fireball, the imperials spent almost a week picking up bits and pieces of him that had been scattered about Vvardenfell. I chuckled at the memory, and having come to my conclusion I geared up again, and picked out from my sack a large bottle of oil that I had found in the cave, and started to methodically splashing it around, before putting to more flasks unopened on the floor.

Carefully I opened the window, and threw the nightlamp to the floor, immediately igniting the oil. I grabbed the beam outside the window, and used it to hoist myself up on the roof, where I snuck as stealthily as possible towards the end of the roof, and with one quick jump I had landed on the roof of the next building, unfortunately I had chosen to jump into a bundle of fish nets, and spent the next hour of disentangling myself from the nets, only to be blasted to the floor again by a powerful explosion that blew the inn into pieces of thimber, aparently the inn ahd a large abount of brandy on barrels, ah well there was nothing I could do about that anyways.

Some might be disgusted by my actions, most likely more than a few persons died in the fire, however I was nothing if not a Telvanni, and survival instict always came first (alongside with paranoia that is), and with everyone believing me to be dead, I had quite the advantage over my would be assassins, as a matter of fact when I peeked over the rooftop I was on, I could see two of them in the crowd crossing out what looked like a name on a piece of paper, before turning and heading back into the night. I sighed agains as my fatigue and battered condition claimed me back into unconciousness.

Ok So now the story about Salina is started, this is of course just a beginning of the first chapter, so I hope you guys like it.

This post has been edited by Tellie: Sep 23 2007, 05:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 23 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I'd forgotten just what I like about the Delvannis. Now I know. It is the total disregard for other people's lives. As long as the Delvanni is doing fine, the world is a good place. If not, spells must be thrown.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Sep 23 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

Hm, great new start Tellie. I really liked the way you handled the problem with the Mythic Dawn cultists. The move was a little extreme, but I'm used to extreme moves from my fics (heck, any political maneuvering done by Lhotun involves at least someone dying). I also liked the way your character thinks.

The only thing I didn't really like was a mistake or two in the spelling department but that can be overlooked.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 23 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #15

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Sep 23 2007, 05:12 PM) *

I'd forgotten just what I like about the Delvannis. Now I know. It is the total disregard for other people's lives. As long as the Delvanni is doing fine, the world is a good place. If not, spells must be thrown.

HAHAHAHA!!! Jackie you just took the words right out of my mouth! It is gonna be so fun to read more about the spell-casting murder-machines called The Delvanni-sisters! yayyyyyyy

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Sep 23 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Here we go! The story begins after a long overdue absence. Glad to see this starting once again. I hope to see more of the typical Delvanni lifestyle displayed as the story continues.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Sep 24 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

I wonder if even a dunmer's body would survive that explosion to be found....... Great reboot to the story, can't wait to see it in all its burning glory! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Sep 27 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

I awoke with a groan, "did someone get the owner of that horse", I muttered. To be true I felt like a herd of guars had decided to use me as a runway, so it propably wasn't my best idea to stay on the rooftop of the closest building when the inn went out in a blaze of glory (literally). Rolling over I grabbed my soft pillow...'wait PILLOW, what the devil is going on', still pretending to wake up I caught a glimpse of a dark robed man who was standing in a dark room, the only piece of furniture seemed to be the bed in which I was lying along with a dresser and a nightstand.

With a start i jumped of, and was about to throw a fireball at the soon to be roasted human, only to find myself at the floor with stars passing by my eyes. The figure laughed at me, and I glared up at him. He was wearing a simple black robe and hood, with matching gloves and shoes, with a sword at his side, his face was a bit pale, with a cruel smile, and a hidden intelligence mixed with amusement shining in his eyes.

"Care to tell me why you have taken me prisoner"? I snapped at him.

The man looked amused at my for a moment before going into an explanation. "I was watching your actions at the inn, you actually took care of my target, and so I had to repay you by taken you to safety. You see I serve a faction, with rather...questionable legality, and you are a murderer, clean and simple", he said with a smile.

I pondered for a minute, most likely with my luck this guy was a Dark Tosserhood Whimp, as my sister used to call them, and when taking the family luck into this he wanted to recruit me. "Well", I said stalling the time, "I wouldn't go that far, after all the fire was...'accidental', after all who was I to know that the storage of brandy happened to be above my room", I asked politely.

The man laughed a bit. "Thats true, but still you are a murderer, and I, I am Lucien Lachance, a speaker for the Dark Brotherhood, and a mamber of the Black Hand, and we would like to offer you a place amongst us".

