11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human - Characters
Dantrag
post Apr 17 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I wouldn't recommend posting your characters until we have the planning thread straightened out, but I'm making this in advance so you guys don't have to wait too long to make your character.

This is how you should post your character :

Name :

Race :

Class :

Sex : (I swear to god, if I see a 'yes, please' you will all die.)

Appearance :

Equipment : (this is somewhat optional, as equipment could easily be included in appearance)

Allegiance : (Agnar, Heir, Undecided)

Personality :

Brief History :

Other Relevant info :

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 17 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Ok, this should be good enough to suit Danny's high standards of character writing tongue.gif

Name: Gorrmund (The Heir)

Race: Nord

Class: Noble swordsman

Sex: Male

Appearance: Gorrmund has traces of a once gentle and youthful face, but due to recent events he looks more like the common barbarian than a noble. He's let his once beautiful, blonde/brown shoulder legnth hair grow scragly and untamed, he sports a dirty stubble beard and his brown, piercing eyes are surrounded by dark circles caused from a certain lack of sleep.

Equipment: Full suit of amazingly detailed iron armour, a seemingly ancient Nordic Claymore covered in chips, two books (to pass time), three healing potions, flint and steel, bedroll and a map of Skyrim.

Allegiance: Heir

Personality: Gorrmund is a little like the common noble with a severe case of paranoia. He can be overconfident and self involved, but never to the extent that he would think less of anyone else. Also, he has a bit of paranoia due to the assassin’s looking to kill him, but tries not to let it surface.

Brief History: Born into a noble family Gorrmund was expected to rule due to birth and claim his land, but his father did not wish him to be a stereotype. He was trained heavily to be able to properly wield a sword, and how to work as an armourer. He was an asset to his people and made sure not to be a figurehead. When his father was assassinated, he had orders to leave his native city and find refuge elsewhere so he could escape the people hunting him.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 17 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Alright, I'm in. It's my first rp, so please tell me whenever I mess up.

Name : Flint Ironwood (Yes, I know. Not exactly Tamriellic, sorry)

Race : Breton

Class : Shadow walker (A breton who focusses on Marksmanship, sneak, security, blades, Illusion, Alteration and Mysticism. )
He is best compared with assassins, thieves, Nightblades and the other sneaky classes.
He is also very fast and agile but with little strength behind his blows. The enchantment of his sword can compensate for his lack of muscle power.

Sex : male

Appearance : He is of average height and with a somewhat thin frame. His eyes are a dark brown and he has brown hair which he wears in a ponytail. He features a trademark scar in the shape of a Daedric rune on the back of his right hand. Most of his appearance can’t be seen thanks to his equipment.

Equipment : Now, the background of his equipment will be discussed later in his history. Anyway, it features a ton of custom stuff. Are you ready?
Weapons:
His primary weapon is known as the Storm of the Night. It is a Nordic Katana that has been made for him by a Nord smith. It looks like a Katana with all those Nordic runes and stuff and is quite expensive. It also features a powerfull Telekinesis enchantment that allows him to knock people of their feet from a distance and stuff like that.
His secondary weapon is a Glass dagger with a nice drain fatigue enchantment.
And he carries a bunch of steel throwing stars in a pouch on his belt.

Clothes: Just like his weapons, his armour comes from the Nord smith. It is made up of three layers. The inner layer is some nice soft wool that dampens blows and keeps him warm while also making the armour comfortable to wear. The second layer is made up of thin plates of Glass and some more fabric to keep all three layers together. The last layer is made up of black clothing. The result is an armour that provides protection slightly less than normal Glass armour, is light and easy to wear while also looking like just normal clothing with good camouflage during the night.
His pants and boots follow the same idea. He also has some black gloves to cover his hands. (and hide that scar.) His helmet looks like a bunch of black rags tied around his head and in front of his face but also features the hidden Glass plating.

Allegiance : His allegiance is undecided. The one who approaches him with a money bag first wins. But please notice that he doesn’t take assassinations. So the “Heir hunters” are best of not to mention that they want to kill someone if they want him in the team.

Personality : He is quiet and when he speaks, he tends to keep it short. He is also very pessimistic about things and convinced that if it doesn’t go wrong right now, it will go wrong very soon.

Brief History : Flint Ironwood comes from North Point in the province of High Rock. He was the son of the local mafia leader, some uber bad guy who likes to oppress people. When he grew older, he began to dislike his father and his mafia corporation. In the end, he even went so far as stepping to a Nord smith with a big bag of gold. The smith did what was asked. He created a set that was light, silent and allowed him to move through the night undetected or walk the streets without drawing attention.

