Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Forgotten Tales
Hukai The Wandering
post May 19 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

This is for the library and I'm just putting this here so I won't forget to post it. I will share each chapter as I go and so please, do not ask me about anything that I have not posted already. This includes what that book is about.
Thank you,
Hukai.

EDIT:
This is the first piece, the prelude or whatever you want to call it. It introduces the reader to the book's purpose, and ultimintly(sp?) their own.

The Forgotten Tales

(The book looks old and tattered. You notice that there are small spots of grass stains on the cover, and you can smell the scent of old herbs on every page.)

To Begin
There are many stories in which life has created. Many of these hold truths that, even without all the lore, will call upon the generations to listen. This is a collaboration of those truths that, without such, we would have no history. Up until the recent wars, and back unto the old song, all tales hold true for a time. Read, and believe not that I have said so, but because you truly believe. And so, Our story begins.

This post has been edited by Hukai The Wandering: Sep 7 2005, 02:01 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post May 19 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

I like the way the introduction has an air of great knowledge and mystique about it.

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post May 19 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

smile.gif

EDIT: This is the first story in the book.

A Heckler’s Call
Once, within the city of Perigrad(sp?), there lived in earnest a teller by the name of S’varris. As told by his name, S’varris was a Khajiit. He had untold riches and spoke richly of that which was untold. Even during the times of war, he would be found sitting in a tavern or guildhall telling outlandish tales of his heroism. Within twelve days and twelve nights, he became famous for his tattle. Upon his thirteenth night, though, his fate changed. S’varris had keen in mind a story from his homeland. He perceived, as he walked highly into the crowd, that a cloaked face was among them. But he took no heed and proceeded to his seat. And so he began:

“This is the story of S’varris’s homeland. When S’varris once was a child.” The Khajiit kept his voice low, as to create a mystique about him. He continued. “When the first moon was blue and the other moon red, the Elders of  S’varris came to him. Under the night sky, they hunted an animal with no name. The beast was higher than S’varris’s head now and times over in weight. As he was young, S’varris was told to hold the ceremonial torch. The elders of S’varris said that the torch would glow blue when the beast was near. They searched all night and found not a print. By this time, the elders of S’varris and S’varris were very tired.” As the KhajiIt talked in his low voice, the newcomer slowly drifted nearer to the rear of the dimly light room. “As the elders of S’varris slept, he could not sleep. S’varris felt the wind say that something was wrong. Even as he thought this, a small growling came from behind S’varris inside the thick bushes. S’varris turned to call the his elders but they did not move. The monster had already killed them.” S’varris now leaned in closer to those who sat closest to him, so that his deep eyes reflected the light of the lanterns. “This was bad for S’varris as he had no weapon or magic. Then the creature stepped out. The creature was large. It had green tusks, five legs, and looked like it was made out of ebony. The creature made a grab for S’varris but he was too quick. S’varris grabbed a log out of the fire and flung it at the beast. He seared his own hand at the same time.” S’varris pulled back the sleeve on his left arm to reveal smooth, black skin that had not  hair nor patch of golden fur to be seen. “S’varris heard a terrible scream and the monster fell dead.”

At this, the stranger who had been listening strongly flinched as if hit. He sauntered slowly towards the group of listeners. “After the beast fell, S’varris ran for a day to find his way back to his village. Later that day, S’varris got a amulet for killing the monster and the elders of S’varris were put in honor-graves.” As S’varris ended there was a quiet awe in the crowd. Before even S’varris himself could react, the stranger who was in-fact an Orc threw back his cloak and shot a silver arrow straight into S’varris’s heart. The loved Khajiit feel dead. Before anyone could rush to apprehend him, the Orc bellowed in a heart-rending sob. “He is dead! That honoured user who killed my wife is dead!” The Orc then pulled a poison dagger and slit his own throat and with his finally words passed away. “My sweat darling, I shall be with you soon.”