A word that summed my feelings good right now...'Bugger' still joining a bunch of assassins did have it's advantages...safehouses for one, and cheap good stealthy reliable equipment, beside I could use my position to spy on the buggers and kill them later when I could get away with it. "I'll join up', I said after a moment.

"Excellent, first you will take this dagger, then you shall travel to the inn of Ill Omen, a few hours south of this safe house. There you will find a man named Rufio, you will kill him, and then the next time you sleep in a location I deem safe I shall contact you for further instructions", he said as he handed me an ebony dagger, "do you have any questions"?.

I looked down at my hand for a moment, feeling rage mount up in me, but I concieled it as giddyness, "Yes..." I said as I rose up from the floor, and sheathed the dagger, with a swift movement I rammed my knee into his groin, and was pleased to hear him whimper in pain, as he dropped to the floor cluthing his lower areas..."YOU BROKE MY FINGERNAIL...NEVER BREAK A WOMAN'S FINGERNAIL" I yelled at him, and delivered another kick and was pleased to hear him whimper again 'poor bugger propably never been this humiliated before'I thought with a smirk.

Looking down at his now sickly paled face, I smiled, "I guess we'll see eachother after I've forced Rufio to push up the daisies then", I said with a smile, before grabbing my robe and hood, and went out of the house. Outside, I could see that it was already dark, and seeing as I didn't fancy a long walk I jumped up on the beautiful black mare that stood hidden behind a few trees. She was a bit wild at first, but after a few moments struggle I had control, I whipped her around and then went off in a fast gallop towards the inn of Ill Omen.

Two and a half hours later I arrived at the inn, it was completely dark outside so I tied the horse up in the stables, before I headed into the inn, making sure to conceal my face with my hood. I managed to find a table in a dark corner, and ordered a pint of ale, before sitting down and listened to the conversations around me. A few hours later, I had heard some pretty interesting rumours, and I had also managed to slip a letter of inheritance out of someone's pocket, before I saw an old man who looked scared out of his wit's head towards a trap door close to the entrance, the words "goodnight Rufio", cleared all of my suspicions as the man practically bolted for the trap door, and went down, 'yes good night indeed, perhaps I should make his night permanent then', I thought as I softly opened the trap door.

I snuck carefully along the walls, avoiding any sources of light as I went, my silent footsteps sounded like thunder I thought, but after I took a left turn at the end of a dark corridor, I found Rufio was already asleep in his bed. I walked softly over to the bed, deciding to do the murder a little cleaner, I forced a bottle potions down his throat, the man was still asleep.

Then I dragged him carefully out of the bed, before tying a hangman's noose with a rope, and put it around his neck and tightened, with a massive display of strenght, I managed to string him up by putting the rope over a nearby beam, and tie it to a pillar nthat was in the room, Rufio was now throughly dead, and then I took a chair, and placed it innocently a beside the man hanging from the rafters, to make it look as though he had kicked the chair out from under him to hang himself.

As a finishing touch I took a piece of paper, some ink and a quill, and wrote a sappy goodbye letter to 'whomever it might concern', with shaking hands, and put it on the nightstand. With a wave of goodbye I left the room, only to stand face to face with the innkeeper when I had exited the trapdoor, and he was holding what looked to be a big...VERY BIG hammer...'ouch' was my first thought.

"Did you get what you were looking for stranger", he said angrily. Raising an eyebrow at him, I answered in a dissappointed tone, "It was a dead issue I'm afraid, Rufio was apparently strung up in buisness", 'it's true after all...at least from my point of view', with that I headed out to get 'my' horse, and headed out towards chorrol...I had a bloody amulet to get rid off.

And that's the new update, as you can see, Salina already have plans to exterminate the Dark Tosser Whimps, as she and Telina calls them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Sep 27 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

Hm, my Oblivion character Magnus the Battlemage is also a member of the Brotherhood, somewhat against his will though. He too has plans to exterminate them but it is a pretty tough proposition in-game.

Regarding the update, I liked it. I liked the fact that you made the murder look like a suicide on Rufio's part. One thing I didn't like though was kicking Lachance where it hurt the most. I don't think he would come to you in your sleep after that, more likely slit your throat in your sleep. Anyway, it's your funeral.

Keep up the good work!

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 27 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Ya know, I agree with Griff. If I were Lucien, I would have her assassinated or at least make sure she doesn't become a member. Even the Dark Brotherhood can't use mentally unstable members who can flip out for no reason whatsoever.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:41 AM