From that moment, Flint took up arms and raided his father’s henchmen when they went to do something illegal. Over the weeks, his father saw his profit plummet and got very upset. A bounty was placed on who ever was interfering with his bussiness. Inevitably, Flint messed up and got caught. Naturally, his father was very surprised and angry to find out that his own son had been working against him. For punishment, he threw his son in the local prison on a faked charge of mass murder. Flint also received a scar on his right hand that would make him recognizable for his father’s goons.

The Nord smith was killed for coöperating with Flint’s rebellion. His downfall was caused by his own pride. He couldn’t stop himself from putting a small signature on the handle of Flint’s katana.

Flint escaped from jail and broke into his father’s home. There, he stole back his equipment and sneaked into his father’s bedroom. The man would never be able to use his eyes, tongue or hands again. After that, Flint dissappeared from the province.

Other Relevant info : Since that day, he has made his life as a mercenary, thief and treasure hunter. He works for the highest bidder, as long as the offered job doesn’t involve assassination and the like. (He might take the offer if he doesn’t know it is an assassination.)
At the beginning of the rp, he’s probably drinking at an inn.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Apr 17 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Name: Dalrus Varus

Race: Imperial/Altmer

Class: Mage Specializing in Shock magic (she's called the goddess of thunder) and Conjuration

Age: (i dont understand elf ages so im going to say she looks 22)

Sex: female

Appearance: Dalrus is absolutely gorgeous. She is tall and slendor with tan skin. She has firey green eyes which seem to capture people in their beauty. Dalrus is skinny but not too skinny and she has long mahogany hair.

Equipment: Dalrus uses her hands mostly but also uses a wand for conjuring. She also has her grandfathers long schimitar which she wields with grace and perfection.

Allegience: She doesnt know yet but if they come across her small village in the mountains she might be able to decide.

Personality: Dalrus is very pleasent and is kind to the villagers. She is the protector of the village and most townspeople go to her for advice. However, she is strong minded and will not give in to something she believes.

History: Born to the Rich general of the imperial army Galren Varus (In oblivion there are the Verus's if its any consolation i thought of the name first about five years ago in another game)
and a highelf mage she had a hard life and her mother was killed after running from her father who wanted to kill her after he found out she was a mage and lord of the altmer. She was left in a village called Salinc where she was given to a wizard in a tower who ran the town. This is where dalrus is now

This post has been edited by Florodine of Hlaalu: Apr 17 2006, 08:54 PM
+Quote Post
Konji
post Apr 17 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Name : Esethir

Race : Altmer

Sex : Male

Appearance : Dark yellow skin, verging on golden. He has long, straight and black hair down to his broad shoulders that usually covers his face. He is tall, naturally, around 6 and a half feet. He has brown, nearly black eyes under thick eyebrows.

Equipment : Rough leather suit, hugging him tightly. He has fur boots, to attempt to combat the conditions, as well as leather gloves over his hands. While his gloves are on he is prevented from using magic. He has a golden Mage's staff which sits on his back and sheathed by his side is a steel shortsword.

Allegiance : Agnar

Personality : He does not like to kill humans, but joined with the band of Mercenaries for the money. He will give back up support as well as keeping his allies hidden if they are trying to stay subtle.

Brief History : He does not know of his past, as all he remembers is 8 years ago being washed up unconcious on the shores of Cyrodil, near Leyawin, and being fostered by some Nords there. It was when he reached his 19th year he left his foster parents and travelled to their home land. Once there he met the group of mercenaries - and althuogh he himself is not inclined to their cruel ways he can see the profit he can make.

Other Relevant info : His spells include: Summon Skeleton, Summon Flame Atronach, 50% Chameleon (On self and on touch), Invisibility, Restoration [ variou types] and Fireball.

His staff has some power inside it, but he is yet to unlock it.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 17 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

Umm, Florodine, don't you mean Sex: female?

Everyone's characters are looking great, just one question to Cloudy. The Telekinesis spell isn't uber right? Just knocks them down and such?

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 17 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Don't worry, it isn't too powerfull.
The spell can't really hurt people unless he hurls them of a cliff or into something pointy with it. It is also limited to only one person, or two if they are standing very close to each other.
It also lacks precision, so he can't use it to manipulate objects beyond blast them away.
And finally, the spell has a shorter range than a bow, so he'll still have to close or switch to his throwing stars if he wants to do some real damage.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 17 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Name : Skoll Yggdrasil

Race : Nord

Class : Beast Hunter (Uses spells and pretty good with blades too, lives out of hunting down dangerous prey like Ogres and such)

Appearance : His appearance ain't anything special. He looks pretty much like any other Nord. He has loose and wild brown hair, short, unshaved beard on his cheek. Blue eyes, some cuts and wounds here and there on his face and body, due to active hunting and fighting. He isn't usually clean unless for special occasions. He has normal high, pretty muscular but also swift and fast.