As not a soul in the crowd knew, or does know to this day, S’varris himself was accepted into the Morg Tong(sp?) at a young age. His first mission was the kill an Orc that owed them money. The Orc had caught wind that day and fled with her husband. After searching the city for her, S’varris and a few other guild members decided to stay in a tavern in the town. As  fate conceived, the Orcs had put up to remain in that very place for a fortnight. When their quarry noticed them in the dinner area, she tried to run past to her room, but S’varris caught her. The Orc had on ebony armor and wielded a mace. She bashed the other Morg Tong(sp?) guild members to death but fell herself when S’varris threw Mazte(sp?) and a lit torch on her. And so, he returned to his guild the next day to receive a badge of honor and have his comrades buried. If only the Khajiit had known that the husband had caught a final glimpse of him running out of the door and his wife dead, he could have gotten a writ to kill  him too. But in the end, the Khajiit made his only fatal mistake. The Orc merely felt to rest and would have never recognized the aged assassin if not for his scared arm and his own heroic tale.

This post has been edited by Hukai The Wandering: Sep 7 2005, 02:01 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Jul 2 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

After seeing that half of the post in here have been deleted (thanks admin sad.gif ) and being gone for a while; I just want to say that work on this story will resume imediatly(sp?). smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Jul 3 2005, 05:33 AM
Post #5

Unregistered

Why was it deleted? Surely you know the rules about having inappropriate "information" in your work.
+Quote Post
9of9
post Jul 3 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Could that half of the conversation been carried out in the new forums, perhaps before they changed back? kvleft.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Sep 7 2005, 01:59 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

I'm about to start back up and finish the second story and just wanted to say one thing before I posted...I used to love this site and the people in it. They we're like my online family and each one of us has somehting to contribute. I understand that the admin wants to keep order and relavance in the site and I knowingly submit my thoughts and feeling with the full knowledge that most of it will be covered up and deleted. I'm still gonna try and stay as part of this comunity that has worked so hard together to create something truly unique but I will always miss the days when we would joke around and be human while working. We even had fun with the moderators (whom I now have reason to fear) and all was good.

I know that the chances of anyone seeing this before it is erased are minute but I still want to say...I miss you all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 7 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hukai The Wandering @ Sep 6 2005, 09:59 PM)
I'm about to start back up and finish the second story and just wanted to say one thing before I posted...I used to love this site and the people in it. They we're like my online family and each one of us has somehting to contribute. I understand that the admin wants to keep order and relavance in the site and I knowingly submit my thoughts and feeling with the full knowledge that most of it will be covered up and deleted. I'm still gonna try and stay as part of this comunity that has worked so hard together to create something truly unique but I will always miss the days when we would joke around and be human while working. We even had fun with the moderators (whom I now have reason to fear) and all was good.

I know that the chances of anyone seeing this before it is erased are minute but I still want to say...I miss you all.

hey, we had no problems like that on the official forums, I think the admin was afraid to come in the thread... we could always carry on over there.

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post Sep 7 2005, 02:04 PM
Post #9

Finder
Group Icon

What happened?

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
Rane
post Sep 7 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #10

Lurker
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hukai The Wandering @ Sep 7 2005, 03:59 AM)

Why would it be deleted?

Seriously, I honestly can't see how this place has changed much since you were last active in here.

If this is about posts that might be missing in certain threads, like this one for exampe, it is very possible that they are gone because of the forum-change we went through some time ago. Some posts were lost then because there were some problems with the server and the site kept going down every now and then.

I can see no other reason for why any posts would have been deleted in this thread. As long as the posts' content were not in any way inappropriate.
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Sep 7 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #11

Master Gimp
Group Icon

The team here try to allow as much freedom as possible. We don't randomly delete posts or threads unless they have been repeated (in which case its normally a lock) or that the threa/post has so much inappropriate language contained within that we see it as too offensive to leave in the public eye.

