Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need some help. Silencing unarmed strikes.
Sakiri
post Sep 27 2019, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Is there anything I can do in CK to make unarmed attacks silent? Like how daggers are. It has to have it's own properties, as it's assigned a sneak multiplier (x2), and there's a fortify effect.

I want to make my sneak attacks with fists silent. I'm playing an assassin punchcat with Vokrii and its a lot of fun, put I'm a little tired of alerting the guy in the room two walls over every time I put someone in a sleeper hold.

Any idea where to look? I don't mind doing it myself, just looking for where to start.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 27 2019, 11:18 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Instant reaction is that it's impossible, as the engine considers both the weapon and the armour when selecting the sound. So if you punch a can, it sounds like a can. However, there may be something like the Muffle effect for footsteps that can silence it all.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Sep 28 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

I'm completely unarmored. Since there's the ability to modify it, I'm assuming it's considered a weapon type.

Skyrim doesn't seem to take what you're hitting into consideration as to how loud it is, or daggers wouldn't be completely silent, all the time.

All else fails I resort to daggers when I need to make silent kills, but that's so freaking often and I really don't have the perk points to spend on a weapon type(I'm actually perking things I never perk like lockpicking this go around).

I just don't know where to even start looking for it.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 28 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

Forgive my ignorance about modding but if daggers offer silent attack and you can't get fists to do so, would there be any benefit to approaching the problem from the perspective of wielding daggers and focusing your modding on rendering those daggers not visible?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Sep 28 2019, 02:40 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

It could be, and I'm sure there's something that does that(sure I've seen unarmed mods adding special invisible weapons to use) but I'm using Vokrii(EnaiSialon perk mod) that has a branch of the Light Armor tree that gives bonuses to unarmed damage and the like, so I've been perking it. I hit like a truck, outside sneak attacks(think they're only doing base damage x2 for sneak attacks because my punches hit harder than my sneak attacks) but they're not silent.

I might just give up on the idea too, which would be disappointing but it is what it is.

--------------------
We will be your light
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:03 PM