Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elder Scrolls 6 Predictions, Cast your Predictions today!
Renee
post Nov 11 2018, 03:45 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I started another thread in this forum about occult stuff but I got a little too ambitious, I'm afraid. Should have written Kahreem up first. I'll continue that one's OP eventually.

For now though, what do you think will appear in Elder Scrolls 6? I'm going to put some predictions now, you all can do the same, and let's see if we're right or wrong, eh?

1). Spellmaker will return, definitely. bluewizardsmile.gif Because that was the #1 complaint back in 2011 about Skyrim. I personally never missed spell making myself, but good lord I remember the feedback from lack of.

2). Mix 'n' match armor / clothing sets will also return. Because that was the #2 complaint (from what I remember). Fallout 4 has definitely shown that Beth even got away from 1-piece suits, and I think they'll further this with ES6 for sure. I hesitate to predict pauldrons will make a return, but from what I've heard FO4 has the character able to wear different things on different sides of his/her body?

3). I think it'll be in High Rock primarily, but not just High Rock. I think it'll be in more than one province, maybe High Rock and Hammerfell. I'm just going by what was seen in the ES6 Trailer. To me, that looks like a northern clime.

That's all for now!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 11 2018, 04:35 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Hmmm....interesting proposition. I'll make a prediction I hope is wrong. I predict ES6 will NOT be major change of direction from the Oblivion/Skyrim formula. We had Arean/Daggerfall, which for all their differences were cast from the same mold. Morrowind was vastly different from those two early entries. Oblivion was hugely different from Morrowind, while Skyrim was more or less an outgrowth of its immediate predecessor. By all rights ES6 should be vastly different from Oblivion/Skyrim, for good or ill. I just don't see that happening. I think its destined to continue down the same path, certainly with lots of differences, but those familiar with Oblivion and/or Skyrim will feel right at home with EQ6. Skyrim was just too popular for them to want to risk rocking the boat too strenuously.

Another predication. Whether EQ6 rocks the boat or not, it will most definitely NOT fulfill my fondest desire for a game-world the save of Daggerfall's. I again hope I'm wrong, but just don't see it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 11 2018, 04:40 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Here is Khajiit’s TES6 prediction: we won’t see it until the mid 2020’s.

Things Khajiit is expecting:
1. Fallout4-ish armor system (it was pretty good, IMO).
2. A return of the settlement system in some form or another (hopefully with a greatly reduced emphasis; they went a bit overboard in Fallout4).
3. An enhanced crafting system that will allow us to tailor weapons and armor to our characters‘ playstyles.
4. A built in Survival mode

Things Khajiit wants:
1. Improved combat system
2. Improved stealth system
3. Improved economy
4. Improved story with consequences depending on your actions
5. No voiced protagonist!!!
6. Horses with mounted combat
7. In depth alchemy
8. Return of spears
9. Cooking that matters (see #4 under Expectations)

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 11 2018, 04:49 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 10 2018, 10:40 PM) *

2. A return of the settlement system in some form or another (hopefully with a greatly reduced emphasis; they went a bit overboard in Fallout4).
3. An enhanced crafting system that will allow us to tailor weapons and armor to our characters‘ playstyles.

Things Khajiit wants:
3. Improved economy
7. In depth alchemy
8. Return of spears

I expect this:
A simplified combat system
A simplified stealth system
A simplified economy
A simplified story with no consequences to any action you take
A voiced protagonist
No horses or mounted combat
No alchemy
No spears
Cooking that is not as good as using the healing spell every character gets at the start of the game.
Removing the perk system. There will just be the three attributes of Health, Magicka, and Stamina.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 11 2018, 04:59 AM
Post #5

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 10 2018, 09:49 PM) *

Things Khajiit wants:
3. Improved economy
7. In depth alchemy
8. Return of spears

I expect this:
A simplified economy
A voiced protagonist
No alchemy
No spears
Cooking that is not as good as using the healing spell every character gets at the start of the game.
Removing the perk system. There will just be the three attributes of Health, Magicka, and Stamina.