We apologise that threads went missing during the cross over. But in our defence, you might be hard pressed to find a forum with a nicer atmosphere, as this is something both the team and the members have succeeded in creating.

Cheers
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Sep 9 2005, 03:14 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

It's not that there are any technical problems just that that (even before the big makeover) the mods and admin started going through and delete things like "I gotta go, see ya tomorrow" while at the same time saying that "it was spam" or " it had nothing to do wiht the thread"...this would have been considered as one i guess but...i dont know....mabye the starter of each thread shold have the choice to lead it whereever they want since it is their thread...but i guess that's what the coffee shop is for...whatever...i just think thats it was all way too rediculous(SP?). I dont know, mabye they have stopped alll the crazyness since the last time i was on but i just felt like the admin had grown (with all due respect) into owl-holes overnight. It was like there was this big "down with everyday posts" that they couldn't find any relavnce in. It was like...going to work i guess. you couldn't let the bosses see you not being serious or, OH NO!, you were in trouble...this place is (as far as i can tell) supposed to be a friendly site were ou hang out and share ideas in the company of TES lovers like yourself. you dont have to be here for anything and i guess it was all a little too rediculass(SP?) I would show you some of my PM's with some examples in them but i dont know if thats would be "okay" or not....anyway....sorry for that...i just had to get it out, even if the admin has lightened up since then....anyway...my secons story is almost complete and so it should be posted soon....

ill be back on later....g'night

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Sep 9 2005, 12:44 PM
Post #13

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Please try to understand.

As the site has gotten larger over the months, the level of posting has increased massively. Pruning is something which had to come into it as we were inundated with large numbers of 'filler' threads which meant we had to check every post for foul language etc and was very time consuming.

On the whole, the General Discussion is for everyday chat and that takes up a lot of our time. The reason why some posts here might have been deleted was possibly to make the team's job easier when you take into account the huge number of posts.

I do find it troubling that this has become such a major issue, when there were literally only a handful of posts that were altered because they were deemed spam.

Surely you can agree that you are allowed a lot of freedom to really talk about what you want? And surely you can agree that a post saying 'im off now' is a post that increases the overall post count that we have to manage.

On behalf of the team i apologise if you have become disgruntled by this, but our policy on spam is not going to change. Imagine if everyone just randomly added posts to any thread about anything they liked.....the forum would become an absolute mess, where no cohesive discussions could take part. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that you have the freedom to talk about what ever you want so long as it doesnt go off on tangents or take up what precious time we do have to moderate the language etc

Thanks, and feel free to PM any of the admin with any other concerns.
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Sep 10 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

I know, sorry about the other day too. I guess I just had some steam that needed working off...It's not really as bad as I made it seem asn i don't even think that I had any bad feeling towards the site or the admin when I posted that...Mabye it was just pent up frustation that I forgot about and exploded when I came back... I don't know. Again, sorry if I was being an boat. embarrased.gif I'll be good, for a while. devilsmile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 10 2005, 01:18 AM
Post #15

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Hukai The Wandering @ Sep 9 2005, 09:15 PM)
I know, sorry about the other day too. I guess I just had some steam that needed working off...It's not really as bad as I made it seem asn i don't even think that I had any bad feeling towards the site or the admin when I posted that...Mabye it was just pent up frustation that I forgot about and exploded when I came back... I don't know. Again, sorry if I was being an boat.  embarrased.gif I'll be good, for a while.  devilsmile.gif

ironic if they then delete all this won't it?

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Oct 22 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

Yes it'll will be...BTW: How can I get them to delete all that? It's cluttering up the sotry area... I would not like that there to disauade peopel from reading my half-baked stories...hmm...half-baked cookies..... tongue.gif

blink.gif Uh...anyway, here is my second story...it's feel a little rushed but...whatever...

EDIT: I decided to put all of the book in (it's been revised some) for rereading...uh, yeah...here it is

The Forgotten Tales

(The book looks old and tattered. You notice that there are small grass stains on the cover, and you can smell the scent of ancient herbs on every page.)

