Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Things you like (or don't like) about your character(s)
Renee
post Mar 18 2014, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Just a simple list of things we like about our characters. You can even list things you don't like about them if you wish. They don't always do things that are agreeable to us, after all. Since I'm the one starting this thread, I will uhh... start. huh.gif

Lady Saga, a.k.a. the Ranger from Valenwood

IPB Image

THINGS I LIKE

1). She's determined. There's something about her that's just so driven, it's a trait I often lack in real-life. Yet, despite her drive, Saga can also be somewhat...

2). Unfocused. She's got this random desire to explore all of Cyrodiil. She's been at it for years (and I've been exploring with her now literally for years, on three different platforms). Her 'random desire' is rather unfocused, though. I never know which direction she's going to wind up taking at any moment. While this can be true of a lot of our characters; a lot of them are adventurers, after all, there's something about my archer from Valenwood that always has me wondering a bit. She doesn't actually do many quests, nor is she interested in wealth or stealing or fame, or any of the other usual things some of my others are all about.

3). She's pretty. wub.gif I'm proud to have created such a beautiful creature, using only vanilla tools at that, on PS3, Xbox, and PC. The latest version of Saga (on PC) is a bit grumpy-looking, but I think this suits her to some extent. She lives in a tough world, after all.

4). She's aged. The original Saga on PS3 was young and nubile. Literally a babe with a bow. When I started her game on Xbox, I RP'd that it was 5 years later, and on PC it's now 7 years later than 433. I think. With each new incarnation of Lady Saga, I've pushed the slider slightly further to the right.

5). She's good with a bow. It's not just me 'aiming' her shots, and pressing the buttons, it's also the fact that her combination of skills literally often points her in the right direction.

6). She's fond of wildlife. She's got a respect for the creatures of Cyrodiil.

7). She often shrugs social norms away. She's pretty, yet she's not afraid to get rude to an NPC if she disagrees with him or her. She's got a b!tchy side, I guess you could say. Again, this is a trait I admire, since in real-life I often must kowtow to some teachers, parents, and other such people in my life. Sometimes I just wanna tell some of 'em how I really feel, yet it's not always feasible to do so (and remain in good graces, socially). Saga could care less.

- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -- @ -

THINGS I DON'T LIKE (honestly, there aren't many).

1). She's rather frail. This doesn't really seem to matter most of the time, until it does. wink.gif Up against a majority of stronger opponents in Cyrodiil, Saga must flee. This was true on PS3, and is even truer on PC with MMM going in her game.

2). She relies on poisons a little too much.

3). She was too much of an uber on Xbox (fixed on PC). This was really my fault, actually. Every stealth shot she made was virtually a guaranteed 1-shot kill. It's the reason I abandoned her on Xbox. Ironically, on PS3 I didn't have her Attributes as finely-honed, so on this system she began getting pwned a little too easily by the time she was Level 6 or so.

Mmmm. That seems to be all. How about yours? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Mar 18 2014, 10:08 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
gpstr
post Aug 31 2016, 01:22 AM
Post #2

Agent

Gonna resurrect this thread (I presume that's all right...) just because it seems to be the right place for the thing I'm in the mood to write, which isn't really an update.

I spent a while last night taking shots of Cressida's house on the hills east of the IC, so, since it'd been over a year since I spent any time with her and she's one of my all-time favorites, I took the chance to take her out and run through a couple of dungeons.

Cressida (also linked on the homes thread).

She's one of my three "little elves." That's actually their name in-game - not very imaginative, I know, but a fake race isn't lore friendly anyway, so I figured a simple non-lore name was better than a complex one. And I'm just not that good at coming up with good names anyway.

The little elves have penalties to strength and endurance and bonuses to agility and intelligence. My first one (and the character I created the race specifically for) was my animal conjurer Hanna. She was a struggle early on just because she was so physically weak. Cressida came about pretty much by accident - I had nothing specific in mind other than that she was going to use a claymore, since I find claymores to actually be better for relatively weak characters, since they allow the character to keep her distance from opponents. Even with that though, I figured she'd be a challenge.

I was just randomizing faces and browsing, when I happened to get Cressida's face, pretty much the way you see it there (though with vanilla hair instead of that hair, which is actually a wig, and in fact, I don't even remember now what her real hair looks like). She caught my attention immediately, but I was sort of hesitant since her skin is coppery gold - not yellow or beige or tan or brown, but very definitely gold. It's really not a natural skin color (unless you're Doc Savage), but the more I looked at her, the more I liked her, and I gave her a chance.

The odd thing about Cressida, and the reason I wanted to post this, is that she was never a struggle. She was never even particularly challenged. I'm not sure really why that is - her build isn't notably different from anyone else's, but there never seemed to be a point in the game - even in the depths of the level 10 trough, when Will o' Wisps and Bears start showing up - when it seemed like she was ever even in any real danger. From the very beginning, she was just cool and collected and very efficient. It wasn't even a personality trait that I tried on her and decided mostly fit - it was something that I only came to realize over time. Where most characters go places and do things and get hurt and scared and intimidated and wary, she just went places and did things very calmly and efficiently and successfully.

So that's what I like about Cressida. I've played a few characters who are notably confident and strong, but no other who surprised me with it like she did. Generally it's just the opposite - I decide that they're confident, then they have to struggle a bit to justify that. With her, I didn't have that in mind at all - she just went ahead and did it anyway.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:29 AM