Lol, but that last one seems really pessimistic. BGS loves perks! Honestly, we will probably get a better idea of what TES6 is going to look like after Starfield is released.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 11 2018, 09:54 AM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

I doubt we'll have a fully voiced protagonist unless they're going to voice every race. Or maybe one voice actor will be the same for all humanoid races, but I doubt it.

I have a feeling that many things will be copied from Fallout 4, which is good, like more dynamic animations, improved character appearance, rain not passing through solid objects, etc.

I also hope the main quest won't feel so rushed, like going from point A to point B is extremely important to do immediately, but that's probably not going to happen.

I don't mind getting TES VI released a few years later, if it means that they won't need to cut out a lot of content.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Nov 11 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 10 2018, 09:49 PM) *

I expect this:
A simplified economy
A voiced protagonist
No alchemy
No spears

Oh, good, someone already brought the salt for me. :v

Truth be told I don't have high hopes for TES VI, but then I resigned myself to not even touching the game until it was "complete" (as in all the DLC and such are released), and even then it would have to really "wow" me. I could list a lot of things I wish came with the game, though, in spite of how unrealistic they may be to expect from Bethesda.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 11 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

If Starfield isn’t good, Khajiit will probably have to take a hard look at getting TES6. BGS games definitely aren’t the preorder games they once were, for this one.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 12 2018, 02:17 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Pretty sure Todd Howard already said somewhere that the voiced protagonist won't return. It didn't go the way they hoped it would.

I have high hopes for VI, simply because of the amount of time they have in between. Even though Starfield is coming first, you can bet your sweet roll that they have been planning VI in some capacity since V released. And now that 76 is done, the developer teams only have Starfield and VI to worry about.

I definitely see the Fallout armor system coming to VI, and it will be excellent when it does. Having each piece separate makes for excellent customization.

Combat will definitely improve. They've already stated that a new animation system will be used in Starfield and VI, so combat will likely have a very different feel from V.

An expanded Hearthfire/settlement system will most likely be in, but not anywhere near as drastic as FO4. Tamriel isn't a wasteland that needs rebuilt. But being able to customize houses on land plots, or even decorate city homes yourself would be awesome in The Elder Scrolls.

TBH, I don't see any kind of economy system coming. But who knows what they can do with their engine and our hardware by that time.

I'm all in for Survival mode, as Khajiit stated. And cooking that matters goes hand-in-hand with that, since you need to be able to eat to survive.

I know it was tounge-in-cheek, but I doubt Alchemy goes away. It'd be nice if they brought back the portable kits, though. Being able to mix potions on the go was cool in Oblivion.

Hm, spears are tricky, but I could see it. They did add the pole hook in Far Harbor, which is pretty damn close to a spear.

I'm curious to see if they bring back weapon/armor degradation with a new system for that. FO76 has it, but that may only be because it is a game about surviving. We'll have to see how gimmicky it is in 76, because it downright sucks in FO3.

---------------------------------

As for location; I really want it to be Hammerfell.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 12 2018, 03:42 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah, see I forgot this one. I'm predicting 2020, for two reasons. #1, it's a catchy year, and I predict a catchy date, i.e. 11/11/11 for Skyrim and 04/04/14 for Elder Scrolls Online. #2 the next gen consoles will (hopefully) be out by then. That is what they've been waiting for, according to Hines. I'll have to dig up the interview with him at some point, but according to what I read, they did not feel there was enough of a difference between the Xbox 360 to Xbox 1, and PS3 to PS4. The next generation will be a greater jump in technology.

I tend to be an optimist about this stuff. biggrin.gif I'm going to have a blast when 6 comes out, on the night it's released. I probably won't do quests, I'll be exploring mostly, just like I did on 11/11/11. I know most of you will wait for patches and stuff, so I might just be the only resident beta tester.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 12 2018, 03:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 12 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 12 2018, 08:42 AM) *

Ah, see I forgot this one. I'm predicting 2020, for two reasons. #1, it's a catchy year, and I predict a catchy date, i.e. 11/11/11 for Skyrim and 04/04/14 for Elder Scrolls Online. #2 the next gen consoles will (hopefully) be out by then. That is what they've been waiting for, according to Hines. I'll have to dig up the interview with him at some point, but according to what I read, they did not feel there was enough of a difference between the Xbox 360 to Xbox 1, and PS3 to PS4. The next generation will be a greater jump in technology.