To Begin
There are many stories in which life has created. Many of these hold truths that, even without all the lore, will call upon the generations to listen. This is a collaboration of those truths that, without such, we would have no history. Up until the recent wars, and back unto the old song, all tales hold true for a time. Read, and believe not that I have said so, but because you truly believe. And so, Our story begins.

A Heckler’s Call
Once, within the city of Perigrad(sp?), there lived in earnest a teller by the name of S’varris. As told by his name, S’varris was a Khajiit. He had untold riches and spoke richly of that which was untold. Even during the times of war, he would be found sitting in a tavern or guildhall telling outlandish tales of his heroism. Within twelve days and twelve nights, he became famous for his tattle. Upon his thirteenth night, though, his fate changed. S’varris had keen in mind a story from his homeland. He perceived, as he walked highly into the crowd, that a cloaked face was among them. But he took no heed and proceeded to his seat. And so he began:

“This is the story of S’varris’s homeland. When S’varris once was a child.” The Khajiit kept his voice low, as to create a mystique about him. He continued. “When the first moon was blue and the other moon red, the Elders of  S’varris came to him. Under the night sky, they hunted an animal with no name. The beast was higher than S’varris’s head now and times over in weight. As he was young, S’varris was told to hold the ceremonial torch. The elders of S’varris said that the torch would glow blue when the beast was near. They searched all night and found not a print. By this time, the elders of S’varris and S’varris were very tired.” As the KhajiIt talked in his low voice, the newcomer slowly drifted nearer to the rear of the dimly light room. “As the elders of S’varris slept, he could not sleep. S’varris felt the wind say that something was wrong. Even as he thought this, a small growling came from behind S’varris inside the thick bushes. S’varris turned to call his elders but they did not move. The monster had already killed them.” S’varris now leaned in closer to those who sat closest to him, so that his deep eyes reflected the light of the lanterns. “This was bad for S’varris as he had no weapon or magic. Then the creature stepped out. The creature was large. It had green tusks, five legs, and looked like it was made out of ebony. The creature made a grab for S’varris but he was too quick. S’varris grabbed a log out of the fire and flung it at the beast. He seared his own hand at the same time.” S’varris pulled back the sleeve on his left arm to reveal smooth, black skin that had not hair nor patch of golden fur to be seen. “S’varris heard a terrible scream and the monster fell dead.”

At this, the stranger who had been listening strongly flinched as if hit. He sauntered slowly towards the group of listeners. “After the beast fell, S’varris ran for a day to find his way back to his village. Later that day, S’varris got a amulet for killing the monster and the elders of S’varris were put in honor-graves.” As S’varris ended there was a quiet awe in the crowd. Before even S’varris himself could react, the stranger who was in-fact an Orc threw back his cloak and shot a silver arrow straight into S’varris’s heart. The loved Khajiit feel dead. Before anyone could rush to apprehend him, the Orc bellowed in a heart-rending sob. “He is dead! That honoured user who killed my wife is dead!” The Orc then pulled a poison dagger and slit his own throat and with his final words passed away. “My sweat darling, I shall be with you soon.”

As not a soul in the crowd knew, or does know to this day, that S’varris himself was accepted into the Morg Tong(sp?) at a young age. His first mission was the kill an Orc that owed the guild money. The Orc had caught wind that day and fled with her husband. After searching the city for her, S’varris and a few other guild members decided to stay in a tavern in the town. As fate conceived, the Orcs had put up to remain in that very place for a fortnight. When their quarry noticed them in the dinner area, she tried to run past to her room, but S’varris caught her. The Orc had on ebony armor and wielded a mace. She bashed the other Morg Tong(sp?) guild members to death but fell herself when S’varris threw Mazte(sp?) onto her and a lit her with a torch. And so, he returned to the guild that next day to receive a badge of honor and to have his fallen comrades buried. If only the Khajiit had known that the husband had caught a final glimpse of him running out of the door and his wife dead, he could have gotten a writ to kill him too. But in the end, the Khajiit made his only fatal mistake. The Orc merely felt to rest and would have never recognized the aged assassin if not for scarred arm and his own heroic tale.

