Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 23 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

A few thoughts that immediately come to mind:

I am glad that you once again start the game in prison. It wouldn’t be an Elder Scrolls game without that.

Phenomenal Lineage

This is where they lose me a little bit. Now the whole political situation in 4th Era Skyrim sounds pretty cool. And I like the idea of the nine holds being independent fiefdoms. But the whole legend of the dragonborn is something new that not one piece of Elder Scrolls lore has ever hinted at before. Wouldn’t it have been great if Reman I knew that he could use ‘dragon magic’ when the Akaviri invaded Tamriel? I think that this should have been something imparted to Alessia as Akatosh was slapping the Amulet in her hand:
‘Oh yes, by the way, being dragonborn means that you have access to dragonshouts which are potentially the most powerful magic there is. Have fun with that.’

The dragons themselves are something else. Tell me I’m not the only one who keeps having images of 30 ft long Cliff Racers dive-bombing me all through the game! wacko.gif

**Having said all that, I am sure that by the time the game arrives I will have reconciled myself with the lore.**

Enchantment

I am really glad that they are bringing enchantment back as a skill. That means that my hammer-swinging Nord/Orc doesn’t have to join the prissy little Mages Guild in order to get some oomph to their whoopin’ stick! biggrin.gif

It also sounds like Alteration might become the new Illusion.

Picking A Fight

The table under this heading made my evening for one simple reason: POLEARM WEAPONS!!!!

General Practice

I really like the new leveling system. If it plays the way it’s been drawn up then it could go a long way toward character specialization. I want my fighter to be a fighter and my mage to be a mage.

I’m not too sure how I feel about perks yet. On the one hand they could work hand in hand with the leveling system to create interesting and diverse characters. On the other hand this isn’t Fallout. Do we need to keep stealing from a game that has nothing in common with TES except the designation ‘RPG’?

Looking Radiant

To me this is the biggest ‘uh oh’ concern of the game. On paper it sounds really cool. But then so did Radiant AI before Oblivion came out, remember? Given the normal amount of glitches that we have come to expect from a Bethesda game, Radiant Story sounds like they might be throwing a hand grenade into a vat filled with gasoline! What if the assassination target the game picks from your list of acquaintances (using the article’s example) is someone that you have already killed. That might form one of those game-breaking glitches that forces us back to an earlier save!

Face Lift

This is my favorite part of the whole article. The woman in that tavern is simply stunning to me. I absolutely believe that she is a woman of Skyrim. Now if they de-humanize Argonians and Khajiit I will be very happy indeed!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Mar 23 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

With Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3, I waited for patched GOTY Editions to be released before buying them. It was my intention to do the same with Skyrim. After reading this article, and seeing the rest of the stuff that has been released to date, I don't know if I can wait now.

I agree with Destri about concerns over Radiant Story. It does sound like a CTD waiting to happen, and sort of pushes me back to waiting for a patched GOTY.

From a lore standpoint, it is going to interesting to see what the explanation is for a Dragonborn to suddenly appear in prison 200 years after the Septim line is dead and gone. Immaculate conception? blink.gif

As far as Dragons being like Cliff Racers, I get the impression that the Dragons are going to be more like NPCs since you need to kill and soul trap specific Dragons to get specific Shouts. There may well be dragon-spawn type monsters (less powerful, smaller dragons) that are similar to Cliff Racers. That would be cool!

Are shields going to become a thing of the past with two handed battle? It seems like you lose that bit of defense, unless you can cast spells with your equipped shield arm.

ENCHANTMENT! I echo Destri's words about no longer needing to be a mage and having to enchant at an altar.

This post has been edited by TheOtherRick: Mar 23 2011, 04:56 PM

--------------------
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

The Talendor Chronicles is my first fan fiction attempt.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 24 2011, 03:43 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

This is for that last conversation - one of my fave vids of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCb3pUCswWU

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Mar 24 2011, 06:43 AM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 23 2011, 09:43 PM) *

You killed me with that. I have never seen that before. HILARIOUS!!

--------------------
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

The Talendor Chronicles is my first fan fiction attempt.
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 24 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 23 2011, 07:43 PM) *

bigsmile.gif Oh yeah?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBbm8sV6IKk

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 24 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheOtherRick @ Mar 23 2011, 11:43 PM) *

You killed me with that. I have never seen that before. HILARIOUS!!

Oh, come on...

*eyes location info* dry.gif

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 24 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Mar 24 2011, 03:31 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 23 2011, 07:43 PM) *

bigsmile.gif Oh yeah?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBbm8sV6IKk

Poor Aldos !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Mar 24 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #9

Agent

My main lore based worry is what they're gonna do about the book they released, I haven't read it but from what i've looked up about it, it did a lot of murdering of the world and lore. Mainly DESTROYING MORROWIND!

Ahem...

Otherwise I have few complaints with the changes, in order to make the bows work propery I feel they're going to have to make arrows really really rare, or if not have a limit on how many you can carry, kinda like a quiver system.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 24 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ahrenil @ Mar 24 2011, 12:04 PM) *

Otherwise I have few complaints with the changes, in order to make the bows work propery I feel they're going to have to make arrows really really rare, or if not have a limit on how many you can carry, kinda like a quiver system.

I've heard in various interviews with BethSoft staff that arrows will be somewhat rare.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 25 2011, 04:14 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ahrenil @ Mar 24 2011, 11:04 AM) *

My main lore based worry is what they're gonna do about the book they released, I haven't read it but from what i've looked up about it, it did a lot of murdering of the world and lore. Mainly DESTROYING MORROWIND!

I believe one of the reasons they are setting the game so far ahead in the future is so they could specifically ignore what happened in Infernal City aside from a few NPC conversation topics about it.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 25 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ahrenil @ Mar 24 2011, 10:04 AM) *

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 24 2011, 11:49 AM) *

I've heard in various interviews with BethSoft staff that arrows will be somewhat rare.

What, you mean I can't walk around with 862 arrows in my inventory anymore? tongue.gif

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 24 2011, 08:14 PM) *

I believe one of the reasons they are setting the game so far ahead in the future is so they could specifically ignore what happened in Infernal City aside from a few NPC conversation topics about it.

This. No matter how much of a commercial success the book was (if it was), it really threw a monkey wrench into the established lore. The easy solution? Let's move the next game up 200 years and quietly sweep all memory of the Infernal City away.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 2 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Mar 25 2011, 03:51 AM) *

This. No matter how much of a commercial success the book was (if it was), it really threw a monkey wrench into the established lore. The easy solution? Let's move the next game up 200 years and quietly sweep all memory of the Infernal City away.

And that gives us another Dragon Break - WOO HOO !! Where were you when the Dragon Broke? I was at home playing the game and refusing to buy the infernal books - too ticked they didn't hire some TES Lore buff instead of some egotistical idiot who didn't think it important to learn the Lore before writing his drivel.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 2 2011, 04:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:06 PM