Equipment : He wears armor that he has made himself, fitting his body perfectly and also for his uses. The armor isn't very heavy, but thin but can manage many blows. He always carries his one handed sword 'Skjold' that's enchanted. He also carries several small tools and such in his pouch which is good for surviving out in the wilderness. He also have a bow which he got from his father, it's been carried down for many years in his family called 'Ice Bow of Yggdrasil'

Allegiance : Skoll is still undecided, but it leans against the Heir.

Personality : Skoll is very kind and helpfull to other people. He usually stays quiet when with others, rarely speaks unless he finds need for it. He usually likes to have things his way, he is nearly paranoid too and even thought he is helpfull and kind to others he usually need some hard evidence that they're good. He is the kind of person that usually don't allow a second chance either and can get very angry in different situation, so could need use of someone that could hold him back in certain situations.

Brief History : Skoll is a naturaly gifted Hunter, in his early ages he was taken out with his brothers and father and he learned almost everything he knows from them about hunting. As he got older, the hunting from food and the other wild animals seemed very simple and Skoll went for the more challanging and very dangerous creatures that lurked in the wilderness. Using his high knowledge about the creatures and combinding that with trap making and fighting. He was in his early twenties when he got to daring and found himself in a very life threatning situation fighting almost a pack of Werewolves. He was near death when his brothers and father came to save him. They managed to get Skoll out of their lair, but as they made they're way back to the village they were followed and attacked by the Werewolves which led to the death of Skoll's oldest brother along with his father. Blaming himself and getting little support by his family which also blamed him he left his village, nearly kicked out. After recovering he hunted down the Werewolves and killed them all... It wasn't many days after he heard the terrible news of the death of many in his village, including his mother - His brother had been effected with the Werewolf disease and had almost wiped out the whole village, killing Skoll's mother along with many others until the tribe leader killed him...

After that, Skoll has lived away from most people, out in the wilderness, only visiting cities when needed...

Other Relevant info : Skoll is a good swordsman along with marksman and can fight very good with both sword and bow. He is good in tracking down both animals and humanoids. Setting traps is also something he is good at. He knows some magic, mostly Illusion and Alternation(sp?) and he knows only one Conjuraton spell which he learned from the tribe leader in his village, he can summon a Grey Wolf. The Grey Wolf isn't a very powerful creature, but is very usefull in certain situations, it can track down almost everything, fight pretty well along with decent healing. The Grey Wolf goes with the name 'Fenrir' and is pretty large for a Wolf and has shades of black and white, the eyes of Fenrir is completely night blue.

He looks pretty much like this, only add a cloak that reaches his ancles made of wolf fur, a bow on his back and you pretty much got him wink.gif

user posted image

That should be all for now, I'll edit if I come up with something... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Konji
post Apr 17 2006, 08:18 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Everyone is undecided....This doesn't call for much personality from them. This also ruins the plot as we won't have a band of mercenaries tracking down a bunch of the heir's helpers....just loads of people standing in a field wondering where to go. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 17 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Konradude @ Apr 17 2006, 08:18 PM)
Everyone is undecided....This doesn't call for much personality from them. This also ruins the plot as we won't have a band of mercenaries tracking down a bunch of the heir's helpers....just loads of people standing in a field wondering where to go. tongue.gif

My character will choose a side when we start playing and some of us meet...
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 17 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

Ok, I've heavily modified my character. I'll have my previous post deleted. Anyways, here's my modified Heir.

Name: Gorrmund (The Heir)

Race: Nord

Class: Noble swordsman

Sex: Male

Appearance: Gorrmund has traces of a once gentle and youthful face, but due to recent events he looks more like the common barbarian than a noble. He's let his once beautiful, blonde/brown shoulder legnth hair grow scragly and untamed, he sports a dirty stubble beard and his brown, piercing eyes are surrounded by dark circles caused from a certain lack of sleep.

Equipment: Full suit of amazingly detailed iron armour, a seemingly ancient Nordic Claymore covered in chips, two books (to pass time), three healing potions, flint and steel, bedroll and a map of Skyrim.

Allegiance: Heir

Personality: Gorrmund is a little like the common noble with a severe case of paranoia. He can be overconfident and self involved, but never to the extent that he would think less of anyone else. Also, he has a bit of paranoia due to the assassin’s looking to kill him, but tries not to let it surface.

Brief History: Born into a noble family Gorrmund was expected to rule due to birth and claim his land, but his father did not wish him to be a stereotype. He was trained heavily to be able to properly wield a sword, and how to work as an armourer. He was an asset to his people and made sure not to be a figurehead. When his father was assassinated, he had orders to leave his native city and find refuge elsewhere so he could escape the people hunting him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Konji
post Apr 17 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

I can't see a single difference...

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 17 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Ok...here is mine.