Mother’s Stew
Once, in the small town of Sedya Neen, a woman lived with her two children. The times then were not good for raising children. It seemed like everywhere you turned, someone was dead. Stories traveled fast of a murderer that seemed to be located in the quiet town. All of the region was frightened. Times then were also poor. With the exception of the Census and Excise building, everyone was in debt. Even the once-wealthy trade house was having problems. Every night the woman worked hard to make a decent meal for her children and every night they had herb stew. After dinner, the woman would send her children to bed and stay up to read. Once or twice, if the children were awake, they could hear their mother leave the house in the middle of the night, but they never gave it much thought. Each morning when they woke up, their mother would already be up, starting their dinner for that night. After a meager breakfast of local mushrooms, the children were sent off to collect any ingredients they could find and bring them back for supper. The children spent, on average, a full two hours before they returned with armfuls of plants and spices, half of which were inedible. Their mother would always then leave to accomplish an errand while the children helped prepare the stew. The children would not see their mother for at least an hour but she always brought back armfuls of freshly picked herbs.

Now, one night, the children awoke at the sound of a sharp pounding on the door. They could hear their mother as she stood from her reading chair to answer the quivering door. Whispering soon followed. Before they knew what had happened, the children’s mother had left the warm little hut for the cold unknown that nighttime often held. Without word or gesture, the children drew themselves to their tiny window in together. Darkness outlined a fading figure by the small swamp centered in the town’s less fortunate housing area. Then, nothing, the figure had disappeared.

Hours passed. As the children awaited their mother’s return, lying snugly in their small bed, whispers of excitement floated into the still, dark air. Little time remained before the sun’s rise when the children’s mother returned home. Kissing her little ones on the forehead, she promptly tucked herself into her own resting place. When she awoke, her children had already started boiling water for stew. With an appreciative grin, she lifted herself onto her elbow to watch her little ones’ work. The pair, unaware of their mother’s presence, calmly sorted herbs and mushrooms, shifting poisonous, foul, or otherwise inedible potions to the left and healthy, wholesome pieces to the right. When they ha finished, they tossed the right pile into the fire and the left one into the pot. Starting, their mother moved to speak but stopped when she noticed something wicked. Slowly, she realized that the unknowing children's faces, her babies’ very faces, she could not remember. Recognizing the situation surely must be a dream; she quietly laid down again to awake herself into reality.

Eyes opened and yet the mother still saw the same dishonest scene. Panicking, she glanced around for a reminder of the alien pair cooking in her kitchen. As frantically as she glanced, as deep she peered, she could still find no sign of the two’s existence. No toy, no shirt, nothing that could ever indicate that to children had every lived their. Then, slowly, as the woman laid on her small bed is distress, a flash lit her mind. She saw several shadows, two standing over the third. Something in her twisted into a gnarled knot as she remembered. Pondering a stealthy rebellion, she turned quietly towards the child who now stood, glaring at her from he bedside. But her children didn’t stand for long; slowly, they melted into large figures cloaked in shadows before their horrified audience. With striking agility, it reached a small vial towards the woman’s mouth and a drop of silvery liquid slid into her throat. As she feel asleep, the mother could recognize her children’s beaming faces.

The child left their mother to rest all that morning as they left to collect more ingredients. “Let’s take the tradesman today brother.”

“No, we need his goods and materials. Let’s go take the Nord woman next door, she’ll make a fine stew.”

This post has been edited by Hukai The Wandering: Oct 22 2005, 02:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hukai The Wandering
post Apr 15 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

This has been moved into the Fan Fition area.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:07 AM