I tend to be an optimist about this stuff. biggrin.gif I'm going to have a blast when 6 comes out, on the night it's released. I probably won't do quests, I'll be exploring mostly, just like I did on 11/11/11. I know most of you will wait for patches and stuff, so I might just be the only resident beta tester.

Honestly, this one is expecting Starfield in 2020. Earlier there was an interview with... Khajiit believes it was The Todd, and he said they had 2 major projects to release before they start full development on TES6. Those were revealed to be 76 and Starfield at this year’s BE3 event. Not trying to rain on your parade, just presenting what little evidence we have.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Nov 12 2018, 04:04 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 12 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit)
Not trying to rain on your parade, just presenting what little evidence we have.

No parade, and I happen to love rain, so we'll see.

Thanks for your input, everyone.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 12 2018, 05:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 12 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I can see VI coming sooner than we think. The studio team has grown exponentially in recent years.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 21 2018, 03:14 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Nov 12 2018, 10:50 AM) *

I can see VI coming sooner than we think. The studio team has grown exponentially in recent years.

Yeah but part of the team is working on mobile games. The rest are working on Starfield which this one isn’t expecting till 2020, next year at the absolute earliest. Then there’s also the fact that they are wanting to wait to develop TES6 on the newest hardware. So yeah, Khajiit would be shocked if we see 6 before the mid 2020’s.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 21 2018, 03:20 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

They also said they've been working with console developers for what hardware is to come, and Sony recently announced that they won't be at E3 in 2019. If they unveil a new console at their own event in 2019, it's possible that they could release it by the holiday season.

Who knows....maybe Starfield becomes a launch title and TES VI comes as soon as 2020 0r 2021.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 21 2018, 03:24 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Nov 21 2018, 08:20 AM) *

They also said they've been working with console developers for what hardware is to come, and Sony recently announced that they won't be at E3 in 2019. If they unveil a new console at their own event in 2019, it's possible that they could release it by the holiday season.

Who knows....maybe Starfield becomes a launch title and TES VI comes as soon as 2020 0r 2021.

Lol, that’s very optimistic, but Khajiit does hope you are right! Time will tell.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 21 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

If mid 20's, the time frame between is too long for the amount of people they have now.

Yeah 76 just released, but I believe the Austin studio is supporting that from here on out, which means the regular guys are full at it on Starfield.

This post has been edited by Kane: Nov 21 2018, 03:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 21 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #18

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Nov 21 2018, 08:27 AM) *

If mid 20's, the time frame between is too long for the amount of people they have now.

Yeah 76 just released, but I believe the Austin studio is supporting that from here on out, which means the regular guys are full at it on Starfield.

Don’t forget that some folks are working on Blades too

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Nov 21 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

I think Montreal works on the mobile games.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 21 2018, 04:54 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm wondering what direction they'll go with armour. In Morrowind there were multiple layers, and separate right/left items, and the number of slots has steadily reduced ever since. Skyrim removed the cuirass/greaves separation, so will this continue, and you'll only get a full outfit with all-matching parts? ESO is confusing in this, as it has one-piece costumes, but separates cuirass/greaves/pauldrons.

Some of the consideration will be how many enchantments an outfit should hold, and enchantments are what generally distinguishes the special items from the regular. That feature won't go away soon.

Distinct weapon types need distinct animations, and so there's always a desire to reduce that cost by simplifying. We already lost any difference between one-handed weapons, and axes, blunts, and swords all get swung the same way all the time. I don't expect polearms, as there won't be a single animation that covers both spears and longhammers.

I hope they don't follow ESO down the path of minimising the weapon and replacing the damage-dealing with "skills" that are effectively spells involving the weapons only tangentially.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:37 PM