Name: Telina Delvanni, or Tellie by friends.

Race: Dunmer, or Dark Elf if you insist.

Class: Healer/Archer/potion factory...tongue.gif

Sex: Female.

Appearence: She is not the tallest of persons, but have a thin slender body, shoulder long silvery hair, and a gorgeous face. Her piercing red young eyes, have made more than one boy melt for her, and she is know to be a very seductive person.

Equipment: She wears a common blue robe, with golden markings. She always carries a number of scrolls potions, some alchemical equipment, as well as a silver dagger, and a quiver filled with arrows...oh and of course a bow...

Allegiance: Heir.

Personality: Telina is known to be seductive, but she is really a kind and caring person, who rather heal, and bring warmth and love in live...instead of killing and grow hatred. She have a respect for all things nature, and living animals...basically life itself, which sometimes lead her into arguments.
She also believes that everyone deserves a second chance, again something that can make her a bit...hindering sometimes.

Bio:She grew up with her parents in a farm, close to Jadier's castle, but her father was a gambler, and one time when he couldn't pay back money he had loaned...the local crime syndicate killed him, and his wife...the only survivor was a 7year old Telina, who was taken up as a foster child by Jadier, who pitied her. At first she was reluctant and afraid, but after time she and Gorrmund, became close friends...and yeas, about half a year before this event's started to take place, they got together...as both of them had slowly fallen in love with eachother over the years...She is very fond of Gorrmund, and would do practically anything to save him, and prevent him from getting into harm.

This post has been edited by Telendil Delvanni: Apr 18 2006, 02:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 17 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

Davion to the comedic-relief rescue! HAAAARG!

Name : Xuchilbara
Race : Imperial

Class : Defender

Appearance : Wears full set of Ebony Armour, except for helmet(doesn't like his hair to get messed up)

Equipment : Gigantic two handed sword, that stands from the tip of his head to the ground.

Allegiance : Whoever pays more

Personality : Not payed enough to have one.

Brief History : Worked for the highest bidder since he was young. Most of the time the highest bidder was the bad guys, so it's brushed off on him and he feel more and more resentment against the goodie-too-shoes in the world.

Other Relevant info : Enough gold will get you the relevent info

This post has been edited by davion: Apr 18 2006, 12:35 AM

--------------------
The lazy man can, what the lazy man plans.
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Apr 17 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

He sounds very powerful Davion...

He is not effected by weapons from the waist and above and he can slow time and people say he can't be killed...
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 17 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, thats way to uber. also, he seems to be completely non-TES related and you seem to have made him as a joke.

--------------------
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 17 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

he can be killed, don't get me wrong he is not going to be uber, that'd make the rp lame. Just you guys will have to figure out how to kill em i dont want to give you guys the key to his demize lol that'd totally remove my char.

I mean he is slow, so it wouldn't be hard to run around him and attack his back or anything ya'know?

And the shape of the pyramid would deflect the arrows anyways.

And you can hit it with swords and stun him for a bit, giving you that window your chars would need.

and slow time thingie i said, i'll probably change that to just dissapearing and not reappearing uberspeed-like like i said.

he is vincible, he can die. But i wanted to make it a challange lol smile.gif

but he isn't going to be an uber character.

Re-read the parts that i made kinda lame, i toned them down alot for non-uber-playing. It should work now, i gave tips on what to do to him and lah lah lah

This post has been edited by davion: Apr 17 2006, 09:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Red
post Apr 17 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

Those are only minor problems. He's a character from silent hill, not TES, no one is allowed to play a "boss character" except Danny and we're trying to avoid characters that are too complex (yours is an ancient exicutioner).

--------------------
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 17 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #19

Finder
Group Icon

well ultimately this is Dantrags rp, he has the final call, if he wants me to scrap it, I will and make a new one.

but hes not totally tes un-related. Hes an imperial, hes an exicutioner(just like in Dantrags post that the dudes bro was exicuted), he was around the tiber septim era.

But klike i said, if Dantrag wants me to get rid of him, i will.

if the RP gets started before Dantrag gets back to me on weather i can keep him how he is or not, then i'll make an entirely different char in place of mine. happy?

But yeah there are vampires, skeletons, zombies, why can't there be old-school exicutioner?

This post has been edited by davion: Apr 17 2006, 10:09 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 17 2006, 11:35 PM
Post #20

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(davion @ Apr 17 2006, 09:04 PM)
But yeah there are vampires, skeletons, zombies, why can't there be old-school exicutioner?

Mostly, the evil characters should be more like assassins or mercenaries, not huge and incredibly powerful fighters but more like a stealthy sort...the character you described just doesn't fit the profile of the RP villians we need.

This post has been edited by Kiln: Apr 17 2006, 11:38 PM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:53 AM